00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Interloping just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,914,434 Views | 60,181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-04 17:43:52

Whoops, quote fail. repost:

At 10/4/08 04:58 PM, ArthurGhostly wrote:
I'll never know how people can entertain themselves with number crunching.

Don't try to use the subjectivity of your personality to reason what other people like.

First of all, there IS space for creativity in solving problems, whether it be maths or not. Try to search for some complicated problems and the solutions, you'll see that everyone uses different patterns and thought trails to find the solution. Secondly, it's not all about creativity. Your subjectivity might lead you to think that there's no fun when there's no creativity, but I would be happy to solve something complicated even if I wasn't "creative".

You like vaginas, I like penises. Why? who knows. some people prefer to do things that other people don't.

im not gay, it was just an analogy :x

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-04 18:01:42

At 10/4/08 05:43 PM, Toast wrote:
im not gay, it was just an analogy :x

How many times have i heard that?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-04 18:15:25

At 10/4/08 06:06 PM, ArthurGhostly wrote:
At 10/4/08 05:43 PM, Toast wrote: Whoops, quote fail. repost:

At 10/4/08 04:58 PM, ArthurGhostly wrote:
First of all, there IS space for creativity in solving problems, whether it be maths or not. Try to search for some complicated problems and the solutions, you'll see that everyone uses different patterns and thought trails to find the solution.
Yeah. I understand everyone has their own flair and way of coding/mathematic-ising. But I still can only see a few ways to reach the right answer. Maybe it's because I've never really gotten interested in it that I'm blind to the many different ways to do an equation. But it always seems like - it's those ways or not at all.

Maybe it is. I especially like stuff like the Monty Hall Paradox, because nearly all people who take it adapt a false pattern the first time they see it. That's because the way it's presented in function of the way we are trained to think, makes us see it falsely. You need to really use your head and get past the things you learnt to solve it. It's like when yoda tells anakin to unlearn what he has learned if he wants to be a jedi.

I guess it's the satisfaction of solving a problem. Something is trying to stop you and you over come it - and that's a good feeling. But again. It just feels like the same problem over and over with maths.

You could argue that art too is a lot of the same things over and over, for example most artists use very similar styles all the time. That's not the point though. I don't like doing boring maths exercises either. Most of the time in maths class I'm really bored and I wanna sleep. What I enjoy is really using my brain at its maximum to figure something paradoxical or clever. I hate the average math exercise just like you do, because probably most of the things you know about maths and logic are from learning at school - which sucks. when a clever person comes up with a challenge for me im always interested to do it. The people who write math books for schools, however, are not clever, and don't write them for clever people.

I guess you'd feel the same about painting a form and getting real meticulous with the lighting, texture and what have you...

I don't paint much, so I can't say much about lighting etc. But although I don't do it much, I do enjoy drawing. As long as it's not in an art class where I have strict rules. If I have a funny idea or something that inspired me I enjoy drawing it.

Because they satisfy you. I get it. But where as vaginas are deep and fun to explore. Penises are blunt, boring and generally don't excite me.

subjectivity ftw. for me vaginas are just empty holes, while penises are very big and elastic and it's always fun to go to the beginning of the penis and find my way to the tip of it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-04 18:21:21

How many times have i heard that?
At 10/4/08 06:15 PM, Toast wrote: subjectivity ftw. for me vaginas are just empty holes, while penises are very big and elastic and it's always fun to go to the beginning of the penis and find my way to the tip of it.

Case Closed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-04 18:27:20

At 10/4/08 06:21 PM, ArthurGhostly wrote: But once you've explored the vagina. There's a whole load of other areas to get your hands stuck into. Once you've reached the end of a penis. That's it. Sure, you could find a new penis. But it'd feel like more of the same to me.

Yes, this is turning into the general reg lounge. Please take a U-Turn a head to avoid disturbingville.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-04 18:30:36

just to close the case - no one has EVER reached the end of the penis. And no one ever will until we find the answer to life, the universe, and everything else. and btw i could say the same thing about the vagina - once you've explored all the areas of the vagina, what's left to do?

but anywaaays

i got a math textbook of the last year of highschool open in front of me. I think I'll just post some exercise I don't understand in a new thread. This stuff is 3 years ahead of me in terms of school years, so don't expect me to understand all the words and shit :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-04 18:31:30

At 10/4/08 05:25 PM, Xeptic wrote: It's going down here though, albeit only slightly.

ah, alright.. but it still seems that the portal is acting too forgiving lately, I was thinking maybe because the population dropped, therefore they would be less votes, making the scores slightly higher..

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-04 18:41:19

Reg Treasure Hunt

: Am I doing it right?

Lil' busy right now - have a good one guys.

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-04 21:23:25

Reg treasure hunt ?
Why wasn't I invited ?!

Ungrateful noobs >:[

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-04 21:32:18

Jews DO believe in Jesus, they just believe he was a prophet or something.

Math = omg >.> shut up nerds...

<3
At 10/4/08 06:30 PM, Toast wrote: just to close the case - no one has EVER reached the end of the penis. And no one ever will until we find the answer to life, the universe, and everything else. and btw i could say the same thing about the vagina - once you've explored all the areas of the vagina, what's left to do?

Explore them again, and again, and again.

OMG it's hard to type while drunk.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-04 21:37:09

At 10/4/08 09:32 PM, liaaaam wrote: Jews DO believe in Jesus, they just believe he was a prophet or something.

Suuuureee.
Anyways I'm done spamming today.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-04 21:42:49

At 10/4/08 09:32 PM, liaaaam wrote: Jews DO believe in Jesus, they just believe he was a prophet or something.

Does anyone not believe in jesus? I think there's not more doubt about the existence of jesus than any other person who lived 2000 years ago. I believe he existed, but only as some casual guy who was considered as an intelligent person at the time. Obviously I don't believe that he's the son of god or that he was resurrected.

Math = omg >.> shut up nerds...

pff aren't you a nerd too? i figured you might actually like to be part of it.

Explore them again, and again, and again.

you can do the same thing with the penis. but that's starting to get off the subject because remember this is an analogy to maths and logic vs art and creativity. it's not like you saw "everything" in art and then you explore it again. those analogies were good at first but there is not point in developing them any further. my point remains the same.

OMG it's hard to type while drunk.

sometimes it's better to just not type at all when you're drunk. >.>

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-04 21:48:00

At 10/4/08 09:23 PM, IoIwut wrote: Reg treasure hunt ?
Why wasn't I invited ?!
Ungrateful noobs >:[

your the noob idiot.

GET OUT OF THE REG LOUNGE >.<

im hyper

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-04 23:01:26

At 10/4/08 03:30 PM, DarkMana wrote:
At 10/4/08 03:06 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Quick! Someone calculate roughly the amount of possible configurations of all the particles in the universe if they are arranged in a straight line, one right after each other.
< (10^100)!

don't you mean = 10^100! ? that's a huge-ass number. I challenge you all to compute it and find the result. It can't be done in flash I tried it already. Flash considers everything above 170! as infinity :I

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 00:00:35

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 00:03:11

At 10/4/08 11:15 PM, Musician wrote: Here's a snapshot:

I'm a horrible tester, but damn.. looks so nice o_o

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 00:53:35

At 10/5/08 12:00 AM, DawnOfDusk wrote: So, I made a game.

It was pretty interesting for what it was. I found the easiest way to do it was hold them all, then release the slower ones first then release them all. I ended up with a B+ 116 I think. I don't think it was really worth sponsoring, because of the size and length of it, but you may have been able to get a small sponsor to sponsor you for some money, lord knows worse games have been sponsored. But yea nice job I liked it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 04:54:27

HAIII GAIZ!!!

I are making a new artz pic for me artz class, whatchall think?
(not done! however i think that's probably self explanatory, if it was done, it would not look like it does...)

Sorry, its late, its also in the Art forum but here is like my peeps so i decided to post it here as well. :P

THIS LINK FOR A BIGGER PIC!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 05:00:41

At 10/5/08 04:54 AM, Duchednier wrote: HAIII GAIZ!!!

I like!

maths shit

you math nerds

on a tangent; note the use of the word 'math' as opposed to 'maths' there, that is not because i'm reverting to american spelling, but that in this context i am using the word 'mathematical' as opposed to 'mathematics' which has a sit's shortened form, 'math' as opposed to 'maths'

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 05:23:04

At 10/5/08 05:00 AM, dELtaluca wrote: on a tangent; note the use of the word 'math' as opposed to 'maths' there, that is not because i'm reverting to american spelling, but that in this context i am using the word 'mathematical' as opposed to 'mathematics' which has a sit's shortened form, 'math' as opposed to 'maths'

That's not nerdy whatsoever ;P.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 05:49:29

At 10/5/08 04:54 AM, Duchednier wrote: I are making a new artz pic for me artz class, whatchall think?

Fuckin' Sweet. What are you using to colour it?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 08:27:00

At 10/5/08 05:00 AM, dELtaluca wrote: on a tangent; note the use of the word 'math' as opposed to 'maths' there, that is not because i'm reverting to american spelling, but that in this context i am using the word 'mathematical' as opposed to 'mathematics' which has a sit's shortened form, 'math' as opposed to 'maths'

Stick it to the man brotha.

@Toast, just telling it like it is.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 09:54:23

What's everyone's plans for the future? How many of use here hope to go into something related to flash or making games/animation?

I know I want to get into the game industry... I just don't know if I can make it D:

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 10:06:56

At 10/5/08 09:54 AM, RyanPridgeon wrote: I know I want to get into the game industry... I just don't know if I can make it D:

Just teach yourself C++, it'll give you a great head start.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 10:32:00

k-gure i am jewish and i live in israel...believe me a lot of jews don't believe in god...many of them becausethe holocust...
jobs
working in flash would be awesome...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 10:37:22

What I don't see the logic in, is that Jesus was Jewish. And Christians believe in Jesus.
So why would Christians not become Jewish.
Why are there Christians?

Answer = Church money scam.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 10:39:01

At 10/5/08 10:37 AM, SweetSkater wrote: What I don't see the logic in, is that Jesus was Jewish. And Christians believe in Jesus.

clearly you know very little of the christian religions

Answer = Church money scam.

although i do agree there ;p

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 10:42:05

At 10/5/08 10:37 AM, SweetSkater wrote: What I don't see the logic in, is that Jesus was Jewish.

Jesus is a rip off of various Pagan gods. All religion is false.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 10:45:16

At 10/5/08 10:37 AM, SweetSkater wrote: What I don't see the logic in, is that Jesus was Jewish. And Christians believe in Jesus.

The key difference is that Christians worship Christ, not his beliefs but his teachings. Well that last sentence made very little sense.. but yeah. I can't explain more. Either way yes, religion is a scam. Not so much nowadays because they couldn't get away with it, but in the past the church pretty much dominated the world using fear (i.e. You're going to hell unless you give us money..) and that is why they are so rich now :p

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-10-05 10:54:01

Talking about religion, has anyone seen this story?

Religious Lady Has Miscarrage and Keeps It.
NSFW!

BBS Signature