00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Scariest video game moment?

24,089 Views | 463 Replies

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-10-08 18:21:09

silent hill. it scared the shite outta me and iwas wearing no pants so i pissed all ovear the screeen while playing it.

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-10-08 18:22:10

More creepy than sacry really, that scene in Quake 4 when you get cut up and there's blood all over the walls.

A Bedtime Tale | 1 | 2 | 3 |

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-10-10 19:29:50

how about in timesplitters 2? play a game at the hospital and make all characters crispin (burned zombie with yellow eyes) and sewer zombies

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-05 22:15:46

I was playing Zelda Ocarina of Time on emulator. I was in the Water temple and I wen to a hole in the ceiling I waited a while and then I looked p. I saw the spider jump down. That made me scream. It was pretty cool

Charlie: I'm about to show you the white-hot cream of an 8th grade boy.

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-05 22:22:30

when i was playing tony hawks underground 2 and i grinded around a fountain 300 times (i left for a while while i did it. cheats XD) and whne i came back my game was completley locked up. i had to restart my gamecube 3 or 4 times before it went back to normal. i figured it completley died and i would have to get a new gamecube

All you children will have small penises, including the girls!

I found a working sega master system in the garbage...

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-05 22:26:57

fuck i think alien vs pred 2! the very start as a human in the downed ship and theres no fucking light except the emergency ones that flicker on and off, and you have that fucking usless alien spotter that just sends out pulses and you see them getting closer and closer, but you cant fucking see them so u start shooting and you freak out then RARARRARARFFFFT some fucker jumps on your face and your fucking dead.... ohh man i hated that

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-05 22:32:20

Not that big of a fan on horror games, but my only horror game is "Resident evil 4"

When I first got the game, I was always thinking "Okay, something is going to jump out on me in that bush"

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-05 22:32:31

At 7/19/06 10:35 PM, Unheard wrote: when my game froze up

yea, when I was nearly finished one really hard mission in Saints Row, which I have tried multiple times before I got it, and before I saved, it FROZE!

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-05 22:36:43

Resident Evil 2... When you are running thru the hallway and those arms come grabbing at you from the windows....I literally fell backwards in my chair.

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-05 22:57:40

When i was playing The Sims on the GBA a couple years ago, i accidentally erased my file which had almost all missions done.

Thanks to Turkeybean for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-05 22:58:28

The whole game of Call of Cthulhu , dark corners of the earth for xbox

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 00:12:45

DOOM 3 scared me silly when you walk down some stairs and it all goes red and a giant head smashes through the door and he says something (not sure wat some thing like"YOUR DOOMED TO HELL!!!)im just running away and then imps come out of nowhere
whet i did:
1.paused the game for like 5 min,s so im not scared
2.pulled out chain saw
3paused it again and said"bring it"
4.turned music off and played some heavy metal
5.I absolutely kicked some ass
honestly putting on rock music makes you realy agro and want to own up!!! ps im 13!!! so its pretty hard to cope with doom 3 since i completed it

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 00:20:46

I was playing halo 2 and my friend told me to set the date on my xbox to 7/7/07 and look at the sign on zanzibar. I thought there wouldnt be anything. There was that creepy poster of the decapitated dog saying "Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?" It was like 2 am and scared the poop out a me

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 00:23:43

At 7/19/06 10:37 PM, Maus wrote: Silent Hill 2, when one of the nurses skittered out from under a car, I threw the controller.

that game is scary..... dont play it in the dark lol, its kinda a surprise type game

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 00:24:55

At 11/5/06 10:36 PM, King-Kanar wrote: Resident Evil 2... When you are running thru the hallway and those arms come grabbing at you from the windows....I literally fell backwards in my chair.

I remember that, didn't have a memory card so when it happend I was jarred and just turned it off then and there. That was a long time ago, when I was real young.

Probably one of my scary moments is when I played Fatal Frame my first time. Some of the ghosts are real gay and just suddenly bolt at you real fast and yell, and when you're in a first person view to fight them it can kinda catch you off guard at times. I especially hated the Blinded Lady cause she would go into the walls and do that, or the Broken Neck who just came at you with her head backwards so you couldn't lock and then just flip around suddenly in your face. Not to mention the Catastrophe. The first time I saw her and she had all those ghosts, arms and shit coming from behind her, my first thought was "...Oh FUCK..."

Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm gonna fuck you with a rake

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 00:37:22

The Condemned, when you have to investigate a "dead" body in a locker, and as you go to examine the body the body grabs your arm, cause the guy isnt dead, but the skin on his face is ripped off, so that made it pretty creepy.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 00:41:02

At 11/6/06 12:37 AM, 36Holla wrote: The Condemned, when you have to investigate a "dead" body in a locker, and as you go to examine the body the body grabs your arm, cause the guy isnt dead, but the skin on his face is ripped off, so that made it pretty creepy.

Are you refering to the Condemned game on the 360 (and I think computer, dunno)? If so that game does have some moments that are pretty creepy considering most places you go to are run down and lots of things turned over, destroyed, etc. I remember the manequins in the clothing store just started moving suddenly and I was like "what the hell..?". That sorta got me off guard.

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 00:55:26

Does silent hill 2 get better later on? The first SH game I played was part 4 so when i started part 2 it seemed like a disapointment, I REALLY liked the monsters, but it felt like they were running away from me, and there werent many, and I only got to see the lying figure.

I am Darknessium, I do not forgive, I do not forget.

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 00:58:59

At 11/6/06 12:41 AM, PowerPrower wrote:

Are you refering to the Condemned game on the 360 (and I think computer, dunno)? If so that game does have some moments that are pretty creepy considering most places you go to are run down and lots of things turned over, destroyed, etc. I remember the manequins in the clothing store just started moving suddenly and I was like "what the hell..?". That sorta got me off guard.

Yeah, thats the game i talkin about, that whole game was creepy now that Im remembering all the stuff that happened in it

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 00:59:27

At 11/6/06 12:55 AM, darknessium wrote: Does silent hill 2 get better later on? The first SH game I played was part 4 so when i started part 2 it seemed like a disapointment, I REALLY liked the monsters, but it felt like they were running away from me, and there werent many, and I only got to see the lying figure.

4 and 2 don't really tie into any particular story, so that could be why it seemed so off perchance. It does kinda get better throughout the game, and the monsters may have been running cause that's what the spitters tend to do out in the streets a lot is run rather than stand toe to toe, but later ones will come after you. Difficulty could play into this as well.

And for the record crimsonheads are scary as fuck. I never even knew that would happen until I backtracked once. I figured they had to remain behind for a reason, but didn't know THAT was why. Had to look it up on gamefaqs to see what the hell was going on. Beat it though, and had that phobia of spiders relived with the giant red and green one in the cave.

God do I HATE spiders...

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 02:01:55

i don't buy horror games, but i still jumped i met the flood in halo. i was 11. and then, while shooting infection forms, the combat forms came and hit me in the back, instant death. i had no idea what happened the first time.

It's not the post counts,

It's the posts that count...

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 02:04:31

Playing the original RE on the PSX the first time, running through the hallways and suddenly having them explode as those damned dogs came in!

Creepiest moment ever was playing Silent Hill in the dark school. Thinking "I can see the phone, I know something's going to happen with the phone..." and it still creeped the fuck out of me. That and the ghost children, way creepier than the little zombie kids because they can't hurt you, they're just sort of THERE and yet NOT there...

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 02:04:42

htmler

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 02:11:06

At 11/6/06 12:24 AM, PowerPrower wrote: about fatal frame

that game is so fucking scary!!! I played that game up until about the part where you hear "Get the ropes, GET THE ROPES!" My friend was sitting there with me, broad daylight and he pissed his pants, went home, changed his pants, came back and pissed himself again. I couldn't get very far in that game.

im REALLY scared now ='(

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 02:14:50

At 11/6/06 02:11 AM, ThePaintingHerb wrote: that game is so fucking scary!!! I played that game up until about the part where you hear "Get the ropes, GET THE ROPES!" My friend was sitting there with me, broad daylight and he pissed his pants, went home, changed his pants, came back and pissed himself again. I couldn't get very far in that game.

Eh, I suppose I could understand why that's really freaky to ya. I just heard things and could feel the hair on the back of my neck standing up, but not much more than that and a few jumping moments. You should try it again though, it's a good game once you can get past that stuff, you're right in the beginning. ;)

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 05:13:58

At 7/19/06 10:32 PM, bigbadron wrote:
At 7/19/06 10:31 PM, AlastorTheDevil wrote:

scariest moment? hmm. would have to be playing any of the silent hills. those scare the shit out of me.

yea silent hill 2 was the scariest

"The thought of a giant dripping dick that protrudes out of a hole cut in the middle of my kitchen table similar to a glory hole is all I need to get my day going." -BlueHippo

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 05:37:30

One time when my cousin and I had gotten our hands on an Ocarinia of time disk for the game cube. We got to the temple where there are wall masters (you know, those hand things that come down from th ceiling and grab you). Well, it was about one am and one of the wall masters came down and grabbed link. For some reason we both jumped up yelling, then my mom came in to see what we were yelling about and she scared the shit out of us,

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 05:45:17

i got really scared when all the ghosts came around me but i got away AHHAHA i made it to the next level my hands were really sweaty.

pac man sure is hard.

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 06:03:15

At 7/21/06 01:45 PM, Gendo wrote:
-The Licker in RE2 was fairly horrifying

I flinched but I didn't really jump or anything. I only flinch when I get surprised. Even screamers only make me flinch

-The opening cutscene from RE3 scared me shitless....

But that's the best opening cutscene in all of the RE series!!

RPD officers+zombies+Umbrella commandos= Total Carnage!!

-The Fury in MGS3 was incredibly scary....the random explosions and walls of flames accompannied by his frenzied shouts of "SON OF A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!!!!!" nearly caused me a heart attack.

That wasn't scary. I was actually surprised that it was so easy to beat him.

The closest I got to actually screaming was when my 15 and a half year old cousin told me to continue doom 3 since he was scared.( He's scared of the kiddie roller coaster for God's sake!!!!) Unfortunately, it was the part with the imp jumping from the stairs thing. I said "Gah" and then I said " Dumb imp" then I pumped it with lead from my shotgun.

I'm scared of the " look over your shoulder type of scary".

Like, when I saw all those creepy genetic stuff Umbrella did. I almost feel sorry for the poor creatures created by them ( although I think the monsters actually enjoy killing and eating people) so I put them out of their misery.( With my magnum)

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-11-06 07:02:27

This might be a bit of an oldie and many may not know it but the game is called Blood.
The scary part was with those crawling hands that strangle you.