00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Scariest video game moment?

24,040 Views | 463 Replies

Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:23:13

Once, when i was playing resident evil 4, i was at the end of the dock where you fight the lake monster, and i was playing around for a while before i fought him. Anyways, i was standing at the end of the dock shooting fish when all of a sudden, the lake monster shot up out of the water and ate me, i jumped out of my seat! It was freaking aweseme (and scary)

Biggest mistake in life #3 : Mispronouncing "Niger" while giving a speech in Africa.

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:24:30

Playing Driv3r...

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:26:45

Sitting Alone in the dark in my basement doing a 100% completion on Resident Evil Four and Silent Hill Four. That Or Hearing about a Tingle RPG*shutters*

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:32:46

At 7/19/06 10:31 PM, AlastorTheDevil wrote: When my memory card got wiped before I went to fight Omega Weapon in FF8.

that IS scary.

scariest moment? hmm. would have to be playing any of the silent hills. those scare the shit out of me.

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:35:47

when my game froze up

Awesome post great job!

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:37:33

When I saw the Mario and Yoshi dolls in a serious cutscene in MGS: The Twin Snakes.

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:37:46

Silent Hill 2, when one of the nurses skittered out from under a car, I threw the controller.

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:38:25

My scariest video game moment would have to be when I accidenlty deleted my FF7 save file that I spents months on morphing the monsters into powerups to get Cloud to max stats. Everything was maxed out, then my cat just had to walk over the power button one day as it was saving...

Actual events in a game would have to be when you find out the girl you were searching for in Breath of Fire IV had been turned into a gaint pile of organs in some sick expirament and then she begs you to kill her, nothing scared me as much as that, not even the resident evil games.(keep in mind I was 11 when I played Breath of Fire)

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:48:20

At 7/19/06 10:37 PM, Maus wrote: Silent Hill 2, when one of the nurses skittered out from under a car, I threw the controller.

Hahaha! lol! The TV must of got hit by the controller.

Well, my scariest video game moment was when I was playing Resident Evil 4, I was just shooting some random guys and all of a sudden, a guy with a chain saw comes out of nowhere and cuts my neak off. It was my first time playing the game and I was playing it in the dark!

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:50:50

bloodrayne, anytime you need to feed and theres a bio mass in front of you.

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:52:09

At 7/19/06 10:37 PM, Maus wrote: Silent Hill 2, when one of the nurses skittered out from under a car, I threw the controller.

lol, i remember that part!

i never did beat silent hill 2, couldnt beat pyramid head.

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:52:42

Resident Evil 4: The oven man. You don't know how fucking scary that is when you're playing at midnight, no lights, max volume. A man pops out of the oven screaming and biting you. I jumped out of my chair.

Or naked Raiden.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:52:50

resident evil 4 didnt scare me at all and im the biggest pansy ever...

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:54:36

Don't know but we can all agree, the first time anyone has played resident evil,
they jumped because of the "Dog through the window".

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:55:18

Getting blown up by the Cyberdemon and jumped 17 times in a row in my chair playing DOOM 3 on my step brothers Xbox.

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:58:04

Try playing this game alone, with the lights off, and sound turned up. Its pretty good if you like scary games, although kinda hard. Something in it scared me alot, but I wont tell you in hopes it'll get you too XD

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/189227

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:58:46

The Silent Hill series.

FEAR had it's moments, though. I gotta admit that.

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:59:03

When I didn't know how to get past that big, black thing from "Out of this World" and it came out and bit/ate me.

Yeah, I know, I'm a wuss - so what?

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 22:59:46

I remember as a kid this game called D for the playstation. Now this game had almost no enemies but the atmospshere drove you nuts. You would constantly be seeing a shadow dart past or some loud noise. It sucks now but that game had me scared to sleep for weeks.

"The worst kind of coward is one that is only brave enough to show his face in the dark...."

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 23:00:07

At 7/19/06 10:58 PM, Kitsunegirl wrote: Try playing this game alone, with the lights off, and sound turned up. Its pretty good if you like scary games, although kinda hard. Something in it scared me alot, but I wont tell you in hopes it'll get you too XD

I've only seen the beginning of that game but Exmortis 2 seems scarier.

Signature

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 23:01:50

I've just bought Indigo Prophecy and its had some pretty creepy moments.

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 23:01:51

Playing Resident Evil 4 or Silent Hill 4: The Room alone in the house at 4:00 AM. Nuff said. (I actually done that before. Won't ever do it again, though. >_<)

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 23:04:19

At 7/19/06 10:58 PM, Kitsunegirl wrote: Try playing this game alone, with the lights off, and sound turned up. Its pretty good if you like scary games, although kinda hard. Something in it scared me alot, but I wont tell you in hopes it'll get you too XD

Sorry, but screw you - I ain't even CHECKIN' to see if that's "The Ugly". My mind's still warped from playing that 6 months ago.

Guess it's sleeping with the lights on for me tonight...again. I don't know why I answer these kind of topics...

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 23:05:10

When my monster lost in monster rancher 2 and I thought he died when i was like 7 years old I starting crying ='(.

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 23:08:10

My friend got the 360 and the HD cables and the downgrade upgrade AND he has a 59" plasma and it was 3 in the morning and we played doom3 on nightmare mode. That was pretty scary.

rawr

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 23:16:43

My scariest momment is will playing Exmortis 2 and i couldnt find the car keys and that thing pops up and when your in the vent and that thing pops out. Other than that it was playing D and D2 on the ps and dreamcast it had an errie feel to it so not as much scary as creepy. I have never had a memery card mishap.

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 23:21:20

i was playing ghost recon advanced warfighter on my computer with onlly the sound effects on. i was feeling abit thirsty so i went to go get a drink upstairs. after comeback i started to play again, i was taking my time and started to get into the game commanding my squad and being all tactical about it.i came to a corner and decided to make a dash for it in case of snipers. i turned the corner to a conceled turret and a hail of gun turret fire

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

while i was gone my friend thought it would be funny to turn the volume up to it's fullest on my 5.1 700 watt sub sound system :\

i must have flew 2 feet striaght up outta my chiar, and my ears where buzzing.

it even blew the fuse in my sub

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 23:24:22

At 7/19/06 11:05 PM, Brokenblade wrote: When my monster lost in monster rancher 2 and I thought he died when i was like 7 years old I starting crying ='(.

Same thing here I was so sad about my 6 year old Moochi dying right before the big match.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 23:24:50

1st most scary VG moment: I was about... I dunno, like 10-11, and I was playing Resident Evil: Code Veronica at like 11. I played all the way till I got to Chris's part (the second disk) and stopped at the psycho spider thing under the ice, that creeped me out.

2nd scariest moment: When I picked up my Pokemon Red when I was like...however old I was when it was popular... and found all the data was erased when the only Pokemon I had left to catch was Drowzee/Hypno and Jynx... I remember the names because I was so fucking MAD..

Arrgh, that sucked.

wew

Response to Scariest video game moment? 2006-07-19 23:24:58

Pacman, when the ghosts eat you!

They should update pacman, make it have realistic ghosts :D

Someone once asked me why I call myself Unimportant. Simple, I said. As a nihilist, that's what I see everyone and everything as. In the end, we are all Unimportant.