00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

140,614 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-11-19 22:43:38

At 11/18/06 11:19 AM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote:
be it expensive or not, unless you preordered it theres no way to get it period. And since It looks like mgs4 won't come out till august, we've got time to wait.

besides i live in japan and i get the japanease versions anyway, but its ok i can understand it just fine, and some of the character's accents are annoying anyway. (in the american version no offence) infact, i think that we in japan we may get the video games earlier. (i think)

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-11-20 18:33:42

At 11/19/06 10:43 PM, rotteneggsuprise wrote:
At 11/18/06 11:19 AM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote:
be it expensive or not, unless you preordered it theres no way to get it period. And since It looks like mgs4 won't come out till august, we've got time to wait.
besides i live in japan and i get the japanease versions anyway, but its ok i can understand it just fine, and some of the character's accents are annoying anyway. (in the american version no offence) infact, i think that we in japan we may get the video games earlier. (i think)

Woah cool, i've never met a Japanese native b4. But i was basing my evidence for the release date on how with the Metal Gear Solid logo thing, all the L's look like upsidedown 7's, so it could be a 7/7/07 release date. which would also be Exactly 20 years since the origional Metal Gear for msx was released. so if anything that would be the Japanese release date. And although i like the american accents BECAUSE there stupid... I would rather have it in Japanese just so the voices could match the character's lips.

Hovering around Consciousness

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-11-20 19:47:21

At 11/20/06 06:33 PM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote: I would rather have it in Japanese just so the voices could match the character's lips.

I like it the way it is. Plus from the short trailer I saw, I don't really like the Japanese voices. I prefer Hayter massively.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-11-21 02:38:48

hey, has anyone seen the wresling part with snake and eva in metal gear solid 3 snake eater?

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-11-21 03:32:40

At 11/20/06 08:58 PM, Xtesh wrote: I'll join.

i think you can join, but i really don't now because im not the boss around here, anyway like i said before anyone seen the wresling part on metal gear solid 3 snake eater? because that was really funny.

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-11-21 22:04:44

At 11/20/06 08:58 PM, Xtesh wrote: I'll join.

everyone's welcomed but you gotta post somewhat regularly or else theres no point in joining

:At 11/20/06 06:33 PM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote:

I would rather have it in Japanese just so the voices could match the character's lips.

:I like it the way it is. Plus from the short trailer I saw, I don't really like the Japanese voices. I :prefer Hayter massively.

I said the only reason i like japanese is so the words match the lips, i love the american voices themselves. I find the Japanese snake's voice to be so stereotypical of the japanese hero. that sort of noble samari voice type of thing.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-11-26 00:46:39

Hello? anyone home?

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-11-26 15:44:20

At 11/26/06 12:46 AM, rottenneggs wrote: Hello? anyone home?

yes?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-11-30 01:17:15

somone seriously needs to make a subject.

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-01 15:23:37

At 11/30/06 01:17 AM, rottenneggs wrote: somone seriously needs to make a subject.

fine then. how many of you are going to buy portable ops and what do u guys think of it?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-01 15:56:09

At 12/1/06 03:23 PM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote: fine then. how many of you are going to buy portable ops and what do u guys think of it?

Is that on the PSP.
If so.. no.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-01 17:43:30

At 12/1/06 03:56 PM, Nev wrote:
Is that on the PSP.

yes, it is.

If so.. no.

talk about great minds thinking alike...

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-01 17:51:20

At 12/1/06 05:43 PM, Majin-Wilder wrote: talk about great minds thinking alike...

I just don't want to waste my money on something I will never use. I never play my PS2 anymore. I just listen to music all day.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-02 05:36:36

At 12/1/06 03:23 PM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote: fine then. how many of you are going to buy portable ops and what do u guys think of it?

a portable ops? whats that?

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-03 23:14:59

At 12/2/06 05:36 AM, rottenneggs wrote:
a portable ops? whats that?

it's a sequal to snake eater on the psp. it's an actuall metal gear solid game, not one of those gay acid card games. i really want it personally, because it is part of the metal gear story, to not play it would like not playing sons of liberty or the first metal gear solid.

I just don't want to waste my money on something I will never use. I never play my PS2 anymore. I just listen to music all day.

i donno if u guys r dissing the psp or what. i got mine about a year ago and i love it. it's my mp3 player and portable internet browser, let alone game system. i got it fully tricked out with a bunch of hombrew hacks so it's also my n64, ps1, snes, nes, and msx. i'm not trying to sell it, i'm just saying that it's worth the money just to play a new mgs, let alone all the other stuff

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-04 01:06:34

since i already have a psp, i might get the portable OPS @_@

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-04 20:47:14

At 12/4/06 01:06 AM, rottenneggs wrote: since i already have a psp, i might get the portable OPS @_@

definately, its a must

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-05 15:40:23

im hopefully getting portable ops sometime soon.

also can i join this mega-awesome crew/club

i love mgs i even love mga witch sucked compared to mgs but still il be getting mgs pops soon so my psp wont be solid-less

... i made my sig myself!

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-05 15:55:07

At 12/5/06 03:40 PM, micmac-1 wrote: im hopefully getting portable ops sometime soon.

also can i join this mega-awesome crew/club

i love mgs i even love mga witch sucked compared to mgs but still il be getting mgs pops soon so my psp wont be solid-less

... i made my sig myself!

welcome abord! I also made My sig myself and loved the ac!ds

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-09 21:05:10

so what are people's view on MPO? I'm going to get it tomorrow and check it out.

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-10 01:24:28

At 12/9/06 09:05 PM, EcKo-WR wrote: so what are people's view on MPO? I'm going to get it tomorrow and check it out.

do you mean OPS?

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-10 10:19:08

At 12/10/06 01:24 AM, rottenneggs wrote:
At 12/9/06 09:05 PM, EcKo-WR wrote: so what are people's view on MPO? I'm going to get it tomorrow and check it out.
do you mean OPS?

Yeah i wanted to know if it is worth the $40.

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-10 19:13:17

At 12/10/06 10:19 AM, EcKo-WR wrote:
At 12/10/06 01:24 AM, rottenneggs wrote:
do you mean OPS?
Yeah i wanted to know if it is worth the $40.

i say yea, i got it and played it for hours 2day. the thing is it's MUCH different than the other metal gear solids. the whole thing with building your own army regiment is hard to get figured out but fun once you do. capturing enemies or recruiting through stray wifi channels, and the online mode looks really promising. Gameplay is hard to get use to because of the psp's shortness of buttons. but once you do it's pretty easy to use.
the only thing that's that bad is that the cutsceenes are in the hand drawn style of the trailer, and apart from those cutsceense, the dialog is in text. So overall, MPO is closer to a upgraded and better thought out AC!D than to a reworked for psp subsistance.

if you are a moderate to severe metal gear fan and have the ability to adapt to new gameplay, then the game is defenately worth it.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-10 23:08:34

yo, anyone give me hints to killing The Fury for MGS3 Snake Eater? im playing medium difficulty and having trouble with him

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-11 13:42:01

At 12/10/06 11:08 PM, Kazaam777 wrote: yo, anyone give me hints to killing The Fury for MGS3 Snake Eater? im playing medium difficulty and having trouble with him

what i like to do is use a sniper in combination with the thermal/nvg. and if he's close just shoot with the regular gun

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-17 10:52:49

well i beat portable ops, and it really doesn't add to much to the storyline of mgs except delving shallowly into Grey Fox's past and revealing a very ambiguous message about the patriot/philosophers. It makes it seem like there is one man at the very top of the patriots who ocelot is in communication with. this person was the cause of the events of snake eater, and started the Les enfants terribles, genome, all that jazz. And from some of the final words of ocelot in the game it looks like big boss becomes a patriot.
This is all speculation on my part based off of pretty much the last two cutscenes of the game.
so go on youtube and search Portable ops scene twenty and twenty one, or better yet get the game. then tell me your ideas.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-24 07:08:40

its sad that snake is old, but the reason he is old is caus of FOXDIE. remember in MGS1 naomi gives it to him, but dosent die on the spot? well FOXDIE just effected him by aging his body faster than normal. besides, he looks 60, but he is still as old as he was in MGS2, if not a couple of years older.

metal gear solid club

GET OVER HERE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-24 07:11:09

oh yeah, can i join this club . . .?

metal gear solid club

GET OVER HERE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-24 15:05:27

At 12/24/06 07:11 AM, MKII-Scorpion wrote: oh yeah, can i join this club . . .?

yeah sure, we need some members who actually post.

but there r many reasons y snake becomes old besides foxdie, most probable is that since he was that in the 70s they didn't kno how to clone well enough and so the offspring have problems. Look at Solidous, he looked much older than snake in mgs2

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2006-12-24 15:14:18

m in i love MSG2

Absent made this sig a couple years ago, and I had it for a while, just recently started using it again

Best.Thread.Ever

LOL

BBS Signature