00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

bbc4lunch just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

140,825 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-11 20:58:55

ok, are we done arguing about gayness, groping, and Raiden? Were all pretty much saying the same thing, Raiden is not gay, he might not be a pillar of manliness, but he's not bad. And now after Raiden got his sick ninja suit, he's awesome. It doesn't matter y the president groped Raiden, it was just a joke.

Hovering around Consciousness

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-12 17:28:45

At 1/11/07 08:58 PM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote: ok, are we done arguing about gayness, groping, and Raiden? Were all pretty much saying the same thing, Raiden is not gay, he might not be a pillar of manliness, but he's not bad. And now after Raiden got his sick ninja suit, he's awesome. It doesn't matter y the president groped Raiden, it was just a joke.

don't blame raiden for having female looks, it's what the japanese culture kicks on.(just look at link in twilight princess)
that's what i say. =P

snake= based on a tipical all-round american(even if he has some japanese blood...)
raiden= the japanese counterpart, that's why he is not loved in the US.

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-12 18:11:22

At 1/12/07 05:28 PM, Majin-Wilder wrote

don't blame raiden for having female looks, it's what the japanese culture kicks on.(just look at link in twilight princess)
that's what i say. =P

snake= based on a tipical all-round american(even if he has some japanese blood...)
raiden= the japanese counterpart, that's why he is not loved in the US.

Couldn't have said it better myself

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-12 22:39:02

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/358812
This was quite an interesting flash right here. It gave me a few laughs here and there. :)

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-14 08:26:52

At 1/9/07 08:41 PM, Rague wrote: And no matter how much you don't want to believe it,it's pretty obvious in MGS 3.

Asides from his shiny hair, his immunity to adult books and his obvious 'affair' with the Colonel?

Oh, and the item CalorieMate is a time paradox in itself (CalorieMate only started sales from 1983 AD onwards).

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-16 23:19:27

ok well i am sooo confused right now...

i beat mgs3 for the umteenth time and... i have a question.

If naked snake kills boss, and becomes BIG BOSS, well
When Solid Snake killed BIG BOSS, does he become BIGGER BOSS?!?

think about it. . .

GET OVER HERE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-17 22:06:25

At 1/17/07 04:48 PM, Xtesh wrote: It's simple. He won't become Bigger Boss because he would refuse the title on account of it's silliness and the fact that he would probably like being called snake better.

Um... i'm pretty sure that was a joke, and u killed it...

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-20 16:47:28

can I join in??I have mgs3!

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-20 18:15:40

MGS!MGS!Can I join?

EAT TACOS

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-20 22:31:20

At 1/20/07 04:47 PM, zef7 wrote: can I join in??I have mgs3!
At 1/20/07 06:15 PM, taconinja wrote: MGS!MGS!Can I join?

Everyone is welcome so long as you guys participate in conversation

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-21 12:05:11

At 1/20/07 06:15 PM, taconinja wrote: MGS!MGS!Can I join?

Hey taconinja,you can take off the NG army in your sig,it has been locked!!

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-21 12:06:51

Also,can you tell me a bit about MGS4,is it a good game??What did they improve???

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-21 12:35:12

anybody??

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-21 12:39:08

At 1/21/07 12:06 PM, zef7 wrote: Also,can you tell me a bit about MGS4,is it a good game??What did they improve???

www.gametrailers.com and www.wikipedia.org watch all the mgs4 trailers and search for mgs4 in wikipedia and you'll be on the same page as everyone else.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-21 12:51:59

www.gametrailers.com and www.wikipedia.org watch all the mgs4 trailers and search for mgs4 in wikipedia and you'll be on the same page as everyone else.

I know,I watched videos and stuff but I wanted YOUR advice

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-21 15:55:45

At 1/21/07 12:51 PM, zef7 wrote:
I know,I watched videos and stuff but I wanted YOUR advice

oh well, i think it will be amasing obviously. i don't kno what ur asking exactly. but from what i've seen it's gonna be the best of all mgs games. i could go on about how every aspect of the game is rly good but im pretty sure that goes w/o saying. the only thing i'm wondering about is that i read somewhere that there gonna change the camera system to a 2nd person over the sholder thing. now i doubt that it will end up looking like Resident Evil 4's camera, but i liked the system we had, i don't kno if it should have been changed.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-21 17:54:39

oh well, i think it will be amasing obviously. i don't kno what ur asking exactly. but from what i've seen it's gonna be the best of all mgs games. i could go on about how every aspect of the game is rly good but im pretty sure that goes w/o saying. the only thing i'm wondering about is that i read somewhere that there gonna change the camera system to a 2nd person over the sholder thing. now i doubt that it will end up looking like Resident Evil 4's camera, but i liked the system we had, i don't kno if it should have been changed.

Ok,I think I'll buy it(the PS3 is too expensive!!)

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-21 21:08:53

At 1/21/07 05:54 PM, zef7 wrote:
Ok,I think I'll buy it(the PS3 is too expensive!!)

it sure is, but it's so worth it. (teehee, Santa was good to me this year)

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-22 08:44:39

People, when you get the PS3 buy Resistance. It's a cool alien game. By the way when you finish Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater when you clear the game mabe around six times your save on your PS2 memory card the white roses turns into red roses... Very intresting.

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-22 09:28:23

. By the way when you finish Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater when you clear the game mabe around six times your save on your PS2 memory card the white roses turns into red roses... Very intresting.

Ok,I've finished the game 4times and I a bit bored so I'm not gonna do that

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-22 17:34:53

At 1/22/07 08:44 AM, rottenneggs wrote: People, when you get the PS3 buy Resistance. It's a cool alien game. By the way when you finish Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater when you clear the game mabe around six times your save on your PS2 memory card the white roses turns into red roses... Very intresting.

It shouldn't be 6 times, it turned red on my only after 1

and i have resistance, it's pretty good.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-23 15:22:53

At 1/22/07 05:34 PM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote:
and i have resistance, it's pretty good.

they turn red if you save the game during the time snake's in jail wen he got his eye shot.
(he will have nightmares next time you start the game from that point)

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-23 19:18:44

At 1/11/07 08:58 PM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote:

but he's not bad. And now after Raiden got his sick ninja suit, he's awesome.

Didn't I already say that?

It's gonna be fun fighting things 10x bigger than me!

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-23 19:51:23

Can i join?

P.S. There is going to a metal gear solid movie, and David Hayter is Solid Snake!

Mortal Kombat Kolab

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-23 21:47:16

At 1/23/07 07:51 PM, Assassin223 wrote: Can i join?

P.S. There is going to a metal gear solid movie, and David Hayter is Solid Snake!

sure. all are welcome

yeah, but david hayter isn't gonna be snake, they had a pic of the guy on wikipedia but it's been taken down so i don't kno. David hayter is gonna be directing and helping to write it. he helped write and direct the xmen movies as well as some others.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-23 22:13:20

At 1/23/07 09:51 PM, Xtesh wrote:
At 1/23/07 07:51 PM, Assassin223 wrote: Can i join?

Are you sure? I thought the actor for Snake was still up for grabs, although not many people can do Snale's voice right.
Any thoughts on what Snake sounds like in MGS4? I figure the normal voice, with a twinge of the old-spaghetti western added in. Y'know, the old-guy voice.

Well, i really don't like the Japaneses voice for snake in mgs1-3. it sounds just like any cliche japaneese samuri voice. but i think that the old man voice fits old snake perfectly. It really sounds just like an aged old samuri. I hope David is good enough to get it right.

BTW... anybody have any ideas on y we see both old and a young snake in the 3rd mgs4 trailer? is it a new snake? does snake get botox? any ideas?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-24 18:50:14

At 1/24/07 04:59 PM, Xtesh wrote:
If they lied about Solidus, then why not lie about others?

It'd put it in context too. I mean, MGS is riddled with lies, well not lies so much. But there is a lot we, like the characters don't know.... the whole Patriot issue and such.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-24 18:57:03

At 1/24/07 06:50 PM, Nev wrote:
It'd put it in context too. I mean, MGS is riddled with lies, well not lies so much. But there is a lot we, like the characters don't know.... the whole Patriot issue and such.

Thats what makes MGS such a great series. They do so many unsuspecting things. And does anyone know if MGS4 will be the last installment of the series?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-24 19:18:37

At 1/24/07 06:57 PM, xthesnarfx wrote:
At 1/24/07 06:50 PM, Nev wrote:
Thats what makes MGS such a great series. They do so many unsuspecting things. And does anyone know if MGS4 will be the last installment of the series?

Kojima said it would be.But I highly doubt it.That rumor has been debunked/debugged so many times it's not even funny.

I remember reading something in GAMEPRO saying that Kojima had given the director's seat to someone else during the development of MGS4 and he was going to make sure nothing got messed uop...
But due to several creative differences and other things he took his rightful place in the director's seat back.

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-01-24 19:21:36

But due to several creative differences and other things he took his rightful place in the director's seat back.

Is this true?