00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MonkDrunkey76 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

142,477 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-22 16:49:50

At 9/22/05 04:14 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
Ya know, Raiden in a bandana would look pretty cool, actually.

yes, but that will make the fans think that he is trying to be like snake.
...oh wait, he IS trying to be like sanke, nevermind.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-22 17:43:54

At 9/22/05 04:49 PM, -Majin-Wilder wrote

yes, but that will make the fans think that he is trying to be like snake.
...oh wait, he IS trying to be like sanke, nevermind.

Pfft. Snake was just trying to be like Big Boss...and Big Boss was just trying to be like The Boss.

It's an endless cycle of death and fashion, baby!

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-23 05:24:12

At 9/22/05 05:43 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
It's an endless cycle of death and fashion, baby!

snake tryed to be like big boss?
i know liquid had a strange obsesion with big boss, and solidus is actualy trying to be like him in every way.

btw, the eyepatch that snake has over his eye in MGS4 is actualy not an eyepatch...he uses it to controle those "metal gears" seen in the trailer. =/

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-23 07:27:14

At 9/23/05 05:24 AM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: snake tryed to be like big boss?
i know liquid had a strange obsesion with big boss, and solidus is actualy trying to be like him in every way.

He was in fashion sense. :-P

btw, the eyepatch that snake has over his eye in MGS4 is actualy not an eyepatch...he uses it to controle those "metal gears" seen in the trailer. =/

Solid Eye System is used to control the Metal Gears? Which ones, Otacon's(I forget the name)? Or those ssemi-organic ones found with the army in the trailer?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-23 11:23:15

At 9/22/05 04:14 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Ya know, Raiden in a bandana would look pretty cool, actually.

I think it might look cool, but I most likely would think he looks really strange with the bandana. On MGS2 when I had 60 dog tags, I was hoping to get Bandana for Raiden, but got a stupid brown wig instead. Still got infinite ammo, but I fucking wish you could get a Bandana for Raiden still.

At 9/23/05 05:24 AM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: btw, the eyepatch that snake has over his eye in MGS4 is actualy not an eyepatch...he uses it to controle those "metal gears" seen in the trailer. =/

Hmm, I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me about that eye thing anyway.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-23 14:00:20

At 9/23/05 07:27 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
He was in fashion sense. :-P

and who does not want to be like big boss anyway?

Solid Eye System is used to control the Metal Gears? Which ones, Otacon's(I forget the name)? Or those ssemi-organic ones found with the army in the trailer?

the one otacon has, but he can interact with outher stuff also...somehow.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-23 16:37:33

MGS4 in a nutshell:

Time: X years after Big Shell

Story: The world is at war. Everything you have tried to prevent has come true, practically every country in the world has created some form of a the dreaded Metal Gear. Solid Snake has been cast in the middle of an urban war zone, with conflicting sides waging war as he infiltrates his target.

Theme: Nowhere to hide. What exactly does it mean? Well, many believe it is referring to destructible and changing environments. This is a war. Who's to say that the wall you are hiding behind wont be blown to bits by an RPG? Or that an enemy wont get in the vehicle your hiding behind and drive away? This new elimate will have you thinking outside the box (Pun intended).

Characters: Solid Snake, Otacon, Vamp, Revolver Ocelot (which vicariously means Liquid Snake), Naomi Hunter(?), Meryll, Raiden (He is seen holding a baby. It is most likely either Olgas or his own), and an old naked character (Either Solidus or Big Boss), and definately a slew of new bosses.

Now. I do not know what parts of this is true, and what parts were mearly speculation. Thats for you to decide.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-23 17:14:44

At 9/23/05 04:37 PM, AshfordPride wrote:
Time: X years after Big Shell

looking at the child, 3 years, tops.(specutlating if it realy IS olga's/his child)

Story: The world is at war. Everything you have tried to prevent has come true, practically every country in the world has created some form of a the dreaded Metal Gear. Solid Snake has been cast in the middle of an urban war zone, with conflicting sides waging war as he infiltrates his target.

it can be that snake is trying to stop both countrys fighting eachother, but how, don't ask me.

Theme: Nowhere to hide. What exactly does it mean? Well, many believe it is referring to destructible and changing environments. This is a war. Who's to say that the wall you are hiding behind wont be blown to bits by an RPG? Or that an enemy wont get in the vehicle your hiding behind and drive away? This new elimate will have you thinking outside the box (Pun intended).

i think snake can still hide, but like you said, not for long on the same plase.
that might be why snake gets the power over his own metal gear.(no nukes, that would be silly)

Characters: Solid Snake, Otacon, Vamp, Revolver Ocelot (which vicariously means Liquid Snake), Naomi Hunter(?), Meryll, Raiden (He is seen holding a baby. It is most likely either Olgas or his own), and an old naked character (Either Solidus or Big Boss), and definately a slew of new bosses.

if naomi hunter is in it, then the fox die virus can't be far off.
in the trailer we can see snake injecting himself...something to slow fox-die doun?
i'm sure it's not the actual cure, that would be to big of a spoiler, and just makes brining the virus back into the series silly.
also, the naked character am i not sure off...was the eyepatch on the left or the right eye? depending on that, you can see who it is.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-23 18:17:26

At 9/23/05 05:14 PM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: also, the naked character am i not sure off...was the eyepatch on the left or the right eye? depending on that, you can see who it is.

Its on the right side of his face. I forget who had it on that side though...

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-23 18:50:11

At 9/23/05 05:14 PM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: if naomi hunter is in it, then the fox die virus can't be far off.
in the trailer we can see snake injecting himself...something to slow fox-die doun?

He might just be old and have a cold or something :P

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-23 21:43:50

At 9/23/05 06:17 PM, AshfordPride wrote:
At 9/23/05 05:14 PM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: also, the naked character am i not sure off...was the eyepatch on the left or the right eye? depending on that, you can see who it is.

I did some research. The old naked character is Big Boss.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-24 04:47:42

At 9/23/05 04:37 PM, AshfordPride wrote: Characters: Naomi Hunter(?)

I think she will be in this game. I just have a funny feeling she's going to be in MGS4.

Now. I do not know what parts of this is true, and what parts were mearly speculation. Thats for you to decide.

I'm sure all or most of the characters you mentioned will be on MGS4. I think the characters list was good.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-24 11:56:49

At 9/23/05 06:17 PM, AshfordPride wrote:

if it is his right eye, it's big-boss.
now...will he be actualy be a (big XD) boss in the game? or is it a 100% clone of him, that looks, thinks and acts like him?

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-24 17:49:37

I dont know if you guys have seen this, but if you havent, you must! It is a very funny teaser for MGS4. Although none of this fotage is actually from MGS4, it is still a must-see for any MGS fan. Check it out here.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-24 19:23:13

That teaser makes me angry. It makes no sense.

I say boo to that.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-24 19:30:48

:( I wish I had broadband so I could watch the trailer without having to wait 7 hours.
Fucking dial up.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-24 20:13:31

At 9/24/05 05:49 PM, AshfordPride wrote: I dont know if you guys have seen this, but if you havent, you must! It is a very funny teaser for MGS4. Although none of this fotage is actually from MGS4, it is still a must-see for any MGS fan. Check it out here.

Old but great. I love the Sam Fisher rip. That had to retaliate after the gag in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. If you interrogate someone on the last stage, they'll say "It's not like you can knock me out, shake my body and ammo will fall on the ground." Heh heh, I laughed a lot when I saw that.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-24 20:19:59

At 9/24/05 08:17 PM, Captain_Ocelot wrote: Can I join? Notice my alias is Captain_Ocelot. I also played all the MGS games there are! So let me join...??

Sure, welcome, my man.

Point of Interest: Ocelot is my favorite MGS character. The great manipulator!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-24 20:41:39

At 9/24/05 08:24 PM, Captain_Ocelot wrote: It's nice to hear that. Anyway, what do we do in the club? Just talk about recent solid snake games by hideo kojima?

Pretty much. The main subject currently is MGS4 and Subsistence.

At 9/24/05 08:27 PM, Captain_Ocelot wrote: By the way, Ocelot has amazing skills with that revolver, but you know its not supposed to be used in a real fight.

Well, it was when it was made, but with the better guns out in that time frame, it was then meant for colloctables only.

In Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Snake criticises Ocelot's gun. And for that, Eva is taken as a hostage. I thought it was real funny when she ran over his head with a motorcycle. There were tire marks lol.

Sure does. I love the MGS3 cutscenes.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-25 06:18:16

At 9/24/05 05:49 PM, AshfordPride wrote: I dont know if you guys have seen this, but if you havent, you must! It is a very funny teaser for MGS4. Although none of this fotage is actually from MGS4, it is still a must-see for any MGS fan. Check it out here.

I've seen it already. http://www.gametrailers.com should have a better video quality.

At 9/24/05 08:17 PM, Captain_Ocelot wrote: Can I join? Notice my alias is Captain_Ocelot. I also played all the MGS games there are! So let me join...??

Sure, welcome.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-25 10:06:08

At 9/24/05 08:27 PM, Captain_Ocelot wrote: By the way, Ocelot has amazing skills with that revolver, but you know its not supposed to be used in a real fight. In Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Snake criticises Ocelot's gun. And for that, Eva is taken as a hostage. I thought it was real funny when she ran over his head with a motorcycle. There were tire marks lol.

actualy, the revolver that ocelot uses can still be used in combat, but the problem is the relode time, but he switched his choise of weapons becuse of the way he holds the gun.(funny that big boss pointed that out to him.)
and besides, big boss was pointing out to ocelot that a gun with engravings realy are no difrent from the original weapon, and that ocelot was to much of a "show off" by getting a gun into combat with engravings on it.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-25 11:22:16

i have a ocelot toy
i took pics of it
but the resulotion is too high
so i cant post it here
i wish i could
help?

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-25 11:28:42

i have beaten it like 5 times on each difficulty but im still hooked on it

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-25 11:41:08

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-25 13:21:54

I would like to join. I like MGS and it's crazy twists near the end.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-26 03:51:46

Ive got a revolver and I would use it if I ever had to. That fucker would hit like a brick. Its an old Colt 45. I love it.

At 9/25/05 11:22 AM, sotar wrote: help?

Just go to MS Paint and stretch/skew it down.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-26 07:27:48

At 9/25/05 11:41 AM, AshfordPride wrote: The REAL MGS4.

I've seen that one before. It's good.

A Snake in the Grass...

That wasn't bad.

A nice PSA about leeches.

LOL, that was funny. XD

Man, Rose was annoying...

That one was my favourite. It gave me a good laugh since it was a nice making fun of MGS2. XD

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-26 08:51:22

At 9/25/05 11:22 AM, sotar wrote: i have a ocelot toy
i took pics of it
but the resulotion is too high
so i cant post it here
i wish i could
help?

MS Paint or GIMP, which can be found online, man.

At 9/25/05 11:28 AM, rubber_band_man wrote: i have beaten it like 5 times on each difficulty but im still hooked on it

Which one? And do you want to join?

At 9/25/05 01:21 PM, outkast-of-society wrote: I would like to join. I like MGS and it's crazy twists near the end.

That's the best part, isn't it? Welcome.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-26 18:19:42

well i didnt use ur help thx any way
i did print screen and paste on ms paint well here the pic

metal gear solid club

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-26 19:22:38

Whew long weekend, but I finally finished Metal Gear Acid!

I must say, I was quite impressed. Going into it, I was a little weary on the whole card situation, but I found it was quite fun after I got the hang of it. The storyline throughout was very good, wanted me to keep on playing. Heres my rating on the game. (Out of 10)

Graphics: 8

For the psp, the graphics were good. I have a few other games on the psp with much better graphics, but this was a fairly long game (17 hrs for me to beat), so I can give a little leeway there. The big overall area looked like MGS1 graphics, but the close up video stuff looked much more detailed.

Story: 8

As usual, this MGS story was very good and deep. Always new situations were occuring, kept me thinking as I progressed. The Hans Davis situation had me guessing till the end. My only complaint is how everything just was all found out at the very end. Too much info at one time for my taste. And what was up with those puppets??

Sound: 5

The worst part of Acid. All codec conversations were done by writing. No voice whatsoever. And Im a man who hates reading. Sound effects were good though.

Gameplay: 9

I didnt think I would like how this whole card thing would work out, but it ended up to be very fun. Its always good to see something a little different in these games (which there usually is every time). The choice of cards way great, but some I though you could do without. Some of the radar enhancements were stupid, and you never had a time to use those cardboard box cards.

How did some of you like this game?

o_O

BBS Signature