00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DunciFlipz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

142,455 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-17 20:49:54

http://www.gamespot...17/news_6133766.html

I think I'm gonna cry. :'-(

Hopefully it's another decsion he'll reverse, just like he did when he decided to work on Guns Of The Patriots.

Another little fact: According to an interview with Kojima a while back Snake Eater was supposed to be the last Metal Gear Solid, in which the fourth one would be by another name(Metal Gear ___, in other words) and not involve Snake. Another of his reversed decsions, apparently.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-17 20:57:09

I'm finally gonna join this crew. I recently went back and played all the MGS's in order, and I fell in love all over again. Then I saw the screenshots of MGS4, and I drooled all over my laptop!

My first thought...

As far as I remember, Raiden's name was Jack right? And Big Boss's name was Jack.... wonder what thats about.

Thought #2
Is solid Snake or Big boss gonna star in MGS4?

o_O

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-17 23:37:19

At 9/17/05 08:57 PM, Prellz wrote: I'm finally gonna join this crew. I recently went back and played all the MGS's in order, and I fell in love all over again. Then I saw the screenshots of MGS4, and I drooled all over my laptop!

Welcome.

My first thought...

As far as I remember, Raiden's name was Jack right? And Big Boss's name was Jack.... wonder what thats about.

I personally think that was just to screw with peoples heads. After all, we don't know Naked Snake's real name, though Jack is most reasonable since The Boss calls him that.

Thought #2
Is solid Snake or Big boss gonna star in MGS4?

I can say this: The Snake shown in the trailer is officially Solid, as per Otacon's discussion with him. Plus, why would Otacon call two people by the name of Snake?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-18 05:44:07

At 9/17/05 05:58 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: By the way, folks. Please mark spoilers. Not every user here has played every Metal Gear, so being safe is always nice. Don't wanna ruin it for anyone.

what can i say?
...ehhh,"woeps"?

*Snake pull plug on computer*

You've Defeated The Patriots!

otacon:"u r teh h4x0rz!!111one1!shift!1"

snake"...the hell?"

Actually, he'd be in his 60's then, since the SE was during 1964 and SOL took place in 2009. Oh, and he was in his 10s then. Probably around 18 or 19, I think, or so I heard.

interesitng to know that if you look at the trailer of MGS4, it looks like snake is 20 years older now...so that will make ocelot in his 80's?
if he IS that old, then how will the liquid part turn out? ocelot will be to old to actuly fart all by himself.

Well, no one knows when. X years after SOL, remember. I think that's the most reasonable one.

now that i have seen te trailer of MGS4...forget this one, the child will be to old.(but then again, snake STARTED to become gray in MGS2)

just to note; snake has an eyepatch and a mustache in MGS4...and now he looks ALMOST like big boss in hi older days.(the eyepatch is on the wrong eye, like with solidus snake)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-18 05:54:38

At 9/17/05 08:49 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: http://www.gamespot...17/news_6133766.html

Shit, I hope that isn't true. I just hope their other games they're planning to make will still be good.

Another little fact: According to an interview with Kojima a while back Snake Eater was supposed to be the last Metal Gear Solid, in which the fourth one would be by another name(Metal Gear ___, in other words) and not involve Snake. Another of his reversed decsions, apparently.

I guess so, but the MGS series COULDN'T stop at MGS3 at all.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-18 21:47:34

Every member go to www.GameSpot.com for three new articles pretaining to Metal Gear.

One pretains to the info on Subsistence and all its features.

The next on Metal Gear Raiden: Snake Eraser. See for yourself.

And the last all about MGS4 and it's features, including weapon modifications.

Check them out or be smote!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-19 12:29:05

O.K. my first post...

one little question - your mention of "Metal Gear Ac!d" ?

I'm not sure at all: it's a little bit more strategic than Mgs, but -of cource- there is lesser action in it....

(...and that figure in it is not really Solid Snake, just look at his face...)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-19 16:47:29

At 9/19/05 12:29 PM, Thundereagle wrote: O.K. my first post...

Welcome to the BBS. Don't forget to read the rules just in case.

Planing on joining, I take it?

one little question - your mention of "Metal Gear Ac!d" ?

What about MGA?

I'm not sure at all: it's a little bit more strategic than Mgs, but -of cource- there is lesser action in it....

I'm not sure what you are referring. Try quoting posts from now on.

(...and that figure in it is not really Solid Snake, just look at his face...)

According to a review I read of MGA, it said something about the character not being Snake, though I don't know how relieable it is.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-19 18:03:19

I LOVED MGS:2.

Im so glad they are making a sequal to it.

MGS2>all other games. Im serious. That game didnt nearly get the love it deserved.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-19 18:05:26

At 9/19/05 06:03 PM, FAB0L0US wrote: I LOVED MGS:2.

MGS2>all other games. Im serious. That game didnt nearly get the love it deserved.

Yeah, many just hated Raiden(Or more accuratly, the lack of playing as Snake) and dismissed the game, thus screwing themselves out of a great game experience.

Joining up, I take it?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-20 08:12:31

At 9/19/05 06:05 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
Yeah, many just hated Raiden(Or more accuratly, the lack of playing as Snake) and dismissed the game, thus screwing themselves out of a great game experience.

you know what's funny? all who complained about not playing as snake in MGS2 are now enjoying MGS3 with BIG BOSS as the main character.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-20 10:52:29

At 9/19/05 06:03 PM, FAB0L0US wrote: I LOVED MGS:2.

Me too, I loved that game as well other than the lack of playing Snake and quite a bad ending.

Me too, I will hopefully find out what the fuck happens to certain people.

Sorry, I will have to disagree. I think MGS1 > MGS2. And there are other games that I like more than MGS2, but I won't start blabbering on about that.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-20 12:36:52

I have to agree, MGS2 is my favourite in the series.

I can't explain it. But it made me want to play it over and over again. Something MGS3 hasn't done.

MGS1 is legendary, but I prefer 2.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-20 14:44:17

I have foud infos about Mgs 4, the main character is Solid Snake again, but...
He's Sam Fis... err old .

it will be released for the Playstation3.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-20 14:46:51

On the subject of favorite Metal Gears, of what ones I've played, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is definatly my favorite so far, though I have a feeling Subsistence will change that, though they are reletivily the same.

Metal Gears I've yet to play:
- Metal Gear(NES/MSX)
- Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(NES/MSX)
- Metal Gear Ac!d(PSP)
- Metal Gear Ac!d 2(PSP)
- Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel(GBC)
- Document Of Metal Gear Solid 2(PS2)
- Metal Gear: Snake's Revenge(NES/MSX)

I wanna at least try all of them...except maybe Snake's Revenge, since Kojima had nothing to do with it.

At 9/20/05 08:12 AM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: you know what's funny? all who complained about not playing as snake in MGS2 are now enjoying MGS3 with BIG BOSS as the main character.

Quite true, though the uninformed player may still think it to be Solid. They're loss, eh? Big Boss rocks! :-)

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-20 14:49:05

At 9/20/05 02:44 PM, Thundereagle wrote: I have foud infos about Mgs 4, the main character is Solid Snake again, but...
He's Sam Fis... err old .

it will be released for the Playstation3.

This was all known and confirmed in here long ago, bud. Make sure you read through the topic first to make sure details you are announcing have not already been so done.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-20 14:56:12

At 9/20/05 02:46 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Metal Gears I've yet to play:
- Metal Gear(NES/MSX)
- Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(NES/MSX)

I need to play those two games. Good thing Subsistence will have them since I was pissed off when I found out they wouldn't be available for Revolution download or NES Classics GBA.

- Metal Gear Ac!d(PSP)
- Metal Gear Ac!d 2(PSP)

I most likely won't bother with those games since I don't have a PSP.

- Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel(GBC)

Isn't that a GBA version of MGS1? If so, then I wouldn't bother.

- Document Of Metal Gear Solid 2(PS2)

I have that, but I havn't seen it yet.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-20 15:01:06

Anyone know a good place I can download a rom of either MGS1 or MGS2? I bought both games but I no longer have a playstation, or the games. All I got with me out here in CU is a computer.

Any help?

At 9/20/05 12:36 PM, -Nev- wrote: I can't explain it. But it made me want to play it over and over again. Something MGS3 hasn't done.

I know what it was with me. I about cried when I killed Solidus Snake and then saw the ending movie. And I intentionally died the first time I fought him at the end. I REALLY didnt want to kill him. The cutscenes were so damn good.

And is it just me or was that last boss battle to easy?

At 9/19/05 06:05 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Joining up, I take it?

Lol, I barely ever declare I am in a club or crew or whatever. I ususally just start posting :P

I guess, yeah.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-20 15:02:43

At 9/20/05 02:56 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: I need to play those two games. Good thing Subsistence will have them since I was pissed off when I found out they wouldn't be available for Revolution download or NES Classics GBA.

God bless Subsistence!

I most likely won't bother with those games since I don't have a PSP.

I don't know if I'll ever get a PSP, but I'd love to at least try it out. The card system has me confused but intrigued.

Isn't that a GBA version of MGS1? If so, then I wouldn't bother.

Nope. Completely different game and story with graphics reminiscent of MG & MG2:SS.

I have that, but I havn't seen it yet.

Another big add-on to it is if you complete what there is on it, and save it on your memory card, you can start a new game on Substance and have EVERYTHING unlocked. All characters, special items, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-20 15:16:05

At 9/20/05 03:01 PM, FAB0L0US wrote: Anyone know a good place I can download a rom of either MGS1 or MGS2? I bought both games but I no longer have a playstation, or the games. All I got with me out here in CU is a computer.

Any help?

O.k., but only for testing understood ?

http://www.romreactor.net

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-20 16:22:00

Im gettin a PSP soon so i when i do ill buy acid 1 & 2 and tellu guys about it.
I think they should of kept Metal Gear the same though. Not adding all this card game crap.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-21 04:23:36

At 9/20/05 04:22 PM, MetalGearSuperFan wrote: Im gettin a PSP soon so i when i do ill buy acid 1 & 2 and tellu guys about it.
I think they should of kept Metal Gear the same though. Not adding all this card game crap.

it's not actualy in the plot of metal gear, so wen can actualy ignore it.
and besides, i'm thankfull that hideo kojima is at least trying to do something new to the series, and not do what gamers want.
it's funny to see fanboys getting pissed off about stuff like that. ;)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-21 10:57:34

At 9/20/05 03:02 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: I don't know if I'll ever get a PSP, but I'd love to at least try it out. The card system has me confused but intrigued.

A card video game does sound quite pointless, but if I ever have a PSP and get bored, I'll just get MGA.

Nope. Completely different game and story with graphics reminiscent of MG & MG2:SS.

Oh, I thought it was just a GBC version of MGS1. Oh well, that is another game I could try and get. I think I saw that game in the shops ages ago, but I thought the game was the same as MGS1. :S

Another big add-on to it is if you complete what there is on it, and save it on your memory card, you can start a new game on Substance and have EVERYTHING unlocked. All characters, special items, etc.

You mean those VR missions? Ah, I already completed one of them. I guess I could try and complete them whenever's the next time I play on MGS2. Damn, I have a funny feeling I'll play on MGS2 again soon. :S

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-21 15:48:06

At 9/20/05 04:22 PM, MetalGearSuperFan wrote: Im gettin a PSP soon so i when i do ill buy acid 1 & 2 and tellu guys about it.

Ya never know how it turns out, man. Might be a great idea, though I doubt it'll be the current style.

At 9/21/05 04:23 AM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: it's not actualy in the plot of metal gear, so wen can actualy ignore it.

Yeah, but nothing like knowing everything to know about Metal Gear

At 9/21/05 10:57 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: A card video game does sound quite pointless, but if I ever have a PSP and get bored, I'll just get MGA.

They can be good. Try Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories. That uses a card system that works.

Oh, I thought it was just a GBC version of MGS1. Oh well, that is another game I could try and get. I think I saw that game in the shops ages ago, but I thought the game was the same as MGS1. :S

Sounds good to me. Good luck on your search.

You mean those VR missions? Ah, I already completed one of them. I guess I could try and complete them whenever's the next time I play on MGS2. Damn, I have a funny feeling I'll play on MGS2 again soon. :S

I need scissors! 61!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-22 05:54:01

just to note that metal gear ac!d has nothing to do with the plot of the MGS series...

-it hapens in 2015(17?), snake looks old, but not like in MGS4(MGS4 hapens BEFORE MGA)
-shadow moses never hapened in the plot.(he does not know that he is the*SPOILZORZ* son of big boss, so i say liquid got hit by a buss, and died.)
-solid snake JUST got draged out of retirement, and in the actual MGS plot, snake got out of it in 2005.(or something like that)
-hideo kojima LOVES to make spin-offs of MGS.(all the GBC and GBA games, metal gear ac!d, he even make a storry were solidus snake was maried with mei-ling. 0_o)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-22 11:41:19

At 9/22/05 05:54 AM, -Majin-Wilder wrote:
-hideo kojima LOVES to make spin-offs of MGS.(all the GBC and GBA games, metal gear ac!d, he even make a storry were solidus snake was maried with mei-ling. 0_o)

about Spin off's: Mr. Kojima even used that sneaking part (like knocking at a Wall) in "Boktai" 1&2. XD

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-22 11:45:21

At 9/21/05 03:48 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: They can be good. Try Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories. That uses a card system that works.

I'm not a fan of the Kingdom Hearts games.

Sounds good to me. Good luck on your search.

Thanks! I'll probably find the game in a cabinet in a game shop. Most likely just the cartridge, but it's better than nothing.

I need scissors! 61!

The Colonel part is great, but that will not encourage me to play on it again.

At 9/22/05 05:54 AM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: -shadow moses never hapened in the plot.(he does not know that he is the*SPOILZORZ* son of big boss, so i say liquid got hit by a buss, and died.)

Liquid getting hit by a bus and died? Doesn't that sound a little too random for a character's death?

Solidus marrying Mei-Ling? WTF? That sounds very strange. :S

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-22 14:28:01

I hope Raiden cuts his fruity hair. Or at least wears a bandanna.

I dont need some friggin GQ model being the person who kills people in the next games.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-22 16:13:31

At 9/22/05 02:28 PM, FAB0L0US wrote: I hope Raiden cuts his fruity hair. Or at least wears a bandanna.

I dont need some friggin GQ model being the person who kills people in the next games.

From the looks of it in the early concept art, he didnt. His hair is just as fruity as ever.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-22 16:14:50

At 9/22/05 02:28 PM, FAB0L0US wrote: I hope Raiden cuts his fruity hair. Or at least wears a bandanna.

Ya know, Raiden in a bandana would look pretty cool, actually.

BBS Signature