00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

946,219 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-09-30 00:09:26

it's kind of old, and I'm sure you've all seen it, but there is now one reason why I want a PSP.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-09-30 08:07:02

At 9/29/09 08:37 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Final Fantasy IV hard? What fucking version of that game are you playing? Because I beat that game no problem, on the active time battle system no less, and the version I played was the GBA port. Which is considerably harder than the SNES version.

The DS version of the game is a lot harder than the GBA port in my opinion. I mean I got up to the CPU in 3 days on the port but it took me a month on the DS version.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-09-30 11:29:58

At 9/29/09 03:23 PM, KingExodus wrote: I remember I was level 80 and then after that I had the opportunity to fight the Iron Giant but I never actually beat him (the secret boss via WiFi).

Oh, I never bothered with the WiFi features. I didn't assume there was much to it but now that you've mentioning Iron Giant, I might have to give it a closer look next time I play FFIII, which may not be until years time, lol.

At 9/29/09 08:37 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Final Fantasy IV hard? What fucking version of that game are you playing?

DS remake like KingExodus said. I did find the PS1 port to be hard at some points but it was manageable most of the time. The difficulty of the remake is much higher than I recalled the other version to be.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-01 08:22:07

I've yet to play through any version of FFIV :(

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-01 08:47:56

At 10/1/09 08:22 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I've yet to play through any version of FFIV :(

Two threads where I can say this:

Same.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-01 09:58:23

At 10/1/09 08:47 AM, Nev wrote:
At 10/1/09 08:22 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I've yet to play through any version of FFIV :(
Two threads where I can say this:

Same.

Well you two are missing out on one of the best Final Fantasy games that were ever made!
Anyways even though it's hard it's story line is brilliant.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-01 16:04:24

At 10/1/09 09:58 AM, KingExodus wrote: Anyways even though it's hard it's story line is brilliant.

Personally I felt that the pacing was too horrible in FFIV for the story to be any good.

Everything's rushed through, and there's no chance to get attached to anything in the game.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-01 16:18:16

First off, I'm playing through X (again) and I'm in the Macalania Woods trying to catch these goddamn butterflies, any tips? Sure, it's not extremely hard, just sort of annoying. Those Chimera's really burn through my MP. Particularly Auron's and LuLu's.

On another note, if I may brag... I will be the proud owner of the original Final Fantasy VII within 24hrs!

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-01 18:39:10

At 10/1/09 04:18 PM, Patton3 wrote: First off, I'm playing through X (again) and I'm in the Macalania Woods trying to catch these goddamn butterflies, any tips? Sure, it's not extremely hard, just sort of annoying. Those Chimera's really burn through my MP. Particularly Auron's and LuLu's.

I remember it being next to impossible to do that. Gamefaqs probably has a guide or even Youtube might have a video guide with some tips on it.

On another note, if I may brag... I will be the proud owner of the original Final Fantasy VII within 24hrs!

What do you mean? Like it was the first game off the assembly line or it simply comes in the original black case?

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-01 18:44:53

At 10/1/09 04:18 PM, Patton3 wrote: First off, I'm playing through X (again) and I'm in the Macalania Woods trying to catch these goddamn butterflies, any tips?

Practice. It makes perfect.
I didn't find it all that hard to be honest.

I found getting Auron's celestial weapon to be far more tedious.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-01 19:07:53

At 10/1/09 09:58 AM, KingExodus wrote: Well you two are missing out on one of the best Final Fantasy games that were ever made!
Anyways even though it's hard it's story line is brilliant.

I have played the first half an hour or so, and in that small time, it didn't really hook me as much as other FF's have done straight away. Still, being a huge fan of the series, i will play it one day.

At 10/1/09 04:18 PM, Patton3 wrote: On another note, if I may brag... I will be the proud owner of the original Final Fantasy VII within 24hrs!

Then i guess i can brag about being a proud owner of FFVII since 1998?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-01 19:41:02

Yes it is in the original black case, but I said original because it's not any of the remakes of it for PSP or whatever. Original version for PS1. And the reason I was bragging was due to the fact that it proves difficult to find... but perhaps that is only common here... After all, it's easy to see why some people wouldn't want to part with it.

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-01 20:09:48

At 10/1/09 07:41 PM, Patton3 wrote: Yes it is in the original black case, but I said original because it's not any of the remakes of it for PSP or whatever. Original version for PS1. And the reason I was bragging was due to the fact that it proves difficult to find... but perhaps that is only common here... After all, it's easy to see why some people wouldn't want to part with it.

To my knowledge there never was a remake for the PSP. The only way to play it on the PSP was to put a playstation emulator and a copied version of the game onto a memory card - in other words, pirate version.
There has been a downloadable FF7 on PSN for the PS3.

The only original game release were for the playstation and PC. I think the PC version is probably rarer though.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-02 07:02:26

At 10/1/09 11:20 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: FFVII was ported to both the PSP and Playstation Live Store. Both are the same as the PS1 version.

Then i stand corrected.

And yes, the PC version is rare as hell and comes with an extremely high price if you can find it. It's better than PS1 version though.

I wouldn't say it's better than the PS1 version though, i've played through both versions and they are the same.

Question: Is there a timeline that can be made from Final Fantasy? There are many theories for Zelda, but never any for FF.

I'm sure i remember seeing an image of the FF7 timeline but i can't find it. I did find this text timeline though.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-02 07:18:22

At 10/1/09 11:20 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Question: Is there a timeline that can be made from Final Fantasy? There are many theories for Zelda, but never any for FF.

You can essentially draw a timeline for the Final Fantasies that are set in Ivalice (FFXII and the Tactics games).

I suppose you might be able to with the Crystal Chronicles games as well, but I don't know.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-02 07:30:05

At 10/1/09 04:18 PM, Patton3 wrote: First off, I'm playing through X (again) and I'm in the Macalania Woods trying to catch these goddamn butterflies, any tips?

Man, I never liked the butterfly hunt and I never will. I never put the true effort into beating them and the camera angles aren't exactly great for this kind of thing. I think all you got from this was one of the celestial items for Kimahri's weapon and he's my least used character. All I really care about with celestial weapons are Tidus, Yuna and Wakka, although if I ever want to beat Penance someday, I'll have to customize weapons.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-02 08:37:07

What do you people mean when you mention FFVII having a black case?
Its always been white, hasn't it?
Unless you mean the little bit at the bottom is black, as opposed to the Platinum silver.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-02 16:41:26

At 10/2/09 04:29 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I just want a simple game order.

For the most part Final Fantasy games are set in different universes.

There's nothing linking them.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-02 16:43:03

At 10/2/09 04:41 PM, Aigis wrote: There's nothing linking them.

Yeah, but theres so many Final Fantasy VII thats its easily possible for that particular game.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-02 17:36:38

Gotta go with Bahamut. I've caught seven butterflies four fucking times you bird bitch. Now open up the road to Macalania Temple and I won't fricassee your ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-02 18:49:51

At 10/2/09 05:07 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Well, the 3D games clearly take place in the technology age besides IX, and the 2D games take place in medieval times. Also FFIX started out peacefully, but then all the monsters were released and that could be an easy start for the whole series.

You cannot make a timeline for the whole series in general. Nearlly every game is a totally new story, on a new world/planet/universe/dimension. There is nothing to link to other games except in the case of FF Tactics/Tactics Advance and FFXII/Revenant Wings which are set in the world Ivalice.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-02 20:48:57

At 10/2/09 06:49 PM, Life-Stream wrote: You cannot make a timeline for the whole series in general. Nearlly every game is a totally new story, on a new world/planet/universe/dimension. There is nothing to link to other games except in the case of FF Tactics/Tactics Advance and FFXII/Revenant Wings which are set in the world Ivalice.

There is no set timeline but there a lot of people who make theories about it. They tried in one of the FF Retrospectives on Gametrailers when they were talking about FF Tactics, Advance, and FF 12. If you have a couple of hours to burn or you're bored, they're not bad to check out if you want to get some more details on the history of the series: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/the-fin al-fantasy-retrospective/4831

They also revealed the English version of the TGS trailer I linked to previously. Voice acting in it wasn't terrible, but after hearing the Japanese version, I think I prefer that more: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09 -final-fantasy/57150

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-03 03:25:08

At 10/2/09 11:56 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Holy shit, help me. I'm playing FFVI Advance in Veldt and i'm trying to find a Guard Leader and Cirpius for Gau to get rages from. I've walked everywhere for hours, they don't show up.

First, you have to make sure you've beaten those enemies atleast once then eventually they will show up in the Veldt. Plus, collecting Gau's rages is rather useless... atleast until you encounter Io an enemy that teaches Gau Flare Star one of the most destructive spells you can't learn from Magicite or get a Lore from.

Speaking of Final Fantasy VI Advance I beat the Omega Dragon. Yeah, I did use some really cheap ass tactics... I was surprised because after his first life he's just a pushover. But it took a long time, so yeah, bragging rights.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-04 08:06:37

At 10/3/09 11:47 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I'm a completionist, so I feel like I should get a lot of Gau's rages in the Veldt before I move to Crescent Mountain Cave. Besides, they'll still help. Also, both of those enemies are in my bestiary (On a side note i'm not as big a completionist to complete a bestiary, it adds nothing and is pretty useless) so I KNOW i've met them before.

Dude, I am a completionist too, but collecting Gau's rages is too time consuming. There are over 200 rages to obtain and most of them you won't use. Gau is a really awesome character in battle especially when he learns the Flare Star rage which completely bitchslaps enemies. But dude, it's too much. Collecting Strago's Lores is far easier as he only needs to be in battle when an enemy uses the move. Which is an easier system then every other blue mage. But you don't need every rage, there is no reward for it other then the fact you collected all the rages.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-04 08:31:46

I was never a big fan of Gau's moves. Whenever I play FFVI, I'm always finding myself using Locke, Edgar, Gogo and Shadow most of the time. Sure, Locke may not have a great special ability but I see him as the main character for FFVI so I have him there. I'm aware Terra is meant to be the primary character for FFVI but I felt Locke had a bigger role in the game, more especially the second half. Heck, even when I was raising other characters for the final battle, Gau was one of the characters I'd leave out.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-04 11:11:21

At 10/4/09 08:31 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm aware Terra is meant to be the primary character for FFVI but I felt Locke had a bigger role in the game, more especially the second half.

Whenever possible, i would have Terra in my main team, probably just cos I feel I always have to have the main character in the team, and she really was the protagonist of FFVI.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-04 14:15:42

Playing FFVII at the moment... forgot about those good ol' PS1 graphics.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-04 15:01:01

At 10/4/09 02:15 PM, Patton3 wrote: Playing FFVII at the moment... forgot about those good ol' PS1 graphics.

Last night I started up FFVIII. I agree, the pixels just scream out at you.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-04 15:56:52

At 10/4/09 03:01 PM, 36Holla wrote: Last night I started up FFVIII. I agree, the pixels just scream out at you.

Haha, they were quite pixely when we look at them now compared to modern games, but they were amazing graphics in their times. The FMV's still look pretty smoothand impresive on both games though - even the battles had good graphics.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2009-10-04 16:11:47

At 10/4/09 02:15 PM, Patton3 wrote: Playing FFVII at the moment... forgot about those good ol' PS1 graphics.

Eh, I didn't think the graphics were particularly intrusive when I last played it.

The pre-rendered backgrounds see that it never looks completely outdated.

BBS Signature