00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

960,527 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-09-13 20:28:52

found a picture on the internet related to Final Fantasy. Thought you guys might like it. I presonally have never played FF...

Final Fantasy Club

Come to the dark side.....we've got coooookies!!!!

Why I'm Better than you.This guy's a douche.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-09-13 21:14:49

RAWR..... i only played the 7th and 10th one but I LOVE THE 7th ONE beat 7 times gamesharked it the 8th time>.> BWAHAHAHA im evil anyway the hentai of final fantisy is pretty damn sweet check it out

Final Fantasy Club

Maple Story Stole My Life RAWR >.> ........ im a noob here and forever will be^_^

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-09-14 00:10:57

The last two posts need to be quarentined from the rest of the topic because they're absolutely usless and posted by idiots.

In other newas, playing FFVI Advance, which I am crowning the best Final Fantasy game of all time... now that your sock are blown off, I'm gonna go get Gilgamesh, a FFVI exclusive Esper... but before I do that, I'm gonna set the best song in Final Fantasy history (Clash at the Big Bridge) on loop, because it's his theme song, and Square didn't add it in this game.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-09-14 02:13:35

At 9/1/08 05:33 PM, Kuro wrote: So I hear Final Fantasy Agito XIII is going to be on PSP; not just on cell phones as was previously thought.

This is good news, I'm quite excited since it's the only one of the consoles a XIII game is going to appear on that I have.

And if the screenshots are anything to go by, it looks good.

Great, another reason why I need loads of money. Goddamnit FF I hate you just as much as I love you.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-09-14 05:14:46

At 9/14/08 04:05 AM, Mendou wrote:
Heh, hows that hunt for a PSP coming? I still need one for Tactics and Crisis Core. But they're not my top priorities by any means.

ffffffffffff

Just brought a laptop remember, quite rashly too, I need to save me money up now, bills and shit.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-02 04:10:04

So i´m playing through FFT again, but on the PSP this time. So far so good. I´d say i´m about half way, just killed Wiegraf/Belias. I think the new translation is actually kinda better. At first i thought it was wierd, but i guess that was because i´d already played the original 2 or 3 times.

So far i´ve only found 1 new character. Well, i say found, but you can´t miss him basically. A guy called Luso. He´s ok, but nothing super special about him. I´m looking forward to getting Balthier in this one, and unlocking the 2 new jobs: Dark Knight and Onion Knight. The Dark Knight is supposed to be the best, but takes forever to unlock him. Onion Knight is easy to unlock, but he´s weak, and gets stronger as you master other classes, so when you have 10 or more other classes mastered the onion knight is strong. Or so i read.

Oh, and i´m dieing to play the multiplayer version, but no one else i know has the game >:(

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-02 05:52:20

At 10/2/08 04:10 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I´m looking forward to getting Balthier in this one, and unlocking the 2 new jobs: Dark Knight and Onion Knight. The Dark Knight is supposed to be the best, but takes forever to unlock him.

I found that far before I unlocked the Dark Knight, I was already powerful enough to beat any of the maps with a lot of ease.

You can thank the overpowered Balthier, and Arithmetician for that. And to a lesser extent, Cid.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-16 03:21:33

At 10/2/08 05:52 AM, Kuro wrote: I found that far before I unlocked the Dark Knight, I was already powerful enough to beat any of the maps with a lot of ease.

You can thank the overpowered Balthier, and Arithmetician for that. And to a lesser extent, Cid.

Ofcourse. I completed the original and did the whole deep dungeon and all sidequests without Balthier, Dark Knights or Arithmaticians. I guess they just wanted to add a few cool jobs into the re-make.

I just got Balthier though, and he´s great. His speed is nearly twice everyone elses, and his Barrage attack is great. Makes some fights a bit too easy though.
I tried a random monster fight with just Balthier on his own. 6 monsters vs Balthier and using barrage from a distance they can´t do anything.

Also, this club has come to a halt it looks like. No-one interested in FF anymore or no-one going to talk untill a new FF comes out? ;_;

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-16 03:33:57

At 10/16/08 03:21 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Also, this club has come to a halt it looks like. No-one interested in FF anymore or no-one going to talk untill a new FF comes out? ;_;

Okay, let's talk Final Fantasy.

Well, I just started playing FFX again the other day.

I'm already 10 hours into it, so that's pretty impressive on the part of a game I've already completed before.

It's probably like... My favourite game ever.

It may be a little too linear, but its story, characters, battle system, art etc. are so good.

I love the way that boss battles are made quite cinematic through the use of the action commands, or whatever they're called.

The voice acting's not quite as good as the likes of FFXII, but's still pretty good. Auron especially.

Though the designs of some of the characters are kinda distractingly bizarre. Lulu must be wearing like all the belts in Spira, and Tidus looks like he's stepped on a landmine in a fishing store.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-16 11:59:41

At 10/16/08 03:33 AM, Kuro wrote:
At 10/16/08 03:21 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Also, this club has come to a halt it looks like. No-one interested in FF anymore or no-one going to talk untill a new FF comes out? ;_;
Okay, let's talk Final Fantasy.

OK, recently I finally got myself to complete FFV. My characters were too weak for Neo X-Death, but I raised my characters to level 48 and kicked his ass. :D Out of all the FF games in the main series, the only one I haven't completed now is II (XI doesn't count), but I really dislike that game.

Oh, and soon, I hope to post my least liked to most loved FF games (main series only) sometime soon.

The voice acting's not quite as good as the likes of FFXII, but's still pretty good. Auron especially.

But it still has John DiMaggio, so I'm satisfied.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-16 12:44:51

At 10/16/08 03:33 AM, Kuro wrote: It's probably like... My favourite game ever.

I think its the FF with the best replay factor. Each time I play it I like it more.

The voice acting of XII makes me angry, all the voices are so annoying.
I have no problems with X's voice acting... except the laughing, thats really bad.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-16 14:17:36

At 10/16/08 12:44 PM, Nev wrote: The voice acting of XII makes me angry, all the voices are so annoying.

What's wrong with the voices of XII?

I didn't find any dud voices in the game.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-16 14:23:46

At 10/16/08 02:17 PM, Kuro wrote: I didn't find any dud voices in the game.

They're all so poncey and posh.
Ashe and Basch are the only good ones.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-16 18:14:06

At 10/16/08 05:59 PM, Mendou wrote: Battle system is also great, it takes time to get used to, but it's actually very good. I liked it that once Tidus learned his own skills I can select him to learn some white magic spells etc.

Ah yes, I do like that as well, although the very first time I played FFX, I wanted Tidus to learn black magic, so I made him go all over the Sphere Grid. For the Standard Sphere Grid, it wasn't a wise move at all since it lead him to having bad stats for half of the game.

Also I have a bit of a question regarding FF10, have any of you ever heard of some boss or encounter called Penance? Here's a video, i'd like to know if this is a real boss battle or not. If he is, then how do you get to fight it?

You get to fight him when you beat all the Dark Aeons, but they're only available for PAL and International versions.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-16 20:21:25

At 10/16/08 02:23 PM, Nev wrote: They're all so poncey and posh.
Ashe and Basch are the only good ones.

The uh... The most posh ones?

At 10/16/08 05:59 PM, Mendou wrote: Also I have a bit of a question regarding FF10, have any of you ever heard of some boss or encounter called Penance? Here's a video, i'd like to know if this is a real boss battle or not. If he is, then how do you get to fight it?

Penance is a boss that was put into the International, and PAL version of FFX.

I don't believe it's a part of the North American release.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-16 20:36:22

At 10/16/08 07:18 PM, Mendou wrote: Ah, well then I wouldn't know then, oh well, it looks incredibly hard.

If you follow the right strategy he's a piece of piss. However the strategies online aren't perfect. I'm proud to say that I made them better, which makes me feel worthy of having actually beaten Penance :).

AH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH

Exactly.

At 10/16/08 08:21 PM, Kuro wrote: The uh... The most posh ones?

Not really. It's not posh in a bad way anyway. Balthier is fucking annoying. And that Veira bitch... arrggh!

The rest all sound like fags.

FFX however has great voice casting, all the characters sound right in their bodies, if you will.
I don't care how well it links up with the animation. Thats not important to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-16 22:42:56

At 10/16/08 08:36 PM, Nev wrote: The rest all sound like fags.

Credibility=0.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-17 03:50:57

At 10/16/08 08:36 PM, Nev wrote: If you follow the right strategy he's a piece of piss. However the strategies online aren't perfect. I'm proud to say that I made them better, which makes me feel worthy of having actually beaten Penance :).

Hats off to you sir. I didn´t even kill the dark aeons - they were hard enough. I think i only killed the first bird aeon (forgot name now) and Ifrit in their dark aeon form, the rest were too hard for my characters at the time, and they had HP and damage break 9999 limit, but only had about 20,000HP and attacked little over 10,000 (except limits ofcourse)

I haven´t played FFX in a long time - maybe i should do another run through aswell. The thing is, when i play an FF, i like to do alot of side quests and stuff and it ends up taking my save files to 90+ hours, and i don´t have enough time now-a-days to do that :(

Anyway, it is a great fawking game. I feel like playing it every time i remember some of the soundtrack, like the temple hymn - same melody in every temple, but a different voice each time too.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-17 03:55:58

At 10/17/08 03:50 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I didn´t even kill the dark aeons - they were hard enough.

I never bother killing super hard bosses in games.

It's like "...Yay, I killed the hardest boss in the game. Now to go kill the final boss..."

You don't GET anything from it. And if you do get anything from it, it's kinda useless because you're strong enough to kill THE HARDEST BOSS IN THE GAME.

I do those sidequests that give you things because then once I complete them I can feel happy that I got something. Patting myself on the back just isn't what I need in a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-17 03:59:11

At 10/17/08 03:55 AM, Kuro wrote: I never bother killing super hard bosses in games.

I think they´re more for the people who find the end bosses too easy and look for a real challenge. I think it´s a good idea really, because there´s more playability in the game and you get more for your $$$. If you don´t want to fight them - no problem, but there are alot of people that really like a certain game and like to squeeze all the juice out of it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-17 04:05:33

At 10/17/08 03:59 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I think they´re more for the people who find the end bosses too easy and look for a real challenge.

I did not find the final boss of FFX to be easy.

SPOILER

This being the Final Aeon, and not whatever 'bosses' came after it.

Took me a decent few tries to beat it.

Of course it's easy when you go and do things like get the ultimate weapons of everyone, and the like, but you can't really blame them for that.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-17 06:21:45

At 10/16/08 10:42 PM, Kuro wrote: Credibility=0.

Not at all. Saying they sound like fags is just a simple way of saying they're whiny, annoying and pathetic.
Sure, its a cliché of homosexuals but I'm not prejudice. But it's clearly the image invoked.
So don't cry about it.

At 10/17/08 03:55 AM, Kuro wrote: You don't GET anything from it. And if you do get anything from it, it's kinda useless because you're strong enough to kill THE HARDEST BOSS IN THE GAME.

It's just tokenistic, really.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-17 06:49:46

At 10/17/08 06:21 AM, Nev wrote: Not at all. Saying they sound like fags is just a simple way of saying they're whiny, annoying and pathetic.

Whiny, annoying, and pathetic?

Everyone other than Ashe, Basch, Balthier and Fran?

Come on, what?

I can't think of any voices I would consider 'whiny' in that game.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-17 08:14:18

At 10/16/08 07:18 PM, Mendou wrote: Yeah, gotta be a bit careful too, luckly I never had a problem like that. Except where would I go for Kimahri, but nobody use's him.

lol, certainly. Who on earth would use him anyway when the other characters can do multiple attacks?

At 10/16/08 12:44 PM, Nev wrote: I have no problems with X's voice acting... except the laughing, thats really bad.
AH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH

I don't think they were even trying when they were laughing like that. :P

At 10/17/08 03:50 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Hats off to you sir. I didn´t even kill the dark aeons - they were hard enough. I think i only killed the first bird aeon (forgot name now) and Ifrit in their dark aeon form, the rest were too hard for my characters at the time, and they had HP and damage break 9999 limit, but only had about 20,000HP and attacked little over 10,000 (except limits ofcourse)

I've managed to kill Dark Valefor - Dark Shiva without Zanmato. Dark Bahamut, however, is much more difficult than the previous dark aeons, so next time, I will need to prepare my characters for Dark Bahamut as well as the other dark aeons.

I haven´t played FFX in a long time - maybe i should do another run through aswell. The thing is, when i play an FF, i like to do alot of side quests and stuff and it ends up taking my save files to 90+ hours, and i don´t have enough time now-a-days to do that :(

I still have my FFX save from two years ago, so I can load that save up and try and defeat the rest of the dark aeons. I managed to kill Nemesis without Zanmato, so I know I can kill the rest of the tough bosses.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-17 09:02:48

At 10/17/08 06:49 AM, Kuro wrote: I can't think of any voices I would consider 'whiny' in that game.

Penelo, Vaan?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-17 09:07:31

At 10/17/08 08:14 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 10/16/08 07:18 PM, Mendou wrote: Yeah, gotta be a bit careful too, luckly I never had a problem like that. Except where would I go for Kimahri, but nobody use's him.

I think he's the worst character in the series. Of the games I've played anyway. Even characters who seem pointless in other games at least have some benefits.

I still have my FFX save from two years ago, so I can load that save up and try and defeat the rest of the dark aeons. I managed to kill Nemesis without Zanmato, so I know I can kill the rest of the tough bosses.

I can't remember if I fought Nemesis or not.
And I didn't use Zanmato either. I think I made good use of Rikku's Trio of 9999 and Haste/Defender Up/Attack Up/ and 0 AP mixes and then Attack Reels/Blitz Ace and that move that moves overdrives to another player.

All this talk makes me wish I'd brought my PS2 :(.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-18 03:34:43

I thought Balthier had a pretty cool voice.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-18 09:00:03

I decided to play FFX last night and continue with my save from 2 years ago. I didn't do much, except for filling in empty nodes on the Sphere Grid. Hopefully I can get my three main characters having fully customised armour (i.e. Break HP Limit, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect and Ribbon if I can get 99 Dark Matters for each of my main characters).

At 10/17/08 09:07 AM, Nev wrote:
At 10/17/08 08:14 AM, Bahamut wrote:
I think he's the worst character in the series. Of the games I've played anyway. Even characters who seem pointless in other games at least have some benefits.

Of course. If he had an Overdrive which did multiple attacks, he would have had some use in the game.

And I didn't use Zanmato either. I think I made good use of Rikku's Trio of 9999 and Haste/Defender Up/Attack Up/ and 0 AP mixes and then Attack Reels/Blitz Ace and that move that moves overdrives to another player.

I keep hearing people saying they used Rikku along with Tidus, Wakka and Yuna for these tough battles. I always stuck with three characters and left Rikku in the cold. If she can be of great help for these battles, I should start raising her stats.

At 10/18/08 03:34 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I thought Balthier had a pretty cool voice.

I thought so too.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-18 09:45:13

At 10/17/08 09:02 AM, Nev wrote: Penelo, Vaan?

How are they whiny?

They seemed to take everything pretty okay.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-10-18 11:16:34

At 10/18/08 09:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: I keep hearing people saying they used Rikku along with Tidus, Wakka and Yuna for these tough battles. I always stuck with three characters and left Rikku in the cold. If she can be of great help for these battles, I should start raising her stats.

She's useful because of her mix ability.
Yuna is useful for summoning aeons to block bad attacks.
Wakka does most of the work.

I thought so too.

I thought he was an interesting character, but his voice annoyed me. It's all a bit too 'Jolly good old chap.'

BBS Signature