00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

asanre just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG??

9,993 Views | 220 Replies

I just watched Monkey Island & thought it was stupid, I voted Zero on it. I then get this in my email....

Wade Fulp <wade@newgrounds.com>

Reply-To :
wade@newgrounds.com

To :
valz

Subject :
Warning

Date :
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 15:53:35 -0500

Reply Reply All Forward Delete Put in Folder...InboxSent MessagesDraftsTrash Can Printer Friendly Version

Is there a reason you gave the Monkey Island game a 0? If you continue to vote down quality submissions your account will be terminated.

Regards,

Wade Fulp

Newgrounds.com, Inc.

http://www.newgrounds.com

wade@newgrounds.com

Reply Reply All Forward Delete Put in Folder...InboxSent MessagesDraftsTrash Can Previous Next | Close

MSN - More Useful Everyday
MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Search | Shopping | Money | People & Chat

© 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. TERMS OF USE Advertise TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement GetNetWise

Behind Closed Doors. *Video Clip Here* . Coming Soon!

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:01:39

Thats pretty fucked up, You don't even have that many blams. So its not like your blamming everything on site. Ratings are supposed to be based upon opinions.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:03:11

I see no problem with it at all. The only people who fear this kind of thing are the kind of people who pass out zeroes and blams without thought.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:04:35

I smell spoofed e-mail.

I don't see why Wade would do that.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:06:49

At 1/9/03 04:03 PM, zMDude wrote: I see no problem with it at all. The only people who fear this kind of thing are the kind of people who pass out zeroes and blams without thought.

No, the only people who fear that kind of thing are people who might have an opinion of their own and dislike things with a high score.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:06:49

Fascism is the wave of the future Valz, didnt you know that?

Dont fight the future!

ZEIG HEIL

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:07:05

I sent a reply to Mr Fulp & got this in return.........

Wade Fulp <wade@newgrounds.com>

Reply-To :
wade@newgrounds.com

To :
Valz

Subject :
RE: Warning

Date :
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:04:08 -0500

Reply Reply All Forward Delete Put in Folder...InboxSent MessagesDraftsTrash Can Printer Friendly Version

The author put a lot of work into that submission like his other works. Why would you want to BLAM it? To rack up BLAM points? If that’s how you vote, we don’t need your votes on NG.

Regards,

Wade Fulp

Newgrounds.com, Inc.

http://www.newgrounds.com

wade@newgrounds.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 4:02 PM
To: wade@newgrounds.com
Cc:
Subject: Re: Warning

I didn't find anything good about it. So if NG is now telling people how to vote then I will leave. If you find the way I vote bad then I suggest you go after the blam club or the clock haters who seem to be more of a problem than me.

~Val

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:07:13

At 1/9/03 04:04 PM, Shrapnel wrote: I smell spoofed e-mail.

obviously, wade would never be that stupid...........

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:07:37

christ
those movies havnt even been out that long

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:11:21

I don't give a shit about Blams & I don't give a shit about my user level, I find it ironic that I get this. I have been a memeber of NG for even longer than my sign up date, I didn't find someone ripping sprites good or entertaining.

I agree with you Superabound, start the book burning.

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:11:46

At 1/9/03 04:04 PM, Shrapnel wrote: I smell spoofed e-mail.

Thats what i thought at first too because i mean like, WTF?

But how would anyone else even know that she voted on it?

This whole situation is crazy with a capital K.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:12:18

In any case, that's messed up.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:16:04

At 1/9/03 04:06 PM, MagicalMusicalMonkey wrote:
At 1/9/03 04:03 PM, zMDude wrote: I see no problem with it at all. The only people who fear this kind of thing are the kind of people who pass out zeroes and blams without thought.
No, the only people who fear that kind of thing are people who might have an opinion of their own and dislike things with a high score.

Too bad for them.

It's been seen before. The movies that rightfully deserve high marks cannot escape it. There is always SOME IDIOT who gives the thing a zero. Does this person bother to explain him/herself? Nope. All you see is a 1 or 2 sentence message (if even a sentence) with the most STUPID reasons.

"I hate the band that's playing in this movie, BLAM!!"
"This flash looks alot like another flash I saw....BLAM!"
"I like this movie.......who cares? BLAM!!"

This is a site and community that prides itself more on blamming and destroying movies much more than protecting them. If this community proves itself unable to make the right choices, then the right choices shall be made for them.

All you have to do is explain why you want to 0/blam a movie so bad. If all you can do is give off 1 sentence or a cute little phrase then you are not justified.

P.S. Whether this is fake or not.....it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Blammers should be able to adequately defend their opinion. They're the ones knocking off the movies.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:16:45

Alright, maybe I was a bit hasty warning certain people, but lately we have had a big problem with a group of people voting 0 on items as soon as they came in, so I am trying to figure out who these people are. The people who submit content to Newgrounds are the life blood of NG. We don't want them to leave because some group of idiots are voting 0 on their work to rack up BLAM points. We just want people to be careful and give a fair vote. If you don't care for something, but realize a lot of work went into it, vote 2.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:17:19

If it is a fake Wade account then that person should be deleted for generating that email message. I have yet to see anyone get a message like I have yet, so it make me think that Wade infact sent it. I for one am very critical of movies & thus if they are watching how I vote, I feel as if I am now TOLD how to vote.

So Wade if my votes are as extreme as you say, then delete my account because I refuse to be part of a site that tells you have to do things.

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:18:13

What's the point of offering a zero score button? I'm sure there are plenty of movies that had a lot of work put into them that other people may not like or appreciate.

{{{huggles Valz}}}

I don't think you're the type to try to blam movies for the hell of it.

Quote of the day: @Nysssa "What is the word I want to use here?" @freakapotimus "Taint".

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:19:02

At 1/9/03 04:09 PM, Garry009 wrote: Must be a fake, then. Wade would never do that.

Has to be. Who CAN'T tell that's a fake?!

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:19:44

Um.... So for every shitty stick movie that's all of 9kb and other shitty things, Need I say tricky, we need to give a paragraph as to why we blammed it? No I don't think so, if it doesn't appeal to you, it doesn't appeal to you, there should be no reason to justify your own opinion. We also have the aura's too, light neutral and dark, those who are dark are very skeptic on each submission, however there are some submissions out there that I have given a 5 cause they are just that damn good, but on the subject of justifying blams, it shouldn't happen.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:20:39

getting rid of blam points would solve some of the pointless blamming...

Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG??

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:20:42

What, that's weirded up, was he looking for your IP voting or something? Something weird is going on here, and it doesn't have anything to do with sunspots..

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:20:53

People may disagree on what they consider "hard work"... they shouldn't be banned for that...

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:21:45

At 1/9/03 04:16 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Alright, maybe I was a bit hasty warning certain people, but lately we have had a big problem with a group of people voting 0 on items as soon as they came in,

It's going to be really hard to pinpoint.

Users with low blam points are trying to catch up and users with high blam points might just continue doing what they are doing.

I don't think blam points have made this problem better or worse.. just different.

I have to admit that I vote more extreme now on movies awaiting judgement.

If I laughed and the movie deserves a 2, I give it a 5 to try to save it.

If the movie is on the crappy side and deserves a 1, I give it 0 anyways.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:23:21

At 1/9/03 04:16 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Alright, maybe I was a bit hasty warning certain people, but lately we have had a big problem with a group of people voting 0 on items as soon as they came in, so I am trying to figure out who these people are. The people who submit content to Newgrounds are the life blood of NG. We don't want them to leave because some group of idiots are voting 0 on their work to rack up BLAM points. We just want people to be careful and give a fair vote. If you don't care for something, but realize a lot of work went into it, vote 2.

Too little, too late.

And besides, you cant TELL people how to vote.

If you want people to stop abusing the system then you have to make the system UNABUSABLE. You cant just go around TELLING people what to do.

And why dont you go after the Blam Club and shit before you start fucking with individuals who just happened to not like the movie?

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:24:28

At 1/9/03 04:21 PM, Shrapnel wrote:
I don't think blam points have made this problem better or worse.. just different.

I have to admit that I vote more extreme now on movies awaiting judgement.

If I laughed and the movie deserves a 2, I give it a 5 to try to save it.

If the movie is on the crappy side and deserves a 1, I give it 0 anyways.

I hear ya there...

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:25:03

We are seeing a bigger problem with many users voting 0 to rack up blam points since the new system. So simply put, if users can't use the system fairly, we'll have to remove the vote ranks and blam points and go back to less voting activity. If you don't care for something, but can tell it took some work, vote 2.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:25:41

I'm scared to vote 0 now. Usually I vote 5 on movies that I really really like (eg, in my favorites list) but I started watching more movies to see what was out there. Maybe I should just go back to my old pattern, although that got me a lot of "cheating the system" errors.

Quote of the day: @Nysssa "What is the word I want to use here?" @freakapotimus "Taint".

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:26:56

Oh yeah, if people blamming movies for no reason gets on your nerves so much Wade, why dont you

GET RID OF BLAM POINTS????

OMG what a GENIUS idea!

Almost every problem this site has is caused by you anyway, so quit bitching and just STOP making more problems. Dont get mad at us because YOU have bad ideas.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:27:50

This is just going to scare people into not voting, then the portal is just going to be filled with complete shit. Then people will be asked to blam stuff... I mean figure Tricky (sorry to keep bringing him up) if people didn't blam that, the portal would have nothing but a dick flopping clown... I'm sure that's all we want the portal to be filled with.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:28:04

At 1/9/03 04:25 PM, Freakapotimus wrote: Maybe I should just go back to my old pattern, although that got me a lot of "cheating the system" errors.

What is that kind of error? I've never heard of it...

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-09 16:28:10

I *Valz* to Blame the Blam point system that was put in effect. I don't vote zero on every single movie. So if you are watching my votes Wade then you could see that I truly vote as how I LIKED the movie. If the Blam point system is causing this huge problem, get rid of it.

So if you want NGs to be an utopian society then have to vote choices, one for good & one for bad.

I did not appreciate getting such a nasty email for VOTING on something that I thought was boring & a waste of my time. If this is the future of NG then I see no reason to be here at all.