00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DodZonedOut just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG??

10,052 Views | 220 Replies

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 13:47:30

At 1/10/03 01:21 PM, Valz wrote: Again you are telling not only me but others how to vote. Is there something you aren't seeing that's wrong with this picture????

Many people have different views on movies, Wade may have thought the movie was boring so was worth a 2 due to it being in line with something he likes (monkey island.. adventure games perhaps?) whereas Valz may have thought it a load of, well, bollocks. Pixel graphics can be seen as bad art, no voices I assume so from her viewpoint a piece of crap with no interest, no, none. Zero in other words.

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 13:49:24

At 1/10/03 12:25 PM, TannerCenterwall wrote: Im with ya, but you have to make a change as well as everyone else. With the voting bar and system the way it is, you cant just ask people to not vote 0. If they see something and dont like it, they will feel that it has "wasted their time" and look for the lowest score to give.

STFU U GAY BOY!

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 13:52:12

At 1/10/03 01:21 PM, Valz wrote:
At 1/10/03 12:12 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

All I'm saying is if you find something boring,to me it seems like you are yet again telling me how to vote.
You are wrong & you know it.

yea but he has too, there are alot of user who think its cool to vote 0 on all movies Kill_Your_Friends was one of them but there are alot more these days

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 13:54:56

Hm. The way I see it, prettymuch 95% of what hits the portal these days is just spam... And if it's a waste of time, vote zero right?

-waits for his "STFU n00b"-

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 13:56:02

At 1/10/03 01:54 PM, Miikrosoft wrote: Hm. The way I see it, prettymuch 95% of what hits the portal these days is just spam... And if it's a waste of time, vote zero right?

STFU n00b

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 14:04:20

At 1/10/03 01:56 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:
At 1/10/03 01:54 PM, Miikrosoft wrote: Hm. The way I see it, prettymuch 95% of what hits the portal these days is just spam... And if it's a waste of time, vote zero right?

STFU n00b

Thanks.

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 14:08:48

At 1/10/03 12:20 PM, WadeFulp wrote: You're not to bright are you? If you vote 0 on crappy movies then you're not voting 0 on a good movie are you?

Dude. What is "crappy"? That is the whole debate YOU started two pages ago. That is Valz's main complaint. Just because something made the daily top 5, does that mean it's not crappy? I disagree, plenty of crappy movies have made the list. If it makes you cream your pants are we not supposed to vote 0 on it. The point is that everyone has there own opinion. Sure there are abusers that vote 0 on everything. At the same time there are people that just vote 0 on all crappy movies. Can you figure out who those people are and there differences. The way you are acting says otherwise.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 14:08:53

I don't know what to think.
Might be a fake, might be a real one.
But how could Wade's email be like "stolen" or I don't know what. Yeah you should try tracing IPs and shit.
I don't know...
I don't know...
OMG THIS IS STRANGE !

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 14:11:05

At 1/10/03 02:08 PM, alexsmolik wrote: I don't know what to think.
But how could Wade's email be like "stolen" or I don't know what. Yeah you should try tracing IPs and shit.
I don't know...
I don't know...
OMG THIS IS STRANGE !

.... uhh..... k.

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 14:14:03

At 1/10/03 02:08 PM, alexsmolik wrote: I don't know what to think.
I don't know...
I don't know...
OMG THIS IS STRANGE !

Uh, why are people still trying to figure out if I wrote those emails when I have admitted I did?!

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 14:15:55

im gonna tell you something now.........if this blam problem dont get fixed up....all the good flash makers will leave....then it will be then end of newgrounds.....but if wade said he can fix the problem.....then i trust him

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 14:19:07

At 1/10/03 02:14 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Uh, why are people still trying to figure out if I wrote those emails when I have admitted I did?!

Because they're idiots? The thread is 8 pages long, but he decided to respond to the first post, without thinking "gee, this thread is pretty long, maybe I better read it before I sound like an asshole."

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 14:31:29

At 1/10/03 02:15 PM, strider07501 wrote: im gonna tell you something now.........if this blam problem dont get fixed up....all the good flash makers will leave....then it will be then end of newgrounds.....but if wade said he can fix the problem.....then i trust him

End of NG? I think you're being a bit overdramatic. No matter what, people will still submit stuff here, and it will still most likely be over 90% spam.

After all, could it be that the majority of 0's are thrown out because most movies are total garbage?

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 14:34:31

At 1/10/03 02:31 PM, Miikrosoft wrote:
End of NG? I think you're being a bit overdramatic. No matter what, people will still submit stuff here, and it will still most likely be over 90% spam.

After all, could it be that the majority of 0's are thrown out because most movies are total garbage?

I've been saying that Wade would be the end of NG for years...

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 15:23:20

At 1/10/03 01:21 PM, Valz wrote: You are wrong & you know it.

I don't get how he's wrong.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 15:26:09

he did apologise for it

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 15:29:11

At 1/10/03 03:23 PM, pewp wrote:

In a previous post by Wade he said along the following lines, 'vote as you want as long as it's not below 0'. So basically even if myself or anyone else here thinks a movie is total crap & a waste of space, according to Wade we can only give it a 2.

So how can we VOTE the way we want when we are being told to give it nothing less than a 2?

Behind Closed Doors. *Video Clip Here* . Coming Soon!

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 15:31:10

At 1/10/03 03:29 PM, Valz wrote:
At 1/10/03 03:23 PM, pewp wrote:
In a previous post by Wade he said along the following lines, 'vote as you want as long as it's not below 0'. So basically even if myself or anyone else here thinks a movie is total crap & a waste of space, according to Wade we can only give it a 2.

So how can we VOTE the way we want when we are being told to give it nothing less than a 2?

voting 0 is tne only way nowadays to get a blam point right? If you vote 0, you're doing it simply because you want it to be blammed, adding a blam point. Why don't you ask wade to modify the voting system so that 0,1, and 2 lower the score of the movie.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 15:33:19

At 1/10/03 03:26 PM, cKypHoEnIx wrote: he did apologise for it

Sure he did, then after he apologized he adds...

"But you are still wrong for giving it a 0".

That's like me slapping someone in the face & then saying I'm sorry only to spit in it. This is my feeling on the situation & I was kind of taken back by recieving an email threatning to have my account deleted for voting on something that Wade had a personal liking for. That is what made me mad & then to apologize & still say I'm wrong, to me that only adds insult to the injury.

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 15:35:27

i'm sorry i have nothing to add to this but why do i get the feeling that some people would picture wade like the pic i going to send with this post (wade please don't be offended it's just it seems like so many people think that you are evil that i'm sending this i actually think you're cool and have a good sense of humour)

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 15:39:41

At 1/10/03 03:31 PM, pewp wrote:
voting 0 is tne only way nowadays to get a blam point right? If you vote 0, you're doing it simply because you want it to be blammed, adding a blam point. Why don't you ask wade to modify the voting system so that 0,1, and 2 lower the score of the movie.

I could careless about Blam points & it wasn't my idea to start the system. The system has been abused since day one & NOW IT'S A PROBLEM. Quite honestly the whole rewarding for destroying someones work is simply retarded & why would you reward anyone for NEGATIVE BEHAVIOR?

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 15:46:48

Two things are going through my mind here.
The first is that Valz problem with wade is not so much what happened as that his apology was overly defensive.

The second is that Wade is really having to defend himself to a whole lot of people for something he did to only a few.

Wade and Tom want NG to be the best little enemy of society it can be (to paraphrase the Meatmen), and the rest of us want to help that task along.

Wade is saying "If you don't vote 0 EVERYDAY on EVERY ONE of the top 5 movies, then sit back, relax, and enjoy NG." and a lot of people seem to be calling him a friggin' Nazi over it. Wade has his preferences on how movies should be voted and frankly, I am for whichever solution brings in the money for Tom and Wade.

I have been coming to NG for maybe four years now, and I have seen a lot of stupid shit running down these halls, but I still figure that I am going to keep coming back.

Wade, I won't say I agree with the way you have stated everything, but I am going to keep clicking the ads to help NG.

Valz, I think you are a valued member of NG and I think you have the right to be annoyed.

I hope you BOTH will sit back and relax a little though, this isn't THAT big of a deal. Anyhoo, I'm out and I hope you both get to relax a little tonight, it is friday night after all.
Later.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 15:50:03

Oh no! Run!

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 15:58:10

At 1/10/03 03:31 PM, pewp wrote: voting 0 is tne only way nowadays to get a blam point right? If you vote 0, you're doing it simply because you want it to be blammed, adding a blam point. Why don't you ask wade to modify the voting system so that 0,1, and 2 lower the score of the movie.

What's the big deal about blam points? If you vote good on a movie that deserves it you can get protection points.. Which help you just as much as blam points do.

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 16:07:30

Ok..if he doesn't want us giving out zeros, why are blams encouraged..

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 17:00:50

At 1/10/03 07:36 AM, TheHoggle wrote: whoa whoa whoa, back the train up...Postman sucked and waterworld was merely ok, but drangon heart was a sweet movie, come on sean Connery is awesome

Dragonheart wasn't a shitty movie.. just a disappointment.

The movie was too short... had they made it longer, their could've been more character development.

I just didn't really care when Draco died.

OH NOHZ I RUINED THE ENDING

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 17:08:12

At 1/10/03 03:46 PM, Qjedi wrote: Two things are going through my mind here.
The first is that Valz problem with wade is not so much what happened as that his apology was overly defensive.

The second is that Wade is really having to defend himself to a whole lot of people for something he did to only a few.

Excellent summary of the situation.

I hope you BOTH will sit back and relax a little though, this isn't THAT big of a deal. Anyhoo, I'm out and I hope you both get to relax a little tonight, it is friday night after all.

Yes.

We need a group huggle.

No more adding 2 cents into their argument.

All the points are made and there is enough for everyone to judge the entire situation now.

We now move on to huggling.

{[huggles everyone}}

The only thing left to discuss is Dragonheart and The Postman.

Unless you want to go back to Waterworld...

I didn't like Draco's head shape in Dragonheart... they were trying to make him look like a dinosaur rather than a mythical creature. Lack of artistic creativity I say.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 17:22:31

At 1/10/03 05:08 PM, Shrapnel wrote:
At 1/10/03 03:46 PM, Qjedi wrote: Two things are going through my mind here.

Excellent summary of the situation.

Yes.

We need a group huggle.

No more adding 2 cents into their argument.

All the points are made and there is enough for everyone to judge the entire situation now.

We now move on to huggling.

{[huggles everyone}}

The only thing left to discuss is Dragonheart and The Postman.

Unless you want to go back to Waterworld...

I didn't like Draco's head shape in Dragonheart... they were trying to make him look like a dinosaur rather than a mythical creature. Lack of artistic creativity I say.

Dragonheart lacked a decent villian. Good movies have evil bad guys that you just want to see get their asses kicked(or succeed). Dragonheart's villian looked like the lead singer of Radiohead but had the personality of Al Gore. If it wasn't for Sean Connery doing the dragon voice, I would have waited until the movie was in video before seeing it.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 17:45:01

At 1/10/03 05:22 PM, ButtBoy wrote:
Dragonheart lacked a decent villian. Good movies have evil bad guys that you just want to see get their asses kicked(or succeed).

That must've been it.

You just didn't feel satisfied during the movie.... I never really put my finger on it.

I hated the villian in the sense I thought he was a pansy but he really wasn't strong enough... it didn't really make sense why it took so much effort to kill him anyways.

Draco should've swallowed the SOB

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 19:04:18

At 1/10/03 05:45 PM, Shrapnel wrote:
At 1/10/03 05:22 PM, ButtBoy wrote:
Dragonheart lacked a decent villian. Good movies have evil bad guys that you just want to see get their asses kicked(or succeed).
That must've been it.

You just didn't feel satisfied during the movie.... I never really put my finger on it.

I hated the villian in the sense I thought he was a pansy but he really wasn't strong enough... it didn't really make sense why it took so much effort to kill him anyways.

Draco should've swallowed the SOB

That would've made for such a better ending! Almost any alternative ending would be better than its current ending. =\