00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4DottorTette7 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG??

10,036 Views | 220 Replies

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 21:37:15

At 1/10/03 07:04 PM, AvocadoClock wrote:
At 1/10/03 05:45 PM, Shrapnel wrote:
Draco should've swallowed the SOB
That would've made for such a better ending! Almost any alternative ending would be better than its current ending. =\

That's why they need voting buttons at the movie theatre.

It'd make them more interactive.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 22:37:23

At 1/10/03 03:31 PM, pewp wrote:
At 1/10/03 03:29 PM, Valz wrote:
At 1/10/03 03:23 PM, pewp wrote:
At 1/10/03 01:21 PM, Valz wrote: You are wrong & you know it.
I don't get how he's wrong.
In a previous post by Wade he said along the following lines, 'vote as you want as long as it's not below 0'. So basically even if myself or anyone else here thinks a movie is total crap & a waste of space, according to Wade we can only give it a 2.

So how can we VOTE the way we want when we are being told to give it nothing less than a 2?
voting 0 is tne only way nowadays to get a blam point right? If you vote 0, you're doing it simply because you want it to be blammed, adding a blam point. Why don't you ask wade to modify the voting system so that 0,1, and 2 lower the score of the movie.

Voting 1 counts for BLAM points as well, 2-5 are saves.

And all of them, except 5, have the potential to lower a movie, under certain circumstances. Each vote number brings the score of the movie as close to that particular score as it can. So if a movie is at 4.01, a 4 vote should lower it to 4.00, unless it has tons of votes.

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 23:34:18

Thanks for the huggles Shrap.

I kinda liked the postman, but I am from Oregon, where the movie was filmed, so I am kinda biased. I just liked the part where Tom Petty got to basically play himself.

Postman: Hey... aren't you.... ?
Mayor: I used to be...

Or something like that.

Anyhow, has anyone else read the novel? It was by (I think) David Brin, and really, the first half was pretty similar, but by the end of the book it was a completely different story.

I think the movie was quite a bit better, but the book had some pretty cool info on why the mad general guy was such a psycho and how the postmen were able to take him down so easily.

Anyhoo, back ta drinkin', I'll catch ya all later.
Especially you, Shrapnel. *wink-wink-nudge-nudge*

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 23:36:52

At 1/10/03 10:41 AM, liljim wrote: Most of the people who have reacted negatively to these posts are people who don't need to worry anyway - there are just a select few users who repeatedly vote down everything. They don't appear to have anything positive to contribute and one has to wonder how much enjoyment they're actually getting from the site if they're of the opinion that everything they see is absolute crap! :)

Then you can put xJBombx on that list. He was deleted before because of that. Only once did I see him ever give a 10 for a movie. That was under his old account.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-10 23:39:56

At 1/10/03 03:33 PM, Valz wrote: That's like me slapping someone in the face & then saying I'm sorry only to spit in it. This is my feeling on the situation & I was kind of taken back by recieving an email threatning to have my account deleted for voting on something that Wade had a personal liking for. That is what made me mad & then to apologize & still say I'm wrong, to me that only adds insult to the injury.

"But you're still wrong for giving it a 0"
So our opinion is totally null and void here? I'm the co-administrator of a forum myself, but I always make sure that I end up polling/considering the public before I take action.

The only thing I can see is a bunch of 0s in spite, or otherwise it being unchanged. So if I voted 0 on the #1 entry, then I'd get warned, eh? Is that it?

BTW co administrator=admin of a forum that you do not own.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-11 00:11:06

At 1/9/03 04:25 PM, WadeFulp wrote: We are seeing a bigger problem with many users voting 0 to rack up blam points since the new system. So simply put, if users can't use the system fairly, we'll have to remove the vote ranks and blam points and go back to less voting activity. If you don't care for something, but can tell it took some work, vote 2.

i suppose you're going to threaten to ban me now for voting 0 on "link's quest for ass" which has like a 3.7/5 rating. augh.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-11 15:43:12

Ok it seems that users dont like the blam points becouse when you blam a movie you get one fucking point. Ask me this if we get rid of that we should get rid of protect points its the same thing but saveing a movie.So thats preety hyopcrial if you know what i mean.So overall i like the point system its better then nothing.I mean even without the point system movies are going to get blammed no mater what like tricky the clown no 1 likes thats flash so that wont stop them for getting rid of that type of flash.

Now voteing 0? Valz has a point its our own fucking opinion to vote and some dumbass noobs agree with wade like they fucking worship him. I dont give a fuck this wont stop me or valz voteing 0 dont get us wrong like we are some 0 voteing rednecks. We vote to our opinion like if one movie kinda sucked but it had little effort i vote a 1 or a 2 if it was a so-so i give a 3 if good 4 perfect i give a 5. So you think was wrong what about that shit movie you protected you pissed a lot of users off and what about that idiot adam z???? he broke a lot of rules buy resubmiting the same movies everytime and you did not ban him for that? thats sad what adam z did was 5x worse valz did.

And if one asshole user goes againse me or wade will counter talk me i got support from the clock crew and the blam club so i really dont give a shit what you lackys think. Like valz and i said our own opinion.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-11 15:56:14

At 1/9/03 04:07 PM, Valz wrote: I sent a reply to Mr Fulp & got this in return.........

Wade Fulp <wade@newgrounds.com>

Reply-To :
wade@newgrounds.com

To :
Valz

Subject :
RE: Warning

Date :
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:04:08 -0500

Reply Reply All Forward Delete Put in Folder...InboxSent MessagesDraftsTrash Can Printer Friendly Version

The author put a lot of work into that submission like his other works. Why would you want to BLAM it? To rack up BLAM points? If that’s how you vote, we don’t need your votes on NG.

Regards,

Wade Fulp

Newgrounds.com, Inc.

http://www.newgrounds.com

wade@newgrounds.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 4:02 PM
To: wade@newgrounds.com
Cc:
Subject: Re: Warning

I didn't find anything good about it. So if NG is now telling people how to vote then I will leave. If you find the way I vote bad then I suggest you go after the blam club or the clock haters who seem to be more of a problem than me.

~Val

Well monkey face just because you don't like it you just don't go and vote zero, alot of effort was put into that movie and you can't just tell me that tahts worht a zero, those movies are painstaiking to make, even if I didn't like It would wouldn't vote zero I would vote 2, because there was effort in there. And by judgeing of your movies: -none- I wouldn't be talking

-KTHNX

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-11 17:11:43

At 1/10/03 12:12 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I'm just saying 2 should be the bottom of the threshold if something bores you, but you obviously have the sense to realize the author put a lot of effort into it, and 1 if you think the author didn't try real hard.

I'll reiterate: The effort put into a movie does not matter. Only the entertainment value of the end result matters. That's how some movies that may or may not look like crap get high scores. Because they're entertaining. You can spend years on a flash and get blammed real fast because it was boring.
Take my two anti-clock movies that I made back in the day for example. They were total shit. I spent no more than an hour on each. By going what you're saying now, they should've been blammed within 2 minutes. But no, they have scores over 3.0 (I actually saw them with a steady 4 at one time!) and you and Tom put them both in a collection. People found them entertaining, (don't ask me why) and gave them high scores, despite the total lack of effort.

Do I spy some inconsistencies???

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-11 18:38:29

At 1/11/03 05:11 PM, GrandmasterJ wrote: I'll reiterate: The effort put into a movie does not matter. Only the entertainment value of the end result matters. That's how some movies that may or may not look like crap get high scores. Because they're entertaining. You can spend years on a flash and get blammed real fast because it was boring.
Take my two anti-clock movies that I made back in the day for example. They were total shit. I spent no more than an hour on each. By going what you're saying now, they should've been blammed within 2 minutes. But no, they have scores over 3.0 (I actually saw them with a steady 4 at one time!) and you and Tom put them both in a collection. People found them entertaining, (don't ask me why) and gave them high scores, despite the total lack of effort.

Do I spy some inconsistencies???

Exactly. I have to agree that any movie you make you should keep a backup for friends because if you submit here, always expect it to get BLAMmed. Some are painstaking and get blammed, while some have authors that poured out their hearts and succeeded in getting top 50 (Example:Super Console Wars)

I don't see why anyone is getting worked up over all these 0s. And if you feel you were unjustly blammed, just resubmit the damn thing.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-11 18:49:43

i'm sorry, i don't get wade's logic behind this. if they vote 0 to rack up blam points, don't they get diddily shit if they do it to movies that end up not getting blammed? no blam point.

i don't see the fucking problem.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-11 18:53:44

At 1/11/03 03:56 PM, OnionClock wrote:

And by judgeing of your movies: -none- I wouldn't be talking

Another narrow minded n00b...

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-11 19:40:03

At 1/11/03 06:53 PM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote:

Due to the fact that Valz actually has 2 movies (both protected) or that Onion believes that only movie makers have a good judgement on what the right way to vote is?

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-11 19:45:29

At 1/11/03 07:40 PM, Fatboy_ wrote: Due to the fact that Valz actually has 2 movies (both protected) or that Onion believes that only movie makers have a good judgement on what the right way to vote is?

Correct on both of those, Fatboy.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 01:20:26

i know i making a mistake, since this'll ruin what little social standing i even had a chance of ever having here, but shut the fuck up mi4real.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 01:22:25

At 1/12/03 01:20 AM, C_A wrote:

i know i making a mistake, since this'll ruin what little social standing i even had a chance of ever having here, but shut the fuck up mi4real.

We might take you seriously if you had a reason behind your STFU. Care to tell us?

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 01:24:50

C_A asks question, wonders why there is problem since person who votes 0 on quality movie gets no blam point anyways.
mi4real, been around 2 months less than C_A, dismisses him and calls him a "n00b" because he feels he is fucking god.
C_A, not caring how many will flame him, simply says the only words that would make sense in the situation. shut. the. fuck. up.

now is anyone going to answer? or just mock this post like a nerd?

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 01:25:51

are u serious this site is like our nation so we can vote how we fuckin want

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 01:28:29

At 1/12/03 01:24 AM, C_A wrote: C_A asks question, wonders why there is problem since person who votes 0 on quality movie gets no blam point anyways.
mi4real, been around 2 months less than C_A, dismisses him and calls him a "n00b" because he feels he is fucking god.
C_A, not caring how many will flame him, simply says the only words that would make sense in the situation. shut. the. fuck. up.

now is anyone going to answer? or just mock this post like a nerd?

Hahaha, look again, dude! He was replying to onionclock's post, not yours! And anyway, no matter how old your account is, you still only have 11 posts, meaning you're still a BBS n00b.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 01:28:30

At 1/12/03 01:25 AM, Djampitup wrote: are u serious this site is like our nation so we can vote how we fuckin want

Now that is the most intelligent thing I've heard all night.

blood...its in you to give...

BBS Signature

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 01:32:10

well, congrats folks, i'm the fucking idiot of the night ^_~

apologies to the guy that's about to chew me out for my fuckup. =P

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 01:35:17

maybe it's my lack of SODA that's making my brain all not-worky and stuffs. ehhh i'm too old for this shit, i need a 15-hour nap.

sorry again.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 02:03:50

I dunno. I hope Wade does not send me nasty mail! I am good guy. MISTARY MAN STIELS CADNY!
Speaking of the greatest movies of all time...

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 02:21:12

THE RACETRACK IS VERY EXCITEING!!!1

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 03:24:51

At 1/12/03 01:24 AM, C_A wrote: mi4real, been around 2 months less than C_A, dismisses him and calls him a "n00b" because he feels he is fucking god.

I was talking to OnionClock, not you.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 03:25:56

At 1/12/03 01:35 AM, C_A wrote: maybe it's my lack of SODA that's making my brain all not-worky and stuffs. ehhh i'm too old for this shit, i need a 15-hour nap.

sorry again.

It was an honest mistake, so don't worry about it :)

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 03:31:18

If people are just voting 0 for blam points, then why not just get rid of blam points all together? I dont think it would completly solve this problem but it would help

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 08:23:19

HAHA funny thats a hillarious bit of info

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 08:41:16

At 1/9/03 03:58 PM, Valz wrote: I just watched Monkey Island & thought it was stupid, I voted Zero on it. I then get this in my email....

Wade Fulp <wade@newgrounds.com>

Reply-To :
wade@newgrounds.com

To :
valz

Subject :
Warning

Date :
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 15:53:35 -0500

Reply Reply All Forward Delete Put in Folder...InboxSent MessagesDraftsTrash Can Printer Friendly Version

Is there a reason you gave the Monkey Island game a 0? If you continue to vote down quality submissions your account will be terminated.

Regards,

Wade Fulp

Newgrounds.com, Inc.

http://www.newgrounds.com

wade@newgrounds.com

Well, I seen it the movie but I don't think it deserves a Blam. If sould be given a 2 but not a Blam.

And I have seen Valz'a profile he I have slightly more save points but Valz's Blam points more than double mine.

There are many movies in the Portal I don't like but I know that they do deserve their place in the NG.

Response to Are We Now TOLD How to Vote on NG?? 2003-01-12 10:09:44

still... it is fucked up to send these kind of mails

If somebody works a year on a movie and I think it stinks...i still give it a 0...

That's my opinion