00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,755,458 Views | 87,875 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-24 15:31:41

Level 22, fear the wrench.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-24 15:39:44

Hey guys, thought I'd pop by and wish everyone in the LUL a Merry Christmas, and a happy and prosperous New Year!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-24 16:30:05

At 12/24/09 12:16 PM, Hacsev wrote: I just became a Commander! I'm now the 3rd user from '08 to achieve this, and 200 user in total! Also, just passed 10.00 Total Voting Power!

Commander?OMG, don't you get bored, voting on so many submissions every day?

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-24 16:53:01

Merry Christmas to all you guys!

Congrats to:

14hourlunchbreak: Level 23; Police Sergeant
Balazeal: Level 24
Vidaria: Level 13
fx-dx: Level 11
gamejunkie: 44,444 Total Stats
Goonie: Level 41
DrHood: 8.00 Base Voting Power
Coop83: 44,000 Saves
BrianEtrius: Level 21
KrevZabijak: Level 18
HeavyTank: Staff Sergeant; 6,000 B/P
Metal-Therapy: 9,000 Experience
jake-thesnake: 1 Year on NG
ChocloMan: 6 Years on NG
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 19,000 Saves
yugimt: 2,000 Experience; 3,000 Saves
NeonFlame126: 11,000 Experience
VinnyXY: Level 23
Kaytee: 24,000 B/P
Stretchysumo: Level 22

At 12/22/09 09:34 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
At 12/21/09 02:41 PM, Hacsev wrote: idiot-buster: 21,000 Saves
Thank you very much, and it's even in bold!

lol I do that with all the list makers.

At 12/24/09 12:31 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Congrats to:
Hacsev - 18,000 Saves

How could you have forgotten my 2 biggest achievements!?

At 12/21/09 02:41 PM, Hacsev wrote: He's also sad it doesn't snow where I live.
Neither does here. It only snows once a year in the south, during June/July. I wish I could go there, since I've never seen snow...

I've never seen snow either.

At 12/24/09 01:16 PM, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote:
At 12/24/09 12:16 PM, Hacsev wrote: I just became a Commander! I'm now the 3rd user from '08 to achieve this, and 200 user in total!
1st: tdpl
2nd: Me
3rd: You
Right?

Actually, WilhelmTheVampire pointed out that the second user to reach Commander is Deadchick, which means you're the third and I'm the fourth.

At 12/24/09 04:30 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 12/24/09 12:16 PM, Hacsev wrote: I just became a Commander! I'm now the 3rd user from '08 to achieve this, and 200 user in total! Also, just passed 10.00 Total Voting Power!
Commander?OMG, don't you get bored, voting on so many submissions every day?

I get bored when there are no under judgment submissions to vote on.

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-24 18:06:13

21,000 Medal Points!

3 achievements in one day!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-24 18:07:00

I finally did it, after so many years 100,000 Protection Points :)

This is the submission of my 100,000th save

Here is a picture for good measure

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-24 18:16:25

At 12/24/09 06:07 PM, Toocool100 wrote: I finally did it, after so many years 100,000 Protection Points :)

Shiiiiit man... I don't even make congrats lists anymore, but that is damn special. Congratulations you insanely save-happy bastard.

Are you the first user on the site to have a 100k stat in an individual field?

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-24 18:20:03

i dont know about posts, but for B/P points, yes :)

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-24 18:27:51

Wishing you all a Happy Christmas! Congrats to:
HeavyTank: Staff Sergeant and 6,000 B/P
Metal-Therapy: 9,000 Experience
jake-thesnake: 1 Year on NG
ChocloMan: 6 Years on NG
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 19,000 Saves
yugimt: 2,000 Experience and 3,000 Saves
NeonFlame126: 11,000 Experience
Bahamut: 5 Years of Wi/Ht Experience
Hacsev: Commander and 21,000 Medal Points
Stretchysumo: Level 22

Achievement of the day:
Toocool100: 100,000 Saves - A historic achievement before the new decade, very well done!

Listening to:
Blood Sugar - Pendulum
Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-24 22:24:46

You passed 26000 B/P! Congrats!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-24 23:13:45

28,000 B/P... only 2k to go.

Merry christmas ppls.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-25 03:17:45

Coop wishes all Newgrounders a very merry Xmas and congratulates:
Hacsev: Commander; 10.00 Total Voting Power; 21,000 Medal Points
StretchySumo: Level 22
Toocool100: 99,999 Saves; 100,000 Saves!
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 26,000 B/P
NEVR: 28,000 B/P

Thank you to:
Sir-Nuts
Hacsev

Listening To:
Lion - Transformers Theme
Scisor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing (Yeah, the guests have arrived :P)

At 12/24/09 08:22 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yesterday actually marked five years of Wi/Ht? posting for me when I made my first achievement right here. Five years and a day later, I'm still going strong. Infact, I'm stronger than ever.

Nice one. That was 104 pages before I started writing lists. I tell you what, it makes me cringe, going through all of the old posts I've made.

Who'd have thought it? When I started on the 2nd of February 2005. I never considered being this high in the rankings 5 years down the road.

At 12/24/09 12:31 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 12/21/09 05:05 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 12/21/09 12:55 AM, Sir-Nuts wrote: How's the DIY Christmas coming along?
Hoping to paint today

Yes, I have an official "Coop does DIY" topic
Have you already finished the wallpaper?

Yeah, that was Tuesday morning. It only took us a couple of hours to get the one wall covered.

At 12/24/09 01:44 PM, reverend wrote:
At 12/24/09 04:39 AM, Coop83 wrote: Having spent the night snowed in at his girlfriend's house
Dig Dig Dig! Or better yet, get your woman to dig dig dig. :P

Dug the snow off the drive, liberally sprinkled table salt over the drive and went from there. A little welly required to get over the hill up the drive and then onto the road.

At 12/24/09 06:16 PM, NEVR wrote: Are you the first user on the site to have a 100k stat in an individual field?

Yes he is. The best Blammer is Denvish with 70,006; ZeroAsALimit has just shy of 50,000 Posts and XwaynecoltX has some 18,000 Reviews.

No-one else is even close :P

Merry Xmas Newgrounds!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-25 08:46:17

I don't have time for congrats list at the moment. A special congrats goes out to Toocool though for reaching 100,000 Saves!

But anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

What did you guys get this year?

I got an Ipod nano which is pretty awesome. I also got some DVD's (Inglourious Basterds, Into The Wild and U2's Unbroken Toys) and new N64 controllers (my old one was broken).

At 12/24/09 08:22 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/24/09 04:13 AM, Auz wrote: It looks like for the first time in my life, I will have a 'white Christmas'.
I could be in luck as well.

Hmm.... I guess technically we're having a white Christmas here, but it started raining today so all the snow is now gray and half-molten =/

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-25 09:17:00

8 years on NG! >:(
Or at least, this account is now 8 years old, I only spent about half of the time here -.-
Also, check out my newspost. :)

At 12/20/09 10:21 AM, Haggard wrote: Yeah, we just demand that he does it, so he cannot bail out! ^^
Well, he caught up on the last posts at least.
And I posted here twice, it's a huge step!

GO YOU!

At 12/21/09 11:37 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/21/09 12:55 AM, Sir-Nuts wrote: As epic as it could've been, I'd rather go to the beach than catching up. =)
Southern hemisphere for teh lose!
Souther hemisphere FTW!

Who cares about snow when you have a 35º beach waiting for you? :)

35° would be too warm for me.
And the north sea (or the baltic sea, both are about equally far away from where I live) is too cold to take a bath anyways. :P

Hey, I never said anything... <.< >.>
No bailing out! :P
You're creating false proofs against me! ¬¬

That's what I'm good at! >:)

Watch me hide.

*covers*
I see what you did there... wait, where did he go? oO
To the beach, maybe...? :P

Beaches are overrated. Except for beaches in Florida or in Spain, they where really nice.

It's a start, but not enough.
Enough will be when I won't need to catch up anywhere, because I will be active in all threads I usually post on.

I dream with that. :P

You just have to believe in yourself, then you can achieve everything! *cheesy music plays in the background*

At 12/21/09 02:41 PM, Hacsev wrote: He's also sad it doesn't snow where I live.
Neither does here. It only snows once a year in the south, during June/July. I wish I could go there, since I've never seen snow...

Even though I don't like snow that much, you really miss out on something if you don't see it with your own eyes at least once. :P

Also, do they also play so shitty songs like "I'm dreaming of a white christmas" on the radio where you live?

At 12/24/09 10:10 AM, Haggard wrote: Steam is a plague!
LIES

TRUTH!

At 12/24/09 06:07 PM, Toocool100 wrote: I finally did it, after so many years 100,000 Protection Points :)

Very nice, congrats!

At 12/25/09 03:17 AM, Coop83 wrote: Listening To:
Lion - Transformers Theme
Scisor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing (Yeah, the guests have arrived :P)

Haha, I think I'd prefer the Immortal version of this song. XD

At 12/24/09 08:22 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yesterday actually marked five years of Wi/Ht? posting for me when I made my first achievement right here. Five years and a day later, I'm still going strong. Infact, I'm stronger than ever.
Nice one. That was 104 pages before I started writing lists. I tell you what, it makes me cringe, going through all of the old posts I've made.

And you posted your list 736 pages before I posted my first two achievements in this thread. Even though they wheren't real achievements and I myself don't consider theres congratsworthy nowadays. But everyone makes mistakes, right? ^^
Also this post is my first post in the LUL, almost 3 years ago. This means I made over 3900 posts in 3 years and climbed 1119 ranks in Exp!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-25 10:20:39

Happy holidays and the BBS awards are up. I warn you, it contains a large amount of fail for most parts. Oh, and if anyone wants to know what I got, I did get a Manowar album. :D The rest you shall hear later.

Listening to:

Manowar - Gods of War. Hey, this is the only CD I got for Christmas so far.

Thanks to:

DumbassDude

At 12/24/09 10:10 AM, Haggard wrote:
Nice. I should look through my post history where I made my first Wi/Ht posting. I think my first achievement I posted was 100 posts... seemed quite a lot to me at that time, especially considering my awesome PPD rate of 0.0something back then. ^^

I think you first posted sometime in 2006. I've checked once before to see when you started posting here.

Knew it, they're the only two studio albums of Metallica I've never listened to and probably never will.
You should, though.

Why should I get Load or ReLoad?

He was more into Lamb of God but Slayer was a close second.
Hm, then I'm confusing him with some other user who also said "Slayer is boring".

I believe only you have said Slayer is boring but Coop doesn't favour them either.

Well, unless buying more Steam games got in his way from things. ;_;
Steam is a plague!

No, Steam is great!

Shitblade is a better name for switchblade.
Generally speaking, yes. Because it sounds similar. But not for the awesome NG switchblade. Because it's... well... awesome.

Sadly, the switchblade on Newgrounds is SHIT!

Too lazy.
Then you should charter a plane.

It'll melt by the time I get there. I need to go to a much colder place where there's tons of snow.

At 12/21/09 08:14 AM, Bahamut wrote: New gaming rant: Nintendo Adverts starring Ant & Dec. I guess you could call it half-game rant, half-celebrity rant but it still counts as a gaming rant in my book.
Who are those guys, anyway?

THEY'RE NOBODIES!

Well, he caught up on the last posts at least.
And I posted here twice, it's a huge step!

HOORAY!

You have plenty of time. Infact, considering I'll have to get someone to look at the inside of my laptop in the new year, I'll have to delay the contest, so extra time to nominate for everyone. :)
Awesome. More time to push it forward. =)

Yep but if you can cast your nominations sooner, do so.

Yeah, it was hectic. I guess they underestimated how many people would be playing TF2 over the weekend. I feel sorry for those who struggled to play the game due to all these problems and had their free play wasted.
When I was playing during the previous free weekend (Sniper vs. Spy), the servers weren't bad at all. I didn't have many problems, aside from the excess of Snipers and Spies in every team.

The problem this time is having yet more people playing the game.

Umm, snow?
The lack of snow, maybe?

Lack of snow sucks.

Why thank you. Please support me and Manowar. :D
Of course! FOR ROCK AND ROOOOOLL!

Funny how you say that the day before I got another album of theirs. I'll be sure to get the rest before the new one comes out sometime in the new year.

At 12/24/09 08:22 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yes, that's more like it! Hmm, I think it's missing something. Oh yes, that's it! A monocle!
You want him to look like gfox's Pyro, right? =P

Sure, why not?

At 12/24/09 01:44 PM, reverend wrote:
At 12/24/09 08:22 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yes, that's more like it! Hmm, I think it's missing something. Oh yes, that's it! A monocle!
Right! I'll work on that for tomorrow's posting.

Awesome, I look forward to it.

Of course I did and my god was that holiday special awful.
I heard about it but never did see it first hand. I think he did an excellent job of tearing it apart.

Indeed, that's one of the worst things he's ever reviewed.

Santa Christ!

I love that character!

This is just, WHOA! You got it just in time for Christmas as well as the next Saves update which I expect to be up in a few days time. Also, expect a Toocool100 special B/P update on Sunday! This is achievement of the year. :)

At 12/25/09 03:17 AM, Coop83 wrote:

Not to worry, I've made posts in the past that I'm not happy with but when I look at my early days here, I do smile. :) Also, you've been making congratulations lists for almost 5 years now? Nice, I could have almost had it by now but of course, I thought I've done well enough for 4 years.

At 12/25/09 08:46 AM, Auz wrote:
At 12/24/09 08:22 AM, Bahamut wrote: I could be in luck as well.
Hmm.... I guess technically we're having a white Christmas here, but it started raining today so all the snow is now gray and half-molten =/

We've got clear sky today but yeah, the snow is melting. Oh well, some snow is better than nothing.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-25 10:39:16

Listening to:
Queens Of The Stone Age - Mosquito Song
Deep Purple - Shield

At 12/25/09 10:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: Happy holidays and the BBS awards are up. I warn you, it contains a large amount of fail for most parts.

lol@idiot-finder being nominated for best poster.

At 12/24/09 10:10 AM, Haggard wrote:
Nice. I should look through my post history where I made my first Wi/Ht posting. I think my first achievement I posted was 100 posts... seemed quite a lot to me at that time, especially considering my awesome PPD rate of 0.0something back then. ^^
I think you first posted sometime in 2006. I've checked once before to see when you started posting here.

Actually it was in January 2007, see my last post. ^^

Knew it, they're the only two studio albums of Metallica I've never listened to and probably never will.
You should, though.

Because there are some awesome songs on those albums like The House Jack Built, Hero Of The Day, The Outlaw Torn, Where The Wild Things Are and Low Man's Lyric.

He was more into Lamb of God but Slayer was a close second.
Hm, then I'm confusing him with some other user who also said "Slayer is boring".
I believe only you have said Slayer is boring but Coop doesn't favour them either.

I think I confused Casualty with Denvish. Even though I'm not so sure Denvish posted here that much when I became active... but there was one other user who also thought Slayer was crap.

Well, unless buying more Steam games got in his way from things. ;_;
Steam is a plague!
No, Steam is great!

Maybe it is, but if it keeps gfox away from here it's a plague!

Shitblade is a better name for switchblade.
Generally speaking, yes. Because it sounds similar. But not for the awesome NG switchblade. Because it's... well... awesome.

Luckily it isn't.

Too lazy.
Then you should charter a plane.
It'll melt by the time I get there. I need to go to a much colder place where there's tons of snow.

Like Antarctica?

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-25 11:02:24

A big congrats to you!

In smaller news, I've broken into the top 500 exp rankings.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-25 13:46:31

Merry Christmas peeps!

Congrats to:
Stretchysumo - Level 22
Hacsev - 21k Medal Points
Toocool100 - 100,000 Save! - Amazing dude!
Pokemonpoeguygcn - 26k B/P
NEVR - 28k B/P
Haggard - 8 Years on NG!
milinko959 - Top 500 in Exp!

---

At 12/24/09 03:39 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Hey guys, thought I'd pop by and wish everyone in the LUL a Merry Christmas, and a happy and prosperous New Year!

So he is alive :)

At 12/24/09 04:53 PM, Hacsev wrote: I get bored when there are no under judgment submissions to vote on.

Spoken like a true statwhore.

At 12/25/09 03:17 AM, Coop83 wrote: Dug the snow off the drive, liberally sprinkled table salt over the drive and went from there. A little welly required to get over the hill up the drive and then onto the road.

Welly? Hmm, that's not listed in my British to American Dictionary. How much snow did you get? Sound like a lot. Over here we got about 2-3 inches of snow with a 1/4 inch of ice which made things more interesting.

Merry Xmas Newgrounds!

". . .Santa Claus is gunning you down "

At 12/25/09 10:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: Happy holidays and the BBS awards are up. I warn you, it contains a large amount of fail for most parts.

That's an understatement. :/

I managed to find my first posting in the LUL on page 379. Yep, reaching Level 10 on the old scale was a nice accomplishment for me back then.

Heh, most of my old post were believe it or not, helping answering question in the Wi/Ht with a few occasions helping D0GMA on his/her B/P list quest. Memories...

And now for something completely different.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-25 13:57:18

18,000 Saves. Would have posted this yesterday with the other one but it was taking aaages and by the time it got to 5:30am I just had to give up and go to bed.

Merry christmas.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-25 22:13:44

This is not an achievement, nor am I advertising it as one. I just thought this was cool so I took a picture of it for your enjoyment

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-25 23:13:28

Merry Christmas Wh\i/Ht forum and all who post in this thread!

I havent' had time to get to this place today or yesterday for that matter, but it's hard to find time as you all know. I may not find time tomorrow, but i will see. So how was your christmas and what did you get?

For me i got a ipod tuch, new electric razor, new ::::fully::: wireless mouse. I got a buch of cloths from Ruehl, including that leather jacket! Oh and modern wafare 2.

No list today, but there will be tomorrow. I have to say that thats one of the things, i'd never thought i'd see! Thats just awsome that it came on christmas day, it's even better. If i'm not mistaken this is the first stat that anyone has ever gotten over 100k or even near that! There will a special category for this on my next list!

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-26 01:06:44

Thanks for voting, gamejunkie! Your experience has been automatically deposited!

With that vote, you now have 16,895 experience points. You need -5 more to get to Level 40. The next Grounds Gold day begins in 23 hours, 38 minutes, and 12 seconds.

As for congratulating Toocool100 on the 100,000 saves. No chance, its not deserved. Anyone can hit the 5 key on every submission and score big. It just proves you are one of the dishonest voters (93 blams) that ruins things for the rest of the honest NG users, and helps flood the portal with crap. How about you now try wearing out your 0 key to get 100,000 blams. And thats not jealousy speaking, its reality.

Those of you who have congratulated him should be ashamed.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-26 01:47:54

Honestly who the fuck are you to say how a person should or should not vote? Everybody on this site gets one fucking vote and he choose to vote that way. How do you know that he only votes on movies that deserves to pass judgment? Honestly you don't. Do you not think over the course of seven years that there have been at least 100,000 movies that deserves to be protected?

If you don't like the judgment system so much then PM an administrator, write a petition, blog about it, do whatever I don't care, but don't criticize a person who is following the goddamn rules that currently apply.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-26 03:22:43

At 12/26/09 01:47 AM, reverend wrote: Honestly who the fuck are you to say how a person should or should not vote? Everybody on this site gets one fucking vote and he choose to vote that way. How do you know that he only votes on movies that deserves to pass judgment? Honestly you don't. Do you not think over the course of seven years that there have been at least 100,000 movies that deserves to be protected?

If you don't like the judgment system so much then PM an administrator, write a petition, blog about it, do whatever I don't care, but don't criticize a person who is following the goddamn rules that currently apply.

To answer your 1st question. I'm the guy who is entitled to my opinion and where exactly in my post did I say how a person should vote. I did'nt. All I actually did was critisize his voting process. 100,000 saves, 93 blams, says so much.
To answer 1st comment. Yes they do and yes he did.
To answer your 2nd question. I dont, but neither do you, so dont carry on like you know it all. And I will reiterate, 100,000 saves, 93 blams, says so much.
To answer your 3rd question. Its possible but highly unlikely, because if it were so, he would likely not be the 1st user to have achieved it.
As for your final statement, you know as well as I do, that PM'ing Admins, blogging or petitioning about it would achieve nothing, so thats a fairly bold statement to make. And why are you then criticizing me, about criticizing someone else? Thats just being hypocritical, dont you think? You are entitled to your opinion, as am I, but even if I did'nt like your opinion on something I'm not likely to have a hissy fit about it, like some burned 13 year old. Which is exactly what you have done.
I'm not angry about your response to my post, but I certainly am questioning your reasoning. I actually value the opinions of all the LUL posters, so thanks for commenting anyway, regardless of what you think, like I said you are entitled to your opinion.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-26 05:45:54

At 12/26/09 03:22 AM, gamejunkie wrote: 100,000 saves, 93 blams, says so much.

Yes, it says that Toocool100 likes to save movies and doesn't want to blam any movies. So he votes on movies he thinks should be protected.

Also, do you think Toohot100 should use the 2-5 buttons more?

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-26 06:13:58

Coop comes down after the Xmas festivities and congratulates:
Haggard: 8th NG Berfday
milinko959: Top 500 Experienced
NEVR: 18,000 Saves
gamejunkie: Level 40

Listening to:
Iron Maiden - Where Eagles Dare
Iron Maiden - Revelations
Iron Maiden - Flight of Icarus
Iron Maiden - Die With Your Boots On
Iron Maiden - The Trooper
Iron Maiden - Still Life

At 12/25/09 05:19 AM, Odyssic wrote: Odyssic is in a rush, so no time for list. I just wanted to say, Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

Merry Xmas, everyone. Odyssic was the first, so I can't be arsed to reply to every single person who says "Happy Christmas / Xmas / Holidays / Yule / Chanukkah / Kwanzaa / other festival associated with this time of year.

At 12/25/09 08:46 AM, Auz wrote: What did you guys get this year?

A Russell Howard DVD, Iron Maiden's Piece of Mind and Powerslave albums, an album called 101 Running Songs - I'll be putting that to good use in the new year. A new microphone, so I can voice act with some penache now :)

Oh yeah, some booze and chocolates, too.

At 12/25/09 09:17 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/25/09 03:17 AM, Coop83 wrote: Scisor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing (Yeah, the guests have arrived :P)

Twas good. However, they had to put up with me listening to Iron Maiden once I'd opened that present from my girlfriend :)

At 12/25/09 10:20 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/25/09 03:17 AM, Coop83 wrote: Nice one. That was 104 pages before I started writing lists. I tell you what, it makes me cringe, going through all of the old posts I've made.
Not to worry, I've made posts in the past that I'm not happy with but when I look at my early days here, I do smile. :) Also, you've been making congratulations lists for almost 5 years now? Nice, I could have almost had it by now but of course, I thought I've done well enough for 4 years.

Well, it wasn't a daily thing then. I could do with finding out when I started these things on a daily basis, because I've had that going for at least 3 years now.

At 12/25/09 01:46 PM, reverend wrote:
At 12/25/09 03:17 AM, Coop83 wrote: Dug the snow off the drive, liberally sprinkled table salt over the drive and went from there. A little welly required to get over the hill up the drive and then onto the road.
Welly? Hmm, that's not listed in my British to American Dictionary. How much snow did you get? Sound like a lot. Over here we got about 2-3 inches of snow with a 1/4 inch of ice which made things more interesting.

We had less than an inch of snow. My girlfriend's driveway is a downward slope, so trying to reverse a front wheel drive car off just compacted said snow into ice and the car slide back down the drive.

I scraped what ice I could off the drive and spread some table salt over the tyre tracks, so that the ice would melt. With the neighbours pushing me off the drive, we continued to experience wheelspin, so I was told to give it a lot of welly (A good run up, to come up the slope at speed.) With the neighbours stopping the traffic for me, I got off the drive and could carry on without ruining Xmas.

If there's anything else you don't understand, let me know ;)

At 12/25/09 10:13 PM, Toocool100 wrote: This is not an achievement, nor am I advertising it as one. I just thought this was cool so I took a picture of it for your enjoyment

Well, I'm sure gfoxcook will enjoy it when he sees it ;)

At 12/26/09 01:06 AM, gamejunkie wrote: As for congratulating Toocool100 on the 100,000 saves. No chance, its not deserved.

Well, that's your opinion, which you're entitled to, but as the senior list maker in this fine establishment, I think it is you who should hang their head in shame for criticising our own opinions. That's not the attitude that we aim to promote around here.

I'm sure that you are aware as much as anyone else that there is a far greater volume of saveable material coming through the flash portal than there has been say, 2 years ago.

Toocool has been saving only the movies that have deserved it for some considerable amount of time. His numbers have dropped off in recent months, him not even getting on my top 5 gainers lists over this time. If he's a save whore, then so am I, because I've been ahead of him in Saves gained recently.

Finally, who says that he votes 5 on everything? I think that it's perfectly feasible that he could be voting 2-5 on saveable submissions that come through the portal, just like me, while the difference between the two of us is that I vote 0 on flash that I feel deserve to be blammed.

At 12/26/09 03:22 AM, gamejunkie wrote: To answer your 1st question. I'm the guy who is entitled to my opinion and where exactly in my post did I say how a person should vote. I did'nt. All I actually did was critisize his voting process. 100,000 saves, 93 blams, says so much.

That was a direct attack - we shouldn't congratulate this guy's "achievement", because it isn't one, since he only votes 5 on everything. I have suggested that your claim is unbased, as you can't possibly hope to substantiate it.

To answer your 2nd question. I dont, but neither do you, so dont carry on like you know it all. And I will reiterate, 100,000 saves, 93 blams, says so much.

Get your head from up your own sphincter. It says nothing that you're trying to prove. It does however say that this account owner has voted 2-5 on over 100,000 submissions.

To answer your 3rd question. Its possible but highly unlikely, because if it were so, he would likely not be the 1st user to have achieved it.

Bots have tried, bots have been closed down. That is official.

I'm not angry about your response to my post, but I certainly am questioning your reasoning.

As are we, yours. As far as I am concerned, it is just a baseless attack on someone who you don't really know.

I actually value the opinions of all the LUL posters, so thanks for commenting anyway, regardless of what you think, like I said you are entitled to your opinion.

As are we all. I think this conversation will perpetuate and go around in circles, as neither side can present evidence to one definitive conclusion or another, so we will have to agree to disagree.

At 12/26/09 05:45 AM, Haggard wrote:
Yes, it says that Toocool100 likes to save movies and doesn't want to blam any movies. So he votes on movies he thinks should be protected.

A good point, well made.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-26 06:18:04

At 12/26/09 05:45 AM, Haggard wrote:

I thought he himself or someone else once said that he only saves movies that deserve to be saved and skips the crappy entries. And I'm sure he also sees that there is no point in saving the very poor entries so he'd better not vote at all on those.

Of course that doesn't have to be the truth, but I wouldn't accuse him as long as I don't have proof it's otherwise. Even if his blam:saves ratio suggests that he votes 5 on everything.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-26 08:49:25

At 12/26/09 01:06 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Those of you who have congratulated him should be ashamed.

IIRC, Toocool was doing the whole save thing long before saves became easier to obtain than blams. It's all too easy to turn him into a scapegoat for the fact that a lot of other users are too save-happy now, but it's hardly his fault.

Also, chill.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-26 09:27:36

At 12/26/09 08:49 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 12/26/09 01:06 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Those of you who have congratulated him should be ashamed.
IIRC, Toocool was doing the whole save thing long before saves became easier to obtain than blams. It's all too easy to turn him into a scapegoat for the fact that a lot of other users are too save-happy now, but it's hardly his fault.

Also, chill.

Logic, Thank you.

I'm chilled, I have said my piece. Simple fact is, I admit I cannot prove whether he votes 5 on everything, but the rest of you must also admit you cannot prove he does'nt, so we are at a bit of an impass, a stalemate as such. Your opinion vs my opinion. Who's right, who knows. And as Coop so nicely put it, we agree to disagree. I do not wish this to be an ongoing argument, so with that said, I shall say no more on the subject.

And to Auz, thanks for your logical/explanation reply.
Also one last thing, maybe this, 'Those of you who have congratulated him should be ashamed', was a little harsh, and for that I apologise.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2009-12-26 09:28:55

Listening to:

Manowar - Gods of War

At 12/25/09 10:39 AM, Haggard wrote:
lol@idiot-finder being nominated for best poster.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?!

Heavy is so ashamed of this.

Actually it was in January 2007, see my last post. ^^

Ah yes but you did start to become more active in 2006.

Because there are some awesome songs on those albums like The House Jack Built, Hero Of The Day, The Outlaw Torn, Where The Wild Things Are and Low Man's Lyric.

Meh, I'll pass. After all, I'll be getting four Slough Feg albums along with a few others so no time for Load or ReLoad. :D

I think I confused Casualty with Denvish. Even though I'm not so sure Denvish posted here that much when I became active... but there was one other user who also thought Slayer was crap.

I don't remember anyone else here. Also, how could you confuse Casualty with Denvish?

No, Steam is great!
Maybe it is, but if it keeps gfox away from here it's a plague!

Then I'll keep bugging him but now he's away for a few days.

Luckily it isn't.

Unfortunately, it is.

Like Antarctica?

Yeah, that's more like it.

At 12/25/09 01:46 PM, reverend wrote:
That's an understatement. :/

Then what would be the perfect description for the BBS awards?

I managed to find my first posting in the LUL on page 379. Yep, reaching Level 10 on the old scale was a nice accomplishment for me back then.

Wow, that was before I even signed up or had a slight interest in this site.

And now for something completely different.

Awesomeness!

At 12/26/09 01:06 AM, gamejunkie wrote: As for congratulating Toocool100 on the 100,000 saves. No chance, its not deserved.

I understand your concerns on the issues with the portal these days but I'm sure Toocool is one of the more honest voters. I mean, you don't see my Toohot100 alt trying to blam EVERYTHING! I only try to blam flashes that I feel are deserving of a 0 or 1 vote from the account. Same goes for Toocool100 when saving flashes. He hasn't tried getting every single save point, he's just a long time contributor to the site and is deserving of a congratulations of the huge milestone from myself.

At 12/26/09 05:45 AM, Haggard wrote: Also, do you think Toohot100 should use the 2-5 buttons more?

Heck no. XD

At 12/26/09 06:13 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 12/25/09 10:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: Not to worry, I've made posts in the past that I'm not happy with but when I look at my early days here, I do smile. :) Also, you've been making congratulations lists for almost 5 years now? Nice, I could have almost had it by now but of course, I thought I've done well enough for 4 years.
Well, it wasn't a daily thing then. I could do with finding out when I started these things on a daily basis, because I've had that going for at least 3 years now.

Oh, that wasn't on a daily basis just yet. Oh well, you're still doing good at 3 years and soon you'll be the one who's done congrats lists for the longest.