00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bitommy762 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,766,028 Views | 87,912 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-25 13:55:25

At 12/25/11 06:53 AM, Haggard wrote: Now this is a story, all about how my life got flipped, turned upside-down...

Oh congrats, you beat me by about a month, 10 years ago :)

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-25 21:31:33

Merry Christmas all!

And level 55, one of the coolest of them all in my opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-25 21:49:55

52k Total Stats.

Merry Xmas :)

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-25 23:03:26

23,000 Saves!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-26 06:52:55

Monday Metal Treasures - Week 52 (FINAL): Ensiferum - The Longest Journey (Heathen Throne Part II). That's the end of Monday Metal Treasures. Now you all have to look forward to Haggard finishing off his Metal ABC.

Listening to:

Saint Vitus - Born Too Late

At 12/25/11 01:51 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/25/11 12:05 PM, Bahamut wrote: So obvious that I didn't consider it. Now we're onto O. Don't let Opeth be your choice. :P
Don't worry, it will not be Opeth.

Don't make it Overkill or Ozzy Osbourne either.

But Christmas Day is the right day to open the presents.
Says who?

The rest of the world.

It's just a tradition in Germany that on Christmas Eve all presents are put under the Christmas Tree and opened on the same day. Maybe it's just because we are a very impatient nation?

Yeah, you guys must he impatient. :P

Give them a little buzz.
I should just do that. Or maybe we should just read "All I Need to Know about Filmmaking I Learned from the Toxic Avenger"

Yeah, you get to that as well.

If we're getting that redesign.
I hope so.

I'm just going to leave it to them. I think I've done enough work.

Semi-retro gaming.
But still retro.

And still awesome.

Fucking nice! 10 years of being awesome.
Not quite. I started being awesome when I discovered the Wi/Ht forum, that was around 2006/2007.

You admit to sucking ass, lol.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-26 07:00:40

Coop tries to attach his Xmas present to the wall, while congratulating:
sushi13: Level 36
Knuckstrike: Top 10 Medal Points
Haggard: 10th NG Berfday
Rage: Level 55
Jolly: 23,000 Saves
SCTE3: 2nd most audio reviews

Listening to:
Rush - Dreamline
Pink Floyd - Flaming

At 12/25/11 06:36 AM, Odyssic wrote:
At 12/25/11 04:07 AM, Coop wrote: It's awful, that's what it is. Sure, a 500kB file is fine for not having a preloader, but a 2-3 meg one still needs a preloader
What I hate about it, I open a tab and click when I get ready for it, and when a flash doesn't have a pre-loader it plays music that the creator has put really loud.

I'd rather that there was a menu / preloader as well, so that the piece stops when it gets to the end, rather than carrying on ad nauseum.

At 12/25/11 04:07 AM, Coop wrote: Which one?
Disappearance Of Haruhi Suzumiya
I got the rest obviously, I will list them...

Professor Layton - Game
Idiot Aboard Series 2 - DVD
Halo - Game
Stephen Merchant Live - DVD

That's it.

A decent showing - I have pictures here, though I've not managed to get all of the images onto one picture... just yet.

At 12/25/11 08:19 AM, Auz wrote:
At 12/25/11 04:07 AM, Coop wrote:
Now that you mention it: LOL XD
The best comedians in the world watch and listen. They notice what's going on and re-tell it in a funny way. If only I could manage the latter.
Indeed, that's the true art of comedy (and story telling).

Viral advertising for Adidas. I bet they love it.

At 12/25/11 12:05 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/25/11 04:07 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/24/11 07:54 AM, Bahamut wrote: My current work won't be permanent. They've only given us a temporary task and once it's all done, that's it.
Better than no work at all, though.
Of course I know that. Far better that than being mislead to voluntary work when they said it was a genuine job.

I'd do voluntary work while on the dole, if only to stop me from going insane...

Wasn't it like that last year?
For the August meet, but the issues with work have been with us since 2008, to be honest.
That long? Aw man.

Yeah, but things have been getting gradually worse. I only know that I've done what I can and at the end of the day, I treasure my own time, as while I suddenly might have a lot more, I would also have no money to enjoy it with.

At least he's getting SOME blams, unlike squf. :P
Oh yeah, he uses his account legit from time to time, but I suspect that he runs a bot while sleeping.
Semi legit is better than no legit, I guess. :P

It's still cheating - what's to stop me from having a program that I run while I'm asleep, voting 0 on everything, to hook those last few blams every night?

Oh yeah, morals.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-26 09:24:59

Xmas part 1

I received a massive 39" x 26" canvas to adorn my bedroom wall. The scene is a wintery one from Central Park, New York. I think that it takes away from the green somewhat.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-26 09:27:46

Xmas part 2

Now this is the rest of the Xmas gear - aside from the money, which I list in no particular order:

Discworld Board Game
Pants on Fire bluffing game
Chocolate Orange
iTunes voucher (£25)
Roll the Bones (Rush)
Garage Inc (Metallica)
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Anger Management (Jack Nicholson's guide to modding General :P)
FC:UK deodorant and after shave (1972)
Whistling key fob

Now to have a look online and see if there's anything I want for the prices that I can pay.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-26 13:44:04

At 12/26/11 06:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: Monday Metal Treasures - Week 52 (FINAL): Ensiferum - The Longest Journey (Heathen Throne Part II). That's the end of Monday Metal Treasures. Now you all have to look forward to Haggard finishing off his Metal ABC.

I hope I can finish it during the new year, lol.

At 12/25/11 12:05 PM, Bahamut wrote: So obvious that I didn't consider it. Now we're onto O. Don't let Opeth be your choice. :P
Don't worry, it will not be Opeth.

I didn't even consider them.

But Christmas Day is the right day to open the presents.
Says who?
The rest of the world.

I really don't think so. Unless people who don't celebrate Christmas don't belong to "the rest of the world". And Spain neither (they open their presents on January 6th). :P

It's just a tradition in Germany that on Christmas Eve all presents are put under the Christmas Tree and opened on the same day. Maybe it's just because we are a very impatient nation?

Or maybe we are just more efficient. Delivering presents and opening them on the same day. :P

Fucking nice! 10 years of being awesome.
Not quite. I started being awesome when I discovered the Wi/Ht forum, that was around 2006/2007.
You admit to sucking ass, lol.

I think there's more than just "being awesome" or just "sucking ass". I think there are some states in between. :P

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-27 05:32:48

Coop prepares to plough through some reviews, while congratulating:
SCTE3: 4,000 Total Reviews - Had to do the maths there for you.

Listening to:
Alestorm - Black Sails At Midnight
Alice Cooper - Nothing's Free

Right, so I squeezed a few albums out of my iTubes voucher yesterday, so now I own the following:

Alestorm - Black Sails at Midnight
Bruce Dickinson - Tattooed Millionaire
Lauren Harris - Calm Before The Storm
The Sword - Gods Of The Earth

That should keep me going for a while.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-27 07:19:33

Ranked up to commander in bp points and passed 40,000 total stats.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-27 09:07:47

Listening to:

Trouble - Psalm 9

At 12/26/11 07:00 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/25/11 12:05 PM, Bahamut wrote: Of course I know that. Far better that than being mislead to voluntary work when they said it was a genuine job.
I'd do voluntary work while on the dole, if only to stop me from going insane...

Well that alone made me go insane. It'll be as if I have no future for employment so they throw me at the very bottom.

It's still cheating - what's to stop me from having a program that I run while I'm asleep, voting 0 on everything, to hook those last few blams every night?

Of course, that isn't to say I excuse the behaviour at all. If it's bad, it's still bad.

At 12/26/11 01:44 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/26/11 06:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: Monday Metal Treasures - Week 52 (FINAL): Ensiferum - The Longest Journey (Heathen Throne Part II). That's the end of Monday Metal Treasures. Now you all have to look forward to Haggard finishing off his Metal ABC.

At least you're halfway through.

Good, I'd hate to see Ozzy Osbourne on the next post.

The rest of the world.
I really don't think so. Unless people who don't celebrate Christmas don't belong to "the rest of the world". And Spain neither (they open their presents on January 6th). :P

Spain make even less sense than you guys.

Or maybe we are just more efficient. Delivering presents and opening them on the same day. :P

You're just getting Christmas over and done with.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-27 09:41:32

3000 total Saves

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-27 12:24:21

Congratulations to

ExtraLife - 10,000 Experience, Level 31 & Major
sushi13 - Level 36
Knuckstrike - Top 10 medal rank
Haggard - 10 years of NG
Rage - Level 55 - definitely one of the coolest ranks
Jolly - 23,000 Saves
SCTE3 - #2 Audio reviewer, 4,000 total reviews & rank 222 in B/P
sixflab - Commander & 40,000 Total stats
Nemo103 - 3,000 Saves

Hope that everyone had a good Christmas :-)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-27 13:09:09

At 12/27/11 09:07 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/26/11 01:44 PM, Haggard wrote:
At least you're halfway through.

That's right. And I already know which band I will chose for the next letter, I just have to check out some songs from them first.

Remember, I try to focus on "lesser known bands". Ok, it is debatable if Nile or Bloodbath are "lesser known", but at least they aren't exactly Mainstream.

The rest of the world.
Spain make even less sense than you guys.

Hehe. In spain they want to remind of the Three Wise Men. After all, they brought valuable gifts!

That's simply not true. 24th isn't a holiday here (but most workers will get half of the day free), while 25th and 26th are full holidays. Plus, christmas time is always very stressful. On 24th I'm either at my father's or my in-laws, 25th is my mom's birthday and on 26th I'm at either my father's or my in-laws, depending on who I visited on 24th. So, it's three days fully packed with family business.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-27 14:32:45

2,222 Total Review Responses

Now to try and push for a fair few more over the coming months :D

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-27 17:32:18

I'm finally in the top 250 for exp, that took a long time but I'm going to keep climbing!

Ignore this signature.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-28 04:46:43

Level up!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-28 05:22:13

20,000 EXP points.

Damn I still remember quite clearly getting half that number and being dead chuffed. Now I suppose it's time to go for 30,000 :(

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-28 05:22:30

Coop prepares to make another audio submission (finally!), while congratulating:
sixflab: 40,000 Total Points; Commander
SCTE3: #222 B/Per; 1,200 Reviews (Flash); 2,400 Reviews (Audio)
Nemo103: 3,000 Saves
Martin: 47,000 B/P
DrHood: Top 250 Experienced
Luke: Level 33

Listening to:
The Sword - How Heavy This Axe
Lauren Harris - Steal Your Fire

At 12/27/11 09:07 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/26/11 07:00 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/25/11 12:05 PM, Bahamut wrote: Of course I know that. Far better that than being mislead to voluntary work when they said it was a genuine job.
Well that alone made me go insane. It'll be as if I have no future for employment so they throw me at the very bottom.

The way to look at it is that it's something to fill your time and you'll look better if you head into an interview having done voluntary, while searching for work.

Of course, that isn't to say I excuse the behaviour at all. If it's bad, it's still bad.

Exactly. Let's not go there.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-28 07:25:52

Listening to:

Ludicra - Fex Urbis Lex Orbis

At 12/27/11 01:09 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/27/11 09:07 AM, Bahamut wrote: At least you're halfway through.
That's right. And I already know which band I will chose for the next letter, I just have to check out some songs from them first.

I'm glad you do have something in mind. Now that Monday Metal Treasures is all over, we only have your posts to look forward to. :P

Remember, I try to focus on "lesser known bands". Ok, it is debatable if Nile or Bloodbath are "lesser known", but at least they aren't exactly Mainstream.

Nile are one of the key death metal bands.

That's simply not true. 24th isn't a holiday here (but most workers will get half of the day free), while 25th and 26th are full holidays.

Then open your damn presents on the 25th,

At 12/28/11 05:22 AM, Gagsy wrote: 20,000 EXP points.

Damn I still remember quite clearly getting half that number and being dead chuffed. Now I suppose it's time to go for 30,000 :(

I'll be there in 345 days time. So that'll be next December.

At 12/28/11 05:22 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/27/11 09:07 AM, Bahamut wrote: Well that alone made me go insane. It'll be as if I have no future for employment so they throw me at the very bottom.
The way to look at it is that it's something to fill your time and you'll look better if you head into an interview having done voluntary, while searching for work.

To be honest, I've done enough voluntary work in the past. Had it not been for my temporary work, I'd have a stronger hatred towards everyone. The job centre, the government and all those employer cunts.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-28 10:45:28

At 12/25/11 12:05 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/24/11 10:42 AM, Auz wrote: Apart from Mastodon I can't say I know any of the other bands.
Heh, I'm surprised you'd even know them. I suppose their success has gone far enough to have been a name for non-metal fans.

I can't say I really know much about their music though. I think I might've overheard a conversation about them by you and Coop or Haggard. Otherwise perhaps some of my friends talked about them once.

Ah well, I'm sure they acted silly as well at that age.
They may have done so but they like to forget about it and think they're all perfect.

Oh well, what can you do?

Lol. Well there will always be noobs. And by the way, can't you upgrade to a Prenium account by buying something from the store? I heard the cheapest thing was like $0.40 or so, so I'm sure plenty of people will upgrade anyway if Prenium accounts get any good benefits.
Yeah, you could do that. Even if that's the case, it still weeds out many players.

That's true, but I have to say that I can hardly tell anymore who's F2P and who isn't (just judging from their playing styles). Maybe you should give the game another try someday.

At 12/25/11 08:19 AM, Auz wrote: Yeah, I don't know. I'm a very calm guy usually, but perhaps I would've done the same as Esteban. I can imagine I might panic a bit at first.
Exactly. I think he paniced there for a bit, that's why he kicked the guy lying on the floor and that's why he was about to punch the guard that came onto the pitch.

Indeed. But still, he does seem like the kind of guy that gets easily worked up. A lot of football players are like that.

Ha! Funny that the refs didn't always speak the language of the players. That must've lead to more problems than this case.
"Wembley Goal" comes to my mind there... even though it was the linesman and the referee that didn't share a language, lol.

I just watched it. Lol!

But was it really the case that they didn't understand each other? Seemed more like the linesman thought it was in, while the ref thought it wasn't at first.

Perhaps Platini appreciated it that he kicked a Spaniard in the neck?
Platini is one of the biggest assholes in football. >:(

He is! Plus he's way too conservative if you ask me. How many game-determining wrong decisions by refs does he need before he finally agrees to put a guy behind a TV screen for a second opinion? This would spare everyone so much hassle and would make the game much more fair (gives referees less room to be one-sided for instance).

All playing in Germany I guess?
Yes. Kroos playing at Bayern, Reus at Mönchengladbach and Götze at Dortmund.

Ah I see. I believe most German players prefer to stay in Germany anyway, don't they? I don't know that many good German footballers playing outside of their country.

Yeah, well if you just look at the past winners of the CL and UC it is pretty easy to see that the Bundesliga must be the better league.
But still not as good as the Premier League or the Primera División.

Or the Serie A for that matter. Well... the Serie A has its ups and downs.

At 12/23/11 07:00 PM, Haggard wrote:
I know Hitler massively fucked up the time zones in Europe, but I'm pretty sure it's still very light outside in Germany at noon.
12 am is midnight, you fool. :P

Aaaaahaha I don't think so. I looked it up actually to be sure and I pretty much found that 12 AM is a bullshit way to state the time as it's unclear. Therefore you should say 12:00 midnight or 12:00 noon or something along those lines. Or just say 00:00 and 12:00 in the 24 hours system as it's superior in my opinion...

Anyway, I kind of assumed that you meant 12 noon as you posted somewhere in the afternoon, didn't you?

Pic below.
Nice.

Thank you ^^

At 12/26/11 09:27 AM, Coop wrote: Anger Management (Jack Nicholson's guide to modding General :P)

Jack Nicholson makes one of the best faces in film history.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-28 13:34:26

At 12/28/11 07:25 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/27/11 01:09 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/27/11 09:07 AM, Bahamut wrote: At least you're halfway through.
I'm glad you do have something in mind. Now that Monday Metal Treasures is all over, we only have your posts to look forward to. :P

That's an incentive to post them more regularly.

Heh, well I'm not that much into death metal. ^^
But bands/people like Ozzy, Maiden or AC/DC are so well known that even people who don't listen to metal or hard rock know who they are. Can't say that for bands like Nile. ;)

That's simply not true. 24th isn't a holiday here (but most workers will get half of the day free), while 25th and 26th are full holidays.

But why? Give me one good reason apart from "because the rest of the world does so".
Also, would be kind of hard to break with such an old tradition.
Anyway, I did open some presents on the 25th (because I recieved them on 25th) if that's more the way you like it. ;)

At 12/28/11 10:45 AM, Auz wrote:
At 12/25/11 08:19 AM, Auz wrote: Ha! Funny that the refs didn't always speak the language of the players. That must've lead to more problems than this case.
"Wembley Goal" comes to my mind there... even though it was the linesman and the referee that didn't share a language, lol.
I just watched it. Lol!
But was it really the case that they didn't understand each other? Seemed more like the linesman thought it was in, while the ref thought it wasn't at first.

"The England players celebrated a goal, but the referee Gottfried Dienst was uncertain if it had been a goal. He consulted his linesman, Tofik Bakhramov from the Soviet Union, after non-verbal communication, as they had no common language, the Swiss referee awarded the goal to the home team."

Perhaps Platini appreciated it that he kicked a Spaniard in the neck?
Platini is one of the biggest assholes in football. >:(
He is! Plus he's way too conservative if you ask me. How many game-determining wrong decisions by refs does he need before he finally agrees to put a guy behind a TV screen for a second opinion? This would spare everyone so much hassle and would make the game much more fair (gives referees less room to be one-sided for instance).

Well, we can't have decisions based on video footage for everything, but just a simple goal camera would help a lot already. I mean, we have so many referees already: The main ref, two linsemen, in international matches the ref behind the goal and the one near the benches. One more guy watching a TV screen and deciding if a goal should be awarded wouldn't hurt.

Also: Worst phantom goal ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o5IYQKEl E4
Sorry, commentary is only available in german.

All playing in Germany I guess?
Yes. Kroos playing at Bayern, Reus at Mönchengladbach and Götze at Dortmund.
Ah I see. I believe most German players prefer to stay in Germany anyway, don't they? I don't know that many good German footballers playing outside of their country.

Yes, it's quite surprising. Some years ago, in the 90's, many players of the national team played in Italy. Nowadays almost all players are playing in Germany (except for Özil and Khedira, who play at Real Madrid).

At 12/23/11 07:00 PM, Haggard wrote:
I know Hitler massively fucked up the time zones in Europe, but I'm pretty sure it's still very light outside in Germany at noon.
12 am is midnight, you fool. :P
Aaaaahaha I don't think so. I looked it up actually to be sure and I pretty much found that 12 AM is a bullshit way to state the time as it's unclear. Therefore you should say 12:00 midnight or 12:00 noon or something along those lines. Or just say 00:00 and 12:00 in the 24 hours system as it's superior in my opinion...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_am redirects to "Midnight".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_PM redirects to "Noon".
QED. :P

Anyway, I kind of assumed that you meant 12 noon as you posted somewhere in the afternoon, didn't you?

I posted it at around 0:30 GMT +1. ;)

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-29 06:49:04

My latest creation - listen and vote on it please. I did get a little narked that the first vote was a blind 0, so I could do with some actual votes to get some decetn weight of how people are taking this one.

Coop gets his writing project steered towards completion, before congratulating:
Gagsy: 20,000 Experience
Alex616: Gold Whistle

Listening to:
Bruce Dickinson - Hell On Wheels
Foo Fighters - Have It All

Thank you to:
Odyssic

At 12/28/11 07:25 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/28/11 05:22 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/27/11 09:07 AM, Bahamut wrote: Well that alone made me go insane. It'll be as if I have no future for employment so they throw me at the very bottom.
To be honest, I've done enough voluntary work in the past. Had it not been for my temporary work, I'd have a stronger hatred towards everyone. The job centre, the government and all those employer cunts.

Harsh world, isn't it?

At 12/26/11 09:27 AM, Coop wrote: Anger Management (Jack Nicholson's guide to modding General :P)
Jack Nicholson makes one of the best faces in film history.

Yes, that is true, but I need something to get me by on the film front until next December, when The Hobbit comes out. On the TV Front, that includes Great Expectations and the World's Strongest Man

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-29 07:18:47

I've reached level 52 now, only 8 more to go! I'm gonna miss my sword though, sword icons are my favorite here. Before i forget...

Happy newyear to all of you my fellow NG users!

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-29 08:28:08

Listening to:

Battleroar - To Death and Beyond...

At 12/25/11 12:05 PM, Bahamut wrote: Heh, I'm surprised you'd even know them. I suppose their success has gone far enough to have been a name for non-metal fans.
I can't say I really know much about their music though. I think I might've overheard a conversation about them by you and Coop or Haggard. Otherwise perhaps some of my friends talked about them once.

This is a question we should ask Coop and Haggard. What do THEY think of Mastodon?

They may have done so but they like to forget about it and think they're all perfect.
Oh well, what can you do?

Not a whole lot other than stating the fact about these losers.

Yeah, you could do that. Even if that's the case, it still weeds out many players.
That's true, but I have to say that I can hardly tell anymore who's F2P and who isn't (just judging from their playing styles). Maybe you should give the game another try someday.

Tried it, game still looks shit, uninstalled.

At 12/28/11 01:34 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/28/11 07:25 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm glad you do have something in mind. Now that Monday Metal Treasures is all over, we only have your posts to look forward to. :P

I'm glad you have more encouragement now. And no, there is no round 2 for MMT.

Neither am I but their name sounds almost as big as Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel.

But bands/people like Ozzy, Maiden or AC/DC are so well known that even people who don't listen to metal or hard rock know who they are. Can't say that for bands like Nile. ;)

To be fair, I have had a few big songs on my posts so I am guilty there.

But why? Give me one good reason apart from "because the rest of the world does so".

Learn about the origins of Christmas. :P

Anyway, I did open some presents on the 25th (because I recieved them on 25th) if that's more the way you like it. ;)

I opened a present yesterday.

At 12/29/11 06:49 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/28/11 07:25 AM, Bahamut wrote: To be honest, I've done enough voluntary work in the past. Had it not been for my temporary work, I'd have a stronger hatred towards everyone. The job centre, the government and all those employer cunts.
Harsh world, isn't it?

It is but I'll say that I deserve to get at least something. I won't take shit from any of these scumbags.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-29 13:45:46

At 12/29/11 08:28 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/25/11 12:05 PM, Bahamut wrote: Heh, I'm surprised you'd even know them. I suppose their success has gone far enough to have been a name for non-metal fans.
This is a question we should ask Coop and Haggard. What do THEY think of Mastodon?

Nothing. I don't listen to them. But not because I don't like them, it's just that I never started listening to them. ^^

At 12/28/11 01:34 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/28/11 07:25 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm glad you do have something in mind. Now that Monday Metal Treasures is all over, we only have your posts to look forward to. :P
I'm glad you have more encouragement now. And no, there is no round 2 for MMT.

That's too bad. But I'm sure you will come up with something else instead. ;)

Neither am I but their name sounds almost as big as Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel.

Well, I can't really argue about that. I wouldn't say they are as big as CC or MA, but on the other hand, Nile have been around since 1993, so they must have had at least SOME influence on today's Death Metal.

To be fair, I have had a few big songs on my posts so I am guilty there.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

Learn about the origins of Christmas. :P

Yeah, but the origins of Christmas can't compete against tradition, man.
Also, I found out that in Poland and in some scandinavian countries the kids open their presents on 24th as well. So the "rest of the world" argument is rendered invalid. :P
BUT: I found an article which stated "the kids just couldn't wait until next day", so there comes the "impatient" argument into play again. XD

I opened a present yesterday.

You should've waited until January 6th, as a tribute to the spanish kids.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-29 14:28:40

I just got to level 6.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-29 16:23:14

Congratulations to

Martin - 47,000 B/P
Coop - 2,222 Total review responses
DrHood - Top 250 Exp
SCTE3 - 1,200 Reviews, 1,400 Audio reviews
Luke - Level 33
Gagsy - 20,000 Exp
Alex616 - Golden whistle
Dent0n - Level 52 (don't worry, there's still the level 55 sword to get)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-12-29 16:26:56

Please forgive the double post - I just got back into the top 500 B/Pers. Last time I was there, I was only ranked corporal - things have moved on a bit since then...

BBS Signature