00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

applessmillion just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

229,675 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-08 23:46:20

I'm not really interested in joining but I just thought I'd leave a comment. I think people, under the name of religion get into war because as followers they tend to not stand up for the love and peace the religions promote, by turning away from their religion and resorting to human instincts. And somewhere in the mix they keep on bringing up the name of God to make whatever they do seem holy. This I think has lead to disbelief. Catholics are not the only Christians. Even though they are the majority, their teachings, practices and views arent held by all Christians.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-10 07:01:02

At 6/8/07 08:05 PM, AshfordGivens wrote: do you athiests belive in anything? The whole idea of an athiest army just reaks of arrogance. Your no better than the synidcate scum that terrorizes newgrounds.

you are an idiot

ha ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-10 08:36:15

At 6/8/07 08:05 PM, AshfordGivens wrote: do you athiests belive in anything? The whole idea of an athiest army just reaks of arrogance. Your no better than the synidcate scum that terrorizes newgrounds.

Onward christian soldiers.... marching of to waaar!

Ring a bell?

The crusades?

Hmmmm....?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-10 18:40:20

At 6/10/07 08:36 AM, DarkDepts wrote:
At 6/8/07 08:05 PM, AshfordGivens wrote:
Onward christian soldiers.... marching of to waaar!

Ring a bell?

The crusades?

Hmmmm....?

March forth comrades!

Remember anything?

The USSR

Hmmm?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 11:31:42

Re: I'm the idiot?

At 6/10/07 10:29 PM, AshfordGivens wrote: Your the stupid atheist here and your not only gambling with your soul but the souls of others.

I'm not taking any chances with my soul. and i make it to the afterlife.

I'll be the one laughing while you and your atheist army burn in hell.

lol atheist burger with fries.

you been pwned

-AshfordGivens

Jeez. Convincing. I didn't bother responding intelligently to this PM, as I'm not sure if Ashford is an alt account and I don't want to waste time telling one person who doesn't care and wont listen why they're wrong.

I've always thought that religious people are playing with their souls a lot more, because I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, but they are willing to throw their soul into some arbitary moral equation that God does, their willingness apparent every time they acknowledge their religion. I am not taking any chances with my soul, because I don't believe in any of it. And if Ashford is trying to use Pascal's wager, God wouldn't want me to pretend to believe in him because I'm afraid of Hell, nor do I believe things because I fear the consequences but because I care about the truth. True religious belief shows a willingness to play dice with the fate of your soul; despite how convinced you are that you'll go to Heaven for accepting Jesus, there are people who have read the Bible far harder than you who reckon you need to do a whole lot more.

Like, as if morality is that clear cut that it even makes sense, or as if it's really that fair to punish people with severe autism or whatever because they don't know how to act towards other people, or as if the morals from the Bible matter at all, as if what consentual people do with their genitals has any moral bearing on them - garbage.

And we know what happens when we die - we know enough about the human body to know that the brain is where the conciousness is; we even know enough to know that if you damage certain parts then memories or personality or whatever is altered, and we know that when blood stops going to the brain it dies. We also know that our brains are very similar to a dog's brain or a monkey's brain or a dinosaur's brain, and we don't assume they have a Heaven. Otherwise Hell would be crawling with dinosaurs and alligators and mosquitos, and you can't actually call those creatures 'immoral', they're just 'surviving'. Mosquitos don't think, "have I been a good mosquito today," or, "I could've been a better mosquito," they just live; society is what imposes such abstract concepts as complex morality upon us. Indeed, every animal pack has some kind of integral 'moral code'.

God is a dick if he knows all that was and will ever be, if he created Ted Bundy's personality and sociopathy and knew he'd cause a lot of grief on Earth to many families and would then burn in Hell for all eternity.

And then there's the constant argument against any religion which is, how do you know the Hindus aren't right, and every time you go to Church or praise Jesus, God gets a little more pissed off?

Ashfordgivens is retarded. As is religion.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 11:41:53

Not to sound too cocky, either, but if Ashfordgivens is actually one year older than me, it's very obvious who is, and always will be, stupider.

But I've always thought he appeared at a good time for the SS, and now he's in this thread making retarded flames, I think he's an alt. Like, "woooh, aren't I funny trying to wind up atheists lol atheists on newgrounds are all 13-year-old rebel idiots, I think, because I'm a Christian."

The religious do not believe in rational proof for God, they just believe that rational disproof does not exist, and therefore they have room to believe. And they believe because they believe. There are all sorts of sociological and psychological explanations for why one would want to believe in God.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 12:47:43

Rape is funny...

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 13:38:11

*randomly jumps into topic*

How so? I don't see the arrogance in it. Atheism is just the absence of religion. If people want to be unified and discuss the reasons and purpose of being this way, let them. I think organization of Atheists is a good idea, considering Atheism is certainly not accepted generally among other groups of people. Saying your Atheist is these days like admitting you have some spreadable disease.

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 15:42:01

At 6/11/07 11:41 AM, Earfetish wrote: Not to sound too cocky, either, but if Ashfordgivens is actually one year older than me, it's very obvious who is, and always will be, stupider.

You do sound a bit cocky. my extra year on this planet makes me automaticlly smarter than you.

But I've always thought he appeared at a good time for the SS, and now he's in this thread making retarded flames, I think he's an alt. Like, "woooh, aren't I funny trying to wind up atheists lol atheists on newgrounds are all 13-year-old rebel idiots, I think, because I'm a Christian."

I also believe in all the other religions too such as shinto , buddism and islam. Just so i'm covered in the after life.

The religious do not believe in rational proof for God, they just believe that rational disproof does not exist, and therefore they have room to believe. And they believe because they believe. There are all sorts of sociological and psychological explanations for why one would want to believe in God.

Next you'll tell me star syndicate movies are entertaining. you make me sick. Your syndicate atheist rat scum.

You been pwned again.

-AshfordGivens

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 15:50:29

mr fetish check your next PM. I'll leave you guys alone from now but don't say i didn't warn you guys about playing with fire.

as for the star syndicate. they can play with fire all they want. I don't give a fuck. I wish em death for subjecting newgrounds to such shitty movies.

peace out

-ashfordGivens

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 18:37:39

At 6/11/07 03:42 PM, AshfordGivens wrote: You do sound a bit cocky. my extra year on this planet makes me automaticlly smarter than you.

I also believe in all the other religions too such as shinto , buddism and islam. Just so i'm covered in the after life.

Yeah definitely an alt.

btw, can I join? My philosophical position is an intricate balance of agnosticism and atheism, so I think I qualify. I've always said a healthy dose of scepticism keeps the brain oiled, particularly regarding religion.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 19:27:52

No, it was a joke jackass. I'm a good chirstain boy but i wanna make sure i'm covered in the after life just in case i might be wrong.

I only wanna make my god happy because i love that guy very much.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 19:29:29

My path to god is too complex for any of you to understand. whats wrong with believing in all the religions at once just to be safe?

Theres nothing in the bible that says you can't do that.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 19:51:22

If God is any kind of God he doesn't want you perverting many religions, picking the bits you like out of every religion you can just because you like how they sound - he'd view that as a great disrespect. All of the Bible is correct and none of it is about meditation or Vishnu or Mohammed, and if any of those guys are right the rest are not compatible.

I know that loads of people have a pick-and-mix attitude to religion, but the word for it is heresy.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 20:02:29

God wouldn't be such an ass just because i wanna make sure i got the right path to my lord.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 20:04:26

At 6/11/07 08:02 PM, AshfordGivens wrote: God wouldn't be such an ass just because i wanna make sure i got the right path to my lord.

and so what i take a few detours on my path to god?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 20:14:47

not to sound dumb or anything but whats heresy?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 20:14:49

At 6/11/07 08:04 PM, AshfordGivens wrote: and so what i take a few detours on my path to god?

if you're allowed to be naughty how come atheists can't just live moral lives

if God doesn't care about you screwing it up for other people occasionally then why would he still want everyone to grovel to him all the time

God seems to have some screwy priorities

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 20:21:07

At 6/11/07 08:14 PM, Earfetish wrote: if you're allowed to be naughty how come atheists can't just live moral lives

Why live a moral life when you can just do whatever you want anyways? You said itself yourself there is no god, no hell, no nothing.

It's anarchy!

if God doesn't care about you screwing it up for other people occasionally then why would he still want everyone to grovel to him all the time

it's just god's plan

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-11 20:34:30

At 6/11/07 08:21 PM, AshfordGivens wrote:
At 6/11/07 08:14 PM, Earfetish wrote: if you're allowed to be naughty how come atheists can't just live moral lives
Why live a moral life when you can just do whatever you want anyways? You said itself yourself there is no god, no hell, no nothing.

It's anarchy

Personally I dont need incentive to live a moral life. I don't need the threat of hell to coax me into doing the right thing. I do it because I want to be humane. Ultimately I don't need a supreme being to convince be to be a good person.

it's just god's plan

Thats a catch all excuse. If god does have a plan for use why even make bad people in the first place. Does that imply that god does have plan, yet it is up to our discretion whether we abide by it? The entire concept of "God's Plan" contradicts everything we have been told about Heaven and hell. God tells us what is moral, and that we should follow these morals, yet he knows whether we're going to or not?

Heresy is the along the lines of blasphemy.

Its the internet. Quit bitching and get over yourself.

People I heart: Dropkicked, Mendou, Animetal, Jew193, Fremen

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-12 06:51:07

At 6/11/07 07:29 PM, AshfordGivens wrote: My path to god is too complex for any of you to understand. whats wrong with believing in all the religions at once just to be safe?

Because all religions (except Baha'i) claim exclusivity.

Theres nothing in the bible that says you can't do that.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6)

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-21 22:36:58

im joining the whole religion thing is too much bull for me im 13 (raised christain but switched athiest) but i have never really beleved wahts the point? Jesus made up god becase he needed an imaginary friend and thats what he got and my picture about the end i have figured it out life is like a pack of gum once its done its done

The Atheist Army

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-23 23:48:06

At 6/21/07 10:36 PM, Logan033 wrote: im joining the whole religion thing is too much bull for me im 13 (raised christain but switched athiest) but i have never really beleved wahts the point? Jesus made up god becase he needed an imaginary friend and thats what he got and my picture about the end i have figured it out life is like a pack of gum once its done its done

Your just being a teenage rebel why can't you just take up smoking or have unprotected sex instead?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-24 16:31:04

Greetings, bertheren, I am HOME

Can I join? I'm all over the Poli forums on religion topics fighting the delusionals.

VOTE KUCINICH! Break the stranglehold of the corporate elite over this country!

Hint: click the sig for my MySpace. Fuck anonymity.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-25 11:31:44

At 6/21/07 10:36 PM, Logan033 wrote:

Jesus made up god becase he needed an imaginary friend and thats what he got and my picture about the end i have figured it out life is like a pack of gum once its done its done

You're obviously an idiot.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-26 01:21:17

The Atheist Army (7,808 views, 661 replies)

This is post 662. once this club reaches 666 satan will appear.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-26 01:30:18

I'd like to join. I think religion is a bunch of hogwash. I'm tired of so many Christians defending atheistic arguments by quoting the bible. "asaiiah, chapter 16" it's like c'mon! Don't they know that we accept FACTS not works of fiction? I think the whole idea of god is hogwash. Not only is it scientifically impossible for god to exist, there is, even if he did exist, really no need for one. I also don't get why so many find evolution and the big bang hard to believe and yet find some invisible guy speaking the world into existence more logical. Faith is fine and all, but seriously, some of them don't even back up their claims with facts, keep blurting the same shit over and over, and actually have the audacity to say we're all going to hell for questioning them. That to me is stupid.

Me: sex is fun God: it is more fun alone.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-26 02:33:56

Being atheist is the only logical way as I see it. Even though when you get right down to it, being an athiest is really depressing. Every day you have to face the fact that there is no god and your going to die and that will be that. It really isn't a plesant thought.... . . . So I say it's better to have beliaved than be left with nothing. ON THE OTHER HAND all the athiest could be wrong and we will all go to hell. lol ain't life suck?

YES, smileys are people too.

click the pic for something REALLY dirty!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-26 11:47:33

At 6/26/07 02:33 AM, QTB wrote: Being atheist is the only logical way as I see it. Even though when you get right down to it, being an athiest is really depressing. Every day you have to face the fact that there is no god and your going to die and that will be that. It really isn't a plesant thought.... . . . So I say it's better to have beliaved than be left with nothing. ON THE OTHER HAND all the athiest could be wrong and we will all go to hell. lol ain't life suck?

Being an atheist isn't depressing. I think living your life without fear of going to hell is great.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-26 12:30:31