00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

zackstack96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

230,626 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-26 15:20:53

Lemme join, I'm cool, and besides, I think I meet all the requirements:

Don't believe in god- Check

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-26 16:23:14

I'm not looking to join, i'm not looking to mock you or to throw beliefs at you. I've been studying world religion for quite some time and it appeals to all sorts of people. I'm sure if you guys found the right literature regarding this topic you'd think differently. And again im not forcing beliefs on you, i'm just saying.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-26 17:14:25

At 6/26/07 11:47 AM, distantgamer wrote:
At 6/26/07 02:33 AM, QTB wrote: Being atheist is the only logical way as I see it. Even though when you get right down to it, being an athiest is really depressing. Every day you have to face the fact that there is no god and your going to die and that will be that. It really isn't a plesant thought.... . . . So I say it's better to have beliaved than be left with nothing. ON THE OTHER HAND all the athiest could be wrong and we will all go to hell. lol ain't life suck?
Being an atheist isn't depressing. I think living your life without fear of going to hell is great.

Same here. I'm guessing QTB is new to atheism. When I first came to the conclusion that there is no god, it was hard for me to get rid of 13 years of dogma as well. But that feeling soon died, and now I'm able to live a carefree life. The best thing to do is just not to worry about where you are going when you die, and just live life to it's fullest.

Me: sex is fun God: it is more fun alone.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-26 17:18:58

At 6/26/07 04:23 PM, Kreator0943 wrote: I'm not looking to join, i'm not looking to mock you or to throw beliefs at you. I've been studying world religion for quite some time and it appeals to all sorts of people. I'm sure if you guys found the right literature regarding this topic you'd think differently. And again im not forcing beliefs on you, i'm just saying.

Well then, I have every right to disagree. Tho I have found literature of a certain brand of belief, however, I don't consider it a belief. I'm not only an atheist, but a laveyan satanist. Now, you may be thinking "this is an oxymoron!" but lavey's brand is atheistic, we don't believe in any gods/gods, it's more a philosophy based on such famous philosophers as ayn rand, friedrech neitzche, and ragnar redbeard. Wow, bet you didn't see that one coming. No offense, but, I doubt any ammount of religious, or spiritual material will convert me from atheism.

I've studied religion, I know a lot about many different beliefs, and in my mind, they're all hogwash. Sorry, just my opinion. Thanks anyway tho.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-27 00:37:47

Same here. I'm guessing QTB is new to atheism. When I first came to the conclusion that there is no god, it was hard for me to get rid of 13 years of dogma as well. But that feeling soon died, and now I'm able to live a carefree life. The best thing to do is just not to worry about where you are going when you die, and just live life to it's fullest.

I'm not new at atheism (just to let you know, I meant for the people that just become atheist, Not myself. And yes, I already past that feeling a while back.

P.S.
Your a beautiful poet. (wink, wink)

tonight at my house, 7:30 p.m.

YES, smileys are people too.

click the pic for something REALLY dirty!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-27 10:59:50

At 6/26/07 05:18 PM, OPIUMSKUM wrote:
I've studied religion, I know a lot about many different beliefs, and in my mind, they're all hogwash. Sorry, just my opinion. Thanks anyway tho.

For a minute there i thought you were saying something productive and smart and wouldnt end with being a smartass but you did. Weed user huh? Enjoy your low paying future buddy.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-27 16:42:54

At 6/27/07 10:59 AM, Kreator0943 wrote:
At 6/26/07 05:18 PM, OPIUMSKUM wrote:
For a minute there i thought you were saying something productive and smart and wouldnt end with being a smartass but you did.

Smartass? That was not a smartass comment. I said my opinion, which is that spirituality is a bunch of unnecessary hogwash. I wasn't being a smartass, I was stating my honest opinion, and my honest opinion is that religion is an illogical, fallacy. A pile of myth, lies, and false prophecies used to instill guilt, and moral obligation unto the unsuspecting masses.

And when I said thanks anyway, tho, I meant it. There was no sarcasm. I really meant it. Thanks for the offer, but I'm not interested. There's nothing wrong with that, is there? Last time I checked, I DO live in America. Land where I can freely express my opinion. I respect others beliefs, no matter how stupid I think they are, people have a right to whatever belief they want, so no, I was not being a smart allack, there was no sarcasm, in there anywhere. I sincerely thank you for the offer, but I am uninterested.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-27 16:48:10

And as for me smoking marijuana. I research things before I injest ANY drug or behavior altering substance. I have researched marijuana and have found that, under moderation, it is no more, and maybe even less, harmful than alcohol. And about a hundred times less dangerous than cigarettes. So, I have every right to enjoy myself, as long as I am not harming myself, or others, I see no problem in occasionally smoking it. I have fun for an hour, every once and a while, and then I go do what I need to do. Indulgence, NOT compulsion. I take things in moderation, and am not a slave to my addictions. So, I do not appreciate you saying I am a low life, or will have no future just because I occasionally partake in the recreational use of marijuana.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-27 17:39:30

Sweet Jesus, I have to join. I just didnt think anybody would be able to handle so much flaming.

puts on flame-proof suit

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-27 17:50:22

At 6/27/07 04:48 PM, OPIUMSKUM wrote: And as for me smoking marijuana. I research things before I injest ANY drug or behavior altering substance. I have researched marijuana and have found that, under moderation, it is no more, and maybe even less, harmful than alcohol. And about a hundred times less dangerous than cigarettes. So, I have every right to enjoy myself, as long as I am not harming myself, or others, I see no problem in occasionally smoking it. I have fun for an hour, every once and a while, and then I go do what I need to do. Indulgence, NOT compulsion. I take things in moderation, and am not a slave to my addictions. So, I do not appreciate you saying I am a low life, or will have no future just because I occasionally partake in the recreational use of marijuana.

what you say is true that some drugs are less harmful than common day items such as ciggerettes and alcahol, but that is still no reason to use them. Weed is freaking healthy compared to tobacco, and weed isnt addictive (which is probably why tobacco is sold locally because it is addictave, this means more money). But drugs like heroin and cocain is stupid man...

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-27 18:48:53

At 6/27/07 05:50 PM, Mourits wrote:
At 6/27/07 04:48 PM, OPIUMSKUM wrote: And as for me smoking marijuana. I research things before I injest ANY drug or behavior altering substance. I have researched marijuana and have found that, under moderation, it is no more, and maybe even less, harmful than alcohol. And about a hundred times less dangerous than cigarettes. So, I have every right to enjoy myself, as long as I am not harming myself, or others, I see no problem in occasionally smoking it. I have fun for an hour, every once and a while, and then I go do what I need to do. Indulgence, NOT compulsion. I take things in moderation, and am not a slave to my addictions. So, I do not appreciate you saying I am a low life, or will have no future just because I occasionally partake in the recreational use of marijuana.
what you say is true that some drugs are less harmful than common day items such as ciggerettes and alcahol, but that is still no reason to use them. Weed is freaking healthy compared to tobacco, and weed isnt addictive (which is probably why tobacco is sold locally because it is addictave, this means more money). But drugs like heroin and cocain is stupid man...

Yes, drugs like heroine and cocaine are very bad for you. Notice I said "i research everything before i injest it" and "as long as it doesn't harm MYSELF, or others, i don't see the problem" Drugs like crack, meth, and heroine are not really drugs, nor medicines, but poisons. They really have no healthy benefits whatsoever.

Besides, I wouldn't do them even if they were healthy, because I dislike anything that gives you a severe rush. Anything that makes you hyper and unable to stay calm I stay away from because I dislike the feeling.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-28 09:31:52

Either way, most pharmacuticals (see also: vioxx) are more harmful than weed. But stuff like acid and ecstacy, just fucking nasty.

VOTE KUCINICH! Break the stranglehold of the corporate elite over this country!

Hint: click the sig for my MySpace. Fuck anonymity.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-18 17:08:09

Wow, a lot of posts that talk about "why would God..." stuff.

Sorry, I won't be joining, but I do have this to say:

Haven't you ever thought for a second that there is a higher power, a true purpose for people? God is out there, whether you believe in Him or not. Whether you like it or not, every knee will bow of those who are on the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. No matter what you believe, or not believe, in the end, you will bow to Jesus Christ and proclaim Him as your Lord and Master--voluntarily or involuntarily. You will spend eternity either in everlasting bliss or eternal flames, the wrath of God.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-18 18:23:33

At 7/18/07 05:08 PM, ShirkDeio wrote: Wow, a lot of posts that talk about "why would God..." stuff.

Sorry, I won't be joining, but I do have this to say:

::

Haven't you ever thought for a second that there is a higher power

I've considered and annylized every possibility of god. And found that there is no scientific, historical, or really any empirical evidence that god exists. From that, I simply draw things to their logical conclusions. It's not that I reject the idea off the bat because there's no evidence, it's that I don't believe in anything without proof of it first. That include the chupacrabra, sasquatch, and ghosts.

:,: a true purpose for people?

My perpous is what I make it. I run my life. My own manifest destiny.

:God is out there, whether you believe in Him or not. Whether you like it or not, every knee will bow of :those who are on the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Oh dear, here we go again... "you must bow down and submit!" see, this is why no atheist will take you seriously, the whole "serve and love jesus" thing sounds like slavery. "submit or you shall burn forever in a lake of fire!" That is a threat, no matter how you try and say it.

:No matter what you believe, or not believe, in the end, you will bow to Jesus Christ and proclaim Him :as your Lord and Master-

Umm... no. You see, there's so such thing as free will. So I have a choice to disobey god and reject him, if he does exist. And if I burn in hell for it, just shows you what kind of god he really is.

:-voluntarily or involuntarily. You will spend eternity either in everlasting bliss or eternal flames, the :wrath of God.

God sounds like a bi-polar asshole if that's the way he acts. He's unfair and crewl, unjust. If I get punished for not worshipping him, that to me is no different then if the president, or whoever, told me to worship him or he was going to chop off my head. Seriously, that's just fucked. The fact that I don't have a choice just goes to show you just how unfair that whole idea really is.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-18 18:46:31

At 7/18/07 05:08 PM, ShirkDeio wrote: Haven't you ever thought for a second that there is a higher power, a true purpose for people? God is out there, whether you believe in Him or not. Whether you like it or not, every knee will bow of those who are on the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. No matter what you believe, or not believe, in the end, you will bow to Jesus Christ and proclaim Him as your Lord and Master--voluntarily or involuntarily. You will spend eternity either in everlasting bliss or eternal flames, the wrath of God.

Do you honestly belive that that's true? If you do then your obviously an idiot. The way you describe God makes me glad that I am an atheist.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-19 10:38:26

Does this club support the type of atheists that don't tolerate other religions? That try to take down religion altogether? or are you the type of atheists that respect other people's believes, keep them to themselves unless something happens which interferes with they're believes?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-19 23:47:45

At 7/19/07 10:38 AM, WORLDTHREAT wrote: Does this club support the type of atheists that don't tolerate other religions?

That try to take down religion altogether? or are you the type of atheists that respect other people's believes, keep them to themselves unless something happens which interferes with they're believes?

Well, it's the atheist army, so I imagine it's an amalgamation of both. I'm one who tolerates beliefs, but thinks that it'd be better if these supersticions were done away with. I rarely bash a person for their beliefs. I do, however, often get into debates about belief. Find them to be quite entertaining. :)

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-21 13:44:57

Sacred powers,cast your purifying light apon these corrupt souls! Rest in peace,sinners! Judgment!!

The Atheist Army

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-23 15:45:07

Sign me up! I too think that religion is useless junk made up by people with way too much power over the people and that the world would be a much better place without it...

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-23 15:59:56

what the non religious are going to round up an army and take over Newgrounds so that there will be no more religion oh well who hell cares

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-23 16:01:26

The best way to Defeat religion, Is to burn it down.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-23 16:04:12

Even though I'm not part of the army, I felt the need to post this picture:

The Atheist Army

Gamertag: Calcos323

Message me if you feel like playing my sorry ass in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, SSF4, or SSF2T HDRemix.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-23 17:20:42

At 7/21/07 01:44 PM, Eternal-Phoenix wrote: Sacred powers,cast your purifying light apon these corrupt souls! Rest in peace,sinners! Judgment!!

Such a pretty lil fairy.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-23 17:22:34

At 7/23/07 04:01 PM, Kiddmeizter wrote: The best way to Defeat religion, Is to educate people more, and make science more popular!

I couldn't agree more!

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-23 17:30:50

i'm an athiest can i join?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-23 19:56:23

At 7/23/07 05:30 PM, Slawter wrote: i'm an athiest can i join?

I think you just answered your own question.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-23 20:51:45

I think I might have posted in here years ago not sure but what's up crew.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-23 21:11:45

sweet, I'm in
it does get really annoying to see a ton of people flaming athiests just for having different views on life.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-23 21:51:54

May i join, i do not beleieve in god and this would be the perfect club for me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-23 21:55:45

At 7/23/07 05:22 PM, OPIUMSKUM wrote:
At 7/23/07 04:01 PM, Kiddmeizter wrote: The best way to Defeat religion, Is to educate people more, and make science more popular!
I couldn't agree more!

I'm religious, but here's a fact. Science won't be right, because Religious people would hate to be wrong. Religion will never be right, because pro-science people would hate being wrong. End of story.

Sig=DJ REN

PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature