00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Gym

126,657 Views | 2,009 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-08-26 15:34:26

Just heard about this club, im joining.

I have just recently bought a good weight set, bench press, dumbars the usual, i often go to my local and very small gym, but often get kicked out as i am not 16.

I haven't been training too long, around 3 months of serious training, but already the difference is huge, especially my upper body, my dad has been training for around 3 decades so he can give me the basic tips.

I haven't changed my diet much, if at all, although i have cut down on the takeaways.

So hello!

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-08-26 16:03:20

Nice to see ya Mr_Pope and helldemon666

And also, VL thats on tough list you got, how long did it take do?

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-08-26 20:49:05

At 8/26/05 04:03 PM, LookingTwiceKills wrote: Nice to see ya Mr_Pope and helldemon666

And also, VL thats on tough list you got, how long did it take do?

Just over an hour. Afterwards I feel great though, im tired but im happy i've finished my session. And usually im so hungry after that workout I eat a load of food. Not fast food or any of that shit, butu plently of carbs, fruit and fluids so that my muscles get the right nutrients to regrow and become bigger.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-08-27 02:42:13

Thats a good workout VL. I'm going to the gym this morning and I may try out thoses moves you did. Welcome new members. Its great seeing new faces coming in this gym.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-08-27 06:24:48

At 8/27/05 02:42 AM, GeneralMBison wrote: Thats a good workout VL. I'm going to the gym this morning and I may try out thoses moves you did. Welcome new members. Its great seeing new faces coming in this gym.

Yeah it is quite a good workout. For me the areas that I want to look the best are - my chest,abs,shoulders,biceps,triceps and arms. If those areas look well then your whole body will look good in my opinion.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-08-29 09:43:00

Was at a session last night, some parts are a bit hazy but I do remember playing strip somethingoranother.. Its times like that when your glad to toil all those hours working out.. It makes you feel confident when your standing on a trampoline in only your boxers surrounded by 10 other people. :)

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-08-30 05:41:30

At 8/29/05 09:43 AM, VirginLungs wrote: Was at a session last night, some parts are a bit hazy but I do remember playing strip somethingoranother.. Its times like that when your glad to toil all those hours working out.. It makes you feel confident when your standing on a trampoline in only your boxers surrounded by 10 other people. :)

ha ha ha
That must have been some session you went there, VL.
The gym i went on Sunday gave me a goos workout. Most of the time i was on the track and treadmill. On the treadmill i losted about 660 Calories (The same as a 6-pack of Mountain Dew {Each one of 110 Calories}.)

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-08-30 09:50:32

At 8/30/05 05:41 AM, GeneralMBison wrote:
At 8/29/05 09:43 AM, VirginLungs wrote: Was at a session last night, some parts are a bit hazy but I do remember playing strip somethingoranother.. Its times like that when your glad to toil all those hours working out.. It makes you feel confident when your standing on a trampoline in only your boxers surrounded by 10 other people. :)
ha ha ha
The gym i went on Sunday gave me a goos workout. Most of the time i was on the track and treadmill. On the treadmill i losted about 660 Calories (The same as a 6-pack of Mountain Dew {Each one of 110 Calories}.)

indeed it was :)

660 calories, thats alot you must have been on the threadmill for about an hour?

I could never do that as I find the threadmill boring after a while. The thing is though i've cut down big time on the amount cardio excerise i do. At 5'6 and 140lbs i'm quite lean (without being skinny) so I try to use all the calories I take in my weightliftng session. I want to use my calories for muscle growth. If i went on a treadmill often i'd just burn all those calories away y'know?

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-08-30 10:08:29

At 8/30/05 09:50 AM, VirginLungs wrote:
At 8/30/05 05:41 AM, GeneralMBison wrote:
ha ha ha
indeed it was :)

660 calories, thats alot you must have been on the threadmill for about an hour?

It took me about 50 mintues! Becuase I did it in (Incine 15.0 and speed was 4.5 to 6.5)
That made me lose a lot (about 180 calories each 10 minutes or somewhere right there.) Maybe this thursday i may go to the gym and this time do some weightlifting.

I could never do that as I find the threadmill boring after a while. The thing is though i've cut down big time on the amount cardio excerise i do. At 5'6 and 140lbs i'm quite lean (without being skinny) so I try to use all the calories I take in my weightliftng session. I want to use my calories for muscle growth. If i went on a treadmill often i'd just burn all those calories away y'know?

That would suck losing all that.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-08-30 11:11:03

At 8/30/05 10:08 AM, GeneralMBison wrote:
It took me about 50 mintues! Becuase I did it in (Incine 15.0 and speed was 4.5 to 6.5)
That made me lose a lot (about 180 calories each 10 minutes or somewhere right there.) Maybe this thursday i may go to the gym and this time do some weightlifting.

You trying to lose weight? At 660 calories at hours you'll do just that.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-08-30 15:22:06

Just checking things out here.. been a damned long time.

I'm back to my cutting phase, which totally blows chunks. I've been bulking up on beef, alot of skim cheese and the occasional cheesecake here and there.. I bulked up to 220 lbs, not too bad at 12% bf, for a 5'7" midget.

Now its back to rice, veggies and poultry/fish. -sob- I can feel the cheesecake withdrawl already.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-08-30 17:34:29

At 8/30/05 03:22 PM, Nietzschean wrote: Just checking things out here.. been a damned long time.

I'm back to my cutting phase, which totally blows chunks. I've been bulking up on beef, alot of skim cheese and the occasional cheesecake here and there.. I bulked up to 220 lbs, not too bad at 12% bf, for a 5'7" midget.

Now its back to rice, veggies and poultry/fish. -sob- I can feel the cheesecake withdrawl already.

Eh, diets are not for me. i find that if you do enough excerise,eat enough healthy foods you'll do fine.

But i am taking 2 protein shakes a day.Not only are they a great hunger buster they're the perfect thing any a weightlifting session.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-08-31 19:03:18

At 8/30/05 05:34 PM, VirginLungs wrote:
At 8/30/05 03:22 PM, Nietzschean wrote: Just checking things out here.. been a damned long time.

Eh, diets are not for me. i find that if you do enough excerise,eat enough healthy foods you'll do fine.

But i am taking 2 protein shakes a day.Not only are they a great hunger buster they're the perfect thing any a weightlifting session.

Diets and me don't go together. Yeah I do go eat Carl's Jr and McDonalds every 7 seven days. But I'm still the same weight (280 pounds) and its not all fat but muscles. Sometimes I do drink 3 protein shakes every week. If anyone eats Subway it doesn't help you but makes you more hunger for food.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-08-31 20:24:21

Ok... heres my thing.
I've been working out for about 5 months.... it consists of weight training and cardio.
I've seen very little results in muscle tone, and I can only run the same 2 miles every time.
Anyone have any suggestions on what I should to get to the next level?

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-01 13:19:48

I would like to join this club seen as i joined a gym although, i prefer keeping to my Tan soo doh, kicknastics and kick-boxing, but the gym is more of a thing to do once a week, 3 times a week i do Tan soo doh, and kicknastics once ever two weeks and the same with kick-boxing, each include a 15-20 min warm up including rotations stretches press-ups and sit-ups, so i guess i should try working on my body shape rather than fittness ant the guy rather than when i tense up you can see my muscles.

:)

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-01 17:20:23

At 8/31/05 08:24 PM, afliXion wrote: Ok... heres my thing.
I've been working out for about 5 months.... it consists of weight training and cardio.
I've seen very little results in muscle tone, and I can only run the same 2 miles every time.

Ok I think of a few reasons why you might not be getting the muscle you want. If your slim enough, quit doing cardio. Maybe do a bit twice a week but thats it. Instead for SERIOUS weight training 4 times a week. Get yourself a bench,dumbells and a barbell.
You want all the calories your intaking to be used in weightlifting, not to get burned away on a threadmill.

To work your chest and to get a broad chest do

For example your chest workout could consist of :

Pictures here.

10 reps - bench press 2 sets. (for the excerise twice)
10 reps - incline bench press. 2 sets
10 reps Dumbbell Flyes. 2 sets. I recommend this excerise as I found it brilliant and helped big time in me getting a good body.

Work your shoulders too. Pictures here.

Do some of these excerises. Again do about three or four with 10 reps and 2 sets.

Finally work your arms too. .Pictures here

Again do about 3 excerises with two sets of 10 reps in each excerise.

Also start eating more because your muscles will need more calories to help your muscles grow.

Also buy some protein power. Drink some after each workout session.

If you follow my advice I promise you, you'll notice the differences straight away. You'll become more toned and muscular

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-01 18:45:30

i dont know if this has been answered already but id like to know what creatine does, and if it works, also if you could tell me a good workout routine that would be nice

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-01 18:51:54

At 9/1/05 06:45 PM, CartesianDiver38 wrote: i dont know if this has been answered already but id like to know what creatine does,

Its a power used to make protein drinks. If you use it right it can help you become more muscular..

and if it works, also if you could tell me a good workout routine that would be nice

Check out my last post.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-01 18:57:31

i know it makes u stronget but like what r the side effects and shit i dont wanna not be able to get hard anymore or some shit

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-01 19:48:00

At 9/1/05 01:19 PM, Re-Spawn wrote: I would like to join this club seen as i joined a gym although, i prefer keeping to my Tan soo doh, kicknastics and kick-boxing, but the gym is more of a thing to do once a week, 3 times a week i do Tan soo doh, and kicknastics once ever two weeks and the same with kick-boxing, each include a 15-20 min warm up including rotations stretches press-ups and sit-ups, so i guess i should try working on my body shape rather than fittness ant the guy rather than when i tense up you can see my muscles.

)

Welcome to the club Re-Spawn. Nice fighting styles you learn. You should also join the Fight Club (It at my list of clubs down below.) there you can learn new fighting styles and teach others your moves.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-01 23:00:53

Alright, i made This post about getting in shape. Now everyone thought i was some fat fucking bastard who needed to cut down on the hostess and the twinkies... You all be damned! There work out routines would kill me. Im 6' 1 and I weigh 130. I am by no means a fat fuck.

So, without killing myself, i need a way to put on some muscles and endurance before military school. Any suggestions?

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-02 03:15:08

At 9/1/05 11:00 PM, Think_Tank15 wrote: Alright, i made This post about getting in shape. Now everyone thought i was some fat fucking bastard who needed to cut down on the hostess and the twinkies... You all be damned! There work out routines would kill me. Im 6' 1 and I weigh 130. I am by no means a fat fuck.

So, without killing myself, i need a way to put on some muscles and endurance before military school. Any suggestions?

Military school? Sucks. I recomend building yourself up gradually. Start with the same amount of reps and stuff, but increase the weights every week and a half.

And you say your endurance is shit too? Start with a quarter mile and try to go as fast as you can. If you feel you go fast enough on a quarter mile without getting messed up, try to weigh yourself down a little and try the same thing on a quarter mile. Repeat this, but increase the distance and/or weights when you feel the quarter mile is no longer a challenge.

This just a mere suggestion. If you doubt this advice, then I highly recommend you ask your physician about this or something.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-02 08:13:44

At 9/1/05 11:00 PM, Think_Tank15 wrote: Alright, i made This post about getting in shape. Now everyone thought i was some fat fucking bastard who needed to cut down on the hostess and the twinkies... You all be damned! There work out routines would kill me. Im 6' 1 and I weigh 130. I am by no means a fat fuck.

Your 6'1 and 130lbs?! fuck if anything you need to put on weight. Check out one of my long posts on this page for tips on how to build muscle.

But if you weight 130 kilos then yes, you need to lose weight. Tell me if you want to lose weight or gain muscle and i'll be able to help you.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-02 19:07:33

Hey fella's. I never ditched any of you or NG. My PC broke and it was too much to repair so I had to get a new one, and it took a while for it to be delivered.

Thanks for keeping this club going (especially to LTK and VL).

Oh, and thanks for taking over the club....I would like some of my share's back :D.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-02 23:21:10

i need help building some serious muscle for football season, im a freshman but i want to live up to our great seniors because tonight i had my first real game under the lights and its inspired me to work as hard as possible for football. also it would be great if u could tell me some sweet supplements like creatine, or whatever works to get in shape. by the way im already in pretty good shape, about 5' 11" and 155 lbs, not much body fat, my main concern is building up musce and strengthening my abs and shit

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-03 02:01:57

At 9/2/05 07:07 PM, -Nev- wrote: Hey fella's. I never ditched any of you or NG. My PC broke and it was too much to repair so I had to get a new one, and it took a while for it to be delivered.

Thanks for keeping this club going (especially to LTK and VL).

Oh, and thanks for taking over the club....I would like some of my share's back :D.

Sure thing -Nev- you now get back half of your club while VL, LTK and I own the rest. It's good to see you back here.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-03 14:21:02

At 9/2/05 11:21 PM, CartesianDiver38 wrote: i need help building some serious muscle for football season, im a freshman but i want to live up to our great seniors because tonight i had my first real game under the lights and its inspired me to work as hard as possible for football. also it would be great if u could tell me some sweet supplements like creatine, or whatever works to get in shape. by the way im already in pretty good shape, about 5' 11" and 155 lbs, not much body fat, my main concern is building up musce and strengthening my abs and shit

Ok since I sick of typing the same advice over and over again check out the first post on this page on excerises to building more muscle.

Your going to need to get a bench,barbell and dumbells for those. Think of them as an investment.

If your serious about gaining muscle mass and you actually follow my advice and do the excerises I show you then your going to have to do something else too.

If your going to be doing more excerises your going to have to feed your musicles. That means you eat more and the RIGHT TYPES OF FOOD. Eat 6 meals a day. Now I don't mean eat McDonalds and shit like that. you must eat bananas,nuts,fruit,veg,fish etc.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-03 16:07:12

At 9/3/05 02:01 AM, GeneralMBison wrote:
At 9/2/05 07:07 PM, -Nev- wrote:
Sure thing -Nev- you now get back half of your club while VL, LTK and I own the rest. It's good to see you back here.

I've taken a rest for a few days already, time to get back on track.
Nice to have you back -Nev-, keep posting in the Trivium club.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-03 16:36:31

If anyone here is reading my advice on bodybuilding etc and thinks i'm talking bullshit here is a picture of my abs after a couple of months of working out..

Trust me if you following the tips I give after a couple of months you'll have a crackin' body.

The Ng Gym

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-09-03 16:48:59

At 9/3/05 04:36 PM, VirginLungs wrote: If anyone here is reading my advice on bodybuilding etc and thinks i'm talking bullshit here is a picture of my abs after a couple of months of working out..

Trust me if you following the tips I give after a couple of months you'll have a crackin' body.

Yowsa! Like a younger Cristiano Ronaldo.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature