00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xbox 360 club.

427,211 Views | 9,765 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-12 17:22:38

At 4/12/11 03:08 PM, lifeofmystery wrote: Dean, ive already wasted a quarter of my life on oblivion.

Hah, definitely understandable. I might have to play through it again and get than final achievement so I've got 1000/1000. Sadly I never got a chance to play Shivering Isles. Maybe one day I'll get it, but it seems unlikely now.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-13 15:56:10

At 4/12/11 03:08 PM, lifeofmystery wrote: Dean, ive already wasted a quarter of my life on oblivion. Im sure ill waste even more time on it, atleast until Skyrim is out. Skyrim will bemy pimp, and i will be its bitch. lol

Haha yeah I spent three hundred hours of my life playing and completing that game as well as the expansion packs. And i'm sure when Skyrim comes out it will just be a repeat of that most likely.

ive heard a lot about viva pinata in general. never played any of them though. What is the exact premise of the game?

Well the only one I like was party animals and that was because of all the mini games lol. But haven't really played enough of Trouble in Paradise to give a detailed description of the game but ask BBM he would know more.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-13 16:59:49

At 4/12/11 05:22 PM, Dean wrote:
At 4/12/11 03:08 PM, lifeofmystery wrote: Dean, ive already wasted a quarter of my life on oblivion.
Hah, definitely understandable. I might have to play through it again and get than final achievement so I've got 1000/1000. Sadly I never got a chance to play Shivering Isles. Maybe one day I'll get it, but it seems unlikely now.

Yeah, i not an achievement hunter myself, but i really wanted to 1000/1000 oblivion. (or the equivalent when you have all the DLC achievements already done)
It took me forever, because my game would always freeze up on this one fighters guild quest. The one where you had to find the guild members a quest to do. It was like an invisible line i wold pass over, which would automatically freeze up the second you passed over it.
It was the disc of course, not a scratch on it. lol. I got it eventually when i got a new disc. great fun. I'm playing a new character now in between my borderlands time.

So how about dem mudkipz?

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-13 17:02:04

At 3/31/11 04:39 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: VIVA.

PINATA.

TROUBLE.

IN.

FUCKING.

PARADISE.

(sorry about the double post)

BBM, what is the goal of the game exactly? ive heard that viva pinata is great, but what is it exactly? what do you do? whats the goal?

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-13 18:15:51

it's a sim so it's quite open ended and there are a variety of goals that you can achieve, but essentially, the game goes as follows:

each pinata has conditions to make it appear outside your garden.
each pinata has conditions to make it visit your garden.
each pinata has conditions to make it become a resident of your garden.
each pinata has conditions to make it be happy to make children in your garden.
each pinata has two tricks and three colour variants that are unlocked by it being fed specific things.

These conditions are generally "At least X amount of Y present" where Y is a pinata, a plant, a food, a decoration, or a land type or similar. Some are a bit quirky though.

Pinata will never join your garden if there are already two of that species resident, so you are forced to romance your pinata to make more than two of anything.

Now the game's designed so that one garden could never begin to romance every pinata ever (like, the horse requires 50% grass and the hippo requires 70% water), so the goal of the game depends on what you want to do. I had a garden where I just tried to make as much money as possible (I made it into a dairy/wool farm), I had a garden where I tried to have both snow and sand environments (this is in Trouble in Paradise, the vastly superior sequel. Get TIP, not the orig), I had a garden where I just tried to attract really rare pinata.

And there are some rare pinata that have really strict or costly requirements, some that don't appear but are instead unlocked by "evolving" other pinata (ie: doing odd things that you can only pick up hints about in dialogue if at all), etc. There is a lot of content and you could quite easily sink many hours into the game without even scratching the surface.

YEAH GET VIVA PINATA

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-13 18:16:44

tl;dr

you make a garden and animals come live in your garden

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-13 18:48:58

At 4/13/11 06:16 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: tl;dr

You forgot the part about them being Pinatas.

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-13 19:53:06

At 4/13/11 06:48 PM, Oliver wrote:

and then you hit a woman with a spade until she takes it away from you

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-13 20:53:05

At 4/13/11 07:53 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:

How many times has your wife run out on you now Leo?

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-14 13:52:34

At 4/13/11 06:15 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: YEAH GET VIVA PINATA

Yeah I played it alittle bit after party animals not knowing what to expect. And didn't really get into it the first time I played it. But seems like I will get it again before too long and give it another try and see just how good the game really is.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-16 10:30:01

At 4/13/11 07:53 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 4/13/11 06:48 PM, Oliver wrote:

Seriously.

Viva pinata is just the horrors of capitalism the game. Animals don't come and live in your garden. No you trap them in massive iron boxes before feeding them and breeding them before selling them to the market to gain profit.

Also when the animals are dieing they sit there and weep on the ground in such a depressing way. It's excellent!

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-16 10:46:26

I honestly had no idea what Viva Piñata was all about but it was never really an appealing game to me. I must say though, these descriptions sure didn't change that.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-16 12:02:28

your loss man, it really is one of the most original and interesting games on xbox

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-16 13:56:00

At 4/16/11 12:02 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: your loss man, it really is one of the most original and interesting games on xbox

I'm too hooked on Bad Company 2 right now (and also too skint) to be playing anything else. I really don't understand how Black Ops is so popular when a game like this is around at the same time.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-16 14:14:45

At 4/16/11 12:02 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: your loss man, it really is one of the most original and interesting games on xbox

I love the way the game has like an animal tree. So you start off small and work your way up the bigger creatures as they eat each other.

Then profit!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-16 15:25:33

Yeah i'm sucked into playing Black Ops and Battlefield 2 online. Not the most skilled at the moment but trying to get better so that I can eventually enjoy playing on there without getting beat too bad.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-17 10:56:14

At 4/16/11 03:25 PM, Pandamir wrote: Yeah i'm sucked into playing Black Ops and Battlefield 2 online. Not the most skilled at the moment but trying to get better so that I can eventually enjoy playing on there without getting beat too bad.

I seem to play terribly on Bad Company 2's Vietnam yet I'm usually amongst the top players in the vanilla version of multiplayer. I don't what what it is about Vietnam that makes it so hard. I was mildly annoyed yesterday because I made it the whole game as the top scorer (there's an achievement for being top of the leaderboard) in Vietnam and then at the last minute some guy on the enemy team comes out of nowhere and takes the top position. I don't think I'll ever get that achievement.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-17 15:06:15

At 4/16/11 03:25 PM, Pandamir wrote: Yeah i'm sucked into playing Black Ops and Battlefield 2 online. Not the most skilled at the moment but trying to get better so that I can eventually enjoy playing on there without getting beat too bad.

I'd dispute Blackops really has little to do with skill as it does thinking around the enemy.

You'll be fine once you've learnt the maps.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-18 06:44:34

Well have been palying Black Ops online a lot today and have been getting better at playing at that high competition level. But have climbed up to sgt today from private. So will see what I can achieve tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-18 17:05:40

Thanks BBM. Next time i'm around Waterford lakes, ill go to GS and pick up a copy. By now the price should be good.
Also, what was that about the spade? remembrance of past loves gone awry? may i suggest some therapy there?

So Pandamir, your playing Battlefield two? Bad company, or the original?
I'm great at bad company 2, give me a Gol or a M95, and ill destroy. Give me almost any gun from the medic class, and i will just clear the field. i'm great on the PS3.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-19 11:42:16

At 4/18/11 05:05 PM, lifeofmystery wrote: Thanks BBM. Next time i'm around Waterford lakes, ill go to GS and pick up a copy. By now the price should be good.
Also, what was that about the spade? remembrance of past loves gone awry? may i suggest some therapy there?

No, just the came lets you beat a woman with a spade

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-19 12:02:23

she took away my tool

:(

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-19 14:08:18

At 4/18/11 05:05 PM, lifeofmystery wrote: So Pandamir, your playing Battlefield two? Bad company, or the original?
I'm great at bad company 2, give me a Gol or a M95, and ill destroy. Give me almost any gun from the medic class, and i will just clear the field. i'm great on the PS3.

I'm playing Battlefiend 2 currently on my 360 and while I may not be that good currently is because I have just started playing it only last week or so. But on the other hand I'm constantly getting better at Black Ops but only playing Barebones online right now because it's just a better competition for me then constantly having to be on the look out for a little evil Rcxd car.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-19 21:59:12

At 4/19/11 02:08 PM, Pandamir wrote: snip

Barebones is the best, no lie. I avoid anything else, cause otherwise the only deaths i get are from the little devil car. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-20 02:04:44

At 4/19/11 09:59 PM, lifeofmystery wrote: Barebones is the best, no lie. I avoid anything else, cause otherwise the only deaths i get are from the little devil car. lol

Hell my gamertag is DownhillGorilla if ya want to team up sometime on some pure team deathmatch. But last time I played on something other then barebones I went like 7 and 25 because of the damn devil car and other people.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-20 05:26:06

anybody bought the new Mortal Kombat yet? i am going to buy it tomorrow.

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-21 00:27:31

At 4/20/11 05:26 AM, darthhaze wrote: anybody bought the new Mortal Kombat yet? i am going to buy it tomorrow.

Well I have that reserved as well as the nuew duke nukem which I will be getting on the third and will probably be preocupied with those for a while. At least until Skyrim comes out then that will be the sole game I will play until I have all the achievements for it as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-21 01:05:49

anyone been enjoying portal 2
I'm loving the co op...

Our princess is always in another castle

XBL/Steam: Crimson Kevlar

Awesome Sig made by JaY11

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-21 06:28:46

At 4/21/11 01:05 AM, Bladebound wrote: anyone been enjoying portal 2
I'm loving the co op...

Yeah going to have to wait alittle bit before I can get my hands on it due to money issues. And the fact i'm moving into a new place so my game buying might get put on hold for a short time really. But will be getting Portal 2, Mortal Kombat and Duke Nukem Forever when I do get some more money though.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-05-06 00:25:44

At 1/24/10 06:20 PM, Joshsouza wrote: My dad wont get me Xbox live because he thinks that there are Pedophiles on it and rapists but isnt there a block feature or a thing where you can block voice because I really want to play with other people than just my brother on there.

he doesnt care about the whole payment thing

yes there is