00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xbox 360 club.

427,201 Views | 9,765 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-03 11:10:54

At 3/2/11 11:44 AM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: 12 for 35 is probably as cheap as your going to get it. If your good to your xbox go for it!

It is a good offer and I'd be gutted if I didn't take advantage of it only to find that the cost goes up when I need to get a new subscription. Sadly, due to recent spending, a 20th birthday party and savings for the NG London meet, I don't know if I can afford to buy it right now :(

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-03 13:08:47

At 3/3/11 11:10 AM, Dean wrote: Sadly, due to recent spending, a 20th birthday party and savings for the NG London meet, I don't know if I can afford to buy it right now :(

Buy a bottle of Vodka. I want to go to one of the NG London meets. Maybe next year. Or buy a month one for now. I don't think the prices will go up tbh.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-17 08:26:24

Posted this on the Xbox forums, but I figured it might be worth a shot dumping it here too:

I have what I consider to be quite an interesting issue. When I boot up the Xbox using the dashboard button on the controller, the Xbox seems to crash within a minute. Although when I boot up the console using the power button and then connect the controller later it seems to be fine. Just to complicate things a little more, one of my controllers still seems to crash the console even if I power up the console with the power button, rather than using the controller.

The Xbox did show 3 flashing red lights on one of the boots after crashing, but it hasn't done it on the multiple boots that I have performed since.

Does anyone have experience with this issue or is anyone able to suggest what the problem might be? I'm a little confused by this.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-17 08:50:02

At 3/17/11 08:26 AM, Dean wrote: I have what I consider to be quite an interesting issue.

I'm starting to think that this isn't an issue caused by the controllers any more. It seems more likely that its the display output crashing. I was just played Bad Company 2 successfully for maybe 15 minutes and then it crashed. I thought this was maybe just a coincidence, so I tried again. This time it lasted about the same amount of time and crashed again.

It's looking like my Xbox might be getting another trip to Germany. Either that or I'll just buy a new one. I'm still rolling on an original Xbox Arcade model here.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-25 00:07:44

At 3/17/11 08:50 AM, Dean wrote: It's looking like my Xbox might be getting another trip to Germany. Either that or I'll just buy a new one. I'm still rolling on an original Xbox Arcade model here.

Yeah my old Xbox got to the point where it would hardly read disks anymore. So I had to trade it in an get a brand new 120 gig shiny one. Which runs like a champ now and finally got an update installed on it after a million tries. But still can;t get on live due to the hit and miss broadband connection I have at my place. Which really sucks ass but everything else with it is fine.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-25 12:11:40

At 3/17/11 08:26 AM, Dean wrote:
Does anyone have experience with this issue or is anyone able to suggest what the problem might be? I'm a little confused by this.

Wait what?
Can you like... Draw a diagram or something. Like a flow chart, with ifs and then what that leads too?

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-25 18:48:19

At 3/17/11 08:50 AM, Dean wrote: It's looking like my Xbox might be getting another trip to Germany. Either that or I'll just buy a new one. I'm still rolling on an original Xbox Arcade model here.

How long you had it for? Sounds like it's kinda fucked. I've got a slim and apparently they don't ever red ring... but only because they don't have a red LED. lol. Trickery.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-25 19:39:13

I've had it a good few years now. Maybe around 4 or 5 I think. I said earlier that it was an Arcade model, but I made a mistake. It's actually older than the Arcades, because it was one of the Core models.

I am considering buying one of the new slim models and I have the money to buy one right now, but that would take quite a big chunk out of my current savings and possibly make it hard for me to attend the London meet this year, which I've been set on ever since getting back from the Manchester meet.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-25 22:31:54

Yeah, I don't think they're really built to last which is quite unfortunate. I can't really comment on the lifespan of the slim in comparison to the older models considering I've only had mine for about 6 months, but I've had no problems with mine as of yet.

I also heard that installing games onto your hard drive can help prevent any long-term problems with the console. Not sure if that would help in your current situation, but if not then perhaps it's something to bear in mind for the future.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-26 03:29:53

Yeah the only problem I have with the slim is the ultra sensitive touch buttons on the console. But it's also a blessing and a curse makes things just alittle bit easier but also can't have anything around it that mY bump into the front and possibly ruining game progress and the such.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-26 06:46:06

I didn't actually have any issues with my Xbox until the third year, I think. People seem to mock them for being unreliable, but honestly, the PS2 was a far worse experience for me. I went through about five PS2 while the console was still considered current generation.

I think I'm just going to box this Xbox up and store it with all my other video game related stuff. Sadly it will be the second system in my collection to be defunct. I have an old Commodore 64 which no longer works, but thankfully I do have one which works as well.

I'll probably wait until this coming week passes before buying a new Xbox because it's the final year of this university semester, and I have quite a bit of programming coursework to get done. Normally this wouldn't bother me so much, but there's assembly programming to do and I have to work on coding a compiler for a simple language. The assembly shouldn't be too hard, but I struggle to follow some of the code for the language compiler.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-26 09:00:03

At 3/26/11 03:29 AM, Pandamir wrote: Yeah the only problem I have with the slim is the ultra sensitive touch buttons on the console. But it's also a blessing and a curse makes things just alittle bit easier but also can't have anything around it that mY bump into the front and possibly ruining game progress and the such.

Happened to me once while I was playing Assassin's Creed. It's always nice to put your feet up near your console and hear that ominous *ding* as your console turns off. :(

At 3/26/11 06:46 AM, Dean wrote: I'll probably wait until this coming week passes before buying a new Xbox because it's the final year of this university semester, and I have quite a bit of programming coursework to get done.

What year are you in? I'm in third year and I have to be honest, without my xbox I think I'd have gone crazy over the past few months. I think having an xbox has actually made this year of uni easier for me because it's provided me with a welcome distraction when I'm sick of working on essays.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-26 09:29:21

Yeah was playing mass effect 2 and then all of a sudden "ding" and it goes back to the dashboard, was like WTF? But now I keep it to where nothing hits the console or at least nothing can get near those two very sensitive buttons.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-26 10:01:59

At 3/26/11 06:46 AM, Dean wrote: because it's the final year of this university semester

I messed that up. I meant it's the final week of the semester. Then, aside from four exams I'm free until mid September :)

At 3/26/11 09:00 AM, NEVR wrote: What year are you in? I'm in third year and I have to be honest, without my xbox I think I'd have gone crazy over the past few months. I think having an xbox has actually made this year of uni easier for me because it's provided me with a welcome distraction when I'm sick of working on essays.

I'm just about to end my second year (out of four, because Scotland has an extra year). Last year I lived on campus but I never brought my Xbox with me so it did get dull at times, especially considering I was under the legal drinking age for most of the year. This year, and probably next year, I just stayed at home and commuted everyday. It was a money saver, but not the most practical or fun solution. It did mean that I had my Xbox to play whenever I was at home though and I have to agree, they're great boredom killers.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-31 13:00:37

hey guys, quick, i need suggestions for a really good game. i need something new to play. ill take anything that's not just fighting, racing or sports.

So how about dem mudkipz?

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-31 13:05:57

At 3/31/11 01:00 PM, lifeofmystery wrote: hey guys, quick, i need suggestions for a really good game. i need something new to play. ill take anything that's not just fighting, racing or sports.

Viva Pinata TIP

Seriously.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-31 14:09:05

At 3/31/11 01:00 PM, lifeofmystery wrote: hey guys, quick, i need suggestions for a really good game. i need something new to play. ill take anything that's not just fighting, racing or sports.

Oblivion

Seriously.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-31 16:39:53

VIVA.

PINATA.

TROUBLE.

IN.

FUCKING.

PARADISE.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-31 19:23:59

At 3/31/11 04:39 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: VIVA.

PINATA.

TROUBLE.

IN.

FUCKING.

PARADISE.

Seriously.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-02 12:27:18

New Xbox ordered, bitches. Tesco conveniently have 20% off all Xbox consoles just now, so I bought one for £160. Saved myself £40. Finally I will have a nice, small, stylish Xbox sitting on my desk and not some huge white thing.

They don't come with data transfer cables, do they? If not I'm going to have to put all my saves onto my flash drive and move them across that way. Could take a while, considering it's a 2GB stick. This method will work, right?

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-03 08:58:47

At 4/2/11 12:27 PM, Dean wrote: New Xbox ordered, bitches. Tesco conveniently have 20% off all Xbox consoles just now, so I bought one for £160. Saved myself £40. Finally I will have a nice, small, stylish Xbox sitting on my desk and not some huge white thing.

They don't come with data transfer cables, do they? If not I'm going to have to put all my saves onto my flash drive and move them across that way. Could take a while, considering it's a 2GB stick. This method will work, right?

Yeah thats what I did.

Try and find a bigger stick though. I used a 16Gb one from play.com. You can also configure external hard drives to work but you might want to back up whatevers on it.

You should be find mate.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-04 06:25:17

At 4/3/11 08:58 AM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: You should be find mate.

Alright, thanks for the confirmation. Now I'm just waiting on the Tesco guy to deliver it, but they could be here between 7am and 7pm. It's about 11:30am right now. I was hoping he'd come sooner rather than later, but I really have no idea. I guess I'll just have to sit here and wait it out, since there's nobody else here to sign for it.

I'm so excited :D

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-04 09:23:59

My plan wont work because my old Xbox is dead, and I can't gain access to the data on its hard drive. Looks like it's new save files for everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-05 12:37:56

At 4/4/11 09:23 AM, Dean wrote: My plan wont work because my old Xbox is dead, and I can't gain access to the data on its hard drive. Looks like it's new save files for everything.

Transfer cable should still work, I think.

If not use a friends xbox, put your hard drive on, transfer the data (or certain content that can't be downloaded) over to the USB, and then move it back over again.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-09 08:54:22

Yeah a transfer cable saved my ass with getting my old profile over to my new 360. But also with that was not able to get on live with my old profile and thus had to create a brand new profile just for online play.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-09 11:58:47

At 4/9/11 08:54 AM, Pandamir wrote: Yeah a transfer cable saved my ass with getting my old profile over to my new 360. But also with that was not able to get on live with my old profile and thus had to create a brand new profile just for online play.

It doesn't copy the profile over. It copies the data of the profile over.

The profiles are stored on the Xbox 360's internal C:/ drive, or the H drive, whatever they call it. There you can find all the rights and permissions information for the Xbox. It's so people can't mess with the profiles externally without system tampering, you are forced to void the warranty and its much easier for Microsoft to catch you out.

Your supposed to use the account recovery tool when you change Xbox's. That downloads the xbox live permissions onto the C drive, and this is fully explained on the troubleshooter, and your even notified when you create your account.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-09 12:02:36

Ever wondered why Xbox live was so damn secure and almost mod/hack free? Hacks or mods cannot be easily localized to the profiles is why I'm sure because you need to break the xbox and gain access to the C drive (JTAG modding is different). And if they are Microsoft will probably ban you in a matter of weeks (I'm sure they ban thousands of gamertags frequently).

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-10 00:13:26

Yeah I have recoved my gamertag and transfered all that to my new console and it's still not working worth a damn. But im just using that as an offline profile now until i can get it back online of course.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-10 15:11:43

At 4/10/11 12:13 AM, Pandamir wrote: Yeah I have recoved my gamertag and transfered all that to my new console and it's still not working worth a damn. But im just using that as an offline profile now until i can get it back online of course.

Thats extremely/really odd.

You should contact Microsoft about it, they might be able to do something from there. It's not like your gamertag can be corrupt. Are you sure you recovered it after all the save stuff was transferred?

I'm not sure if anybody would be of much help or use other than somebody with administrator privileges into all this stuff. Either that or google.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-04-12 15:08:25

Dean, ive already wasted a quarter of my life on oblivion. Im sure ill waste even more time on it, atleast until Skyrim is out. Skyrim will bemy pimp, and i will be its bitch. lol

ive heard a lot about viva pinata in general. never played any of them though. What is the exact premise of the game?

So how about dem mudkipz?

BBS Signature