00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CCasey112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xbox 360 club.

427,229 Views | 9,765 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-10-28 18:06:38

When I was in a dorm, every room had their own router and we just direct connected to it for Xbox Live. Assuming you're just trying to wirelessly connect, I find it hard to believe you don't have your own router in your room since it's unreasonable to expect everyone to have a laptop when some people could have a desktop that may not have wireless capability.

I did find this page which may help. Not sure if it will even fix the problem but it's worth a try if you haven't done it already. Also, maybe see if anyone else in the dorm has an Xbox or PS3 online to see how they did it or ask the dorm staff about it. Your last resort if all of that doesn't work out could be to contact MS support but I don't wish that upon any human being so hopefully you won't have to go that far.

Also our little Canas is growing up so quickly :')

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-10-28 18:11:33

At 10/28/10 03:22 PM, Canas wrote: Surely there are other people here that are in a college dorm, and might know how to get passed this stupid fucking bullshit Microsoft has done.

Try emailing campus support, when I had troubles connecting my xbox to the campus internet I contacted them and they cleared up the problem for me (I had to register its mac address with them)

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-10-28 18:29:24

At 10/28/10 06:11 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 10/28/10 03:22 PM, Canas wrote: Surely there are other people here that are in a college dorm, and might know how to get passed this stupid fucking bullshit Microsoft has done.
Try emailing campus support, when I had troubles connecting my xbox to the campus internet I contacted them and they cleared up the problem for me (I had to register its mac address with them)

Same here, try looking up the IT department's page on your school's website. Mine had a page where you could punch in the MAC address and get yourself set up that way.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-10-28 18:40:29

At 10/28/10 06:06 PM, 36Holla wrote: I did find this page which may help.

Blargh

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-10-28 19:08:58

Well getting Fable 3 at the end of the month and hopefully it will be well worth the money spent on it. And everything i have heard points in the direction that it is well worth it, But won't be able to make my own assumption until i can get my hands on the game. And then will be on the hunt for Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, CoD Black Ops and Max Payne 3 and also Duke Nukem Forever when and if it comes out.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-11-07 07:42:31

God, am i the only one who read game informer with the bioshock: infinite cover a month ago, and drooled at the black ops review?

All the different game modes all sound so fucking win! And tomahawks?! for god sakes this game gets on my buy list just for that!!!

The ability to carve crap into your gun is pretty beastly also! I'm automatically putting crow on all my guns when i can man. (Crows are FTW.)...

And the new emblem system is pretty badass as well. The ability to make custom emblems is a well welcomed sight, indeed it is.... I wonder if it will be like taking to pre-rendered emblems (In the MW2 fashion) and mixing them, or if it will be different bits and pieces you can color and combine?
Oh well, sod it who knows until the game comes out eh?

So how about dem mudkipz?

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-11-07 11:52:56

This Xbox 360 club is awesome!, I will join this club!

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-11-07 14:29:07

Well I played through Fable 3 and it's a really awesome game to say the least really by far my favorite of the series. Now i'm just waiting for Black Ops and Assassins Creed Brotherhood to come out and I will be occupied for a pretty good while once they do lol. Then will get Max Payne 3 when it comes out in December.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-11-09 08:40:19

Just bought Black Ops... I may or may not deliver a verdict of some sort later. For now I'll just say "raaahh".

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-11-24 20:14:49

I bought black ops for the PS3, so yeah.

I find the campaign to be intereting, but about just as interesting as MW2's.

multiplayer is a good bit better than MW2's as well.

if you thought that the attachment's for the weapons were good then awesome! if you thought that it was lacking in aesthetic changes though, the thats also awesome! you can change your gun to be more badass this time around. you can change the aim's shape and color , and also carve your clan tag, add your emblem, and use multitudes of different camo.

there are also wager matches, which you can win money in. there are three levels, each with higher payouts. the first two allow you to choose which mode you want to play on, while the third is randomly selected.

- In the first mode, you do not have to pay anything to start playing. and you can choose from the 4 wager match modes; one in the chamber, sticks and stones, gun game, and sharpshooter. the payouts of winning any of these though is low.

- The second mode is with higher payout. but to even start a match, you must have atleast 1000 cod points (CASH). the payouts are extremely higher than the first mode, giving you winnings of third place 1200, second place 1800, and first place 3000.

- The final mode requires you to have at least 10,000 cod points to even play. i have never tried it, but i would imagine the winnings are massive, perhaps 12,000, 18,000, and 30,000.

I say you should buy the game, the multiplayer is great, but albeit a good amount like MW2. campaign is also okay, and the zombies are great. all in all, ill give it my 8.1 / 10. buy it.

my first review. rubbish spelling, punctuation, and thinking eh? oh well, im off to play borderlands.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-12-15 15:53:59

you all died and left me as custodian didnt yall? were boned...... oh well...

he gaming awards show or whatever it was called announced two epic games would be coming out, and one half okay game; mass effect 3, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and the odd one out, prototype 2.

ESV is going to be amazing, and when that comes out, i shall keep the promise i made in 2K9 and leave you all alone. ill use the escapist, kong, dev art and 4chan forums for my crap when its out.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-12-15 16:40:14

At 12/15/10 03:53 PM, lifeofmystery wrote: he gaming awards show or whatever it was called announced two epic games would be coming out, and one half okay game; mass effect 3, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and the odd one out, prototype 2.

Well will await the new Elder Schrolls and also the new Prototype as well. While the first one was fun it just lacked something but don't really know what that something is. But I think both games will be great.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-12-15 19:52:58

XBOX360 is teh best!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-12-16 16:43:15

o iTz GoDz x

I realised Black Ops sucked today. I think I saved my life :')

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-12-17 15:35:30

At 12/16/10 04:43 PM, PedoPat wrote:
o iTz GoDz x
I realised Black Ops sucked today. I think I saved my life :')

Well Black Ops is not like Modern Warfare if that's why you think it sucks. But the story like is top notch the graphics are well balanced and who does not love Nazi Zombies? And also besides all that is really kick ass in the multiplayer department. So over all I think Black Ops is a good addition to the Call of Duty franchise. But the only real down fall that I found in the game is no offline ranking like there was in MW 2. But it will probably come along with MW 3 so I will be content to wait until then to set out to gain ranks once again.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-12-17 15:52:37

What the fuck, it's like a parody of the gamerscore leader board, But iv'e never seen any one of you users!

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-12-18 09:26:02

At 12/17/10 03:35 PM, Pandamir wrote: Well Black Ops is not like Modern Warfare if that's why you think it sucks. But the story like is top notch the graphics are well balanced and who does not love Nazi Zombies? And also besides all that is really kick ass in the multiplayer department. So over all I think Black Ops is a good addition to the Call of Duty franchise. But the only real down fall that I found in the game is no offline ranking like there was in MW 2. But it will probably come along with MW 3 so I will be content to wait until then to set out to gain ranks once again.

I've been playing it since it came out, but I got into MW2 again recently, I just think MW2 is waayy better. And yeah, I do love Zombies :p

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-12-18 15:11:17

At 12/18/10 09:26 AM, PedoPat wrote: I've been playing it since it came out, but I got into MW2 again recently, I just think MW2 is waayy better. And yeah, I do love Zombies :p

Yeah I think MW2 is better as well actually. But that's not to take away anything from Black Ops, And besides if they can top both with MW3 then I will be happy with it all in the long run. But can just hope it all turns out well cause will get it when it comes out for sure.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-12-26 22:46:37

At 12/17/10 03:52 PM, phrozonfire wrote: What the fuck, it's like a parody of the gamerscore leader board, But iv'e never seen any one of you users!

my god! your name reminds me of the first game i played on newgrounds, phrozenflame..... suh good times and glitchiness,... oh well, it was fun.

who cares for one anothers gamescore? im pretty good and i've only got about 20K. (estimated). i dont really see the big deal on how big you GS is.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-12-27 18:46:42

I have bought the harden edition for black ops. Since i am currently overseas the 4 extra zombie map code didnt allow me to download them. well thats a extra 60 bucks in the drain.

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2010-12-31 14:15:37

Well finally beat Red Dead Redemption and Mafia 2 and working on KH: Birth By Sleep at the moment. But all three of those games are really good and worth the time, money and effort put into them.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-01-05 08:26:14

i would like to join this club :D

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-01-05 13:52:05

I really wish my NAT type would stop going to moderate or strict. I don't know how it can even still be happening. I have my Xbox with a static IP and that IP is also listed as a DMZ. By my reckoning, should it not now be constantly open, since (unless I'm mistaken) it's no longer behind the security of my home network?

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-01-09 15:44:34

At 1/8/11 10:36 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Hey guys I want some way to play my favorite series Brothers In Arms and my graphics card isn't good enough to play any of the games for PC. Also only the third game in the series (and newest) is available on 360 but the first two aren't compatible with it. Either I get a good enough graphics card or does anyone know how much an Xbox costs now adays?

Well on Amazon a new 250 gig Xbox 360 goes for about 200. And at Gamestop it goes for alittle over 300. So it's really all about how much you can and are willing to pay.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-02-18 22:15:18

At 1/5/11 08:26 AM, jorfen12345 wrote: i would like to join this club :D

i think u are

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-02-19 14:09:12

At 10/28/10 07:08 PM, Pandamir wrote: Well getting Fable 3 at the end of the month and hopefully it will be well worth the money spent on it. And everything i have heard points in the direction that it is well worth it, But won't be able to make my own assumption until i can get my hands on the game. And then will be on the hunt for Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, CoD Black Ops and Max Payne 3 and also Duke Nukem Forever when and if it comes out.

Nonononononononononononono.
I hate to be disappointing but Fable 3 is short with little to no replay value!

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-01 16:32:06

can i join -_-

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-02 03:52:40

At 2/19/11 02:09 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Nonononononononononononono.
I hate to be disappointing but Fable 3 is short with little to no replay value!

Yeah played through it and got everybody killed at the end but oh well lol. And you're right about the whole low repl\ay value. But I just beat the game then went back and bought everything and then found there was nothing else to do in the game so it got very boring so I just traded it in at that point.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-02 10:54:43

At 3/1/11 04:32 PM, cristian123 wrote: can i join -_-

No invitation required.

Does anyone happen to know when the prices for Xbox Live increases? It's been a while since I last saw this mentioned, but I still see the prices being listed as £40 (which is what it always was) and I have to renew in the not too distant future. I see GameStation are currently selling 12 months for £35, so I'm tempted to just buy one now before they go back to usually price, or the increased price if it has actually been set.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2011-03-02 11:44:26

At 3/2/11 10:54 AM, Dean wrote:
At 3/1/11 04:32 PM, cristian123 wrote:
Does anyone happen to know when the prices for Xbox Live increases? It's been a while since I last saw this mentioned, but I still see the prices being listed as £40 (which is what it always was) and I have to renew in the not too distant future.

12 for 35 is probably as cheap as your going to get it. If your good to your xbox go for it!

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature