00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xbox 360 club.

427,203 Views | 9,765 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-03 14:09:39

At 5/3/08 01:18 PM, BrAddErZ958 wrote: GTA is Overrated.
So badly.
I bought it today with hopes of "TEH BEST GAME EVOH", and its not.
Its a well rounded game, but the Graphics (I normally don't care much but still) are a let-down.
The controls are sluggish, and the aiming (Auto) I dislike.
Its around an 8.5 - 9 game.
Not a perfect 10. Good game nonetheless, and Multiplayer Freeroam is great fun.

Look at the graphics in scope. The game is running an entire city. It's better then most games.
While sluggish controls vary person to person,you don't have to auto aim
And yes,MP free roam is fun fun.

I've been Fab since the re-design,have you?

JUST BECAUSE I LISTEN TO COREY HART :'[

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-03 14:18:45

Does anyone else have the problem where they have 1 or 2 games that they have no chance of getting the online achievements cause theres no community left? For me its Quake 4, and lost planet. If there are people with the same problem maybe we could help eachother out.

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-03 14:22:44

I expect at least 30 people on my friends list to be on GTA this evening.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-03 15:06:16

At 5/3/08 12:05 AM, HugoVN wrote: is anyone excited about enemy territory Quake Wars?

Yeah, the only thing for me is that I don't think it's quite worth the full $60, I'll probably wait until I can find a used copy cheaper.

At 5/3/08 02:18 PM, HugoVN wrote: Does anyone else have the problem where they have 1 or 2 games that they have no chance of getting the online achievements cause theres no community left? For me its Quake 4, and lost planet. If there are people with the same problem maybe we could help eachother out.

Some of the Quake 4 multiplayer achievements are downright ridiculous. Win 5,000 matches in ranked multiplayer....what the fuck ever. I can find a few random people to play with sometimes in Quake 4, same with Prey.

UNITE THE CLANS | space cheese | RG podcasts | also cocks

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-03 16:22:02

At 5/3/08 02:22 PM, cornbin wrote: I expect at least 30 people on my friends list to be on GTA this evening.

Don't expect to see me on because just lately, my Xbox has decided go on a rampage and instead of killing itself with some good ol' RRoD it goes ballistic on my GTA IV disc rendering it UNPLAYABLE. There is a large number of marks around the disc and it's not because I moved the console, it's not a continous circle.

I just noticed that it did this to the last game I played for a while. The fourth disc of Lost Odyssey was so bad that I needed to complete it three times before I was able to finish the game and get the achievement. Even then it was only because I skipped the ending. I figured it was just Lost Odyssey acting up.

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-04 09:16:17

At 5/3/08 02:09 PM, cornbin wrote: Look at the graphics in scope. The game is running an entire city. It's better then most games.
While sluggish controls vary person to person,you don't have to auto aim
And yes,MP free roam is fun fun.

Even with all of those considered, it shouldn't have been given a 10.

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-04 12:36:55

At 5/4/08 09:16 AM, BrAddErZ958 wrote: Even with all of those considered, it shouldn't have been given a 10.

I completely agree. I played GTA IV at a friend's place yesterday and while it's a decent enough game, it is in no way a 10. The gayness of the driving alone takes it down a few notches. Mass Effect is much better in several aspects (although it's driving isn't the best either).

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-04 12:52:43

At 5/4/08 12:36 PM, CaptainBob wrote: I completely agree. I played GTA IV at a friend's place yesterday and while it's a decent enough game, it is in no way a 10. The gayness of the driving alone takes it down a few notches. Mass Effect is much better in several aspects (although it's driving isn't the best either).

*Tips hat*
Glad to see someone agrees. I did buy it though, and its good and I enjoy it. Will for a long time too.

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-04 13:38:09

Yeah, due to the fore-mentioned problem, you won't be seeing me online for the next three weeks or so because it's being sent off.

Off to PC gaming.

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-04 15:14:35

Hey I was wondering, it might sound a little noobish but how many positive reviews do you need to raise up your rep by a star? I only got one review so far if anyone wants to know.

yes I know, "lol". Also playing gta IV.

FUUUUUUU...

Sig made by me, want one? Pm me, don't expect something really fancy though.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-05 07:10:50

oh and i didn't mean hd i meant hk: hong kong

fan of behemoth

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-05 07:40:42

At 5/4/08 12:36 PM, CaptainBob wrote: I completely agree. I played GTA IV at a friend's place yesterday and while it's a decent enough game, it is in no way a 10. The gayness of the driving alone takes it down a few notches. Mass Effect is much better in several aspects (although it's driving isn't the best either).

The reason you say it gay is because the driving is actually legit, not that bullshit where you hit poles and it doesn't stop you. At least they had the decency to make it more realistic so that you would be stopped by almost everything. Driving in GTA4 = WIN!

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-05 08:18:24

At 5/4/08 03:14 PM, azteca89 wrote: Hey I was wondering, it might sound a little noobish but how many positive reviews do you need to raise up your rep by a star? I only got one review so far if anyone wants to know.

yes I know, "lol". Also playing gta IV.

I'm not sure actually. I got 5 stars when I had 40 friends or so, so assuming 18-22 of them preferred me,plus a couple of random folk. I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 20?

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-05 13:04:30

At 5/5/08 07:40 AM, Seamonky wrote: The reason you say it gay is because the driving is actually legit, not that bullshit where you hit poles and it doesn't stop you. At least they had the decency to make it more realistic so that you would be stopped by almost everything. Driving in GTA4 = WIN!

It's not that obstacles stop you, I'm fine with that. It's the actual control of the driving is crap IMO, and the brakes suck. Sure, maybe I haven't had enough game time to become familiar with it, but my first impression in the few hours I played it was the control was shit. Again, there is no way that game is a 10, and not just because of the driving.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-05 17:41:31

Hey guys. I'd like to join your club. If someone wants to add me, my gamertag is SableCopper. You can find me playing Halo 3 and sometimes Gears of War.

First of all, I need some advice. I want to buy Call of Duty 4 really bad. I already played it and it kicks ass. But, there is Guitar Hero 3 too. I really like that game. I want to get both games, but I only can get one first. What game should I get first?

If you can reccomend me another game, I'd be glad to know.

wut

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-05 17:45:17

Prototype is delayed until somewhere around April, 2009.

Link is on IGN if you care enough.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-06 13:19:59

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-06 16:48:43

IM GOIN TO DIE! Hey my gta 4 disc has an halo ring on it..wont work...i have to play halo 3 without the dcl im a loser now....

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-06 17:47:55

At 5/5/08 01:04 PM, CaptainBob wrote: It's not that obstacles stop you, I'm fine with that. It's the actual control of the driving is crap IMO, and the brakes suck. Sure, maybe I haven't had enough game time to become familiar with it, but my first impression in the few hours I played it was the control was shit. Again, there is no way that game is a 10, and not just because of the driving.

-Well, I had to get used to it in the beginning since it was nothing like I've ever experienced in a GTA game before. I have to agree with you that the brakes suck. The low class cars can't break for shit. I use the handbrake to turn around quickly, that helps for braking sometimes.

-As for the rating, I would of given it a 9.5 out of 10. The walking/running, was kinda sluggish as well, like what Dobio said.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-06 18:46:29

Yes, I do agree. Niko runs in a funny way.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-06 22:04:39

At 5/6/08 06:46 PM, cornbin wrote: Yes, I do agree. Niko runs in a funny way.

It's funny how I get out of a car and try to run away, yet I actually run into the car door and get stuck for 3 seconds. Damn, that sucks. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-06 22:54:50

At 5/6/08 10:04 PM, Seamonky wrote:
At 5/6/08 06:46 PM, cornbin wrote: Yes, I do agree. Niko runs in a funny way.
It's funny how I get out of a car and try to run away, yet I actually run into the car door and get stuck for 3 seconds. Damn, that sucks. :(

That sucks? I was running from a 3 star level that I gained from a mission(I'm still in the mission,which has been going on for 15+ mins) and somehow I blow up. I didn't even cook it. :/

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-07 02:31:05

Finished Mass Effect on Insanity today. Now just have 2 of the ally achievements and all of the tech/biotic power achievements left. Also reached 11k GS, wheee.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-07 02:38:55

At 5/7/08 02:31 AM, CaptainBob wrote: Finished Mass Effect on Insanity today. Now just have 2 of the ally achievements and all of the tech/biotic power achievements left. Also reached 11k GS, wheee.

Lol. Congrats to you. I personaly have slowed down greatly on the getting of achivements, since i have been playing Dynasty Warriors 6 and GTA IV (over rated).

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-08 14:51:38

GTA Freeroaming with 5 other people is awesome.
FF = Off.
Shoot your teammate out of the sky with an RPG.
OH YES.

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-08 16:51:39

At 5/8/08 02:51 PM, BrAddErZ958 wrote: GTA Freeroaming with 5 other people is awesome.
FF = Off.
Shoot your teammate out of the sky with an RPG.
OH YES.

Going bowling with Kate - $10.

Taking a heli-tour over Algonquin - $50

Shooting your friend out of the sky with an RPG - priceless.

my opinion = fact

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-08 17:00:34

On the subject of GTA's driving;

Five minutes playing the game and I was thinking to myself "I'm not going to enjoy this, the drivings too hard". It'd been a while since i'd played San Andreas, but I remembered the driving being ten times easier. Corners were a peice of piss, as was smashing through things. GTA4 seems to add a new depth of realism. Ten hours on and I love the driving aspects of GTA. Corners, while sometimes difficult, are now very much so possible. Plus I like the precision you've gotta have. No longer can you smash your way through anything. Try and you may find yourself taking a trip through the front windscreen.

Ratings-wise, at the minute i'd give it a ten. Yes it has the hell hyped out of it, but in my opinion it delivers. In so many ways. It's the little things that make GTA4 for me. The ability to buy ringtones online, pool, darts, getting drunk, the witty dialog, etc, etc, etc. Not to mention, the huge things that make the game. The free-roaming, the shooting, the mobile phone, etc, etc, etc.

Every new GTA Rockstar take a fantastic engine and add to it. They could pump out the same game with a new character and storyline everytime, but don't. They work at it, listen to the fans, and create a game topping what we thought couldn't be topped.

This will probably form the basis of a review of GTA4 when i'm done playing the game :)

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-08 17:55:56

At 5/7/08 02:31 AM, CaptainBob wrote: Finished Mass Effect on Insanity today. Now just have 2 of the ally achievements and all of the tech/biotic power achievements left. Also reached 11k GS, wheee.

Man, I find hardcore difficult =/

My aim is 30k gamerscore, 27974 currently.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-08 20:29:17

Has anyone been keeping an eye on Grid?

I'm sure Seamonky has.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox 360 club. 2008-05-09 13:50:17

At 5/8/08 05:55 PM, DumbassDude wrote: Man, I find hardcore difficult =/

Honestly I had some trouble at the end of the Hardcore playthrough, but I didn't have much trouble on my Insanity playthrough. I did use the same character (Solider class) through all three playthroughs and leveled up to 60.

BBS Signature