00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted PeviAnimations supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

770,008 Views | 18,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-31 08:40:50

At 5/30/09 09:02 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXJEDUain X4

gasp

I'm really looking forward to this film. Toy Story was my favourite film from my childhood and I would like to see how Pixar manage a third film. I've been aware of the film coming out in 2010 for a while now, but it's one of the main reasons to look forward to next year.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-31 15:47:55

At 5/31/09 07:11 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Haha, that's an epic joke. I still don't understand why the call negro's wogs, and then for some reason, us italians get called wogs as well :/

Wog is an acronym - Western Oriental Gentleman, while what you're thinking of is Wop, derived from Guappo to Guap, which sounds like Wop. It's an American-English pejorative slur.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-31 17:41:44

I fucking hate sleeping on the sofa. >:(

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-31 21:00:37

At 5/31/09 03:47 PM, Coop83 wrote: Wog is an acronym - Western Oriental Gentleman, while what you're thinking of is Wop, derived from Guappo to Guap, which sounds like Wop. It's an American-English pejorative slur.

I must correct you good sir! "Wog" comes from "Golliwog", a blackface minstrel character that was popular in the.. 60s maybe? The character was used for some time on jars of marmalade or something.. anyway, the word wog comes from that. According to wikipedia, "western oriental gentleman" (and similar phrases) are backronyms.

You're right about the wop thing though..

You learn something new every day! :P

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-05-31 21:21:47

Weren't golliwogs dolls?

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-01 04:22:53

At 5/31/09 09:00 PM, liaaaam wrote: You learn something new every day! :P

Indeed you do! Now if only my exams had a question on that...

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-01 11:02:50

At 5/31/09 09:00 PM, liaaaam wrote: I must correct you good sir! "Wog" comes from "Golliwog", a blackface minstrel character that was popular in the.. 60s maybe? The character was used for some time on jars of marmalade or something.. anyway, the word wog comes from that. According to wikipedia, "western oriental gentleman" (and similar phrases) are backronyms.

Well, I shall bow to popular opinion - Wiki has given me some very useful information before, so I shall not cast aspetions about it now.

I learnt that from the Monty Python song "Never be rude to an Arab"

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-01 11:04:58

At 5/31/09 09:00 PM, liaaaam wrote: I must correct you good sir! "Wog" comes from "Golliwog", a blackface minstrel character that was popular in the.. 60s maybe? The character was used for some time on jars of marmalade or something.. anyway, the word wog comes from that. According to wikipedia, "western oriental gentleman" (and similar phrases) are backronyms.

Well, I shall bow to popular opinion - Wiki has given me some very useful information before, so I shall not cast aspetions about it now.

I learnt that from the Monty Python song "Never be rude to an Arab"

Also, I was speaking to a new mother the other day, she was so thrilled that she was telling everyone that she was now a MILF. I looked quizzically at her for a moment, then leant in close to her and said "You want to be careful, or people will tell you that if you want to so badly, you can go and fuck yourself."

Sadly, she didn't get the joke. I don't think I'll be invited to the christening...

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-01 22:56:25

Found a drum and bass remix of Snow Patrol's Open Your Eyes... and I much prefer it to the original. Works really well IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8aikeQzB cI

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-01 23:06:23

Finally totally finished for the summer.

Wrote 2 essays, printed out an old ass research paper, threw in some peer reviewed essays and wrote a timed essay this morning and am finally done with that damned credit-by-exam crap.
They better give me credit for that shit.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-03 08:07:03

At 6/1/09 11:06 PM, Malachy wrote: Wrote 2 essays, printed out an old ass research paper, threw in some peer reviewed essays and wrote a timed essay this morning and am finally done with that damned credit-by-exam crap.

If only you spent the educational time writing about Newgrounds (Media Studies :P), you'd be able to make a perfect A+ assessment, wouldn't you ;)

How do you think it went, Mal?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-05 04:46:52

Hello people. Been away from NG for a few days.....been moving house and didn't have internet for a while. While i had no internet, i was pretty much wasting loads of time on Fallout3. Quite a game imo.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-05 10:10:31

At 6/5/09 04:46 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Hello people. Been away from NG for a few days.....been moving house and didn't have internet for a while. While i had no internet, i was pretty much wasting loads of time on Fallout3. Quite a game imo.

Welcome back. :) Ah yes, I hear a lot of things about Fallout 3, but I've yet to pick it up. Mainly because I want to wait until I get a PS3 so I have more games for that console and I wish to check out the other Fallout games no matter how different they are to Fallout 3. Right now, I've been playing some PS1 games, Half-Life expansions and a lot of Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead since my sister and her boyfriend have taken a break from WoW to play other games.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-05 21:20:47

At 6/5/09 10:10 AM, Bahamut wrote: Welcome back. :) Ah yes, I hear a lot of things about Fallout 3, but I've yet to pick it up. Mainly because I want to wait until I get a PS3 so I have more games for that console and I wish to check out the other Fallout games no matter how different they are to Fallout 3.

FO3 is a really good game, very diverse - there's so much to do and explore. One of the best all-round games i've played in years. I've never played the previous fallouts though.

Also, what's happened to this place? Gone dead :(

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-06 07:22:07

At 6/5/09 09:20 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Also, what's happened to this place? Gone dead :(

I've run out of jokes :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-06 08:12:28

At 6/6/09 07:22 AM, Coop83 wrote: I've run out of jokes :P

I'll fix that right up :D

My wife is amazing, she has everything that a man could ever want....
Big muscles, hairy chest, big moustache....

A Limbo dancer married a Locksmith yesterday........ the wedding was low key.

Some random woman stopped me in the street today and started telling me a joke. It had all the ingredients of a good joke: child abuse; incestual rape; tears and suffering; but I didn't understand the punchline. Something about £2 a month?

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-06 22:41:29

At 6/3/09 08:07 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 6/1/09 11:06 PM, Malachy wrote: Wrote 2 essays, printed out an old ass research paper, threw in some peer reviewed essays and wrote a timed essay this morning and am finally done with that damned credit-by-exam crap.
If only you spent the educational time writing about Newgrounds (Media Studies :P), you'd be able to make a perfect A+ assessment, wouldn't you ;)

How do you think it went, Mal?

I think it went well. I should find out soon, but they are dragging their heels.

I was away from home for a few days, went to a wedding and visited our parents and suchlike while we were in the area. Got back tonight, drove the motorcycle home, non stop for 4 hours. Only stopped twice to refuel or eat. My ass was so numb! Now I know why old dudes ride those Honda Goldwings with their heated recliner seats, XM radios, climate control (wtf), CB radios, etc...ARM RESTS, CRUISE CONTROL...ugh, here I have to reset my trip meter every time I fill up because there's no gas gauge. All I have is a speedometer with the odometer and the trip meter. having a 250cc bike on 65mph (100km ish) roads sort of sucks.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-07 08:55:27

At 6/5/09 09:20 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Also, what's happened to this place? Gone dead :(

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this place has been rather quiet lately. The most that's happened to me this week is having an eye test on Tuesday, which I thought it was about time to have another one. I went and from what I've been told, my right eye has some eye disorder which needs to be checked by the doctors. I've already got an appointment booked on 29th June for the doctors to have a look at it.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-07 10:01:50

At 6/7/09 03:57 AM, Sensationalism wrote: I don't get the last one. Explain it to the idiot please?

Heh, well, the woman obviously wasn't telling him a joke, she was collecting money for abused children. Ya know the kind that ask people to donate $2 a month to help out people in need.

At 6/7/09 08:55 AM, Bahamut wrote: I've been told, my right eye has some eye disorder which needs to be checked by the doctors. I've already got an appointment booked on 29th June for the doctors to have a look at it.

Woah, hope it ain't too serious D:

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-07 15:06:16

I'm so damn tired... really need to sort out my sleeping patterns. Every night for the past week I've not been able to get to sleep and ended up watching the OC until the small hours of the morning.

At 6/7/09 01:16 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Well I got great news recently. My grandma's cancer is gone!! woot woot!! :D

That's great, you must be really happy :)

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-07 17:45:29

At 6/7/09 01:16 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Well I got great news recently. My grandma's cancer is gone!! woot woot!! :D

Sensational. Great news.

I've got to get some good sleep tonight - just been out for the second big meal of the weekend and it's going to play some serious havoc with my Wii Fit status tomorrow morning. Mind you, since I'm trying to gain weight, it shouldn't be too bad...

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-07 18:14:42

At 6/7/09 05:45 PM, Coop83 wrote: Mind you, since I'm trying to gain weight, it shouldn't be too bad...

Gaining weight for the win. I'm more happy with my physique now... I was losing a bit too much weight at uni. The pitfalls of not being able to afford food, I fear. ;P

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-07 18:27:25

I don't know if anyone watches the Apprentice but I'm totally delighted with the result :). She's been my favourite for a while (with James, of course).

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-07 20:55:35

I have 2 exams coming up, both which start at 8:30am. Lately i have been going to sleep at 2am, and waking up at 10am. I have one day to fix this, any tips?

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-07 21:20:23

At 6/7/09 08:55 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: I have 2 exams coming up, both which start at 8:30am. Lately i have been going to sleep at 2am, and waking up at 10am. I have one day to fix this, any tips?

Take a bath early - the dropping of body temperature helps you to sleep.

Or take a sleeping pill?

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-07 22:34:06

At 6/7/09 08:55 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: I have 2 exams coming up, both which start at 8:30am. Lately i have been going to sleep at 2am, and waking up at 10am. I have one day to fix this, any tips?

Have a busy day, go to bed tired. Don't eat too late, most importantly get your arse off of the computer.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-08 04:25:57

At 6/7/09 10:56 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: Works for me all of the time. I'm a bit tired as well, but I'll shower in the morning time. Still tired from the gym. Trying to get into better shape and get stronger. : ( 28

Always good - I'm trying to work out more and when my best friend returns from Sharm-al-Sheikh, we will resume jogging around his local neighbourhood and lifting weights. We will get summer bodies in time for Xmas, I feel :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-08 09:35:22

Thanks for your concerns on my right eye. I wouldn't say it's too serious and from the sounds of what I've got (keratoconus) and assuming that's what I have, there seems to be two solutions for it, one of them being contact lenses. I've never used contact lenses before and I don't like the idea of using them, but if that's what I'll have to use, then I have no other choice. All I can do is hope for the best in 3 weeks time.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-08 17:39:45

At 6/8/09 09:35 AM, Bahamut wrote: there seems to be two solutions for it, one of them being contact lenses. I've never used contact lenses before and I don't like the idea of using them, but if that's what I'll have to use, then I have no other choice...

What's the other option? And contact lenses aren't that bad really. I wear them every day.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2009-06-08 22:23:35

Thankyou for solutions to making my sleep pattern right again for a few days, exam tomorrow, thursday then tuesday and i have about a month and a half or less off ^_^