00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thatgooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club

738,497 Views | 12,015 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-03 18:11:02

At 5/3/05 06:46 AM, Tanooki_John wrote:
Thats no bad idea either, dont forget to add Miltanks ,Torchics ,anduhh? that scarecrow looking grass/dark type pokemon too.

You mean Murkrow right ^-^

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-03 19:01:17

How is this? ^^ Small banner gonna make it bigger and add more but it's a start =D

It would look better if I didn't have to save it as a JPEG for NG. Oh and yes I did make the background on it.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-04 02:42:23

I have a question to all of you. Is putfile.com a great site for uploading Flash files that are huge in memory? I am asking because the other site only holds 1024 kbs.

By the way, I am still actionscripting. I am getting a hang of this because I know some programming and algebric skills. They say that MX 2004 is great for making Flash games, but I am alright with just MX.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-04 06:03:04

At 5/3/05 06:11 PM, Killha wrote:
At 5/3/05 06:46 AM, Tanooki_John wrote:
Thats no bad idea either, dont forget to add Miltanks ,Torchics ,anduhh? that scarecrow looking grass/dark type pokemon too.
You mean Murkrow right ^-^

Well, thats a good choice. I see no harm in putting them into the comic, even though Murkrows will try to eat up your berry patches.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-04 06:05:12

At 5/3/05 10:59 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 5/3/05 06:36 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: Im glad you responded to me. So how do you like this club? Im glad you are looking foward to our clubs game Pokemon counter strike. So, how would you like to join our club?
Heh heh, sorry John. I guess my alias did greatly confuse people. :S I've been playing on Metroid Prime recently, so I decided to change my alias to Samus-Aran for a few days.

Now I wonder why you did that for? That really confused me. I guess threestar isnt the only one to do that. You really gave me quite a deception there.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-04 06:12:45

At 5/3/05 12:41 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Ok 1 giant farm, 1 giant store, and I'm going to make sure the proffessor has a reseve or somthing like Oak does on the show.

Now how far along till they un into the famr and store? Nothing like that ever shows up right away right? =)

Its ok if the stuff we discussed wont show up right away, this is the first season of pokemon nexus afterall and we will not show in the comic wery much for the time being. I guess its just all part of the comic world anyhow. I also have an idea. We should have a music theme for your comic pokemon nexus just like Psyguy did with making a music theme for his comic Chaos Diamonds 3 and some other peoples comics such as The White silence &Toy Box Troubles etc.
I wonder what it would be like to have Psyguy or Bignasty4life as members of this club? If we actually did, we probably be almost be unstoppable to those rotten flamers who take pride in mocking pokemon like we seen so far. Anyway, It was only a suggestion of helping out with the comic.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-04 06:16:15

At 5/3/05 01:39 PM, Neo_Pikachu wrote:

Eh, hate to burst anyone's bubble, but the Pokemon Counter Strike flash is just going to be a movie, not a game, very similar to other flash movies in the Counter Strike parodies collection. I honestly don't know jack about Actionscript, so sorry to anyone who was thinking this would turn out to be an actual game.

A movie instead?! Well if its going to be a movie instead, I hope there wont be any blood or actual crucal harm to the pokemon. I mean if your going to do that then, at the end of the movie, try adding No pokemon were harmed during the prodiction of this flash or something like that. Sorry if you dont know actionscript. Its ok.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-04 11:03:06

At 5/4/05 06:12 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: Its ok if the stuff we discussed wont show up right away, this is the first season of pokemon nexus afterall and we will not show in the comic wery much for the time being. I guess its just all part of the comic world anyhow.

How long is a season suppose to late in a comic then?

I also have an idea. We should have a music theme for your comic pokemon nexus just like Psyguy did with making a music theme for his comic Chaos Diamonds 3 and some other peoples comics such as The White silence &Toy Box Troubles etc.

Theme music? really? Well I suppose. You mean liek with words? or like a normal videogame with just music?
Sure I can find somthing for ether.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-04 11:13:13

At 5/4/05 06:05 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: Now I wonder why you did that for? That really confused me. I guess threestar isnt the only one to do that. You really gave me quite a deception there.

Heh, I guess the level, Reviews, posts etc wasn't enough to tell people who I was exactly. :S My other alias changes did easily tell people who I was. Oh well.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-05 06:20:57

At 5/4/05 11:03 AM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:
At 5/4/05 06:12 AM, Tanooki_John wrote:

Tanooki_John: Its ok if the stuff we discussed wont show up right away, this is the first season of pokemon nexus afterall and we will not show in the comic wery much for the time being. I guess its just all part of the comic world anyhow.

Ghaleonx5z; How long is a season suppose to late in a comic then?

Tanooki_John:Well, It can be either as long as either the first month or 3 months. I been drawing comics too but I have no way of protecting them now. I just finnished my 2nd season yesterday. But the comic wasnt about pokemon.

I also have an idea. We should have a music theme for your comic pokemon nexus just like Psyguy did with making a music theme for his comic Chaos Diamonds 3 and some other peoples comics such as The White silence &Toy Box Troubles etc.
Theme music? really? Well I suppose. You mean liek with words? or like a normal videogame with just music?

Ghaleonx5z: Sure I can find somthing for ether.

Tanooki_John:Ok, sounds good.
I sorta added this name placing in our words to identify who wrote them. I stopped using my specal gimmic "Tanooki_John's response""months ago. But if your looking for any music by Psyguy, just check it out in my profiles favorite artists ok?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-05 06:25:18

At 5/4/05 02:42 AM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: I have a question to all of you. Is putfile.com a great site for uploading Flash files that are huge in memory? I am asking because the other site only holds 1024 kbs.

By the way, I am still actionscripting. I am getting a hang of this because I know some programming and algebric skills. They say that MX 2004 is great for making Flash games, but I am alright with just MX.

I heard about Neo_Pikachu's Pokemon counterstrike was going to be a movie instead of a game, but do you think it would be ok with him if you made the Pokemon counterstrike game while Neo_Pikachu does the movie of it? If so, be sure to add each others names in your portal buddies list to show that you shared ideas. Is this ok?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-05 06:30:18

Maybe in the comic Ghaleonx5z is working on I recently went back searching my old thread finding some good Pokemon pics to help out with any production with any idea you guys have. Maybe in Pokemon Nexus, they may be a chance to have a Deoxis to make guests with the main characters.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-05 12:25:50

What kind of music am I looking for anyway? Soft, upbeat, excitment, danger? lol =)

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-05 13:02:15

At 5/5/05 06:25 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: I heard about Neo_Pikachu's Pokemon counterstrike was going to be a movie instead of a game, but do you think it would be ok with him if you made the Pokemon counterstrike game while Neo_Pikachu does the movie of it? If so, be sure to add each others names in your portal buddies list to show that you shared ideas. Is this ok?

What kind of game would this be? Any type of FPS would be ridiculously impossible to program on flash. I think you should quit thinking of new flashes. It's no little task to make any flash, especially a game, and we don't need to flood the portal with new entries every day...

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-05 15:55:42

Yeah... just one at a time please...

Final exams are what's been taking most of my time lately. And I wish I could pump out flashes every day but its just not possible. The reason why people like illwillpress can come out with movies every other week is because his movies usually only have one scene and most of it is just script that's being said.

Needless to say, I'm coming out with a lot more than just that.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-05 20:37:05

At 5/5/05 01:02 PM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote:
At 5/5/05 06:25 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: I heard about Neo_Pikachu's Pokemon counterstrike was going to be a movie instead of a game, but do you think it would be ok with him if you made the Pokemon counterstrike game while Neo_Pikachu does the movie of it? If so, be sure to add each others names in your portal buddies list to show that you shared ideas. Is this ok?
What kind of game would this be? Any type of FPS would be ridiculously impossible to program on flash. I think you should quit thinking of new flashes. It's no little task to make any flash, especially a game, and we don't need to flood the portal with new entries every day...

I know, but it is good for me to think about what games I could make, since I wanted to become a game designer. I would never think of a task being impossible, but I also never think a task would be easy. For the Counter-Strike type game, it would be best to place it on a top-down perspective. Flash could not handle too much on the first-person view, but I can translate the fun and action on Flash. If anyone has a server and knows how to program it, I could make it an online multiplayer, just like Counter-Strike. I know it can be done.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-06 03:20:27

At 5/5/05 08:37 PM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: If anyone has a server and knows how to program it, I could make it an online multiplayer, just like Counter-Strike. I know it can be done.

I think that is aiming too far. It's one thing to set your sights high, but a games developer will still have their limits. Look at it this way, the multiplayer flash i know is the one with the fridge magnets, and the drawing one. One has you drawing a one pixel line, and the other has you moving fridgemagnets with drag and drop. I think a game where you run around, shoot, affect other people, I think that may be a little bit too complex. Besides, don't think up ideas for this one. Focus on one thing at a time.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-06 06:01:51

Your right, flash is no easy task. Well, sorry if I went alittle oo far then. I was only trying to help out with ideas for flash. Sorry if I bothered anyone.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-06 06:07:29

At 5/5/05 03:55 PM, Neo_Pikachu wrote: Yeah... just one at a time please...

Final exams are what's been taking most of my time lately. And I wish I could pump out flashes every day but its just not possible. The reason why people like illwillpress can come out with movies every other week is because his movies usually only have one scene and most of it is just script that's being said.

Needless to say, I'm coming out with a lot more than just that.

You have exams to do? Sorry you couldnt get anymore spare time to finish up your projects which take most of your time. I know its hard but im sorry if I pushed anybody too far. I was only trying to help. I am quite buisy working in a warehouse 5 days a week and its fustrating. I know how its like to be thrown on one subject to another and again, im sorry if I did so. But I hope your flash will be great.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-06 06:13:36

At 5/5/05 08:37 PM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote:

I know, but it is good for me to think about what games I could make, since I wanted to become a game designer. I would never think of a task being impossible, but I also never think a task would be easy. For the Counter-Strike type game, it would be best to place it on a top-down perspective. Flash could not handle too much on the first-person view, but I can translate the fun and action on Flash. If anyone has a server and knows how to program it, I could make it an online multiplayer, just like Counter-Strike. I know it can be done.

Well, it dosent have to be done right away, dosent have to be done any time sooner either. Just a future plan thought. I know flash is hard work and is no easy task to keep it good but you should take your time on your current flash development and try doing what you think is the most important for your benifits first, then when you think you have some spare time left over, you can continue on the flash. Would the weekends be good for you? I have free time on Saturdays and I hardly do anything on Sundays cause theres hardly anything to do.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-06 06:19:21

At 5/6/05 03:20 AM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote:
At 5/5/05 08:37 PM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: If anyone has a server and knows how to program it, I could make it an online multiplayer, just like Counter-Strike. I know it can be done.
I think that is aiming too far. It's one thing to set your sights high, but a games developer will still have their limits. Look at it this way, the multiplayer flash i know is the one with the fridge magnets, and the drawing one. One has you drawing a one pixel line, and the other has you moving fridgemagnets with drag and drop. I think a game where you run around, shoot, affect other people, I think that may be a little bit too complex. Besides, don't think up ideas for this one. Focus on one thing at a time.

Well, Im not trying to push anybody but even if "Pokemon counterstrike" were to be a real flash game, the first person perspective would probably need a flash program that would really be advanced which ofcourse yawl probably dont have, but sorry if I brought something like this up. It could be switched to a platform verson like the gameboy games and LCD's etc. Again I was only making suggestions and I appologise if I ever put too much pressure on anyone.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-06 17:59:18

Farm is getting close to completion, then I'll do a town or 2 and a few routes then make the BIG store.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-07 12:44:01

At 5/6/05 05:59 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Farm is getting close to completion, then I'll do a town or 2 and a few routes then make the BIG store.

Nice to hear some more good news. Well congradulations on your current sucsess! I will see if I can look at one of my pokemon players guides to check for gil prices and store stocks to give the BIG stores prices which of course is supposed to be a sponsor of "Tanooki John's Pro-pokemon club" and " Nintendo goods inc.". How are those ideas? I might not get to post any futher store pricing ideas today but I plan on doing it sometime this week if I have spare time at work. Thanks for letting us know.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-07 12:56:07

At 5/7/05 12:44 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: Thanks for letting us know.

Ok sounds good lol =)

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-07 13:16:39

At 5/7/05 12:56 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:
At 5/7/05 12:44 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: Thanks for letting us know.
Ok sounds good lol =)

Lets see, I am not able to post any of my price comparrasons for the mall but I can advise and help out in what to make the shops sell. For instance,

Normal Poke-marts: Sell mainly normal pokeballs, great balls, potions, super potions, and other man made remedes like antidotes and paralys heals.

Pokemon department stores: carry stuff like X- boosters, vitamin drinks, +up's, evolution stones, etc. They also have departments such as Vitamin shop, Trainer dept., Game corner, and other stuff we pokemon experts already know.

OUR MALL: will have those departmento too. But we are planning on adding new departments such as
Candyshops: to let trainers build poke-blocks, grind berrypowder, mix ingrediants to make there own candy, sell previously made candy, etc.
Potion shop: have potions and perimitive (low tech) sort of Harry Potter style solutions somewhere near the nature department. They would sell something like a Key items: potion vial, carry anything bottles (like what Link has) etc. find and add to make potions to help make a potion that would heal a pokemons status and heal HP at the same time.
Floural shop: Would sell already grown berries and specal furtalizer to help grow berries when at a dark soil areas instead of just plain watering them.
Greenhouse: where trainers can rent a berryplant stand where they can plant and have the staff attend to the berries. Also have there Poke-gear com service for service when far away.
Hold-Item Shop: A place to buy pokemon hold items such as quick claw, kings rock, dragonscale, metalcoat etc.

how are these ideas? If you need more and incase I make a huge list of it, I will e-mail it to you instead. How does that sound?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-07 13:23:35

At 5/5/05 12:25 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: What kind of music am I looking for anyway? Soft, upbeat, excitment, danger? lol =)

Still, just check on my personal profiles favorite artists list. I have some more artists with music besides PsyGuy . If you run into anymore problems, just ask me. And if you need anymore ideas which are going to be too long for the bbs, just e-mail me and I will gladly help out. Sounds good?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-07 17:56:44

At 5/7/05 01:16 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: Lets see, I am not able to post any of my price comparrasons for the mall but I can advise and help out in what to make the shops sell. For instance,

Alright

OUR MALL: will have those departmento too. But we are planning on adding new departments such as
Candyshops: to let trainers build poke-blocks, grind berrypowder, mix ingrediants to make there own candy, sell previously made candy, etc.

Ok soudns good. Can't have enough candy lol =D

Potion shop: have potions and perimitive (low tech) sort of Harry Potter style solutions somewhere near the nature department. They would sell something like a Key items: potion vial, carry anything bottles (like what Link has) etc. find and add to make potions to help make a potion that would heal a pokemons status and heal HP at the same time.

Ok then, sure why not.

Floural shop: Would sell already grown berries and specal furtalizer to help grow berries when at a dark soil areas instead of just plain watering them.

Alright

Greenhouse: where trainers can rent a berryplant stand where they can plant and have the staff attend to the berries. Also have there Poke-gear com service for service when far away.

Sounds alright =)

Hold-Item Shop: A place to buy pokemon hold items such as quick claw, kings rock, dragonscale, metalcoat etc.

always wanted that lol

how are these ideas? If you need more and incase I make a huge list of it, I will e-mail it to you instead. How does that sound?

There just great =)
Um? Sure if ya got more ideas I can find a way to fit most I am sure.
Heck for somthing different, instead of another town, they coudl just run into 1 giant mall.
Got a giant farm anyway lol =D

Oh and as for the music. We have a small problem, it would be easier if I just used the songs I have. Which is why I was trying to figgure out what type to use.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-07 22:01:38

and in the mall.......it can be a basement and it'll show the

Black Market: find rare items for cheap prices.....

and what do you know.....it would be another hideout for the villians like Team Rocket and such.....imo :\

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-07 22:02:51

At 5/7/05 10:01 PM, Killha wrote: and in the mall.......it can be a basement and it'll show the

Black Market: find rare items for cheap prices.....

and what do you know.....it would be another hideout for the villians like Team Rocket and such.....imo :\

just to add what Tanooki John said is all I'm doing

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-07 22:09:11

This is a problem. Flash MX does not accept MIDI as a sound format. Is there a way for Flash MX to accept MIDI? Also, I tried to find a free MIDI-to-MP3 program, but there is no freeware. Maybe, someone can help me with my problem.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature