00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MonkDrunkey76 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club

743,876 Views | 12,015 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-13 17:10:51

At 5/13/05 11:08 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 5/13/05 06:34 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: I wonder if Pokelord would like to join the club? Is there any way you can let him know?
Hmm, I'm not sure if he will join this club, even if I tell him. He's working on Flash and I wouldn't want to try and get him addicted to the BBS. :|

Well, I dont want him to be edicted ot posting on the bbs, but he's welcome to post whenever he wants too. You say he's working on some flash? I wonder what kind of flash he's making? Hope something good. It would be best if we asked him sometime later.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-13 17:13:02

At 5/13/05 03:07 AM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote:
At 5/12/05 06:20 PM, Killha wrote: 23 karat gold at Burger King
I fail to believe that Burger King would sell solid gold items, especially pokemon cards, pretty big. That would cost a fortune.
Nevertheless, smelt it and sell it and buy out Nintendo.

I bet that gold pokemon card of Pikachu would make out as a Funky Fresh Medalion to wear with a gold chain.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-13 17:18:44

Tomorow, Im going to see if my friend from my state will edit a club card sleve/ front page to go with the club cards. That way, we can print out the cards through a color printer and actually have a phisical card to hold. The only thing now is to see if where can I find a flexable thin card protector to seal one in. Well, We will see.

I hope Dark_Volcano_Sam dosent mind about this. Im sure to let my pal know about it and make him awareof my club. He even made edit trophys too. Would you think it would be alright with you guys if I helped him become a member?

Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-13 18:53:16

yeah.....that's a great idea

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-14 07:02:47

At 5/13/05 05:10 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: Well, I dont want him to be edicted ot posting on the bbs, but he's welcome to post whenever he wants too. You say he's working on some flash? I wonder what kind of flash he's making? Hope something good. It would be best if we asked him sometime later.

I think he's working on a starter flash at the moment. He's made the character models and a lot of other things and today, I think it's his day where he works on Flash for a hell long time. BTW, I'm 99% sure he will have a Pokemon on his first flash. ;)

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-14 11:38:41

At 5/13/05 05:18 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: Tomorow, Im going to see if my friend from my state will edit a club card sleve/ front page to go with the club cards. That way, we can print out the cards through a color printer and actually have a phisical card to hold. The only thing now is to see if where can I find a flexable thin card protector to seal one in. Well, We will see.

I hope Dark_Volcano_Sam dosent mind about this. Im sure to let my pal know about it and make him awareof my club. He even made edit trophys too. Would you think it would be alright with you guys if I helped him become a member?

I do not mind at all. I am still busy on the programming part of my game, and I may not have time to do anything else. He could come in handy.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-14 12:56:45

At 5/14/05 11:38 AM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote:
At 5/13/05 05:18 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: Tomorow, Im going to see if my friend from my state will edit a club card sleve/ front page to go with the club cards. That way, we can print out the cards through a color printer and actually have a phisical card to hold. The only thing now is to see if where can I find a flexable thin card protector to seal one in. Well, We will see.

I do not mind at all. I am still busy on the programming part of my game, and I may not have time to do anything else. He could come in handy.

Im glad you dont mind, however, unfortantly, he's not here today. I thought he'd be here cause he'd said so this current week. I probably will see him next following week. I hope he does a good job with it though. Im sure things will turn out great.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-14 12:58:16

At 5/14/05 07:02 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 5/13/05 05:10 PM, Tanooki_John wrote:
I think he's working on a starter flash at the moment. He's made the character models and a lot of other things and today, I think it's his day where he works on Flash for a hell long time. BTW, I'm 99% sure he will have a Pokemon on his first flash. ;)

I think its ok to give HIM time to work on his flash, then we will se if he would join?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-14 13:01:35

At 5/13/05 06:53 PM, Killha wrote: yeah.....that's a great idea

What Idea? Do you mean the Funky fresh pokemon card medaleon, or the Pro-Pokemon members card sleves Im getting my buddie to make? Oh dont worry, DVS dosent mind it. He just posted saying so. I hope the new member lokes the pic I posted.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-14 13:33:24

At 5/14/05 01:01 PM, Tanooki_John wrote:
What Idea? Do you mean the Funky fresh pokemon card medaleon, or the Pro-Pokemon members card sleves Im getting my buddie to make? Oh dont worry, DVS dosent mind it. He just posted saying so. I hope the new member lokes the pic I posted.

The sleeves lol :D

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-14 15:58:33

At 5/14/05 01:33 PM, Killha wrote:
At 5/14/05 01:01 PM, Tanooki_John wrote:
The sleeves lol :D

Oh, the sleves, I was expecting them today from my pal Franklyn who made my sig pic for me. Unfourtantly, he no longer works here in the computer center I visit frequently.
But I know one of the managers there who may be able to send him my E-mail adress so when he sends them to me by mail, Ill post them here. Is that ok? Sorry about that.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-14 16:12:14

I have some more ideas about those BM Basic Machienes for the Pokemon Nexus comic besides BM01 Tackle and BM02 Thundershock . How about,

BM03 Bubble: Remember that which mostly water types learn? Now you can try teaching that to a different type of pokemon.

BM04 Peck: The old jab with the beak or horn or even a thorn. Try teaching that to either a Wurmple, Rhyhorn, Quillfish, or any flying type pokemon that forgot peck.

BM05 Confusion: Try teaching this to different pokemon if there able to perform psychic moves or attacks.

BM06 Absorb: Try teaching that to a pokemon thats able to use grass moves, even if its not a grass type.

BM07 Poison sting: If you had this one, you probably have some fun teaching this to a Jolteon, Cancera, or Bellsprout. It may even work on more pokemon.

BM08 Ember: This should be eazy for some types besides fire to learn this. Try teaching this to a Jigglypuff, or a Squirtle. It would be quite amusing to see a Squirtle use fire attack.

How are those ideas? Not bad eh? Let me know what you think about that ok.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-14 18:25:46

At 5/14/05 04:12 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: BM08 Ember: This should be eazy for some types besides fire to learn this. Try teaching this to a Jigglypuff, or a Squirtle. It would be quite amusing to see a Squirtle use fire attack.

But it wouldn't be able to. Just as you can't teach a pidgey dig or a dugtrio fly, you wouldn't be able to teach a squirtle ember.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-14 18:29:11

At 5/14/05 06:25 PM, BananaBread_Muffin wrote:
At 5/14/05 04:12 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: BM08 Ember: It would be quite amusing to see a Squirtle use fire attack.
But it wouldn't be able to. Just as you can't teach a pidgey dig or a dugtrio fly, you wouldn't be able to teach a squirtle ember.

unless if he had a fuel tank ^_^

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-14 18:30:13

At 5/14/05 04:12 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: How are those ideas? Not bad eh? Let me know what you think about that ok.

Sounds cool to me =D

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-15 00:21:15

Here is an update of my game:

I design everything for the first level. I program the background to side-scroll. I finally get the Pikachu sprite to move and shoot like I imagined. Next, I will test the power-up function, the variables, the enemies, the boss, and the difficulty. If this keeps up, my first level of the game will be done in a week from now!

This is a true story. I was still programming until the power went out briefly. The storage goes haywire, and I thought everything is lost. Then, Norton GoBack saves the day! I restore the saved files was recently stored in GoBack and everything went back to normal. No file was deleted! Do yourself a favor and install Norton GoBack, that is if you are in the computer for a long time. Having a power backup does not hurt to, but I recommend the software.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-15 04:13:26

At 5/14/05 06:29 PM, Killha wrote:
At 5/14/05 06:25 PM, BananaBread_Muffin wrote: you wouldn't be able to teach a squirtle ember.
unless if he had a fuel tank ^_^

What, a squirtle with a flamethrower? :P

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-15 06:38:35

What moves are best for catching legendary pokemons(status affecting moves)?

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-15 06:41:45

At 5/14/05 12:58 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: I think its ok to give HIM time to work on his flash, then we will se if he would join?

Once he uploads a flash on Newgrounds, I will then think that's the best time to tell him to join this club or even post in other sections of the BBS.

BM08 Ember: This should be eazy for some types besides fire to learn this. Try teaching this to a Jigglypuff, or a Squirtle. It would be quite amusing to see a Squirtle use fire attack.

I remember that Pokemon episode when Ash, Squirtle and some other Pokemon/people ate some spicy food from Team Rocket and started to breathe fire.

At 5/15/05 06:38 AM, FinPro wrote: What moves are best for catching legendary pokemons(status affecting moves)?

I would try Ice Beam. If not, Thunder Wave. Those two moves have been very useful for me when I've been against Legendary Pokemon.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-15 09:04:25

At 5/15/05 06:38 AM, FinPro wrote: What moves are best for catching legendary pokemons(status affecting moves)?

There's one move that never kills a pokemon, but I can't remember which. You just use that, then try a paralyzing move like thunderwave.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-15 09:56:08

At 5/15/05 09:04 AM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote:
There's one move that never kills a pokemon, but I can't remember which. You just use that, then try a paralyzing move like thunderwave.

Thanks, I'm going to catch Rayquaza.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-15 16:21:18

There's one move that never kills a pokemon, but I can't remember which.

that move is called fals-swipe(or somthing like that)
no mater how strong the move is, and no mather wow weak the enemy is, that move leaves the enemy with at least 1 HP.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-15 17:14:31

At 5/15/05 04:21 PM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: that move is called fals-swipe(or somthing like that)
no mater how strong the move is, and no mather wow weak the enemy is, that move leaves the enemy with at least 1 HP.

Yes, that's the one. Damned useful.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-16 06:28:41

On red ,blue, and yellow, catching Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltress were no pieces of cake. You needed to weaken them without knocking them out. And every time you tried to throw a pokeball, they dodge it with no succsess of chance of capture. I always used the sleep status. As for Mewtwo, I always used the master ball cause Mewtwo can regenerate from even the heaviest of damage by using recover. Ho-oh and Lugia were also quite tough to catch. Ho-oh kept using safeguard to prevent status effects from happening. Lugia was just plain strong. As for Entei, Suicune, and uhhh shit I forgot the name of that legendary cat that was the electric type. Anyway, they wonder the wild but they cant regenerate hp and tou need to use the pokedex and the poke gear to track them down. Suicune in crystal verson you had to meet up with it.
Honnen's legendary pokemon I never encountered yet but for me thats ways ahead.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-16 06:30:11

At 5/15/05 09:56 AM, FinPro wrote:

Good luck. By the way, how are you going to catch Rayquaza?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-16 06:34:18

You dont kill a pokemon, you K.O. it. I n other words, they faint and become uncatchable . But if your trying to catch ANY legendary pokemon, I suggest you SAVE right where your with the same chamber as the legendary pokemon is Before you take it on. If you mess up, you can reset it without suffering the guilt. How was my advise?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-16 06:39:19

At 5/14/05 06:25 PM, BananaBread_Muffin wrote:
At 5/14/05 04:12 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: BM08 Ember: This should be eazy for some types besides fire to learn this. Try teaching this to a Jigglypuff, or a Squirtle. It would be quite amusing to see a Squirtle use fire attack.

I know. But it was a good thought though. I know you cant teach a Pidgey dig or a Dugtrio fly, that I know is impossible. But Suirtle may be able to use ether a low grade fire or electric attack like Staryu can. I mean, Charmander was able to use all the element punches didnt it? It will take me some time to think of more ideas as for now.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-16 10:25:15

I need a slight break from the mall thing, I need to find more background stuff anyway lol

So for a little bit I am going to try and make soem gym badges ^^

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-16 10:34:39

At 5/16/05 06:30 AM, Tanooki_John wrote:
At 5/15/05 09:56 AM, FinPro wrote:
Good luck. By the way, how are you going to catch Rayquaza?

Well, I tried and tried and tried but I couldn't catch it so I (cries) used Master ball.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-05-16 11:44:27

At 5/16/05 06:28 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: Entei, Suicune, and uhhh shit I forgot the name

Raikou.

Tanooki, reply to all the posts in one single post. It looks a lot neater. At present, it looks like you're just trying to boost your club's replies.

And I know it's KO, not actual death. It's just a figure of speech. You didn't need the excessive use of bold and itallic, I'm not a retard. You should avoid it, to you it may be trying to make it sound clearer, to me it seems patronising.

BBS Signature