00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club

734,107 Views | 12,015 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-19 20:18:33

Hello there everyone. I'd like to join if you all don't mind. I'm not a HUGE Pokemon dude like I was when it was huge and I was about eight or nine, but I still play the one game I have: Pokemon Yellow, which I recently bought from this kid in my school for $1.75, and I still think it's a great RPG, even though it's somewhat crappy. Anyway, I also was wondering, are the newer versions of Pokemon (Ruby, Sapphire, Silver, Gold, Leaf Green, i think are some of the newer ones) better than the old Pokemon games, because all I know is that they have more Pokemon, like 500 or something like that number.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-19 20:23:15

At 4/19/05 04:38 PM, Neo_Pikachu wrote: Any requests for Pokémon you’d like to see wearing ski masks and camouflage pants? Just make sure they have two hands to hold guns (Like Charmander and Pikachu) and don't stay on all fours (Like Bulbasaur and Vulpix).

I'd love to see some cool Pokemon in there such as Jigglypuff (that would be pretty funny to see him get owned, since he's a balloon Pokemon), Khangaskhan, Squirtle, Blastoise, Lickitung, and Mewtwo. Shame you can't have Bulbasaur in there...he was always my favorite Pokemon of my top 5 (Bulbasaur, Pidgeot, Charmander, Jigglypuff, Blastoise).

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-20 01:36:31

I played Defend the Pichu Blimp and it is rather fustrating. I have to move Pichu and Raichu in some kind of rhymic way, and at the same time, launching the missle at the Taillows. I have a tough time with this game. However, it is quite addicting.

My game has a pretty simple control sceme. If you played 2D shooters, then you can become familiar with this game. Right now, I am just designing characters and power-ups. I wish there is a sprite map background for Pokemon so that I can design the level's enviroments, like town, ocean, sky, underground, factory/building. I am placing five levels in this game. If not, then I have to improvise or ask my friend (he can find game sprites in games. I bet he is using some kind of emulator). Also, I am testing the controls for Pikachu. I am getting a hang of this. It is part simple and part complex. However, I know some algebra and trigametry. I just wish I know the use of them for actionscripting.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-20 03:20:21

At 4/20/05 01:36 AM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: I bet he is using some kind of emulator

If you have the original copy of the game, it is 100% legal to own an emulated copy as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-20 03:21:54

At 4/19/05 08:18 PM, -Buddhist- wrote: I was wondering, are the newer versions of Pokemon (Ruby, Sapphire, Silver, Gold, Leaf Green, i think are some of the newer ones) better than the old Pokemon games, because all I know is that they have more Pokemon, like 500 or something like that number.

Don't believe that!

For example, Ruby and Saphire have around 300 pokemon. You can't catch all the red, blue, gold and silver pokemon in Hoenn. I also found Ruby shorter than gold and silver. But that shouldn't stop you getting them. Because they're a good play, and still a decent length.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-20 06:36:04

At 4/19/05 12:05 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: http://www.freewebs.com/pokemon_nexus/

Site is up, but nothing much there yet ofcourse =/

Thats great! I love it! :) I like the way you edited the first 5 characters so far, I wonder if there going to be more. As for more of the good guys, put like Neo_Pikachu is a talking super powerful pikachu who is going to help the good guys. Me? I will be an adult trainer who can use a specal form of chaos control and can shapeshift into different people (mainly taking the form of Kaolla Su most of the times) I can follow the group and give them support and start with Mew, Celibi, and Jurachi. If you need a picture of me so you can edit me in your comic, I will send it by e-mail only. I hope your comic will be a total sucsess.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-20 06:39:02

At 4/19/05 08:18 PM, -Buddhist- wrote: Hello there everyone. I'd like to join if you all don't mind. I'm not a HUGE Pokemon dude like I was when it was huge and I was about eight or nine, but I still play the one game I have: Pokemon Yellow, which I recently bought from this kid in my school for $1.75, and I still think it's a great RPG, even though it's somewhat crappy. Anyway, I also was wondering, are the newer versions of Pokemon (Ruby, Sapphire, Silver, Gold, Leaf Green, i think are some of the newer ones) better than the old Pokemon games, because all I know is that they have more Pokemon, like 500 or something like that number.

Shure man why not! I will se if DVS will edit you a members card (I wonder when he will make the CatsLeotards his card?) If your not a huge fan? thats ok. Welcome to the club.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-20 06:41:33

At 4/19/05 02:41 PM, Neo_Pikachu wrote:
At 4/19/05 01:13 PM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote:
Nah, make pokemon vs pokemon. It'd be better, trust me. Having them fight disney would be too obscure.
Yeah, alright. I'll consider that.

I have a suggestion. On your new flash, Lets add Digimon characters as the terrorists too. (since Ban-di ripped off pokemon immages and tried to compete which ended up poorly) How about that?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-20 06:52:57

At 4/19/05 04:38 PM, Neo_Pikachu wrote: Heh, I already have a logo set for the flash.

Any requests for Pokémon you’d like to see wearing ski masks and camouflage pants? Just make sure they have two hands to hold guns (Like Charmander and Pikachu) and don't stay on all fours (Like Bulbasaur and Vulpix).

Still, just keep in mind that with all flash work, this stuff takes quite some time.

I might have some ideas later on and I already have been entering members on my portal buddies list. So incase some of us donate any ideas for your flash, they will get some credit for vouenteering in flash support. I hope your project will be a great one, I will see if Dark_Volcano_Sam can edit a Tanooki_John's Pro-Pokemon club offical flash approval/sponsor seal to add into the flash's front page or menu etc. How does that sound? I would use this pic but just cut out the head and make like a circle shaped banner with these words TANOOKI_JOHN'S PRO-POKEMON CLUB SEAL OF APPROVAL . How is that? Plus DVS can add that to his Pika air strike main menu somewhere in the corner.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-20 11:00:24

At 4/19/05 08:18 PM, -Buddhist- wrote: Hello there everyone. I'd like to join if you all don't mind.

Sure, welcome. :)

I'm not a HUGE Pokemon dude like I was when it was huge and I was about eight or nine, but I still play the one game I have: Pokemon Yellow, which I recently bought from this kid in my school for $1.75, and I still think it's a great RPG, even though it's somewhat crappy.

I know about Pokemon not being as popular as it used to be, but getting Pokemon Yellow for $1.75? OMFG!

Anyway, I also was wondering, are the newer versions of Pokemon (Ruby, Sapphire, Silver, Gold, Leaf Green, i think are some of the newer ones) better than the old Pokemon games, because all I know is that they have more Pokemon, like 500 or something like that number.

Well, I'll have to say that the old games had a better storyline, but I felt I had so much on Pokemon Sapphire. Possibly more fun than I had with any other Pokemon version. O_O

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-20 11:47:17

At 4/20/05 06:41 AM, Tanooki_John wrote:
I have a suggestion. On your new flash, Lets add Digimon characters as the terrorists too. (since Ban-di ripped off pokemon immages and tried to compete which ended up poorly) How about that?

Well, the only problem is I don't know anything about Digimon at all. Sure, I could use Google and just pop in a few random characters that I see from an image search, but I honestly don't think that's the best approach, especially considering the fact I know know what they're like or what they can do. Sorry about that.

Honestly, LFB probably has the best approach, just keep it strictly Pokemon and leave it at that.

On a side note, I have a pretty good idea which Pokemon I'm going to put into the flash, but I have no idea what to use as a setting. I was thinking either using:

City Park
Industrial Complex
Rooftops of Skyscrapers
Subway

But other than that, so far the flash is coming along pretty good, even if I've only done the intro screens.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-20 11:49:09

At 4/20/05 06:36 AM, Tanooki_John wrote:
Thats great! I love it! :) I like the way you edited the first 5 characters so far, I wonder if there going to be more.

I'm sure more will show up eventually ^^ those are the main 5 though =)

As for more of the good guys, put like Neo_Pikachu is a talking super powerful pikachu who is going to help the good guys.

Sure thats not going to far? I guess I coudl make it happen eventually though =) If he wants to be a talking pikachu in the comic.

Me? I will be an adult trainer who can use a specal form of chaos control and can shapeshift into different people (mainly taking the form of Kaolla Su most of the times)

Shape shift? Chaos control? Sounds more like it's from Sonic not pokemon =/
and Shape shifting? Talking pikachu is one thing. But are you sure thats not going to far? I coudl do it, but I need a better explanation for it.... Um? How do you feel about beinga ditto that likes taking human form? =D that way you can shape shape shift, and still be human *in a sense lol*

I can follow the group and give them support and start with Mew, Celibi, and Jurachi.

Nice team =D

If you need a picture of me so you can edit me in your comic, I will send it by e-mail only. I hope your comic will be a total sucsess.

Sure send me a pic if ya want.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-20 17:02:23

At 4/20/05 06:36 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: I can follow the group and give them support and start with Mew, Celibi, and Jurachi.

No offense intended whatsoever, but doesn't that seem a bit arrogant?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-20 18:21:29

At 4/19/05 08:18 PM, -Buddhist- wrote: Anyway, I also was wondering, are the newer versions of Pokemon (Ruby, Sapphire, Silver, Gold, Leaf Green, i think are some of the newer ones) better than the old Pokemon games,

Well.....LF and FR [Leaf Green Fire Red] are the same as Red and Blue; the story line and setting.....But with new pokemon and islands.....

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-21 03:17:08

At 4/19/05 08:18 PM, -Buddhist- wrote: Ruby, Sapphire, Silver, Gold, Leaf Green

Leaf Green and Fire Red are basically Red and Blue but better. Ruby and Sapphire are completely different to all the others, on a different island, with different pokemon, etc. Silver Gold, and Crystal aren't new at all, but, in my view, are still the best pokemon games. When I say they're a massive play, I mean massive. They have a plot around twice as long as Pokemon Yellow. If only they'd make a "Ring Gold" and a "Cutlery Silver" with some nice GBA graphics, then my world would be complete.

Note: Ruby, Sapphire, Leaf Green, and Fire Red only work on GBA, GBA SP, or Nintendo DS.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-21 06:03:26

At 4/21/05 03:17 AM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote:
Note: Ruby, Sapphire, Leaf Green, and Fire Red only work on GBA, GBA SP, or Nintendo DS.

and on the gamecube gameboy player. =P

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-21 06:39:38

At 4/20/05 05:02 PM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote:
At 4/20/05 06:36 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: I can follow the group and give them support and start with Mew, Celibi, and Jurachi.
No offense intended whatsoever, but doesn't that seem a bit arrogant?

WOW! Did you edit that? It looks awsome! That will go great with all the new pokemon flash and games by the members here. Thanks man, I like it alot!!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-21 06:46:07

At 4/20/05 11:49 AM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:
At 4/20/05 06:36 AM, Tanooki_John wrote:
Sure thats not going to far? I guess I coudl make it happen eventually though =) If he wants to be a talking pikachu in the comic.
Me? I will be an adult trainer who can use a specal form of chaos control and can shapeshift into different people (mainly taking the form of Kaolla Su most of the times)
Shape shift? Chaos control? Sounds more like it's from Sonic not pokemon =/
and Shape shifting? Talking pikachu is one thing. But are you sure thats not going to far? I coudl do it, but I need a better explanation for it.... Um? How do you feel about beinga ditto that likes taking human form? =D that way you can shape shape shift, and still be human *in a sense lol*
I can follow the group and give them support and start with Mew, Celibi, and Jurachi.
Nice team =D
If you need a picture of me so you can edit me in your comic, I will send it by e-mail only. I hope your comic will be a total sucsess.
Sure send me a pic if ya want.

Sorry if I was going alittle too far but actually, forget all about the chaos control thing and all the many shapeshifting stuff. I just wanted to shapeshift only a few forms. As for being a Ditto? no thanks, I prefer being a human, but you dont really have to put me and Neo_Pikachu in it as soon as possible, you can add us on alittle later in your comic but please take your time. The site looks great and I especally adore the space scenery. I will send you a picture of myself later on but it probably wont be this week cause I am quite buisy. (doing my daily job working for $)

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-21 06:52:13

At 4/20/05 11:47 AM, Neo_Pikachu wrote:
Well, the only problem is I don't know anything about Digimon at all. Sure, I could use Google and just pop in a few random characters that I see from an image search, but I honestly don't think that's the best approach, especially considering the fact I know know what they're like or what they can do. Sorry about that.

Honestly, LFB probably has the best approach, just keep it strictly Pokemon and leave it at that.

On a side note, I have a pretty good idea which Pokemon I'm going to put into the flash, but I have no idea what to use as a setting. I was thinking either using:

City Park
Industrial Complex
Rooftops of Skyscrapers
Subway

But other than that, so far the flash is coming along pretty good, even if I've only done the intro screens.

If your going to put Pokemon vs, Pokemon, I hope theres no gore and blood involved? cause the flamers make alot of that. I still think its a good idea to put the guys from Spoungebob as the terrorists. How about making a password feature in your game that you can change terrorists into stickfigure forms of those filthy flamers who post pokemon flaming flash and/or the iddiots who came in our old thread flaming it up and make them use poor powered weapons and us the big gaps! Is that ok?

As for backgrounds, I could send you some of my pictures I took some time ago like some cities and such.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-21 11:32:36

At 4/21/05 06:46 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: stuff

Ok then ^^

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-21 12:19:26

At 4/21/05 06:39 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: WOW! Did you edit that? It looks awsome! That will go great with all the new pokemon flash and games by the members here. Thanks man, I like it alot!!

Yeah, I made that. Thanks a lot.

I'll tell you what, do you have photoshop? I'll send you the .psd file, because if you use what I posted, you'll get the NG background stuck on it, and if I export it as a gif, it'll have really bad quality. With the psd, you can just copy and paste, or change the background to whatever colour you want.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-21 12:23:58

At 4/21/05 06:52 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: If your going to put Pokemon vs, Pokemon, I hope theres no gore and blood involved? cause the flamers make alot of that.

Surely, we want to show that Pokemon isn't completely kiddy and innocent, and that there is a darker side of Pokemon? There shouldn't be much blood, but if there isn't blood, I can see it becoming an argument against pokemon. "OGM NO BLOD GROW UP JEW GHEYS!!!"

And also, make sure it's a close one. Don't give all the bad guys crappy weapons, because it'll be boring if all that happens is bad guy dies, good guys move on, bad guy dies, good guys move on. There needs to be plenty of good guys dying as well, because that's what makes a good movie. Also, in true CounterStrike form, the last two pokemon, (only two left: the last CT and the last terrorist) should have a knife duel over a ticking bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-21 13:32:42

At 4/21/05 12:23 PM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote:
Surely, we want to show that Pokemon isn't completely kiddy and innocent, and that there is a darker side of Pokemon? There shouldn't be much blood, but if there isn't blood, I can see it becoming an argument against pokemon. "OGM NO BLOD GROW UP JEW GHEYS!!!"

And also, make sure it's a close one. Don't give all the bad guys crappy weapons, because it'll be boring if all that happens is bad guy dies, good guys move on, bad guy dies, good guys move on. There needs to be plenty of good guys dying as well, because that's what makes a good movie. Also, in true CounterStrike form, the last two pokemon, (only two left: the last CT and the last terrorist) should have a knife duel over a ticking bomb.

Well, there will be a little blood. But nothing excessive or extremely gorey like heads rolling or intestines flying or whatever. Pretty much nothing more than what the game itself has. Plus, it will take place over three or four rounds, unlike what other CS movies do such as DE_Aztec and the like while having it all take place over one round.

And yes, you gotta love those knife fights. There definitely should be one of those in the movie as well.

And here's the final roster of who's going to be in the movie:

Counter Terrorists

Pikachu - Usually big on using assault rifles and the like.
Pichu - The main sniper of the CT force. Loves spawnkilling whenever possible.
Totodile - More of the kind to use pistols and sneak up on the terrorists.
Psyduck - Still trying to figure out what weapon to use. The Pokemon who represents the newbies of CS.
Jigglypuff - Bit of a coward and a camper.

Terrorists

Meowth - Takes the game way too seriously. Hellbent on getting the best rank in the server.
Treecko - Likes attacking from a distance. Goes kamakazi if the battle takes place right next to him.
Squirtle - The groupie who follows his team members around. Never buys his own weapons since he just picks them up from fallen enemies/comrades.
Cubone - The paranoid player who thinks there's a enemy at every single corner. Often has trouble making too much noise.
Charmander - Goes all out and doesn't care too much about cover or the attention his gives to himself... often to his own detriment.

Yeah, I'm keeping it 5 VS 5 otherwise its going to take forever. Also, hopefully I'll get more time to work on it tonight. Still unsure about the setting though. I'd rather come up with a whole new setting rather than taking a map that's already in existance. Still, I'm leaning a bit more toward using the industrial complex, since that can have plenty of sniper places and close combat occurances.

Until then, take care.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-21 13:37:59

At 4/21/05 01:32 PM, Neo_Pikachu wrote: I'd rather come up with a whole new setting rather than taking a map that's already in existance.

cs_italy rules though. :(

And have Psyduck and Meowth on the same team, and Psyduck team kills Meowth.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-21 22:11:32

At 4/21/05 01:37 PM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote: cs_italy rules though. :(

And have Psyduck and Meowth on the same team, and Psyduck team kills Meowth.

Well, cs_italy isn't the best of sniping areas...

And I want to have Psyduck screw up in disfusing the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-22 01:51:41

Here is your card Buddhist. I am very much occupy on time, with my game, school, work, and other things I do. I do wish I have time to make cards. If Duckshit (Three Star) is creating a site for us, then maybe we can create a program that lets the users (members) to make cards. It may be farfetched, because there is a lot that we may not know, like uploading and resizing images. Could we make it out of Flash or we can do it on HTML? It is just an idea, do not take it seriously.

As for my game, well, I still needs some references. I do need background maps of Pokemon for my levels and pokemon images for enemies. I could draw it, but I am not good at recreating scenary. I can try . As for programming, I can handle most of it. There is a Hi-Score screen that I create. I am still working on the first level. If I am done with it, I will display it to check if everything is alright (controls, interface, gameplay experience).

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-22 03:08:02

At 4/21/05 08:28 PM, Duckshit wrote: Anyway, sweet logo, whoever that was [lost the quote.]

Me! :) <3

At 4/21/05 10:11 PM, Neo_Pikachu wrote: Well, cs_italy isn't the best of sniping areas...

True, that's probably why I like it so much. :P

And I want to have Psyduck screw up in disfusing the bomb.

If you want a bomb map, then have de_cbble. That's what I'd do.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-22 06:23:51

At 4/21/05 08:28 PM, Duckshit wrote: My ban's finally over, and I've missed too much. ;_;

Anyway, sweet logo, whoever that was [lost the quote.]

By the way, this is ThreeStar. ;D
Switched names with Duckshit, aka OneStar.

I wonder why did you change your name for? I mean, I didnt see anything wrong with Threestar? I thought you were a girl, I saw your profile screen. I dont mean to be nosy but I was only wandering.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-22 06:27:18

At 4/22/05 01:51 AM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: Here is your card Buddhist. I am very much occupy on time, with my game, school, work, and other things I do. I do wish I have time to make cards. If Duckshit (Three Star) is creating a site for us, then maybe we can create a program that lets the users (members) to make cards. It may be farfetched, because there is a lot that we may not know, like uploading and resizing images. Could we make it out of Flash or we can do it on HTML? It is just an idea, do not take it seriously.

As for my game, well, I still needs some references. I do need background maps of Pokemon for my levels and pokemon images for enemies. I could draw it, but I am not good at recreating scenary. I can try . As for programming, I can handle most of it. There is a Hi-Score screen that I create. I am still working on the first level. If I am done with it, I will display it to check if everything is alright (controls, interface, gameplay experience).

I like the new member card you made for Buddhist, looks great! I still was wondering if you could make backsides for the cards just incase anyone would like to print out there card and have a physical copy. Oh, and dont forget to add the clubs seal on your game ok? (seal made by LFB)

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-22 06:34:55

At 4/21/05 12:19 PM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote:
I'll tell you what, do you have photoshop? I'll send you the .psd file, because if you use what I posted, you'll get the NG background stuck on it, and if I export it as a gif, it'll have really bad quality. With the psd, you can just copy and paste, or change the background to whatever colour you want.

Sorry, I dont have photoshop. But I do have Paint shop pro 7! Would that work?

BBS Signature