00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 196 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club

602,158 Views | 12,047 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-12 12:35:39

At 4/12/05 12:01 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:
At 4/12/05 06:54 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: I think Ghaleonx5z may have plans to make a comic
Yup ^^ I just need ideas. See I'm wondering if I shoudl fallow the game. Or use the sprites from the games and create new characters and story. Which would probebly be better in the long run of things actually =)
We need girl members as well. Keep up the good work everyone!
I have 2 friends that like pokemon. One of them is a girl. To bad Buu and PEG don't come to Newgrounds =/

I cant wait to see your project, I think it would be awsome. If you make it, be sure to link it ok? And I will see if Dark_Volcano_Sam will make you a members card and put a Kaolla badge showing you are a prefect member. As for your 2 friends, sorry they cant come. Its ok though. I understand.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-12 12:50:27

At 4/12/05 12:35 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: I cant wait to see your project, I think it would be awsome. If you make it, be sure to link it ok?

Definatly =)
And I will see if Dark_Volcano_Sam will make you a members card and put a Kaolla badge showing you are a prefect member.
Oh um? Ok then cool thanks =) I guess I need to find a pic for the card lol
As for your 2 friends, sorry they cant come. Its ok though. I understand.
Well I don't think it's not that they can't come. I just don't think they want to join NG for some reason lol

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-13 06:40:52

At 4/11/05 04:01 PM, McPaper wrote: Not sure if u have seen this.

Woah,,, (slight speechlessness)

The front page in Pikachu language? Never expected to see that! Looks quite fun, but too bad we cant understand the language. Probably only a Pokemon could read it and understand what it says. Thanks for the link. By the way McPaper, didnt I make you a member yet? Or would you like to join?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-13 06:46:49

At 4/12/05 08:03 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: http://www.answers.com/main/nt...7M&gwp=8&curtab=2222_1

http://www.answers.com/main/nt...ng&gwp=8&curtab=2222_1

Those are quite interesting. I will read them more when I have more time. By the way, I got another pic to show everybody. I still havent made any drawings to post yet so I will post this one and tell me what would you do with this picture that would relate to pokemon? Maybe either a rest area (place to take a shit or take a leak like the places you stop at like a rest area on those highways) or a place to plant berries and grow them, whats your oppinion?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-13 06:49:04

At 4/12/05 12:50 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:
At 4/12/05 12:35 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: I cant wait to see your project, I think it would be awsome. If you make it, be sure to link it ok?
Definatly =)
And I will see if Dark_Volcano_Sam will make you a members card and put a Kaolla badge showing you are a prefect member.
Oh um? Ok then cool thanks =) I guess I need to find a pic for the card lol
As for your 2 friends, sorry they cant come. Its ok though. I understand.
Well I don't think it's not that they can't come. I just don't think they want to join NG for some reason lol

Maybe they dont like the explict content and they dont want to see it. Or they just cant stand the mean members? Im just guessing here.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-13 11:28:23

At 4/13/05 06:49 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: Maybe they dont like the explict content and they dont want to see it. Or they just cant stand the mean members? Im just guessing here.

Could be... I'll have to ask next tiem I see them online.

If it's not to much trouble, could this pic be used instead of the one in my profile? =/

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-13 13:18:35

Can anyone help me think of some new characters or gym leaders? I wanted the comic to be original, but you know like change the sprites to make new people, and the backgfround sprites to make new routes and towns =)

But new characters are going to be the hardest to think up I think lol =)

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-13 14:03:18

At 4/13/05 01:18 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:

i CAN help, but it depends in what direction you want to go...
...you can base a character on me, with his favorit pokémon nidoking!

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-13 16:50:42

Sure, that pics fine. Just let Dark_Volcano_Sam know.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-13 17:43:10

At 4/13/05 02:03 PM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: i CAN help, but it depends in what direction you want to go...

What do you mean by that?

...you can base a character on me, with his favorit pokémon nidoking!

Thats not a bad idea =)

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-13 17:53:37

At 4/13/05 01:18 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Can anyone help me think of some new characters or gym leaders? I wanted the comic to be original, but you know like change the sprites to make new people, and the backgfround sprites to make new routes and towns =)

hmmmmm.......You can make Ash's brother that he never knew he had named.......Sey or something like that....He can have Flygon, Gardevoir, And a lengendary pokemon for once like.....Rayquaza....he can also have pluse and minun because they resemble Pikachu....so...

pkmn trainer Sey
Pluse
Minun
Flygon
Gardevoir
Rayquaza

and the setting.....they showed...
Kanto [west]
Johto [east]
Honnen [north]
There's no south........
the reigon could be in the south named Minami
and the city......Sumire Town
with the city full of sakura leaves and such.....

So.....Do I get credit in the flash for saying my ideas?

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-13 18:00:21

At 4/13/05 05:53 PM, Killha wrote: So.....Do I get credit in the flash for saying my ideas?

You'll get credit if I use it sure =)

But it's for a comic, not a flash. Don't have flash =/ If I get flash I'll make it into one though ^^

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-13 22:23:38

Okay Ghaleonx5z. Your card is ready!

As of now, I am just scrolling around some tutorials, so that I will learn to program my flash game. Well, I will keep on trying.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-14 00:23:07

(creepy lizard*lizard's cousin*)im one big pokemon fan,anyway i am against flaming to,but i dont flame them back and i addvice all of the pokemon fans not to flame them back,i told my cousin many times about not flaming back but he never learns=P
flaming them back will give us a bad name,arent we spouse to be the good guys?
anyway...here are some things pokehaters say and why im against it:

POKEMON IS GAY:...i dont really see anything homosexual in pokemon,tell me WHY it is gay then il answer you.

POKEMON IS FOR 7 YEAR OLDS:wrong...pokemon is rated EVERYONE,ALLAGES...so any dude in any age can like pokemon,im 14 an i like pokemon,it is rated all ages,not rated KIDS

POKEMONS ARE JUST CRAPPY LIL ANIMALZ!1!!1:hay,wait a sec,lil?..you mean little right?,will yes there are some lil pokemons but not all,how small is onyx,snorlax,wealmer,charizard,garyados ect...?
so it is obviecly u dont know anything about pokemon.

POKEMON IS STUPID:wrong,pokemon game countains stratigy,puzzles and math,so how can it be stupid?

PEOPLE ARE WASTEING THERE MONEY FOR THIS USELESS POKEMON:why do u think pokemon is USELESS?,like i said b4 that the game countains stratigy ,puzzles and math,and im sure these things are usefull for a human's brain

FUCK POKEMON!:do u really beleive that swearing will proove that pokemon is wrong?,..will guess what?..it wont.
the only thing swearing will proove is how sick minded u are.

more coming soon!

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-14 00:48:55

I am trying to get every member's card. Here you go supershadic1!

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-14 02:28:31

Here are some more cards!

Adam Clarkson
Arch Angel Rhys
Majin Wilder

By the way, does somebody found a site that contains Pokemon sprites, background, sound, or any reference alike? This is for my game already in progress.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-14 06:42:07

At 4/14/05 12:23 AM, lizard wrote: (creepy lizard*lizard's cousin*)im one big pokemon fan,anyway i am against flaming to,but i dont flame them back and i addvice all of the pokemon fans not to flame them back,i told my cousin many times about not flaming back but he never learns=P
flaming them back will give us a bad name,arent we spouse to be the good guys?
anyway...here are some things pokehaters say and why im against it:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I too dont take very kindly to filthy flamers either. It all started with my original general thread to give attention to only the pokemon fans but too many flamers polluted it. But now this club will take its place. How would you like to join our club?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-14 06:53:10

At 4/14/05 02:28 AM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: Here are some more cards!

Adam Clarkson
Arch Angel Rhys
Majin Wilder

By the way, does somebody found a site that contains Pokemon sprites, background, sound, or any reference alike? This is for my game already in progress.

The cards look great. Keep them coming please but be sure to take your time. When I get the time, I will try to find a site with more pokemon sprites ok?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-14 06:57:04

At 4/13/05 10:23 PM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: Okay Ghaleonx5z. Your card is ready!

As of now, I am just scrolling around some tutorials, so that I will learn to program my flash game. Well, I will keep on trying.

The card you did for Ghaleonx5z looks fantastic! Yes you may use the club leader badge for him too since he too is a club leader himself. (he runs the final fantasy club)
I will be looking foward for more cards as well.

As for the member card backs, I still suggest to stick with the equal size of the card and be sure it will closley resemble the first pokedex.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-14 10:23:19

At 4/13/05 10:23 PM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: Okay Ghaleonx5z. Your card is ready!

Hey awsome =D thanks man ^^

At 4/14/05 06:57 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: The card you did for Ghaleonx5z looks fantastic! Yes you may use the club leader badge for him too since he too is a club leader himself. (he runs the final fantasy club)

Actually I'm only second, unless the leader is away lol, and I haven't seen him for a long time now actually.
But I am in charge of 2 other clubs, and co leader of a third =P

Oh anyway I'm working on some sprites for the comic ^^ Got a few ones done, but need to give them names and info. I have plans for a few though.
I just need to figure out how many main characters to make. Then do Gym leaders, and elite four =)
Then for endlessly trying to desgin new towns and routes lol XD What fun =P I realy don't mind though. Haven't done anything this big ina long time it's fun ^^

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-14 11:07:44

At 4/14/05 12:23 AM, lizard wrote: POKEMON IS GAY:...i dont really see anything homosexual in pokemon,tell me WHY it is gay then il answer you.

That I agree with most. Saying that word is wrong. Pokemon isn't homosexual and if people don't mean to call it homosexual, then they are abusing that word.

POKEMON IS FOR 7 YEAR OLDS:wrong...pokemon is rated EVERYONE,ALLAGES...so any dude in any age can like pokemon,im 14 an i like pokemon,it is rated all ages,not rated KIDS

I have to agree with that as well. One of my friends really likes Pokemon and he's 17. Who cares about the age? People only say Pokemon is for 7 years olds, because it was mainly aimed for kids, but it isn't a crime to not be a kid and like Pokemon.

If you're wanting to join this club, then I welcome you. :D

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-15 06:27:58

At 4/14/05 11:07 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 4/14/05 12:23 AM, lizard wrote:

:lizard: : POKEMON IS GAY:...i dont really see anything homosexual in pokemon,tell me WHY it is gay then il answer you.
Bhamut7: That I agree with most. Saying that word is wrong. Pokemon isn't homosexual and if people don't mean to call it homosexual, then they are abusing that word.

lizard: POKEMON IS FOR 7 YEAR OLDS:wrong...pokemon is rated EVERYONE,ALLAGES...so any dude in any age can like pokemon,im 14 an i like pokemon,it is rated all ages,not rated KIDS

Bhamut7: I have to agree with that as well. One of my friends really likes Pokemon and he's 17. Who cares about the age? People only say Pokemon is for 7 years olds, because it was mainly aimed for kids, but it isn't a crime to not be a kid and like Pokemon.

If you're wanting to join this club, then I welcome you. :D

I agree with Bahmut7, lizard, welcome to the club.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-15 11:35:12

5 characters for th main cast,a nd I picked there startes out of a hat =P lol so no none of them have a normal start pokemon and I added all 1rst versions of each pokemon, no second or 3rd evolutions.

Now I am starting on the gym leaders ^^

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-15 14:46:54

I redirected a poster with a Pokemon-based RPG to here, since he was getting flamed in General.

Maybe you guys can give him tips and helpful suggestions.

He should post soon. Just a heads up, so you aren't all WTF???

:)

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-15 15:30:01

At 4/15/05 11:35 AM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: 5 characters for th main cast,a nd I picked there startes out of a hat =P lol so no none of them have a normal start pokemon and I added all 1rst versions of each pokemon, no second or 3rd evolutions.

realy? why not have one character ho is OBSESSED with making pokémons evolve becuse he thinks none evolved pokémons are weak?

Now I am starting on the gym leaders ^^

...stupid question, but do you also have team rocket/magma/aqua or somthing totaly new in it?

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-15 15:59:56

At 4/14/05 12:23 AM, lizard wrote: POKEMONS ARE JUST CRAPPY LIL ANIMALZ!1!!1:hay,wait a sec,lil?..you mean little right?,will yes there are some lil pokemons but not all,how small is onyx,snorlax,wealmer,charizard,garyados ect...?
so it is obviecly u dont know anything about pokemon.

Ok, firstly, I want to say, I respect you guys for standing up for yourself in a world where it's cool to play Manhunt and Chronicles of Riddick and games that have only one selling point: killing. Secondly, I want to say, don't get me wrong. I'm not a Pokemon hater. I loved the Pokemon games. I played Gold obsessively until I lost it :(. I played Ruby loads until I traded it in to put money towards the DS. I'm seriously considering buying Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal second hand, if my Gameboy Colour ever works again.

That said, I have to say, brother of lizard, your point isn't so strong here. Yes, those pokemon are big if you go to Pokedex and read how big they are. But the point that the anti-pokemon group is trying to make isn't that "Hey, pokemon are only 3 feet high." They're saying "Hey, aren't you a bit too old to play a game with imaginary animals." Which is an entirely different point. Come on, be honest, if someone said they didn't like Pokemon, you wouldn't say "SAY THAT AGAIN INFRONT OF MY 35 FOOT LONG ONIX!!!1!1!!", would you? loffel.

That said, can I join?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-15 16:01:42

At 4/15/05 03:59 PM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote: That said, can I join?

Sure, why not? :D You've made a good post about Pokemon, so I'm sure John will allow you to join. :)

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-15 17:09:02

At 4/15/05 03:30 PM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: realy? why not have one character ho is OBSESSED with making pokémons evolve becuse he thinks none evolved pokémons are weak?

Sure I'm sure one of them can do that ^^

...stupid question, but do you also have team rocket/magma/aqua or somthing totaly new in it?

Yes I have plans for that, and I shall try to make them seem even more evil than the others.
Also have a group trying to stop them =)
I just need to think up names for the teams =/