00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cdhoeh0112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club

736,870 Views | 12,015 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-26 17:14:49

Um can I join? my fav. is chimchar. My friend code is 2964 5078 2176 , anyone who wants to fight me just tell me your friend code, thanks.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-26 19:53:18

wow, tanooki john, i didnt know you had a pokemon club on ng. that's cool

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-26 19:56:20

At 4/26/07 04:28 PM, Kalandro wrote: Wrong again. I simply insisted that he have respect for everyone on this board, no matter the age. The words "I'm 13" mean the large age difference there is.

Yet you stated that "age does not matter", your point being?

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-26 20:48:33

I hate all the people that rush through the game. Right now I just finished breeding perfect Mr. Mime (Perfect Nature + IV's) and I have began to train it. I got a perfect nature Ramparidos too, so that's pretty cool. Anyone who wants to battle me, my friend code is 0559 3236 9400. Warning, as I am not running the game just to get to Pal Park or whatever and actually enjoying myself, I am only up to the 6 or 7th Gym leader. I have over 36 hours packed in already, and since I breeded so much, I have 6 Cranidos and 12 Mr. Mime up for trade. I have Pearl.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-26 21:38:34

At 4/26/07 07:53 PM, Strauss wrote: wow, tanooki john, i didnt know you had a pokemon club on ng. that's cool

Umm, where the hell have you been? Over 200 pages of pure Pokemon conversations and you didn't notice Tanooki made it? :/
-Anyways, I beat the Elite Four and now my Pokemon are at level 60. I need to get them to level 100 by next friday. It seems impossible though. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-27 06:01:50

At 4/26/07 09:38 PM, Seamonky wrote:
Umm, where the hell have you been? Over 200 pages of pure Pokemon conversations and you didn't notice Tanooki made it? :/
-Anyways, I beat the Elite Four and now my Pokemon are at level 60. I need to get them to level 100 by next friday. It seems impossible though. :/

The last time I challenged the elite's were on B/R/Y/G/S from the old gameboy versons. I havent played my other pokemon games in quite awhile. But they have new TCG card series like uhhhh. Power keepers. You may want to check out the offical Pokemon TCG website for more info.

At 4/26/07 07:53 PM, Strauss wrote: wow, tanooki john, i didnt know you had a pokemon club on ng. that's cool

Oh yes. I have had this club for like almost 2 years now. If you want to you can check out the links above my sig for fun extras. Plus I own the "Megaman Zero club" on sheezyart.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-27 15:53:48

At 4/26/07 07:56 PM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 4/26/07 04:28 PM, Kalandro wrote: Wrong again. I simply insisted that he have respect for everyone on this board, no matter the age. The words "I'm 13" mean the large age difference there is.
Yet you stated that "age does not matter", your point being?

Yet what I meant was it doesn't matter in general. Don't try to pick sides with the older user because this is of no concern to you.

End of discussion about this.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-27 15:57:01

At 4/27/07 03:53 PM, Kalandro wrote: Yet what I meant was it doesn't matter in general.

I know what you meant the first time around. It is the

Don't try to pick sides with the older user because this is of no concern to you.

I pick whichever side I feel like based on what I see, not solely because of age.

End of discussion about this.

Now it is.

At 4/26/07 08:48 PM, Cema wrote: I have over 36 hours packed in already, and since I breeded so much, I have 6 Cranidos and 12 Mr. Mime up for trade. I have Pearl.

Can I say... Pokemon Farming? XP

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-27 15:59:07

At 4/27/07 03:57 PM, HaroFreak wrote: I know what you meant the first time around. It is the

Ha, than why did you ask?

I pick whichever side I feel like based on what I see, not solely because of age.

Alright.

Now it is.

Now it is, because I said so.

Friends?

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-27 20:30:11

I might be getting a DS and Diamond/Pearl soon!

My birthday is on December 19...since it's so close to Christmas, I managed to convince my parents to celebrate my birthday on June 19 (six months-ish from Christmas) so I didn't have to wait a year to get more presents, heh.

I'm hoping I can convince them to splurge and get me a DS and Diamond/Pearl...I really hope so, I don't want to get behind the times...up til the fourth generation, I was a really good battle tactician, and if I get left behind, I'm gonna be bummed.

So...can someone explain the whole Wi-Fi thing? I've never played a DS, so I don't know how it works. Is there something I'll need for it that's sold separately?

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-28 11:55:49

Guess what everyone, I got my copies of Diamond/Pearl but I need to get home first before I try them out.

By the way, hasnt anyone checked out my Megaman Zero fan-fic yet? Just asking.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-28 13:21:56

At 4/28/07 11:55 AM, Tanooki-John wrote: Guess what everyone, I got my copies of Diamond/Pearl but I need to get home first before I try them out.

Both? Do you own 2 DS systems? If so, you must be a really hardcore Pokefan. I only own Pearl - 2 DS systems with Diamond & Pearl would add up to about $400. But good for you man, you'll really enjoy the game!

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-28 13:29:41

At 4/27/07 08:30 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: My birthday is on December 19...since it's so close to Christmas, I managed to convince my parents to celebrate my birthday on June 19 (six months-ish from Christmas) so I didn't have to wait a year to get more presents, heh.

Man, I wish I can do that. My birthday is close to your birthday now, June 11th.

Both? Do you own 2 DS systems? If so, you must be a really hardcore Pokefan. I only own Pearl - 2 DS systems with Diamond & Pearl would add up to about $400. But good for you man, you'll really enjoy the game!

He doesn't have 2 DS's, he only has one DS. He possibly has one of them. If he does have two Pokemon games, then that's awesome! :D

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-28 13:47:12

At 4/28/07 01:29 PM, Seamonky wrote: He doesn't have 2 DS's, he only has one DS. He possibly has one of them. If he does have two Pokemon games, then that's awesome! :D

It is! :D

Mainly because of the bonus possibilities of getting both legendary pokemon - Dialga and Palkia!

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-28 16:50:44

Can I say... Pokemon Farming? XP

I was looking for perfect IV's and perfect nature. Gimme your friend code so I can try them out on you. My name is Cema (ingame) and code is 0559 3236 9400. Remember, post count doesn't count in Pokemon.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-28 19:28:43

Hey, i would like to join or whatever. I have Pokemon Diamond and should get Pearl in exactly 2 weeks. Friend code- 4725 4468 1798

I am actually going to try to get all of the Pokemon, or at least all non-event ones. I have Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Colosseum. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would aid me in my quest to get most of the Pokemon.

Anyways, the way Nintendo handles the Johto Pokemon is absurd. They leak out groups of them into different games and expect us to buy them all. I am eagerly awaiting the remake of Gold and Silver, which will probably happen. It will probably be called Brass and Tin, named after the towers Lugia and Ho-Oh reside in. So, I am hoping for that, so I don't have to pull out and re-beat Colosseum and get someone to trade Lugia with me.

God I hate Nintendo so much. I want a fucking Arceus.

SON OF BITCH AMERICAN

AMERICAN IS PIG

DO YOU WANT A HAMBURGER? DO YOU WANT A PIZZA?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-28 19:30:47

At 4/28/07 07:28 PM, Noodleboy111 wrote: Anyways, the way Nintendo handles the Johto Pokemon is absurd. They leak out groups of them into different games and expect us to buy them all.

The not-so-viral marketing slogan in the offices known as "Pokemon; Gotta sell 'em all!"?

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-28 22:06:38

Hurrah! I traded a Stunky for a Piplup! Thank god for breeders out there.

Too bad it's named "A1" and its a male. So that means I'll be calling a steak sauce to fight for me.

SON OF BITCH AMERICAN

AMERICAN IS PIG

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-29 07:55:13

At 4/28/07 10:06 PM, Noodleboy111 wrote: Hurrah! I traded a Stunky for a Piplup! Thank god for breeders out there.

Too bad it's named "A1" and its a male. So that means I'll be calling a steak sauce to fight for me.

You know that you can always change your pokemon's name just by visiting some old man who called himself the "Nickname guru" or something like that.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-29 09:51:37

At 4/29/07 07:55 AM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: You know that you can always change your pokemon's name just by visiting some old man who called himself the "Nickname guru" or something like that.

You are right in a sense DVS, but you can only change the name of a Pokemon if you are/were the Original Trainer. Names changed by friends or people over WiFi will stay that way.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-29 10:41:19

Alright! Good news! I got a female Turtwig last night! Well, I put it in the day care with my little Cranidos, and well, before you know it, I had 30 baby Turtwigs. So, now I'm giving them away. PM me if you want a free Turtwig. Only one out of those 30 is female, so you are going to have to trade me something worthwhile for that.

Once I get a female Piplup and Chimchar, I'll be breeding those too, but for now, it's just Turtwigs.

SON OF BITCH AMERICAN

AMERICAN IS PIG

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-29 10:47:46

At 4/29/07 09:51 AM, Kalandro wrote:
You are right in a sense DVS, but you can only change the name of a Pokemon if you are/were the Original Trainer. Names changed by friends or people over WiFi will stay that way.

Huh? Can you train them to become more friendly to you, trusting them to become yours? Maybe it does not work that way. Oh well.

Just in case, I captured Palkia, and use it the old fashion way. I just use my pokemon with the highest level, lowering its HP to the red, and use an Ultra Ball. DO NOT USE A MASTER BALL ON LEGENDARY POKEMONS!! The Master Ball should be used on any Pokemon that will never submit to anything lower than that said pokeball.

It is a shame. I connect online, but I thought I get a reward to do that, like a mew! I really want a mew so bad!

Also, I would like to max out my Pokedex.

Still, I love mew!

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-29 12:36:31

At 4/29/07 10:47 AM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: Huh? Can you train them to become more friendly to you, trusting them to become yours? Maybe it does not work that way. Oh well.

Yes you can if you have the appropriate badges for them to obey you (kind of obvious, there are lvl restrictions to Pokemon who obey you depending on the badges you have). You just can't change their name. If you don't like the nickname, you can always send the Pokemon back and ask the dude to change the name to the one you want, than trade back.

Just in case, I captured Palkia, and use it the old fashion way. I just use my pokemon with the highest level, lowering its HP to the red, and use an Ultra Ball. DO NOT USE A MASTER BALL ON LEGENDARY POKEMONS!! The Master Ball should be used on any Pokemon that will never submit to anything lower than that said pokeball.

Really? That's pretty neat - I always use an ultra ball to capture a legendary Pokemon. Only time I would use MasterBall is when I get a Pokemon so rare like Mew or Mewtwo and it must be caught with the MasterBall.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-29 13:07:21

At 4/29/07 12:36 PM, Kalandro wrote:
Really? That's pretty neat - I always use an ultra ball to capture a legendary Pokemon. Only time I would use MasterBall is when I get a Pokemon so rare like Mew or Mewtwo and it must be caught with the MasterBall.

You should save it for a shiny. But, if you don't really care about shiny, think you can catch it on your own, save it for the runners, such as Cressellia and Mesprit. (I think those are the runners) The level 70 Pokemon are quite easy to catch if you put just a little time into it.

SON OF BITCH AMERICAN

AMERICAN IS PIG

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-29 13:33:58

At 4/29/07 10:47 AM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: Just in case, I captured Palkia, and use it the old fashion way. I just use my pokemon with the highest level, lowering its HP to the red, and use an Ultra Ball. DO NOT USE A MASTER BALL ON LEGENDARY POKEMONS!! The Master Ball should be used on any Pokemon that will never submit to anything lower than that said pokeball.

Uh oh, I used a Mater Ball on Palkia, o well. Still, I caught Palkia so I'm ahppy. Now, I caught 2 out of 3 legendary Pokemon in the caves with an ultra ball while putting their health down to red.

It is a shame. I connect online, but I thought I get a reward to do that, like a mew! I really want a mew so bad!

When you get a National Dex, you could transfer Mew to Pokemon Pearl. That's only if you have Mew in Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald.

Still, I love mew!

Good old DVS. :)

The level 70 Pokemon are quite easy to catch if you put just a little time into it.

I really want to catch that Pokemon that looks like a possesed caterpillar. It's on level 70 or 80 when you catch it. I believe you can get it when you have the National Dex.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-30 06:09:46

I just started on Pearl. I like to submit my number but I need to know which number to type in and where to find it. Like I said before, I may be a Poke'pro but im quite new to the Wi-fi thing. I also managed to catch new pokemon too. Even found some interesting new pokemon with unique set of moves and I raised a Geodude and got it to l;earn a move called Rock Polish which is very useful.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-30 07:33:44

At 4/30/07 06:09 AM, Tanooki-John wrote: I just started on Pearl. I like to submit my number but I need to know which number to type in and where to find it. Like I said before, I may be a Poke'pro but im quite new to the Wi-fi thing. I also managed to catch new pokemon too. Even found some interesting new pokemon with unique set of moves and I raised a Geodude and got it to l;earn a move called Rock Polish which is very useful.

Well, you can't use WiFi in Jubilife City because you only have 0 or 1 badges, which apparently isn't enough. When you get to the second or third city, enter the PokeCenter there and take the escalator down. There, you will be asked to connect to a nearby internet connection, and once you do, you will be able to check your friends list and check your own Friend Code. It'll be somewhere at the bottom of the list.

As for the Geodude you caught, I caught one too when I started. It's a Graveler now, level 28, but I'm looking for a way to make it evolve into Golem (I realize I have to trade it but I'm looking for who, a reliable person). My current team consists of:

Lvl 35 - Luxray (electric)
Lvl 35 - Staraptor (flying/normal)
Lvl 33 - Priplup (water/ice)
Lvl 28 - Graveler (ground/rock)

As you can see, I have a nearly balanced team which qualifies me for Ace Trainer status :D:D

It's all good though, my goal this week is to get these 4 to level 40 and fight the 4th Gym Leader (who uses ghost-type Pokemon).

Enjoy playing Pearl Tanooki, and if you need any more help just ask.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-30 14:36:52

Using a masterball on Palkia or Dialga is a huge waste. I mean i just threw a premim ball and caught him. i of course soft reseted cause i want a good nature. either way he is quite easy to catch. just wait till is night time and throw dusk balls.

i finished the national pokedex and beat the elite four. once i catch a the legendaries that are left i shall start breeding pokemon for my team.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-30 17:42:02

At 4/29/07 01:33 PM, Seamonky wrote: I really want to catch that Pokemon that looks like a possesed caterpillar. It's on level 70 or 80 when you catch it. I believe you can get it when you have the National Dex.

Giratina? (Pic below) And yes, it is 70. The only Legendary found at 80 is Arceus, but too bad you have to go to a Nintendo event to get it. It's actually the strongest one out there.

Anyways, I have more great news. I can now breed all of the starters, instead of just Turtwig, and will breed on request. I'm sure all of you just want to expand your Pokedex, so I'm the place to get the starters you're missing.
Again, females require a good trade while males only require something like a Starly or Bidoof. Just PM me.

Eh, I've been too busy to really get far. Been leveling up my starters and breeding like crazy.

Also, my roster
- Infernape- 38
-Staravia-34
- Kadabra- 34
-Floatzel- 35
- Torterra-35
-Luxray-35

SON OF BITCH AMERICAN

AMERICAN IS PIG

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-30 17:44:22

At 4/30/07 05:42 PM, Noodleboy111 wrote:
Giratina? (Pic below) And yes, it is 70.

Aw, damn, forgot pic.

It is that one, right?

Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club