00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 194 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club

602,133 Views | 12,047 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-15 17:57:45

So.......I was looking at the last page before this one (12).......looks like this club is growing very well without stopping.......a warning to other users that didn't have faith in us......it's about time to ph43r us

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-15 20:34:42

Did anyone get Mew on Pokemon Blue?

I got it by some workaround glitch and all my friends were like wtfmew?

GOOD TIMES.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-15 21:56:38

At 4/15/05 08:34 PM, o__O wrote: Did anyone get Mew on Pokemon Blue?

GOOD TIMES.

Oh yes, I remember that glitch on Pokemon Blue. It's quite strange when you have to teleport just before a trainer sees you and the menu popping up all of sudden. I thought the cheat wouldn't work, but it did and I was surprised. Also, there was a cheat with the Gambler (not sure what route it was) and on Pokemon Blue, it was possible to catch a LV7 Golem, Gengar, Growlithe (even though it should be only caught on Pokemon Red) and many more. I had fun with that cheat. So strange, though. :S

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 00:48:10

Goody! We have Lazy Fucking Bastard and Three Star as members. I can finally do something besides my game. Please note to do some objectives in your cards. You do not have to do it, but it helps since I do not like to improvise.

Badge- choose your badge(s) that suits you. It should be located on page 2. Note that your badge represents your personality as a member of this club. If you are a designer but will not do any designing or post your pics to this club, then do not obtain the designer badge.

Type- what type you are or what represents you? I can have Lazy Fucking Bastard as "Big Time Gamer" or "Pokemon Fan", or Three Star as "Maiden of the Star Syndicate" or "Pokemon Veteran". What you like to be classified?

Information/message- You can place a summary about yourself like a real Pokedex. You can post rants or messages like in your Newgrounds accounts. Place anything for message, or I can leave it as "Message Pending".

As for my game, I am just designing the game because it is easier for me to do. I am just about to finish the title screen. As for the characters and backgrounds/map, I may use existing sprites or any references, if I know some sites. Could anyone help me with that?

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 11:45:14

At 4/15/05 03:59 PM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote:
At 4/14/05 12:23 AM, lizard wrote: POKEMONS ARE JUST CRAPPY LIL ANIMALZ!1!!1:hay,wait a sec,lil?..you mean little right?,will yes there are some lil pokemons but not all,how small is onyx,snorlax,wealmer,charizard,garyados ect...?
so it is obviecly u dont know anything about pokemon.
Ok, firstly, I want to say, I respect you guys for standing up for yourself in a world where it's cool to play Manhunt and Chronicles of Riddick and games that have only one selling point: killing. Secondly, I want to say, don't get me wrong. I'm not a Pokemon hater. I loved the Pokemon games. I played Gold obsessively until I lost it :(. I played Ruby loads until I traded it in to put money towards the DS. I'm seriously considering buying Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal second hand, if my Gameboy Colour ever works again.

That said, I have to say, brother of lizard, your point isn't so strong here. Yes, those pokemon are big if you go to Pokedex and read how big they are. But the point that the anti-pokemon group is trying to make isn't that "Hey, pokemon are only 3 feet high." They're saying "Hey, aren't you a bit too old to play a game with imaginary animals." Which is an entirely different point. Come on, be honest, if someone said they didn't like Pokemon, you wouldn't say "SAY THAT AGAIN INFRONT OF MY 35 FOOT LONG ONIX!!!1!1!!", would you? loffel.

That said, can I join?

Thanks for the post, and sharing your thoughts with us. We are against that Anti-pokemon flash bullshit. Im glad you know some pokemon who are not only 3 feet high. They are some seriously huge pokemon.(in real life would squash any anti-pokemon flash making bastard/bitch flat on the ground in a bloody puddle with guts) Im also trying to keep the club clean as possible so if you dont ming changing your name to something like "lazy bastard" or something simmilar? As always to a fellow pokemon fan, Welcome to the club.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 11:47:45

At 4/16/05 11:45 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: Im also trying to keep the club clean as possible so if you dont ming changing your name to something like "lazy bastard" or something simmilar? As always to a fellow pokemon fan, Welcome to the club.

Well, I don't think LFB will be changing his name at all, sorry. I know his alias has a word you probably don't like, but it's his alias and only he can choose to change his name, unless he's told by a mod or admin to remove the word. So sorry, but I don't think he will change his name.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 11:50:01

At 4/15/05 08:34 PM, o__O wrote: Did anyone get Mew on Pokemon Blue?

GOOD TIMES.

When I first got Mew, I won a specal Nintendo event "Mew for the millenium" years ago. I first got Mew on the red verson, then transfered to blue. With Gold and Silver, I have this pelican brand divice for only the use of gameboy color can edit pokemon. (Mew and Celibi) If there was any way to transfer the gameboy color pokemon to the new GBA pokemon games, that would be awsome. How would you like to join our club?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 11:51:04

At 4/16/05 11:50 AM, Tanooki_John wrote: When I first got Mew, I won a specal Nintendo event "Mew for the millenium" years ago. I first got Mew on the red verson, then transfered to blue. With Gold and Silver, I have this pelican brand divice for only the use of gameboy color can edit pokemon. (Mew and Celibi) If there was any way to transfer the gameboy color pokemon to the new GBA pokemon games, that would be awsome. How would you like to join our club?

Hmm, I'm not sure if o__O is a Pokemon fan. He probably just wanted to mention about Mew. That's all.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 11:53:07

At 4/15/05 06:13 PM, ThreeStar wrote:
At 4/15/05 05:57 PM, Killha wrote: ph43r us
Sure. :3

Anyway, the Pokemon tournament I was in went great. I got to run the contest, but I also got to participate in it, and I made it all the way to the semifinals.

And yeah, the Alakazam I was trying to plot against in an earlier thread, if you remember, was the one that brought me down. Even with my own Alakazam I couldn't beat his. ;[

So enough about that, I've got another thing on the agenda: Another contest in our league.

Any ideas?

I was thinking, like, whoever catches the most Pokemon [on R/B/Y] wins. Or something. We could have battles with specific rules, we could really do anything. ;D

Hey Threestar! Did I see you in my old thread? How's it going? How would you like to join our club? We are in need of female members and anyone who can make art, flash, post/link stuff etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 11:56:11

At 4/16/05 11:51 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
Hmm, I'm not sure if o__O is a Pokemon fan. He probably just wanted to mention about Mew. That's all.

Hmmmm,... Well I dunno? was he a flamer once before or something? By the way, Nice sic. "looks great"

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 12:30:59

Hey um? anyone know of a good site besides freewebs? And Tanooki I thought I'd ask you. What should I call the comic? =)

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 12:33:34

At 4/16/05 12:30 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Hey um? anyone know of a good site besides freewebs? And Tanooki I thought I'd ask you. What should I call the comic? =)

A website hosting place? Try http://www.angeltowns.com.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 12:41:56

At 4/16/05 12:33 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: A website hosting place? Try http://www.angeltowns.com.

Ok cool thanks ^^

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 15:12:43

At 4/16/05 12:30 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Hey um? anyone know of a good site besides freewebs? And Tanooki I thought I'd ask you. What should I call the comic? =)

I don't know if my opinions count but I was thinking....."separated at birth" maybe......<_<

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 16:25:22

Hey guys, you might want to check out this sprite comic strip !I dont know why Sonic and Knuckles are in it though but I hope you like it. Oh, if you want some help with your comic Ghaleonx5z, why not try searching on THIS SITE and search for sprites with pokemon characters in them.

If theres anything wrong with my linking, just let me know ok?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 16:28:01

At 4/16/05 04:25 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: Hey guys, you might want to check out this sprite comic strip !I dont know why Sonic and Knuckles are in it though but I hope you like it. Oh, if you want some help with your comic Ghaleonx5z, why not try searching on THIS SITE and search for sprites with pokemon characters in them.

If theres anything wrong with my linking, just let me know ok?

OOOPS! That I probably messed up on the first link. I'll try again. Hope it works this time.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 16:33:41

At 4/16/05 11:51 AM, Bahamut7 wrote::

I think your right! I saw something on his post saying "Im posting here and I dont like pokemon" on some thread. I believe HE did flame me on one of my older threads. As for him joining, I guess not. Well, thanks for letting me know.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 16:46:35

At 4/16/05 12:48 AM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote:
As for my game, I am just designing the game because it is easier for me to do. I am just about to finish the title screen. As for the characters and backgrounds/map, I may use existing sprites or any references, if I know some sites. Could anyone help me with that?

I know a site for that. You may want to try This site or you can try this one here. Let me know if you find anything useful and notify me if you either find anything else cool or you happen to find a mistake I may have made.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 18:26:52

At 4/16/05 12:48 AM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: Badge

Well, I don't know. Don't put me down as a designer yet, but I might, sometime. Make me just a flamer hunter or a member.

Type- I can have Lazy Fucking Bastard as "Big Time Gamer" or "Pokemon Fan",

Big Time Gamer, suits me.

Information/message- You can place a summary about yourself like a real Pokedex. You can post rants or messages like in your Newgrounds accounts. Place anything for message, or I can leave it as "Message Pending"

"If you know what I'm going to say next, then you know too much."

As for the characters and backgrounds/map, I may use existing sprites or any references, if I know some sites. Could anyone help me with that?

Items
That was all I could find. :|

Oh, and sorry, but I'm a bit attatched to this name, all of it. I might change the fucking to smegging, but not just yet.

Oh, tanooki, copy and paste quotes from many posts into one post reply box, to avoid all those awkward quadruple posts :)

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 18:49:12

At 4/16/05 03:12 PM, Killha wrote: I don't know if my opinions count but I was thinking....."separated at birth" maybe......<_<

They count =) I shall think about it ^^

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 18:56:08

At 4/16/05 04:25 PM, Tanooki_John wrote: Oh, if you want some help with your comic Ghaleonx5z, why not try searching on THIS SITE and search for sprites with pokemon characters in them.

Ok cool thanks =)

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 19:15:35

Here is the title screen for my game. I name it Pika Air Strike. I just want it to show to all of you. By the way Tanooki John, thank you for finding the links for the site. It may help me. As for cards, I will create them without a problem.

By the way, has anyone thought about DS skins or skins for any other console. From the looks of it, I or any other designer could design pokemon skins from that site with its template. It is just a thought, however. We do not have to take it seriously.

Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-16 19:55:26

At 4/16/05 07:15 PM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: Here is the title screen for my game. I name it Pika Air Strike. I just want it to show to all of you. By the way Tanooki John, thank you for finding the links for the site. It may help me. As for cards, I will create them without a problem.

It's nice ^_^

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-17 09:31:09

At 4/16/05 06:26 PM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote: Oh, tanooki, copy and paste quotes from many posts into one post reply box, to avoid all those awkward quadruple posts :)

Yeah, I will agree with you. But to make it less confusing, Notepad will store the copied text for you to copy later. :) I really wish we could see people's posts when we're on the Post a message page.

At 4/16/05 07:15 PM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: Here is the title screen for my game. I name it Pika Air Strike. I just want it to show to all of you.

Wow, that's very nice. :) Thanks for showing us the picture.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-17 10:30:03

At 4/16/05 07:15 PM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: Here is the title screen for my game. I name it Pika Air Strike. I just want it to show to all of you.

Looks cool man =)

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-17 17:30:47

Killha-Ok I used a few of your ideas. Ash's brother will be in it, but not the main character. And I gave him another backstory.
Also I used the region name and first town name you thought of =) Thanks again

I'll give ya credit once the comic and site are up ok? ^^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------
Ok now I have the 5 main characters bio's done... I think anyway lol

Anyway I was wondering if possible if a few of ya can draw soem original legendary pokemon, or just normal ones. I'll turn them into spries and give credit ofcourse to anyone that created them.
I just thought it would be ncie to ahve some original stuff ^^ and I figgured I'd try to involve anyone in the club that wants to help =) Make the comic seem more interesting ^^
Aswell if anyone has a name for the new villian team you know like Magma, Aqua, and Rocket where. Let me know. I have the team ready but no name.
Right now I am wrking on chnaging the look of a few thinsg to make some Gym leaders. I have the gym teams ready, and the Eliete 4. *Should there be more than 4 this tiem though?* anyway the Eliete 4 will be a few returning characters that I hope no one expects.
After the Eliete 4 I have plans to go further though ^^ But that won't be for a long time ofcourse lol =D

Wow I am really getting into this hehe ^^ I hope it goes off well ^^ Still alot of work before I can actually start making the comic though lol But am I ever enjoying working on it all ^^

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-17 17:50:59

At 4/17/05 05:30 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Killha-Ok I used a few of your ideas. Ash's brother will be in it, but not the main character. And I gave him another backstory.
Also I used the region name and first town name you thought of =) Thanks again

I'll give ya credit once the comic and site are up ok? ^^

YAY!!!!!!!
^-^

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-17 21:23:49

I like the games - but I hate the movies, merchandise and movies; is this cool with you guys? In total I have owned red, yellow (waste of money IMO), gold and firered (looking quite forward to emerald).

I started a new game on firered like a week and a half ago, I can post my team and stuff you guys want.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2005-04-18 00:14:59

Yeah, sorry I haven't been around either. Trust me, I haven't forgotten though.

Thing is, I spent most of my time at Pokemon Elite 2000's forums and I serve as a Global Moderator there. You're always welcome to join, and we're always looking for some great members.

Pokemon Elite 2000 Forums

Also, I'll try to get more active here, but it seems like I'm usually needed everywhere.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature