00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AlsoTlant just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Relationship Crew

461,240 Views | 7,299 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-11 19:14:44

I don't really know how exactly you would break that to her. Plus, do you think i should do it now, or wait untill we've known each other a little longer?

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-11 19:21:41

At 2/11/07 07:14 PM, Gorillazrock wrote: I don't really know how exactly you would break that to her. Plus, do you think i should do it now, or wait untill we've known each other a little longer?

Do it now before you get locked into the friendship zone. As to breaking it to her well I suggest as direct a method as possible. Such as Hey....(her name here)... I like you and was hoping maybe we could go see a movie or something some time.

Priest of Anubis and guardian of the NOX.

I'm a heavy drinking, chain smoking, foul mouthed sailor and guess what Im dating your SISTER!

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-12 09:10:49

Do you think that it would have the same effect if i just asked her to a movie instead of adding the "I like you" part? i'm thinking if i spend a lot of time with her, i can her feeling the same way i feel about her.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-12 17:46:54

Ok, things just got a little more complicated. She's asking "Todd" out for V-day, and he accepted. I can't figure out if i should say something or not.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-12 20:33:20

Hmmm not sure at this point. I mean it would be rather rude to try and break up thier plans however you dont want her to think that you dont like her. What I suggest is that you get her something and tell her that you wished to ask her out but since she has plans would she take a rain-check on a movie.

I'm a heavy drinking, chain smoking, foul mouthed sailor and guess what Im dating your SISTER!

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-13 12:04:08

Good idea. I'll go try and get her something today. Hope it doesn't seem rushed.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-14 08:39:10

I know I've been away for a while, but I've not really had anything constructive to say.

So, what's everyone doing for Valentines day? I'm taking Becky to the gym after work (how romantic, but I offered and she leapt at the chance). What she doesn't know is about the gifts I'm giving her, which I won't say about, in case she reads this...

</paranoia>

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-14 12:38:02

People, please help me!
I love my girlfriend alot, but I get shy whenever I'm around her.
She is the same way.
I want to break the shyness.
It's awkward.
We talk fine on AIM and on the phone, but when we're face to face we're silent.
Me and my pal are goin on a double date to see a movie with our girlfriends this weekend, and I thik that might help a bit, but i need some help fast, please!
I want to be able to talk to her.
I want to be able to kiss her.
I just get shy.
Thanks.

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-14 13:34:38

At 2/14/07 12:38 PM, condawg wrote: People, please help me!
I love my girlfriend alot, but I get shy whenever I'm around her.
She is the same way.
I want to break the shyness.
It's awkward.
We talk fine on AIM and on the phone, but when we're face to face we're silent.
Me and my pal are goin on a double date to see a movie with our girlfriends this weekend, and I thik that might help a bit, but i need some help fast, please!
I want to be able to talk to her.
I want to be able to kiss her.
I just get shy.
Thanks.

If you really love her you will break the silence! Try and get out of the habit of the awkwardness and just talk to the girl... Grow a mustache if possible it will allow you to hide your blushing cheeks!

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-14 13:38:30

At 2/14/07 01:34 PM, Moskau wrote: If you really love her you will break the silence! Try and get out of the habit of the awkwardness and just talk to the girl... Grow a mustache if possible it will allow you to hide your blushing cheeks!

ahahaha
I try to break the silence, but she is more shy than I, and a friend always comes up to show me somethin and we start screwing around.

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-14 14:44:59

At 2/14/07 01:38 PM, condawg wrote: I try to break the silence, but she is more shy than I, and a friend always comes up to show me somethin and we start screwing around.

Okay take some of these steps

1.Seems like you need to spend a little bit more alone time with you're girlfriend. Tell you're friends you're busy, and then spend some time with her.

2. Find something that you both like, and just do it together. Take something that you talked about on the phone or on AIM, and do something realted to it. If she likes sports, offer to take her to a game. If she likes puzzles, get a puzzle out and suggest you do it together. You would be suprised how easy it is to break the ice when you're doing something together

3. Also, if you know her well enough, just find something that both of you can talk about. Most people have a general knowledge on these subjects, and often have views on them.
*Politics
*Current News
*Religon (Be careful here)
*Movies (most people have a favorite movie. FInd out what it is. If you have it, watch it together.)

Talking or doing something she knows something about makes her feel intelligent, and makes her more comfortable around you. This means that she'll associate a laid back feeling with being with you, and will usually lead to her coming to you when she's stressed out, not becomeing stressed out when she comes to you.

As for you're fear of talking, you have to realize that we live in a society where a guy is expected to make a move. Suck it up, and take a chance. At least you guys are at girlfriend/boyfriend status. It's better than not knowing if she likes you or not (my situation).

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-15 18:19:00

I need your help. Ok, I`ve been going out with my girlfriend for a couple of weeks now. Well yesterday was valentines day, I got her a stuffed animal and a book, she got me an old giftcard :\, ok I`m like "Hey, it is the thought that counts so I`m not gonna say anything". But the part that irked mewas that when she gave it to me she said "Sorry its a christmas one, thats all they had left." WTF? How is she going to sit there and lie to me and tell me its new? I didn`t say nothing, just let it slide. Then the first bell rang, we walked to class together and she was more enthusiastic (spellcheck) about finding her ex boyfriend and telling him happy birthday than talking to me, this really did pissed me off. Since he is in the same class with me she came in with me when I sat my bag down. She was all smiling and laughing around him, but when we went out into the hallway to talk she was all moody and silent. I`m afraid she still might have feelings for him, but they went out a couple of years ago. What should I do? D:

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-15 19:25:24

At 2/15/07 06:19 PM, FattPandaa wrote: Stuff

Jealousy....one of the worst things you will have to face. Since your 14, relationships wont mean quite as much as girls say. I dont know the circumstances of how you and this girl actually got to going out, but it doesnt sound very solid. I mean you can usually tell when a relationship is doomed to fail, as in not talking a lot, not flirting a lot, hell not even staring at each other.

To tell you a little story
That happened with a girl i liked,I had liken her for a year, and talked with her a lot. Then one day my friend told me(her best friend) that she was going out with a guy. I knew this guy pretty well, and had no intentions but to get in her pants. I could tell by the way he looked at her, and how they would hardly talk or even acknowlege each other at times. This made me feel sort of happy, that she found out that relationships arent that easy. They of course broke up about 3 weeks later, with hardly emotion at all.

Although she actually enjoys to flirt and talk to me a lot more now. I can tell when she finds another guy attractive by the way she looks at him, and it pisses me off sure. But there isnt noting i can do because im not her boyfriend, and may not ever be.

But the best thing you can do is talk to her about it, and try not to get too mad about it at first.You will be able to tell with a talk if she fumbles around for excuses and such. But the only way to settle it is to talk.

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-16 10:39:54

Well, that's what high school is for. Having a girlfriend/boyfriend that you will eventually dump. In the country today, there is only 2% of the married population that has married thier high school sweetheart. I wouldn't count on having a long-lasting relationship, but rather as a practice for someone you will meet later in life. Trust me, you're views on what makes a good person will change when you go to college (or those who don't go, after you graduate high school). Do you really want to be with someone that you met in high school for the rest of you're life?

I know i'm kind of thinking far ahead, but you can't always rule out the possiblity that you're current girlfriend may be you're wife someday.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-18 06:19:29

At 2/15/07 06:19 PM, FattPandaa wrote: stuff

Then you need to talk to her and tell her how you feel. Find out exactly is going on. Make sure that you two work out your issues before they come to a nasty head.

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-19 18:27:01

Hey! I was wondering if maybe someone on here could help me, because i have a bit of a problem. I already made a topic about this in the General Forums, but you guys seem to know what you're doing and have more experience with this.
Here is a link: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=65 6455
Read about my problem and tell me if there's anything I can do. Thanks!

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-19 18:44:54

At 2/19/07 06:27 PM, vExAtIoN wrote: Hey! I was wondering if maybe someone on here could help me, because i have a bit of a problem. I already made a topic about this in the General Forums, but you guys seem to know what you're doing and have more experience with this.
Here is a link: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=65 6455
Read about my problem and tell me if there's anything I can do. Thanks!

Well here it goes. You need to tell friend one that he is making you uncomfortable and ask him to chill before his actions get to you so much that they kill your friendship. As for friend #2 well I would guess that he sorta likes you and this is why friend ones behavior ticks him off so much. What I suggest is that you ask him out to a movie "with a few friends" and then have said friends "mysteriously" not show so that you are alone with him. Then try and turn it into going out for something to eat after. Thats one I suggest that you tell him how you fell. If they are good friends you will not lose them through these actions.

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-22 12:04:20

Okay, it’s been a while since I posted here (3 day bans suck). I simply told a racism thread that hate clubs are not allowed. Eh, what can you do?

This may take a while, so get comfortable. If you haven’t looked at my post about someone I’m going after, please read that before you read this.

Anyway, I did ask her out on a date (of sorts). I asked her to a movie. She said one of the worst answers possible. “I don’t know, I might have something going on this weekend. MAYBE.” This wouldn’t be so bad, but she told me earlier that week that she had nothing going on this weekend. Also, she tells me now that she won’t have anything going on this weekend. I think that this means she doesn’t want to go to that level yet.

Question1: Is she saying that I should back off, or that she’s not ready?

Second, I’ve talked to some of my real-life friends about some things she’s done. They say that she’s giving me hints to make a move, but recent events have made me question that.

Here’s a list of things that may show things going well.

1.Asked me to be a salsa dance partner (She really likes it, and we practice in a class about 2 hours a day.) Get to spend a lot of time together, and salsa is a very close dance between two people. Little bit bonding there. It’s also a very sexual dance. Hint, possibly?

2.She offered to pay the $50 fee to get me into the Latin Dance Club. She doesn’t seem to blow her money much, and she’s often said that she is kind of poor (being in college and all.) She wouldn’t spend 50 dollars on just anyone.

3.She openly said that she went out with “Todd” because she had no one else will take her (Obviously letting me know she’s available.) She also said this after I said “As soon as a guy knows a girl has a boyfriend, he backs off.” Maybe she’s ready to move on?

4. We talk in the morning on AIM, sometimes eat breakfast together, I talk to her during my class, I talk to her while she is at work. After she gets off work, I either go over there, or she comes over. We spend about a good 5-6 hours a day either together or talking.

5.Trusted me enough to let me Dip her. (Move in salsa where you lean the girl very close to the ground. Takes a lot of trust, and she let me do it without question.)

6.She didn’t like me dancing with her friend in salsa class. (may be in my head, but she started ripping on her friend behind her back after I started dancing with her, saying she wasn’t as good as she was.)

7. Seems to mention “Todd” a lot. While this could be seen as bad, is this simply a way to make me feel pressured to make a move. Also, she may be expressing her feelings for me by simply replacing Alex (my name) with “Todd”

8. Says that she is often In a bad mood, but I have yet to see her in truly bad mood. I might be making her feel better.

9. She took off her bra in the same room as me. She even asked before she did it. I have told one of the other girls on my floor about it, and she says that she wouldn’t have said anything unless I wanted her to notice. She could have just as easily taken her hoodie and gone to the bathroom to take it off. According to this other girl (who’s dating my roommate), she deliberately wanted me to know.

Why haven’t I asked to be mine yet? Now here are the things holding me back from asking her out.

1.She locked arms and leaned on Todd’s shoulder, even when I was standing right there. Could be a sign that she likes him instead?

2.Often talks about her past boyfriends, saying that she’s gone through a lot of boyfriends, and how they’ve all come out bad. How can you have a good relationship with someone who thinks it will fail?

3. Still says that she hangs out with Todd, even though I never see her with him (She’s always with me.)

4.Has known Todd for 5 years, which makes statement 1 worse.

5. We went to a club to salsa dance, and she brought Todd to “watch our stuff”. Todd never even set foot on the dance floor, he wasn’t swayed to join dance. He even says he hates dancing. Why did she bring him?

6. Often says that she likes being with someone who’s her opposite, and she says that Todd is her mirror image.

Please let me know if you think I’m being paranoid about these things, or if I am actually seeing any hints she’s giving me.

I know this is a shitload of stuff, but I would appreciate if you could give me some help. (Please actually read what I wrote above.) I know that she’s the one. We have so much in common, and I know that if we get past the “friend” stage, she’ll forget about Todd, and I can have a really good relationship with her. I didn’t pick her because she looked good (though she is pretty good looking), I liked her personality. She is a copy of me, except in female form. I would love to date her, but I need you’re help to guide me through it.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-22 17:59:08

I have a boyfriend who I have been with for almost 3 years and that I also live with him.

Well I let my friend stay over the past few days, because she's been having trouble at home.. I have known her for a good few years, but I have known my boyfriend for the same time as well.

Well when I came home from college today they were both sitting down watching TV together, now I am not overly jealous.. Yes I'll slap him on his head if he does a double take on looking at a girl.. but he have a go at me if I look at a guy.. (Which is one of the reasons I no longer go on Paltalk and Skype)

So when he left for work earlier on, my friend was helping me cook dinner and she told me that he said:

I am at college
They can do "things"

The thing is my boyfriend is a major perv, BUT. Why would he stray when I have never been unfaithful, when he comes home I make him his tea. I do most things he asks and I am not ugly (not being vain or anything)

But should I just confront him?

Or just leave it as maybe she is stirring trouble?

Help please.

You can be a paedo to me any time - Amaranthus

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-22 21:49:52

Sounds like you're friend is going after him. She's trying to get you to confront him on something that never happened, and then he'll get mad at you. Then, when he's all annoyed, she'll move it.

I may be seeing things, but it seems like she wants him for herself.

The other side might be that she's trying to tell you that he's cheating, but she doesn't want to say it straight to you're face.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-22 21:52:45

At 2/22/07 05:59 PM, Silver-Glint wrote: Help please.

Well i would say that right now i would just try to comfort him as best you could. But then if things progress and he starts trying to hit on your friend and such that is when i would comfront him about it. but anyway if it was me i would just let it play out alittle longer to see when things go from here.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-22 22:44:43

Gorillazrock
What I suggest that you ask her directly if she wants to be with you?

Silver you need to talk to him right out . This is going to be rough but you need to do it.

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-23 00:25:29

At 2/22/07 10:44 PM, TigerDemon wrote: Gorillazrock
What I suggest that you ask her directly if she wants to be with you?

*Sigh* somehow i knew you were going to say that. Well, it's do or die time.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-24 00:04:49

actually, i think i'm going to wait for the right time. It would probably be outside when we're walking together (that way we don't have to be next to each other right then if stuff goes for the worst.) Also, i want her to be in a good mood. Lastly, she's busy picking out a dress for her dance competition, so i'm stuck here playing the waiting game.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-24 11:38:13

At 2/24/07 12:04 AM, Gorillazrock wrote: actually, i think i'm going to wait for the right time. It would probably be outside when we're walking together (that way we don't have to be next to each other right then if stuff goes for the worst.) Also, i want her to be in a good mood. Lastly, she's busy picking out a dress for her dance competition, so i'm stuck here playing the waiting game.

Wait are you with her while she is picking? If you are ask her now. No time like today to gewt things done.

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-24 11:55:05

No, if i was with her when she was picking, i would have asked. She went with her salsa class, and it just a girls night out. I'll try asking her tonight. Plus, yesterday, she was kind of mad. If you ask her when she's mad, she'll probably won't accept. I want to get her in a good mood.

I've done this kind of thing before, where i keep biding my time. It always ends up in someone else taking the girl i want. I won't make that mistake again. I'm going to ask her tonight. If you get the chance, could you tell me a good way to bounce back if she says no?

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-24 15:13:53

At 2/24/07 11:55 AM, Gorillazrock wrote:
I've done this kind of thing before, where i keep biding my time. It always ends up in someone else taking the girl i want. I won't make that mistake again. I'm going to ask her tonight. If you get the chance, could you tell me a good way to bounce back if she says no?

Just say ok.

DKhands OG XBL Gamertag

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-24 17:41:06

Why not more people who ask relationship problems on the General forum just ask here? I see at least four of them every friggin day.

Despite this crew being alive since '04 I'm suprised that it's not vey long, compared to the ones that are from a month ago and already have 30+ pages.

It's a good idea. Fortunately, I don't currently have any relationship issues. I'll keep an eye out for this thread. /;)

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-24 17:42:42

At 2/24/07 05:41 PM, LtSurge659 wrote: Why not ?

lol my 666th post. Hope it's not bad luck!

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2007-02-25 00:27:57

damn, she went to a party this afternoon. I know she knows how much i care about her, but i just haven't gotten a chance to talk to her. Also, ever since i asked her out to the movie, there's been an akward vibe in the air. I know i need to make a move, but i need to find the right time. I want to make sure it's perfect. Leave nothing to chance.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature