00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kazukino55 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,003,947 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 10:41:01

At 1/9/08 08:19 PM, Machop90 wrote: I wonder what Captain Olimar's Final Smash will be?

My top choices would be...

1- A rain of pikpik carrots, (cuz "pikmin" are grown and pulled from the ground) fall from the sky and do like 125%-150% damage to everyone on the map cept Olimar.

2- One of those ostrich necked bird's comes center stage and nips in random directions, knocking out anyone who gets bit.

3- THe most realistic... Olimar call's his ship from space, and as it comes down, it begins to break apart and all the pieces of his ship crash onto the field causing damage and knocking players out.

That or he summons like 400 pikmin to embed all the players and beat the crap out of them with thier leaf-headed fury.

Gamertag on XBL- Darth Erasn

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend Code- 2921-8748-0710

Just message me if you add me to either and i'll get back to ya ^^

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 10:42:29

It said Olimar need the Pikmins to do his final smash, so it mist be entirely related to them...

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 10:54:01

Snake FS.......impressive,

Captain Olimar announced as character......shocking,

Look on peoples faces when CO was announced.......Priceless XD

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 13:26:54

about time snake rains some pain!
teach all those punk smash noobs a lesson!
or some crazy vet goes...crazy!

Lloyd Irving: Anata no ketsu wa kusa da oyobi ore wa shibakariki da!

(Your ass is grass, and I'm the lawnmower!)

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 15:32:29

At 1/10/08 02:26 PM, Grammer wrote: I'm worried that it might be possible for Olimar to lose his Pikmin, making him vulnerable. If so, I would certainly hope it would be difficult to separate them, unlike the Ice Climbers who I make a sport out of separating.

It looks like the Pikmin are out in the battlefield insted of in the background, so I'd say you can attack them to get rid of them, unless Olimar has some decent strong standard attacks. I'd say there's a way to lose them, since you'll probably only be allowed 5, but unless we have more info on Olimar's specific attacks, it's hard to say what's what.

Anyway, Snake's Final Smash might be a wee bit broken. That depends on the attack power, knockback, and blast radius of the grenades. I think it'd be good if they KO at about, what? 80%?

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 15:56:11

At 1/10/08 03:32 PM, AlexJS wrote: It looks like the Pikmin are out in the battlefield insted of in the background....

Wait, Corneria has no background, so where will Pokemon Trainer stand?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 16:08:33

At 1/10/08 03:56 PM, AlexJS wrote:
At 1/10/08 03:32 PM, AlexJS wrote: It looks like the Pikmin are out in the battlefield insted of in the background....

I'm thinking on the Ship, still, but a few steps back...

And SHEIK IS CONFIRMED! Brawl Central made a post about it! Even though Sheik is my least-favorite character, I knew she'd return because I'd doubt they'd remove anyone with an original moveset.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 16:18:32

At 1/10/08 04:08 PM, Loney03DK wrote:
At 1/10/08 03:56 PM, AlexJS wrote: Wait, Corneria has no background, so where will Pokemon Trainer stand?
I'm thinking on the Ship, still, but a few steps back...

That's the thing. By the laws of physics, Bowser shouldn't even be able to stand on the 3-inch thick piece of ground (not that sending people flying doesn't break the physics law either) but Pokemon Trainer is rather far back. I would think he has some sort of platform or Pokemon holding him up.

And SHEIK IS CONFIRMED! Brawl Central made a post about it! Even though Sheik is my least-favorite character, I knew she'd return because I'd doubt they'd remove anyone with an original moveset.

Does this mean 2 Final Smashes? I don't think Shiek would use Light Arrows. Speaking of which, Light Arrows don't sound all that effective.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 16:41:55

I always thought that Snake's FS would be some sort of airstrike. I guess I was almost right.

I had a signature once, but it bit me and ran away.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 16:56:28

At 1/10/08 04:18 PM, AlexJS wrote: That's the thing. By the laws of physics, Bowser shouldn't even be able to stand on the 3-inch thick piece of ground (not that sending people flying doesn't break the physics law either) but Pokemon Trainer is rather far back. I would think he has some sort of platform or Pokemon holding him up.

In one of the pictures of Brinstar Pokemon Trainer can be seen on a platform in the background, so I guess he will have custom platforms for certain levels.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 17:45:55

At 1/10/08 04:56 PM, Sparkpro wrote:
At 1/10/08 04:18 PM, AlexJS wrote: That's the thing. By the laws of physics, Bowser shouldn't even be able to stand on the 3-inch thick piece of ground (not that sending people flying doesn't break the physics law either) but Pokemon Trainer is rather far back. I would think he has some sort of platform or Pokemon holding him up.
In one of the pictures of Brinstar Pokemon Trainer can be seen on a platform in the background, so I guess he will have custom platforms for certain levels.

Hahaha, I've got it. He's gonna be jumping from one roof to the next, like a super ninja. XP

At 1/10/08 07:03 AM, Reaperyami wrote: Choppa-choppa-choppa!

Ha, snake's final smash looks awsome, I'm so doing my Arnold impression when my friends are around! Also Snake's Final smash on my Birthday FTW!!!
Get to the Choppa!!!

Haha. Nice.

At 1/10/08 04:08 PM, Loney03DK wrote: And SHEIK IS CONFIRMED! Brawl Central made a post about it! Even though Sheik is my least-favorite character, I knew she'd return because I'd doubt they'd remove anyone with an original moveset.

Sweet. So she WILL be a transformation of Zelda. Well, it appears, in that case, that Zelda has the same exact moveset. Light arrows...I wonder how they're gonna fit that in. Lotus is gonna freak when he sees this. I wonder how Sheik is gonna look.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 18:33:29

ok dont be mad at me for asking but what do u think blaze from sonic rush was in brawl and what do u think her moove set would be cause i only got one idea for a move Forward+B=flame rush

GT: Kernel Hefty

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 18:49:38

At 1/10/08 03:56 PM, AlexJS wrote:

Thats what I was thinking when they announce frigate Orpheon. what does he do when it flips?

I actually think it looks kinda underpowered. couldn't you just go to the left of the screen were he cant see? and it would suck on big stages.

Member of the SSBC since page 169, New Brawl Friend Code: 1805-9106-2544

Feel any particular emotion towards me? POST OMA.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 19:39:45

At 1/10/08 04:08 PM, Loney03DK wrote: Brawl Central

Snake and Sonic Officially Confirmed as Hidden Characters

...Dammit

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 19:42:01

At 1/10/08 07:39 PM, verycoolguy wrote:
At 1/10/08 04:08 PM, Loney03DK wrote: Brawl Central
Snake and Sonic Officially Confirmed as Hidden Characters

...Dammit

I was pretty sure they were going to be secret anyways. Its kinda obvious since you saw Mario meet up with sonic.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 19:44:31

At 1/10/08 07:42 PM, Matt2358 wrote: I was pretty sure they were going to be secret anyways. Its kinda obvious since you saw Mario meet up with sonic.

It sucks because Sakurai is revealing the secrets of the game before it even comes out. It just wouldn't be as special if we unlock them.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 19:46:05

hey, i wanted to share something with everyone, sort of a nice little gifty to make everyone look forward even more to the next super smash bros. game...

heres the good news, im taking requests!

i want to see the character that everyone would like to be drawn in ink style...

also, im not just copying the main picture of the characters from the super smash bros. site... i will be using un-obvious but neat poses for each character... i hope to eventually do them all, but for now, what char should i do next???

ps: i did olimar first obviously because he was just announced, and also because hes my favorite :3

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 19:51:09

At 1/10/08 07:46 PM, pvt-blasto wrote: heres the good news, im taking requests!
i hope to eventually do them all, but for now, what char should i do next???

Here's a challenge: do a Mii. XD Or Tom Nook. ;)

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 21:39:31

I'm so ready to brawl it's me killing me to wait any longer til it releases!!!!!

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-10 23:46:29

I'm not gonna be here from the time it releases in japan until I get or accidentally know all of the characters.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 02:30:58

Olimar and his pikmin are a very interesting addition but I think as a character he's simply too randomized to be consistently good : /

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 02:32:51

After seeing Snake's FS yesterday, I knew Olimar's specials would be shown today. And they were. He's really high tier, and I'm gonna (try to) master him.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 02:36:37

Anyone know when SSBB will be released in Europe? Can't wait for it!

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 02:48:31

At 1/11/08 02:32 AM, Dark-Heart wrote: After seeing Snake's FS yesterday, I knew Olimar's specials would be shown today. And they were. He's really high tier, and I'm gonna (try to) master him.

tier lists are based on gameplay, so we can't really guess anything about tiers yet : )

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 02:56:32

At 1/11/08 02:48 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
At 1/11/08 02:32 AM, Dark-Heart wrote: After seeing Snake's FS yesterday, I knew Olimar's specials would be shown today. And they were. He's really high tier, and I'm gonna (try to) master him.
tier lists are based on gameplay, so we can't really guess anything about tiers yet : )

To correct myself, he seems high tier.

I've always had a knack for playing high tier characters well. And Roy. By well, I mean without the use of advanced techniques like wavedashing. If you throw that catorgory in, I'm horrible at the game.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 07:03:40

Odd as his specials may be, I've noticed that the support of his Pikmin may make him excessively powerful. Imagine having all five of those little bastards (no purples) beating the crap out of you while Olimar smacks you around with however he can attack with.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 08:32:46

Thats the only way they could have made him acceptable. I'm still freaked.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 09:19:13

At 1/11/08 06:43 AM, Machop90 wrote: I don't care 'bout the tier.But i can say that if Luigi comes back, and he's @ the bottom, I'll scream.
Have you noticed that nobody seemed to play as clones in SSBM?

I played as Young Link and Pichu...

And I've kiiiinda changed my mind about Olimar... it's just that I hate Teather Recovery. >.< And he looks like one of those "fun to play as, but you're never really good with them" characters. Like Pichu or Ice Climbers.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 10:15:50

At 1/11/08 02:48 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote: tier lists are based on gameplay, so we can't really guess anything about tiers yet : )

Not necessarily, Tier lists are based on how well a player plays a character and how many people play the character, the list is exlusive to tournament observations. Which makes it esoteric and not absolute.
In any case, using the standards listed above, it is impossible to put Snake, or any other character in a tier category, but according to that Brawl site, one may be made soon. The japs gets geographic advantage once again, they get to play demos, days before the release in Japan. They will also hold a tournament.

Damn I wanna go to Japan...
At 1/11/08 06:43 AM, Machop90 wrote: Have you noticed that nobody seemed to play as clones in SSBM?

Where did you deduce that observation?
I'm a bonefide Roy master. I also play with Young Link and Dr. Mario.
And for the record, Luigi is a clone as well, he just has 3 different attacks.
Roy is heavier and only has 1 basic attack, The Doc's Pills are different, Young Link has a flaming bow.
Clones aren't entirely the same, and Luigi is no exception.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-01-11 10:51:17

I looked at Olimars special moves, and I thought to myself...."Only a real asshole would throw all his pikmin on one character...."

I can be that asshole! maybe olimar has some merit after all. could be interesting.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature