00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OzoneOverdose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,004,779 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-16 19:13:02

wow do I hate the shine

namely because it produces such a cheap KO on characters like falcon and ganon. I wouldn't quite call fox broken, although he's close.. sheik is the most broken character IMO, her advantages FAR outweigh her disadvantages. The only single disadvantage she has as far as I'm concerned is her weight, she can be killed at low percents if you're lucky. Sometimes I can get a dthrow chain off but that's about it. At least with fox his fast falling lets you get in some extra stops and fsmashes.. sometimes...

Fox can be cheap but playing a pro fox is really hard to do, you have to have lightning quick reflexes for everything. Marth borderlines broken as well, with his ridiculous grab range, spike, and lengthy sword attacks.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-16 19:21:17

At 11/16/07 05:51 PM, Bonehimer wrote: http://youtube.com/watch?v=H-gEg7hNpKM
This is gimpyfish and he is talking about brawl and the demo. If you been closely keeping up you probably already know all that stuff but is nice to actually hear it. It talksa about the new physics of the game why wave dash doesn't work, why ike kinda will suck etc.

I love the fact that Ike wiped the floor with everyone during the burn....

By the looks of it, I would still play him because he is insanely powerful, look at how much damage he deals.....AND all of his attacks are knockbacks, so yeah.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-16 20:39:07

I hope this mode doesn't cause too much lag.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-16 21:15:36

At 11/16/07 08:39 PM, SapphireLight wrote: I hope this mode doesn't cause too much lag.

I was told that you can only cause lag if you're interacting with the game. I don't think you need to worry about that.

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-16 21:52:27

Hmm...I am severly confused by this new update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-16 22:38:49

At 11/16/07 08:47 PM, Bonehimer wrote: The more i think about it the more i kinda hate this mode. I watch videos of pros like King, Ken etc because i actually learn things but why would i wanna watch a video with two noobs noobing it out. Are this the kind of things that got the game delayed?

Well maybe you're playing Brawl and just whooped a guys ass online. Now the pizza guy's here and you get your pizza. Uh-oh. You can't play Brawl with a pizza in your hand... I know! Let's go to spectator mode! ;D

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 00:24:38

The new mode.....if brawl came out five years ago when I was to noobish at ssb to play on my own and had to watch my brother play the computer I would have loved it, now that i'm not so much of a noobish wimp...not so much into it. Sorry nintendo, try again.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 00:33:57

so this is 2 months old.... ugh how long can these get?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 00:43:09

At 11/17/07 12:33 AM, keatnisher wrote: so this is 2 months old.... ugh how long can these get?

Very long, take a look at the NG sig makers thread.
And hopefully this one will go on for a fair while yet. Where else would I get to enjoy high-class discussion about Super Smash Bros?

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 04:30:54

At 11/17/07 12:33 AM, keatnisher wrote: so this is 2 months old.... ugh how long can these get?

as long as needed? And don't spam with posts like 'I ROKK', I deleted it

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 07:45:28

At 11/16/07 11:14 AM, Shade-Hedgehog wrote: And plus having a rival will make me want to play the game even more. The funny thing is that the same person you could be talking to right now might end up being your rival.
hint hint

Ha ha ha....I don't get it....

At 11/16/07 02:50 PM, Guitardude wrote:
At 11/16/07 11:21 AM, Truth wrote: So how many of you will allow Spectators to watch your matches?
Me of course.

Hell why wouldn't you contribute?

I don't see any reason why not, it'll be nice to see a specific technique that I use, copied and end up being used all around the world by people too damn prideful to give me credit so there are literally hundreds of people saying they invented it, when the truth is I did dammit!....Its happened before.

On second thought...
At 11/16/07 04:09 PM, Cericon wrote: Omg Gambling in brawl?? This aint a good example for teh kiddies. Sorry Spencer you cant play Brawl.

The game is rated teen, if any child under the age of 13 are not held against nintendo if they develop a gambling problem.

At 11/16/07 04:39 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: I also hope we can bet on ourselves...

Win coins in brawl matches if we win...

Example: we do a coin where each bet 200, the losers lose it... the winner gets all !

You can't spectate your own match, so that ain't happening.
The idea of Spectating is watching a match, not playing.

At 11/16/07 05:01 PM, Jackotrades wrote:
At 11/16/07 04:52 PM, Cericon wrote: You could do something like, a lvl 9 Link against a lvl 1 Kirby. Bet all your coins on Link. Lol
"And Here we go, Link nears kirby to kill him unmercifully, but OMG! Bomb-orbs are spawning whereever link goes to attack kirby! Link is getting pwned! What a unlucky twist of fate! I feel sorry for anyone who bet for link!"

But you can only spectate online matches! A CPU fight is not spectator mode, you can't bet on CPUs!

At 11/16/07 07:13 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote: wow do I hate the shine

namely because it produces such a cheap KO on characters like falcon and ganon. I wouldn't quite call fox broken, although he's close.. sheik is the most broken character IMO, her advantages FAR outweigh her disadvantages. The only single disadvantage she has as far as I'm concerned is her weight, she can be killed at low percents if you're lucky. Sometimes I can get a dthrow chain off but that's about it. At least with fox his fast falling lets you get in some extra stops and fsmashes.. sometimes...

Well said.

At 11/16/07 07:21 PM, Jackotrades wrote: By the looks of it, I would still play him because he is insanely powerful, look at how much damage he deals.....AND all of his attacks are knockbacks, so yeah.

I'll also play Ike, he is powerful and like Ganondorf, he is (or should be) very lethal in the hands of an expert.

At 11/16/07 10:38 PM, Loney03DK wrote:
At 11/16/07 08:47 PM, Bonehimer wrote: The more i think about it the more i kinda hate this mode. I watch videos of pros like King, Ken etc because i actually learn things but why would i wanna watch a video with two noobs noobing it out. Are this the kind of things that got the game delayed?
Well maybe you're playing Brawl and just whooped a guys ass online. Now the pizza guy's here and you get your pizza. Uh-oh. You can't play Brawl with a pizza in your hand... I know! Let's go to spectator mode! ;D

Or after all this playing and training, you have actually gotten bored. I know, Spectator mode, watch other people make asses of themselves.
Or
You just can seem to get this move down, and you are fustrated that you can't get pass this obstacle. I know, Spectator mode, miraculously find the move, used in the most perfect way. Now you can complete your practice!

At 11/17/07 04:30 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
as long as needed? And don't spam with posts like 'I ROKK', I deleted it

*pats Afro Ninja on the back*
Well done.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 09:40:50

So......I am rooting for another character from Zelda.....any ideas?

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 09:45:42

At 11/17/07 09:40 AM, Jackotrades wrote: So......I am rooting for another character from Zelda.....any ideas?

The obvious choice is ganondorf, which I have a hunch will be a hidden character. Either that or midna/wolf link. Maybe even one of them by themselves. Hmm...

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 10:29:21

At 11/17/07 09:45 AM, life wrote: The obvious choice is ganondorf, which I have a hunch will be a hidden character. Either that or midna/wolf link. Maybe even one of them by themselves. Hmm...

Ganondorf was actually a good character and he fitted well in SSBM. I wouldn't be surprised if he would be in the next game, even powerful than before. :0

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 10:36:09

At 11/17/07 09:40 AM, Jackotrades wrote: So......I am rooting for another character from Zelda.....any ideas?

I'd say Newcomer-wise Skull Kid or Vaati (but I don't really know who Vaati is, since I never played the handheld Zeldas, so I guess I'm going with Skull Kid).

And I could also see Ganondorf coming back with a new move set and an obvious Ganon Final Smash. And I could see Young Link being remodeled into Cel-Shaded Link.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 11:20:01

Midna, Wolf Link, Wolf Link + Midna. Preferably something from LoZ TP.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 11:52:29

The guy who made that Youtube, said that there was a "Dark Link" alternate costume, I'd expect more people would be happy about that.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 12:07:26

At 11/17/07 11:53 AM, acidcrash3 wrote: There are numerous rumors that windwaker link will be in brawl WTF.

Rumors at this point?
Bullshit, I'm sick of rumors and pranks. People just like pissing other, more mature people off. If its not on Smash bors.com, don't believe it.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 12:27:01

At 11/1/07 10:02 PM, Truth wrote: Rumor: you can use coins to gamble with others online.

See, sometimes rumors are true.
Now, word on the street is that Shadow the Hedgehog to appear in Brawl.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 12:30:44

At 11/17/07 12:27 PM, Truth wrote:
At 11/1/07 10:02 PM, Truth wrote: Rumor: you can use coins to gamble with others online.

NO! NO OTHER SONIC CHARACTERS WILL BE PLAYABLE!!! Again, only 3-4 3rd parties are getting in including Sonic and Snake, that leaves 1 or 2 more 3rd party slots, so they wouldn't waste one on another Sonic character!

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 12:32:43

i doubt ganondorf will be a character cause i think the only characters they're dropping are the mirror characters, like pichu and dr. mario.

8^(|

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 12:37:24

At 11/17/07 12:31 PM, acidcrash3 wrote:
At 11/17/07 12:27 PM, Truth wrote:

Even so, unless its on smashbros.com don't believe it.

I'm not taking it unless its on Smashbros.com.

Why not you already have sonic so shadow should be there too.

No one else would fit in the Sonic franchise. As an assist trophy, maybe, or a sticker or something, but not a Player Character.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 12:58:47

At 11/17/07 12:54 PM, acidcrash3 wrote:
At 11/17/07 12:37 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
No one else would fit in the Sonic franchise. As an assist trophy, maybe, or a sticker or something, but not a Player Character.
Seeing how shadow is such a popular character i have this feeling he will be playable maybe tails nad knuckles will only be trophies. Shadow is too damn popular not to have if sonic is already there.

Shadow ain't as popular as you may think. Sonic was the most requested person to be in brawl and as stated a few posts above, there aren't many 3rd party slots left, Nintendo will use other characters. If you want him to be in the game, then hope away, I don't think he will make it.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 14:12:56

At 11/17/07 12:58 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Shadow ain't as popular as you may think. Sonic was the most requested person to be in brawl and as stated a few posts above, there aren't many 3rd party slots left, Nintendo will use other characters. If you want him to be in the game, then hope away, I don't think he will make it.

Listen to the man, he's the first one to make sence here!

I swear that if Shadow is a Playable Character, I'll give you all $100. >.< The only other 3rd parties (in my opinion) should be PacMan, MegaMan and/or Geno. Tough deciding between MegaMan or Geno because Geno has a closer relation to Nintendo, but his game wasn't as popular as MegaMan's. I think I'd have to go with MegaMan, but PacMan is a definate for me...

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 14:59:43

Hey guys, if you could choose any one character to be in brawl, who would it be? My choice would be Kite from .Hack, who would you guys choose?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 15:01:53

Dio Brando.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 15:45:34

At 11/17/07 02:59 PM, Cericon wrote: Hey guys, if you could choose any one character to be in brawl, who would it be? My choice would be Kite from .Hack, who would you guys choose?

Mii! :3 Or if you mean someone that doesn't stand a chance at gettnig in, it'd be Banjo. He's the reason I got into gaming when I was a kid. Shame Micro$oft bought Rare. :( I'd say that if it weren't for that, he'd stand a good chance since he's Rare's mascot and Rare made the DKC games...

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 17:15:57

It can be anyone who was in a game. Mii is exceptable.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 17:39:55

At 11/17/07 05:15 PM, Cericon wrote: It can be anyone who was in a game. Mii is exceptable.

That makes things dificult. How about a Tankman. He'd be cool. If not maybe Pico.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-17 17:46:10

At 11/17/07 05:39 PM, ramun-flame wrote:
At 11/17/07 05:15 PM, Cericon wrote: It can be anyone who was in a game. Mii is exceptable.
That makes things dificult. How about a Tankman. He'd be cool. If not maybe Pico.

I mean like a PlatForm game, flash games dont count. Alien Homminid is acceptable.

BBS Signature