00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

421,344 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-17 17:33:32

At 3/16/05 11:34 PM, Grim_T wrote:
At 3/16/05 09:56 PM, dsmking wrote: Okay so i am playing 8 and i just beat the garden master but i stilll dont really get rinoas breaks. How do they work?
What the hell are rinoas breaks?

I think he's talking about Final Fantasy...

I have to go to the place and make the doo-doo now.

(how's that for reviving the thread :) )

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-17 19:24:12

At 3/17/05 05:33 PM, DroopyA wrote:
I think he's talking about Final Fantasy...

I have to go to the place and make the doo-doo now.

(how's that for reviving the thread :) )

What the hell does final fantasy have to do with Martial Arts? He can post that in FF fan club thread if he wants, but these are pitiful attempts at reviving the thread.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-18 00:15:59

DSM is talking about Final Fantasy 8, and I have no clue man I never used rinoa I always used Zell, Irvine, and Squall of coarse. so I really couldnt tell ya.

btw, I havnt been posting much latlly I know, im kinda lasy when it comes to this when there are so many interesting topics and peaple in the General forum, but I also just got my computer fucked up and now I can only veiw things in 16 Colors it dosnt even give me the option for anything better, does anybody know what I could do to fix this?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-18 10:14:33

At 3/17/05 07:24 PM, Grim_T wrote: What the hell does final fantasy have to do with Martial Arts? He can post that in FF fan club thread if he wants, but these are pitiful attempts at reviving the thread.

Fine, then lets all agree to hide our friendly off-topic small talk with Martial Arts:

So the other day, I was practicing left-leg knee driving on my way home from work and half way there I got behind an old woman that wouldn't front kick faster then -2kps (kicks per second). It really got my chi/ki boiling so I decided to challange her to a fight to the death. I positioned my right hand in the ancient form of kung-F.U. and with lighting speed executed an upward finger jab with my middle finger... she never knew what hit her. In retaliation she must have thrown a large, brown, circular, shirukin at me because as I ninja steped past her with expert timing, I was forced to quickly execute a left handed inside block to fend off the circular object. As the ridge of my hand came in contact with the center of the flying circle, a loud horn-like sound was heard across the land leaving all those nearby in bewilderment. As the dust settled, I took this moment of suprise to jump in front of the old woman and speed off in to the sunset. As I ran off, I threw my hands up in to the air in form of celebration as informed the old woman that she needs to kick faster by using the ancient venacular of shi-it-tal-kay.

I arrived home safely and now my story lives on.

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-18 16:06:13

i was recommended here by someone in the General forum but i find many ppl who don't even take martial arts seriously. this isn't a good thing.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-18 16:14:24

aww fuck it, im gonna say what i want and see if anybody gives a fuck.

MY brother is adept in 15 styles of martial arts, and he taught me 5 of them, plus, i learned crane, leapord, and monkey styles as well. now, he still kicks the shit out of me when we spar, but such is understandable. when i am watching a kung fu movie with a kid they say "They can't really fly like that" and i reply "Well, i know my brother is pretty damn close to finding out how." so we see him training and i smile at the look on their faces when he jumps, and he kicks, and the kicks propel him upward. but he can only do 3 so far without losing balance and falling.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-18 16:14:35

can i join?
i have been doing tae kwon do for over a year now and have recently earned my yellow belt.

i also took judo(four years ago)and hapkido(ten lessons)

my favourite move is the twirlin' dwit-chagi

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-18 16:47:18

i do a type of kung fu called Lau Gar which i have been doing for 10 years and am black sash i have a licence for Soar Hou Kwun(throat locking staff), Dan Do(chinese broadsword and the Tiger Fork(cant remember what the chinese for that is)

my favourite stance is Kung ma (bow an arrow)

i also do a little bit of kick boxing and tai chi but most of my free times devoted to lau gar

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-18 17:20:36

At 3/18/05 04:14 PM, tsjech14 wrote: can i join?
i have been doing tae kwon do for over a year now and have recently earned my yellow belt.

i also took judo(four years ago)and hapkido(ten lessons)

my favourite move is the twirlin' dwit-chagi

no joining nessessary, just have to post. tell a story or whatnot of something that happened while training, give tips, some shit like that.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-18 23:03:16

Oh sry that was supposed to be for the ff club. My bad. O man i was killin in sparring yesterday. I got in close to tall people and everytime they did practical things for those situations they got beat. And then i went against this one guy who is crazy good. Ah man he scored nutin on me but he kicked my knees alot which sucked but i straight up killed.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-19 07:00:44

At 3/18/05 11:03 PM, dsmking wrote: Oh sry that was supposed to be for the ff club. My bad. O man i was killin in sparring yesterday. I got in close to tall people and everytime they did practical things for those situations they got beat. And then i went against this one guy who is crazy good. Ah man he scored nutin on me but he kicked my knees alot which sucked but i straight up killed.

i had to spar against some english guy who just kicked me against the wall with a yop-chagi.i landed one kick on him and that didn't even get me a point!
then i kicked him in the ellbow and my foot still hurts like hell.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-19 14:10:57

At 3/18/05 04:06 PM, RMajere wrote: i was recommended here by someone in the General forum but i find many ppl who don't even take martial arts seriously. this isn't a good thing.

that persone was most likely me, dont mind that post by droopyA hes kinda a spaz at times from what I can tell, and watch out for that ROSSI guy hes a hater of all around topics, but we do talk about martial arts occasionally. But dont get upset if peaple seem like idiots this is NG afterall and you spend most of your time in the General forum, you should know this

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-19 14:38:03

Damn, my bokken is about ready to break....I did some awesome feignt-cut-trip-stab excercises today, and it lengthened a crack in my bokken by about 20cm. I tried wood glue, but I use my bokken too harshly for that to help.....it was only 15$, I'l eventually get a new one.

That thing was great quality for 15$.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-19 15:45:31

hey just found the club
i study capoeira and i have done for about 18 months now, i'd be interested to know if anyone else who posts here does it as well, it's not that well known as far as martial arts go so i'll happily answer questions about it
not been training recently as i've had my leg in a cast for the last 6 weeks but i should be back there on monday

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-19 16:14:12

At 3/19/05 02:38 PM, Tombulgius wrote: Damn, my bokken is about ready to break....I did some awesome feignt-cut-trip-stab excercises today, and it lengthened a crack in my bokken by about 20cm. I tried wood glue, but I use my bokken too harshly for that to help.....it was only 15$, I'l eventually get a new one.

Hmmm... What type of bokken do you have? I've been searching for one as a gift for a good friend of mine.
Anyways, what type of bokken would you recommend for somone who's starting kendo?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-20 12:05:42

At 3/19/05 02:38 PM, Tombulgius wrote: Damn, my bokken is about ready to break....I did some awesome feignt-cut-trip-stab excercises today, and it lengthened a crack in my bokken by about 20cm. I tried wood glue, but I use my bokken too harshly for that to help.....it was only 15$, I'l eventually get a new one.

whered you get the Bokken? depending on what its made out of and where you got it will determine the quaility. i have a Bokken but i am a Kendoist so i dont use it much. but it is made out of white oak imported from japan so its pretty durible.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-20 12:38:00

At 3/20/05 12:05 PM, Katase wrote:

whered you get the Bokken? depending on what its made out of and where you got it will determine the quaility. i have a Bokken but i am a Kendoist so i dont use it much. but it is made out of white oak imported from japan so its pretty durible.

I got it from karatedepot.com. It's only 10$ plus 5$ shipping, depending on where you live. It is redwood furniture-finish (which quickly dissappeared for me on the blade side) and is mass-produced. I found that it transfers vibration really well for the price. The tip of it is prone to cracking vertically after a while. I had to cut off the end of mine.....now it's more like a wakizashi.

Also, a bokken is good for kendo practice usually; It's good for conditioning because it's heavier than a shinai. Most kendo schools require a shinai and a bokken.

To Semi-Shinro: For the gift, this bokken would work. It's only shortcoming is it's crappy plastic tsuba that doesn't protect anything for crap. It looks pretty cool, too, If you just set it up somewhere and keep it's furniture-finish. It looks even better with some smaller wooden weapons, which karatedepot sells with the same finish, I think.

For a starting weapon, I would also recommend this, since it's cheap and pretty durable.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-20 21:54:49

At 3/20/05 12:38 PM, Tombulgius wrote:
Also, a bokken is good for kendo practice usually; It's good for conditioning because it's heavier than a shinai. Most kendo schools require a shinai and a bokken.

Thats good to know since im starting to do more weapons styles then before. I just really want to get good at it.

And i might be thinking of quittin TKD for a lil bit. Only reason was because i let emotions get to it and it really sucks. Now i dont believer you really can control your emotions as some martial artist say. Emotions are still there wether you ignore them or not. I just really give up on everything right now. Ive started to skip school, thinking about doing things that i know is wrong, tried to get in several fights, completely out of it when i try to teach. When i take class and she is there i just get really fucking sad. Just can't take it anymore.

I really want leth to just yell at me right now so i could find a way to suck it up.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-21 00:11:06

At 3/20/05 09:54 PM, dsmking wrote:
At 3/20/05 12:38 PM, Tombulgius wrote:
Thats good to know since im starting to do more weapons styles then before. I just really want to get good at it.

And i might be thinking of quittin TKD for a lil bit. Only reason was because i let emotions get to it and it really sucks. Now i dont believer you really can control your emotions as some martial artist say. Emotions are still there wether you ignore them or not. I just really give up on everything right now. Ive started to skip school, thinking about doing things that i know is wrong, tried to get in several fights, completely out of it when i try to teach. When i take class and she is there i just get really fucking sad. Just can't take it anymore.

I really want leth to just yell at me right now so i could find a way to suck it up.

Yes, I have to get a bokken and a jo and a tanto for Aikido, since I'm starting weapons training. I'm getting a light bokken, since I am a very skinny person (and weak) and a standard bokken is just not right for me. However, a jo only comes in one size. My only complaint is the $$. $35 + $45 + $15 = $95 :(

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-21 00:28:57

Hey i think i have a pretty good idea!
Each one will add to the list (if he/she wants to ofcourse... :P) what martial art does he/she/it practices!

carmelhadinosaur: Krav Maga, TaeKwon Do, Shaolin Kung Fu.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-21 07:11:34

At 3/20/05 09:54 PM, dsmking wrote:
ive started to skip school, thinking about doing things that i know is wrong, tried to get in several fights, completely out of it when i try to teach.

Hey dont get mad. Skipping school is not that bad if the subject you were suppose to be in was useless like gym(the easiest course in the world!) or some other useless subject. Fighting is not all bad it helps you become a better fighter and it teaches to become more stonger and such... Well since your complety out of it when you tech that is bad because what are the kids going to think and feel if your not giving it your all?????? try sleeping on it it works sometimes.

I hope I helped

Since leth is not here to scream ill imitate him( leth if you read this im not making fun or insulting you in any way its just a joke)

What you skip school you fucking hipppie wtf is wrong with you you know what skipping does to you it makes you a loser and you always will be you damn basturd!!! you say you your getting into fights well thats low Dsm you no martial arts and they dont its like taking candy from a fucking baby you fucking sicko get up and get straight again your slipping you fucking chien du la pette salle tabarnac este du ta mere!! Your not teching right well la di dah I wonder how those kids who pay top doller expect a top doller teacher so get you act together there suffering its not like the sweeds do. When theres a girl in the class you get sad wtf is that all about turn your forwn upside down that will show her even if its fake its better than afrown.!!!!!! AHHAHA IM A SWEED IM THE BEST WE AHVE THE BEST AIRFORCE INTHE WORLD AHAHAH I NO HOW TO WALK AND RUN DO YOU I DINT HINK So ahahahah im Leth alalldi dayhhh,

Im outed of it exuse me if I made some of you made or sad.

Leth since I got a shot at you feel free yo take a shot at me if you like......

LEth it was only a joke. Dsm get back into shape mate your slipping your tutning like the fucking frogs over here in quebec and you don't want to be them.

Forza Juventus!!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-21 10:57:23

At 3/19/05 02:10 PM, TheFaces wrote:
At 3/18/05 04:06 PM, RMajere wrote: i was recommended here by someone in the General forum but i find many ppl who don't even take martial arts seriously. this isn't a good thing.

Kiss my ass. All of you. Let me remind you that I only made that post because Grim_T was crying through his vagina about the 1 post DSM made about Final Fantasy. Oh NOEZ!!1! Did we get off topic about Martial arts for one second? Whatever will we do? Lighten up, all of you. It's the fucking internet.

But this is what we've resorted too? People crying because somebody made a joke? You're pathetic, the whole fucking lot of you. God forbid if somebody tries to enjoy life for a second and takes a breather from a 50 page serious conversation to add a little humor to somebodies life. God forbid if I try to spark up a little conversation in a dying thread by posting a joke... yeah, I'm a fucking disgrace to Martial Arts. Because Martial Arts isn't about enjoying life or having fun at all... no, not to you hacks on Newgrounds it's not. I guess MA is only about pounding the molers out of a weaker opponent. WEll fuck off.

I suddenly remember why I stoped comming to this thread to begin with.

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-21 12:26:28

At 3/17/05 07:24 PM, Grim_T wrote:
What the hell does final fantasy have to do with Martial Arts? He can post that in FF fan club thread if he wants, but these are pitiful attempts at reviving the thread.

I missed this post damn i must really be out of it. Let me tell you something. SOmeone who focuses there life on just one thing really needs to learn how to prioritize. True martial arts is one of the big things in my life but its only one. I still have heartbreak, friends, love, fun, and all that good shit. I misposted. It happens from time to time. Dont tell me you never said anything that was supposed to be meant for someone else to the wrong person. If you say you havent then you are full of shit. Everyone does stupid things like that. Thanks droopy for letting me see that

And rossi thanks for saying that shit. Appreciate it. But the thing is i teach kids not to go fight for no reason and yet ive been doing that. Not really a nonhippocritical thing to do. *sigh*...... O well best get over it. if i can. Good leth impersonation except he would just call me a retard and stress that out for like 3 hours.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-21 12:32:47

At 3/21/05 10:57 AM, DroopyA wrote:

Because Martial Arts isn't about enjoying life or having fun at all... no, not to you hacks on Newgrounds it's not. I guess MA is only about pounding the molers out of a weaker opponent. WEll fuck off.

I suddenly remember why I stoped comming to this thread to begin with.

Its okay droopyA we dont really have to listen to them. They think martial arts is tekken so its not like we care what they say. You made some good points for 50 pages we have talked about martial arts never leaving subject. Even when me and leth fought it was about martial arts philosophy, which these little kids would know nothing about. Even though leth doesnt believe in it for the most part he atleast understands it. Even Rossi, he has passion for what he does so we let him come in. We dont choose who is in the club even though we do run it all the way but when people just come in here and try to insult people we dont let them join. And we only had to do that once.

Ehem. So right now im really not sure if i am going to quit or not. See how today goes. It will hopefully blow over soon so i dont have to worry to much about it. But what do you guys think about emotion in martial arts. Do you think you really can get rid of it, or do you think that it is always there

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-21 14:13:36

At 3/20/05 09:54 PM, dsmking wrote: And i might be thinking of quittin TKD for a lil bit.

Only reason was because i let emotions get to it and it really sucks. Now i dont believer you really can control your emotions as some martial artist say. Emotions are still there wether you ignore them or not.

Believe it or not, but there is something people who have alittle more will power calls "shrugging the damn thing off".
Didn't the founder of TKD always say "Follow your heart"? Martial arts ain't about blocking your emotions out. It's about following them to your very hearts contend, you failer.
"Only when you refuse to give up with your entire heart do you start to surpass your humanity."

And dude, what has happened lately? What emotions are affecting you, really?

I just really give up on everything right now. Ive started to skip school, thinking about doing things that i know is wrong, tried to get in several fights, completely out of it when i try to teach. When i take class and she is there i just get really fucking sad. Just can't take it anymore.

Hm? Girl problem? Well, if you're not comfortable with it, you don't have to tell us.
If you do feel like spilling the beans, we're listening.

I've been alone a very long time now... no woman no cry.
Everyone loses their path at times... they just need to be reminded.
We need to find out if we're really alive or not.
To me, a good dose of feeling that i'm inferior helps.
Everytime i'm being lazy, someone better is out there, waiting to kick my ass.
That's what reminds me to stay on track. You must fight in order to keep your dreams alive, as well.

Everyone goes through shit in their life, son.
This world is one of hard knocks, and no matter how tough it may seem right now, life is always going to hit your hard and even harder.
Martial arts is to me, the school of life.

There probably is no meaning of life... but if you're lucky, you might find something interesting to do meanwhile you're still alive.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-21 14:35:03

My my... Stop and think for a second. How many people true martial artists come to NG? Out of all the people who use the bbs, I believe less than 5% of the people who talk about martial arts in the bbs truly know what they're talking about.

At 3/21/05 10:57 AM, DroopyA wrote: I suddenly remember why I stoped comming to this thread to begin with.

If only Idiots would cease to exist... What a fun world that would be... *sigh*
Do as you must.

At 3/21/05 12:32 PM, dsmking wrote: Ehem. So right now im really not sure if i am going to quit or not. See how today goes. It will hopefully blow over soon so i dont have to worry to much about it. But what do you guys think about emotion in martial arts. Do you think you really can get rid of it, or do you think that it is always there

You can never rid yourself of emotions (unless you supress them), but you can learn to control them over time. Emotions can be you biggest weakness or your best weapon. I'm easily embarased when I make a mistake, so it's up to me either freeze in my tracks fear, or to covert my embarasment into excitment or anger and keep on going.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-21 15:11:17

See that was a good leth answer although i wish it would be that simple. I really need to try to get over it but that isnt going to work. Im not really the type of person who can surpress them. Cause all surpressing emotions does is tear you up on the inside and is why i am the way i am now.

To shin

Ya if only we could just get rid of them all. But then we would have to kick out everyone but me :p

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-21 15:15:00

At 3/21/05 03:11 PM, dsmking wrote: To shin

Ya if only we could just get rid of them all. But then we would have to kick out everyone but me :p

Get back in the chatroom.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-23 22:41:13

So hows everyones training going. Mines taken a couple huge steps in the last couple of days and is pissing off other people in my dojang:P. But its all good. I want everyone to listen to some advice about training. Relax the whole time. It doesnt matter what you can or cant do, you'll get it eventually. When you worry about something to much you over do it and end up ruining it. Is that how you want your life to be just ruined. Just enjoy what you got, even if it isnt great. It will come to you.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-03-24 09:17:43

I'm getting more into Iaijutsu....I'm looking for some good sites. I found one a while ago with videos of most of the techniques.