00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

EnJayKay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Website has been stealing art and putting it up for sale!

2,835 Views | 94 Replies

I woke up to my buddy @Hexamak messaging me that his friend told him that there was this website stealing and selling his art.

iu_1113091_11088292.png

Obviously, he wasn’t the one who put it up. But I discovered I was on there too!

iu_1113092_11088292.png

Now we were both pissed because they can’t get away with selling our art without permission!

The website is ArtWisher (but don’t buy anything from there, as 99% of them are probably stolen).

Other people have this issue too! Like in this thread in toyhou.se.

If you guys can, please spread the word about this! This can’t keep going on!

Crazy? I was crazy once.

BBS Signature

Well fucking Christ they got me too. Those bastards are gonna get it

iu_1113093_11412191.png

I’m gonna have to look into this later today and draft a DCMA if these guys are trying to do it with my work.

I don’t take theft lightly.

FYI, don’t attempt to file a DMCA on ArtWisher, as it will ban your IP. They know what they are doing is wrong.

Crazy? I was crazy once.

BBS Signature

At 11/13/23 06:55 AM, Prismisho wrote: FYI, don’t attempt to file a DMCA on ArtWisher, as it will ban your IP. They know what they are doing is wrong.

That’s where I’m gonna have to get a VPN then, I would assume.

oh and… they did get some of my works too, it would seem.iu_1113096_3993712.png

At 11/13/23 06:55 AM, Prismisho wrote: FYI, don’t attempt to file a DMCA on ArtWisher, as it will ban your IP. They know what they are doing is wrong.

Talentless pussies abusing shit for money like usual.

Fucking pathetic.

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

Looks like I've been spared... for now.

iu_1113106_15607817.png

At 11/13/23 07:34 AM, RepriseAgain wrote: Looks like I've been spared... for now.

Oh trust me, you haven’t been spared. Results don’t show up for people not in America.

iu_1113117_11088292.png

Crazy? I was crazy once.

BBS Signature

Well I've been talking with a few people I'm connected with on a few other sites as well.

Couple of things I've been finding out.

• Only seems to be affecting those in the United States Region.
  • Their search function seems to be fucked up and their just gathering whatever images they can find on google search

iu_1113118_3993712.pngiu_1113120_3993712.pngiu_1113119_3993712.pngiu_1113122_3993712.jpg

• Website is hosted in China

iu_1113121_3993712.png

So my best guess is that directly emailing them will get you IP banned so more than likely you'd have to get in touch with the host provider more than anything else.

iu_1113126_12978769.webp

Same here, and I don't even consider myself popular enough to get my art stealth.

Considering the IP thing, I'd rather not get in trouble, but I'll continue to spread abt this shitty ass website stealing my and other ppls art.

Hai art thread

~-.¸¸,.-~*’ •·.·´¯`·.·• `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· •´`·..íì..·´`•

║▌Your hollow gaze has shifted past my eyes ▌║

BBS Signature

They didot got me

iu_1113127_7514444.webp

At 11/13/23 08:38 AM, DioShiba wrote: Well I've been talking with a few people I'm connected with on a few other sites as well.

So my best guess is that directly emailing them will get you IP banned so more than likely you'd have to get in touch with the host provider more than anything else.

that interestinggg, I almost wonder if they're data scraping or something? I just wonder how this works

alsooooo I'm not in the states, I'm assuming I'm there too? can someone confirm?

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

At 11/13/23 09:02 AM, Waterina wrote: They didot got me

As always

iu_1113129_7514444.webp

At 11/13/23 09:02 AM, Oddlem wrote:
At 11/13/23 08:38 AM, DioShiba wrote: Well I've been talking with a few people I'm connected with on a few other sites as well.

that interestinggg, I almost wonder if they're data scraping or something? I just wonder how this works

alsooooo I'm not in the states, I'm assuming I'm there too? can someone confirm?

Well on that note, I would say that they are either Using google search to gather whatever images they can find via coding or through Artificial Intelligence to gathering whatever work they can find throughout the internet.

They could be doing so manually but I doubt that's the case.

For everyone's future reference I would suggest using a VPN if you are outside of the U.S. to confirm whether or not they are getting your artwork. Unless you aren't able to afford one which in that case, I'm more than happy to help.

I reported this site in google

Doing some investegative work on my end.iu_1113137_3993712.webp

It would appear that the website is hosted by CloudFlare. A WhoIs search also seems to confirm this.

iu_1113139_3993712.webp

I'm also going to provide an ICANN lookup as well and it would seem to confirm this as well.

I would advise sending a DCMA complaint to them via abuse@cloudflare.com with the proper DCMA complaints. I will be working on my own and inform both parties far as my work is concerned.

iu_1113140_8472951.webp

Print Poster? Damn...... I'm both surprised and unsurprised about this information. I don't like this at all.

Hi Nice To Meet You I'm Yosos and I do Pixel art.

BBS Signature

they only got ljke four of mine but for some reason took a couple of artworks from my favorites that show up when searched? rlly weird stuff

iu_1113142_10924059.webp

AUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUAUA

BBS Signature

At 11/13/23 09:01 AM, BroSkullEmoji wrote:
Same here, and I don't even consider myself popular enough to get my art stealth.

Considering the IP thing, I'd rather not get in trouble, but I'll continue to spread abt this shitty ass website stealing my and other ppls art.

THATS WHAT IS SO FUCKED ABOUT IT

willing to go so far as to steal art from the smallest creators, fucking disgraceful

you’re a really good artist, you (and anyone else) definitely don’t deserve to have your hard work stolen and sold online

Reading this gives you infinite luck. You'e welcome.

BBS Signature

I found a DeviantArt post that said this.

iu_1113146_9281184.png

source:https://www.deviantart.com/forum/community/complaints/2712809/

I don't know how IPs work exactly, so either every image I look at gets uploaded there, or only when I go on the site.

I really need to get a VPN

Edit: Oh my god that compression, the user in the image said: "Please share my post to the rest of your followers and let them know about this. What's more bizarre is that they track your IP connected to your username and post images from your browsing history to their site. I was looking up anime stickers on Temu a few days ago with a different username and set them for order. I was surprised when I saw the same images I browsed through Temu, appearing on Art Wisher! Type in Nowi776 and you'll see the same cat stickers I purchased days ago. Its crazy."

BBS Signature

At 11/13/23 10:03 AM, Drazah wrote: I found a DeviantArt post that said this.

I don't know how IPs work exactly, so either every image I look at gets uploaded there, or only when I go on the site.
Edit: Oh my god that compression, the user in the image said: "Please share my post to the rest of your followers and let them know about this. What's more bizarre is that they track your IP connected to your username and post images from your browsing history to their site. I was looking up anime stickers on Temu a few days ago with a different username and set them for order. I was surprised when I saw the same images I browsed through Temu, appearing on Art Wisher! Type in Nowi776 and you'll see the same cat stickers I purchased days ago. Its crazy."

If you can, please inform them of the findings I have made in regards to the host provider that ArtWisher.com being CloudFlare.com earlier in this thread to that post on deviant art. The sooner that information is spread, the better.

At 11/13/23 06:35 AM, Prismisho wrote: I woke up to my buddy @Hexamak messaging me that his friend told him that there was this website stealing and selling his art.
Obviously, he wasn’t the one who put it up. But I discovered I was on there too!
Now we were both pissed because they can’t get away with selling our art without permission!
The website is ArtWisher (but don’t buy anything from there, as 99% of them are probably stolen).
Other people have this issue too! Like in this thread in toyhou.se.
If you guys can, please spread the word about this! This can’t keep going on!

damn, didn't think I would come across newgrounds thread talking about artwisher as well,

I actually found out about this through toyhouse so I was about to mention that toyhouse users are also complaining about it, and then you mention that lol,

personally, I'm not worried about it as I'm sure anyone with common sense wouldn't buy anything from this site (well, at least I hope),

however, this is fucking terrible and I hope this scammy website gets taken down as soon as possible, fuck artwisher.

I may not be the brightest in the box full of light-bulbs, but that doesn't mean I can't light the way in this dark world.

(you can call me wilson or mawi if you want, I'm also the one who made skibidi club.)

TOYHOUSEYOUTUBETUMBLRREDDIT

BBS Signature

Got help from others when serching up my username bc im not from the US. Apperantly if you just serch "Nebulate" you will just get a bunch of space stuff. But if you serch "Nebulate on newgrounds" you get a bunch of art of im not related to me along side drawings of my OCs by OTHER ARTISTS (my stuff is probobly there as well but i didnt get another screenshot). They are definitly just ripping the imiges from Google imiges. You can compare the artwisher serch result with google imiges. this is just fucking awful.

iu_1113153_14510086.png

god damn 😦

iu_1113156_17751198.webp

At 11/13/23 10:08 AM, DioShiba wrote:

If you can, please inform them of the findings I have made in regards to the host provider that ArtWisher.com being CloudFlare.com earlier in this thread to that post on deviant art. The sooner that information is spread, the better.

I apologize if it took me a bit to send it, I have never used the forums on DA and am not the best at explaining situations.

BBS Signature

At 11/13/23 10:38 AM, Drazah wrote:
At 11/13/23 10:08 AM, DioShiba wrote:

I apologize if it took me a bit to send it, I have never used the forums on DA and am not the best at explaining situations.

No worries, I just noticed it.

Ended up making a new account on DeviantArt in regards to this issue. Not that I wanted to do that but for this situation I suppose that I can make an exception.

iu_1113178_11364755.webp

Not only is my art stolen, but it's also a hit?! What does that mean?!?!?!

AHHHHH!

BBS Signature

Here's my theory or whatever that I came up while talking about this in a NG Discord server. The website takes images straight from Google Images rather than taking them from Newgrounds (like I assumed at first). It's a bot that takes pretty much every image it can and gives them one of 2 or 3 different prices and the "new", "sale" or "hit" tag no matter what the image sold is. Most likely if you try to buy something from the site it will either scam you or even steal your bank info. Though some site said they actually did deliver a low quality shirt with a stolen artwork on it.

When it comes to outside of USA it isn't fully working everywhere like in here Europe. It isn't working in Canada either.

This sure is one hell of a situation and this stolen artwork of mine sure is a 20 dollar hit.

iu_1113180_8460620.webp

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

DEATH TO ARTWISHER

iu_1113181_9010338.png

#deathtoartwisher

Reading this gives you infinite luck. You'e welcome.

BBS Signature