00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rimuuuu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Website has been stealing art and putting it up for sale!

2,911 Views | 94 Replies

At 11/13/23 06:33 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 11/13/23 06:12 PM, Zfert wrote:
At 11/13/23 05:56 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 11/13/23 05:49 PM, Zfert wrote:
At 11/13/23 05:43 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 11/13/23 05:38 PM, Zfert wrote:
At 11/13/23 05:35 PM, DioShiba wrote:
At 11/13/23 05:32 PM, Zfert wrote:
At 11/13/23 05:14 PM, MondoBilby wrote: Sheeeet, can someone tell me if my arts on there because I’m not in the US and it doesn’t show up for me (I bloody hope it never shows up).
Sorry to report, your work is indeed here. Checked on all three and found the same results on both Posterun and Posterbe. No results for Artwisher.
you may have to type “[username] newgrounds”. I ended up having to do that for posterun
Gave that a try and still got no results.
It’s not like having your artworks claimed by a scraping program is a sign of recognition.

Some of the posters in this thread are crap.
I don't think anyone deserves to have their artwork stolen and sold against their wishes, regardless of skill level. What makes you think this is about recognition instead of protecting our works?
You’re a bit slow to start clutching your pearls now, buddy: your two posts in this thread are exclusively about not having any results on this scraping website.
My work is there? It's the first thing I said here. Not that that matters anyway, I'm kind of disappointed in your response. I asked a pretty straightforward question and you decided to come after me instead :/
I reckon the outrage people have about this website will evaporate when they find out nobody’s bought their artwork for $39.

Yeah. I'm fully aware that anyone purchasing things off of this site is probably just buying Marvel posters or whatever. I know MY work is safe, but if my complaint can help shut down a website that is affecting other artists then I'm happy to do so! I care about our rights as creatives and I think it's important we use our collective power to prevent scumbags like this from exploiting ANY of us.

At 11/13/23 06:29 PM, Zfert wrote:
At 11/13/23 06:23 PM, DioShiba wrote:
At 11/13/23 06:13 PM, Zfert wrote:
At 11/13/23 06:00 PM, DioShiba wrote: As much as I agree that art theft should be taken seriously, I do see where TurkeyonaStick is coming from.

With a lot of the screenshots that have been going in this thread I feel like people are forgetting this thread is more about awareness than it is showing screenshots of your work on there. Though then again I may be one to talk in that regard to by saying that alone.
You want to send a group DMCA complaint, right? Would the first step not be to figure out who is affected so we can organize our complaint to the host service? I think what were doing right now is necessary, no?
I already have on my end for my work.

That said, each individual artist should be doing the same. I'm not sure why we need to keep posting the screenshots of the same site in this thread when what matters right now is pinpointing the proper host providers when we all know the situation is that their works are likely being stolen by these people, not just sharing proof with each other when it should really be sent to the appropriate parties.
Yes, I agree. I didn't think it was necessary to post evidence of my own work being stolen. I don't think its necessary for others to post screenshots of their own work being stolen. However, we have non-Americans in here who can't access the site, I think it's important that we help them out by grabbing pictures if they can't!

I’ve been suggesting that those outside of the US use VPNs if they have access to them. If not I would definitely say contact their American friends to check via DM.

I don’t think people will go out of their way to buy off of these sites since no one probably heard of them until recently, but we would all agree that the sites should be shut down regardless

I only wanted to see if my artwork was on the site because I couldn’t see it myself and I might need a screenshot for proof if I send an email to the host provider.

That being said, how do I properly send an email about my stolen work? I’ve never done it before.

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

This just fucking sucks for everyone

Toniestbook

At 11/13/23 07:05 PM, MondoBilby wrote: I only wanted to see if my artwork was on the site because I couldn’t see it myself and I might need a screenshot for proof if I send an email to the host provider.
That being said, how do I properly send an email about my stolen work? I’ve never done it before.

Well you see, the first step is going on google.

While I might be coming off as a dick here, all it really takes is taking the time to look it up and finding the information on your own.

We need to wipe shartwisher from the face of the earth. You don't fuck with the grounds

Also if this is just pulling stuff off of google it's safe to assume official tankman and behemoth related stuff is there so we all know where that's going

I have a feeling mines got to be on there, I just cant access it because im not from the U.S

BBS Signature

Given that there is limited ways to browse available posters, I would not be surprised if the website and other similar sites only scrapes the images once you type your username into the search bar.

BBS Signature

IDK if it's just me, but the search wasn't really loading at all when I was checking if they scraped from me. Perhaps this is a good sign?

I am the original GetterRocka

At 11/13/23 06:57 AM, DioShiba wrote:
At 11/13/23 06:55 AM, Prismisho wrote: FYI, don’t attempt to file a DMCA on ArtWisher, as it will ban your IP. They know what they are doing is wrong.
That’s where I’m gonna have to get a VPN then, I would assume.

oh and… they did get some of my works too, it would seem.

you make pretty nice art

Dear the user AngelLOL123 ;D

At 11/14/23 11:45 AM, Spaggo wrote: We need to wipe shartwisher from the face of the earth. You don't fuck with the grounds

Also if this is just pulling stuff off of google it's safe to assume official tankman and behemoth related stuff is there so we all know where that's going

Oh also worth mentioning all the other official promotional stuff from games or other products

I'm probably wrong about this, but have you noticed that anyone who makes a post on this thread gets their art stolen? (Can't steal what I don't have bitches!)

At 11/15/23 11:39 AM, Magnedeus wrote: I'm probably wrong about this, but have you noticed that anyone who makes a post on this thread gets their art stolen? (Can't steal what I don't have bitches!)

What if it was a screenshot of your profile?

At 11/13/23 07:04 PM, DioShiba wrote:
At 11/13/23 06:29 PM, Zfert wrote:
At 11/13/23 06:23 PM, DioShiba wrote:
At 11/13/23 06:13 PM, Zfert wrote:
At 11/13/23 06:00 PM, DioShiba wrote: As much as I agree that art theft should be taken seriously, I do see where TurkeyonaStick is coming from.

With a lot of the screenshots that have been going in this thread I feel like people are forgetting this thread is more about awareness than it is showing screenshots of your work on there. Though then again I may be one to talk in that regard to by saying that alone.
You want to send a group DMCA complaint, right? Would the first step not be to figure out who is affected so we can organize our complaint to the host service? I think what were doing right now is necessary, no?
I already have on my end for my work.

That said, each individual artist should be doing the same. I'm not sure why we need to keep posting the screenshots of the same site in this thread when what matters right now is pinpointing the proper host providers when we all know the situation is that their works are likely being stolen by these people, not just sharing proof with each other when it should really be sent to the appropriate parties.
Yes, I agree. I didn't think it was necessary to post evidence of my own work being stolen. I don't think its necessary for others to post screenshots of their own work being stolen. However, we have non-Americans in here who can't access the site, I think it's important that we help them out by grabbing pictures if they can't!
I’ve been suggesting that those outside of the US use VPNs if they have access to them. If not I would definitely say contact their American friends to check via DM.

I don’t think people will go out of their way to buy off of these sites since no one probably heard of them until recently, but we would all agree that the sites should be shut down regardless

My guess is that attempting to sell a bunch of shitty art is just a front Seeing as there are clones of the site. It gives me duplicate mattress stores across the street, money laundering vibes. Hmm well since they're using a data scraper. Maybe they're selling the data within the art? Not sure what kind of data that would be useful from images, aside from irl and digital screenshots. The irl ones I know for sure contain meta data that helps figure out the location of where the photo was taken. But usually websites take the precaution of removing that data for the user's safety.

Or it could just like how it was pointed in the thread. Just China stealing and selling shit.

I heard these sites are more like search engines and that's why everyone is finding their art there. I don't think they are actually uploading anyone's work and selling it. This is just pure speculation, but I suspect these sites don't deliver anything and are a scam designed to steal the user's payment info. I won't be browsing or searching my name.

Blooming even after the darkest of seasons

i went through a situation like that back in 2019. what these websites do is randomly steal images from google or social media, put it up, and then just steal people's credentials when you want to buy the print or poster. These are essentially scam sites and while as an artist, they don't entirely directly bank off of your shit, they steal the sensitive information of people who are illiterate enough to try to buy these things from unreliable websites. a lot of the time you can't even report an infringement of intellectual rights, because the site will either not work, or the report will be completely disregarded by the scammers who run it anyways.

There's chicks without dicks, Joe.

BBS Signature

At 11/15/23 01:30 PM, UNCLEREGZ wrote: i went through a situation like that back in 2019. what these websites do is randomly steal images from google or social media, put it up, and then just steal people's credentials when you want to buy the print or poster. These are essentially scam sites and while as an artist, they don't entirely directly bank off of your shit, they steal the sensitive information of people who are illiterate enough to try to buy these things from unreliable websites. a lot of the time you can't even report an infringement of intellectual rights, because the site will either not work, or the report will be completely disregarded by the scammers who run it anyways.

Isn't that why people go directly to the host providers and not the owners of the site?

Glad that they haven't touched me because I'm a Gold Super Skilled!

If they ever touch me, they r gona regret their decision and they will end up in yail

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

Affortunately, they haven't messed with me! I tried to search on all of their 3 websites with my American VPN and didn't found nothing.

Official Member of the ROTC and the WC (haha toilet)

Also Current Owner of Wikigrounds (I adopted it on December.)

BBS Signature

Looks like my "artwork" is safe

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Wtf??? I never even visited this site how did they already manage to ban me?

iu_1114299_8710555.png

Join the Death Note Collab!!!...If you wanna...○ × ○

BBS Signature

At 11/15/23 03:34 PM, dreggsu wrote: Affortunately, they haven't messed with me! I tried to search on all of their 3 websites with my American VPN and didn't found nothing.

Although someone maybe could try to research, because the site is slow

Official Member of the ROTC and the WC (haha toilet)

Also Current Owner of Wikigrounds (I adopted it on December.)

BBS Signature

At 11/15/23 04:29 PM, VanVeleca wrote: Wtf??? I never even visited this site how did they already manage to ban me?

Nah that's kinda funny ngl 💀

Y'all can see if my art is in there? i've been trying to figure it out if my art is in there or nah (not from 'murica tho)

The goofy ahh penguin, creator of Deep Sea Prisoner! ;D

BBS Signature

i geniouenly never heard of a website like that actually being taken because someone contacted the host. Truth is artist's copyright rights aren't really respected, especially compared to other forms of art like music. You'd need to seriously go out of your way to make a host provider ditch a site like that for copyright infringement over art

There's chicks without dicks, Joe.

BBS Signature

Posted by AutomatonTonic on Toyhouse. Please read this if you’re not already aware! I’m sharing this here because I see a lot of people in this thread visiting the site and searching either for themselves or for others.

https://toyhou.se/~forums/5867.service-reviews/460803.psa-artwisher-stealing-and-selling-your-art?page=15#post-6861557

Copy/pasted version for more visibility:

Do not search your or anyone else's username, do not view the site, stop giving this website attraction as this will likely drive the site to get more attention in the algorithm.

Please read the other's posts in this forum, I see constantly that no one is reading them so please, I implore you to.

No one is likely buying your art on this site, it is discouraging but please, take a breath, and take a step back. Take care of yourselves. Do not let this discourage you from selling your art or otherwise. Your work is worth it. Do not let this scare you but if you truly need to, set watermarks on for your own comfort but bots and data scrapers do not care as you can clearly tell through screenshots people have posted already. Just taking one look at the site is sketch enough for any even non-artist to steer clear of this.

With sites like this, they can earn revenue from clicking on links and domains sell for more money if there is more traffic to a site.

There will always be another site like this though we are not fully powerless to stop it and I would highly highly discourage the idea of sending your information to the site itself for DMCa, Cloudflare only, I cannot stress that enough. Even something like an email carries a lot of weight in digital information. Link is in the OP.

Unfortunately, yes, it is very likely your art is on the site if you post your art in anyway online

Here is a pretty informative post I agree with, though of course take it with a grain of salt as there is not a lot of evidence and is just speculation- https://dogtoling.tumblr.com/post/733891227217543168/so-some-random-website-is-selling-your-art-and 

If Cloudflare gets enough information about the site they will likely take it down from their servers though this is likely a hydra situation as there are clones of the website already.

Important information I have gathered regarding the site, will likely update once more comes up:

DNS: Cloudflare ( https://abuse.cloudflare.com/dmca )

Website Host: Hetzner Online GBH ( abuse@hetzner.de )

Registrar: TLD Registrar Solutions 

https://lookup.icann.org/en/lookup

(End quote, back to bappledilk-talk.) Of course, you guys already knew a lot of this, but the biggest/main point I’m trying to get across by sharing this here is: Please do not visit the website, even if it’s just out of curiosity to see if your art is there.

Fuck the cynicism, let the colors fly!

Don’t care you think it’s cringe, because it’s not your life!

BBS Signature

In regards to what @bappledilk wrote, this is why I opted not to send an email directly to the site the moment I saw the first comment that their email got blocked.

I may end up doing a total revision of my news post with some of the information that has been gathered from the above post. This is why people need to approach this with calm and not make any rash decisions before panicking. But at this point there really isn't much anyone else can do beyond reporting it to Hetzner and letting CloudFlare become aware of the site.

At 11/13/23 09:17 AM, DioShiba wrote: Doing some investegative work on my end.

It would appear that the website is hosted by CloudFlare. A WhoIs search also seems to confirm this.

I'm also going to provide an ICANN lookup as well and it would seem to confirm this as well.

I would advise sending a DCMA complaint to them via abuse@cloudflare.com with the proper DCMA complaints. I will be working on my own and inform both parties far as my work is concerned.

Here's their parent hosting company, by the way.

TLD Registrars Solutions

35-39 Moorgate

London, EC2R 6AR

United Kingdom

Apparently they've got a history of hosting genuinely skeevy content.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Don't bother, it's a scam as they would never actually deliver it to you. as far as i heard. this is just a phishing scam

even if it did deliver it would just be a jpeg in a big sheet of paper, pixels and all

Best regards

BBS Signature

At 11/16/23 04:10 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 11/13/23 09:17 AM, DioShiba wrote: Doing some investegative work on my end.

It would appear that the website is hosted by CloudFlare. A WhoIs search also seems to confirm this.

I'm also going to provide an ICANN lookup as well and it would seem to confirm this as well.

I would advise sending a DCMA complaint to them via abuse@cloudflare.com with the proper DCMA complaints. I will be working on my own and inform both parties far as my work is concerned.
Here's their parent hosting company, by the way.

TLD Registrars Solutions
35-39 Moorgate
London, EC2R 6AR
United Kingdom

Apparently they've got a history of hosting genuinely skeevy content.

While this information is helpful, doing a google search on TLD only shows that they've been permanently closed so I'm not sure how helpful it will be.

I'll add it to my post but if someone is able to confirm that it's not an active hosting company then I'll end up removing it.