00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NeonWolfNate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

so there's a coup attempt happening

13,460 Views | 434 Replies

are we actually going to avoid the fact that a coup is ongoing in our congress by thousands of trump supporters?

i *think* that's kind of important.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 15:14:51

iu_221029_252797.jpg

No. This is not a pic from today. This is a pic of last summer, when there were BLM protests in DC. Today the National Guard is nowhere to be seen, because apparently The Pentagon denied a request to deploy them.

Freaking shots have been fired inside the capitol. But I guess since the protesters are white, it's not that big of a deal...?

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

I don't think this will do anything but delay the inevitable, while making our law and order president look like someone who is trying to incite a riot, and that his supporter are violent, anti-constitutional, and treasonous.

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 15:19:37

What a mess. What a farce.

Could DC theoretically call in the Maryland and/or Virginia branches of the National Guard? (if shit gets really out of hand)

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 15:23:47

You know - as an Outsider from across the pond - the election and the drama has been fairly amusing, but it really, really stopped being amusing an hour ago. I really hope US politics get their shit together. Setting all friendly euro-us-banter aside, I wish you a brighter future than the clusterf*ck going on at the Moment..

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 15:31:51

At 1/6/21 03:19 PM, ChazDude wrote: What a mess. What a farce.

Could DC theoretically call in the Maryland and/or Virginia branches of the National Guard? (if shit gets really out of hand)

they tried to send the National Guard already, but for some reason the request was denied by someone in the defense department

i'm really hoping that's not a sign of support for this from the defense department, because if it is our democracy is literally dead

that's not an exaggeration

we'll wait and see

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 15:32:11

Unbelievable.

BBS Signature

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 15:41:35

At 1/6/21 03:31 PM, Gario wrote:
At 1/6/21 03:19 PM, ChazDude wrote: What a mess. What a farce.

they tried to send the National Guard already, but for some reason the request was denied by someone in the defense department

The reason is that the Minister of Defense was appointed by Trump.

And this is a perfect example of why you don't "try to reason" with fucking Nazis. Oh, and anyone who voted for Trump in this election? This is in you. No "whoopsie", no "but I didn't know it would come to this". Fuck you. This is on you.

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 15:43:56

iu_221042_1717894.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 15:49:21

iu_221049_1717894.png

BBS Signature

Trump is trying to calm his fanatics down on twitter, but that just seems to be a disclaimer after emotionally exciting them to this point. People on tweeter are also responding back to him and pointing their finger at him for exciting his supporters to this level.

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 15:56:14

At 1/6/21 03:47 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote: This is absolutely insane. Is this going to be the norm every four years? Is our democracy really this fragile? I'm speechless.

The thing I had been saying for years (and being mocked for being "too extreme and over-reacting" on here, by the way) was that Democracy is only as strong as people agree it to be. Yes, all of this is "against the rules", but that doesn't matter when the rules are not enforced.

Do you want to know why these folk have gotten this far? Because there is a lot of support for this within law enforcement, within the military, and within our elected offices. Who gives a flying fuck what the law is if the people able to enforce those laws let them be trampled upon?

Who cares about optics when you accomplish your goals?

This is exactly what I was saying would happen if we took these attempts against America as mere "bad optics". This isn't an inevitable victory for the Trump supporters or anything, but perhaps the moderates on here should start taking this shit more seriously than assuming bad optics alone is enough to deter this kind of shit.

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 15:56:45

Just mulling over the Twitter responses that claim the people inside are Antifa infiltrators.

The combination of conspiracy and non-acceptance of democracy just spirals in on itself.

iu_221055_1301731.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 15:56:48

At 1/6/21 03:49 PM, test-object wrote: picture

I just noticed how a lot of his supporters are wearing flag capes, dressed with police and military body armor, and other costumes. Is this a Trump ren-fair that got out of control?

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 16:03:11

iu_221058_3128420.jpg

Trump supporter in Nancy Pelosi's office.

iu_221057_3128420.jpg

Trump supporter screaming that Trump won in the Senate Chamber.

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 16:07:33

Let's not sugarcoat this, the Republican party has officially become a domestic terror threat, cool. These are the sort of scenes you'd expect to see in a 3rd world country not in the world's leading democracy. Russia is laughing.

Fuck Trump for instigating this, but the blame really lies with McConnell and the wider Republican party; Cruz Rubio and Graham etc. They've happily humored and allowed Trump to lie unchecked for 4 years because they thought it was politically convenient for them and their party, and have allowed bullshit right wing / Qanon conspiracy garbage to get mainlined into the upper echelons of the Republican party, they can't act surprised now with what's happening.

They didn't come out and squash birtherism under Obama, they didn't come out and acknowledge Biden's win, they gaslighted voters by fanning the flames of 'irregularities' with the votes because they thought it would help them in Georgia. They can't act surprised when the Trump cultists buy it.

BBS Signature

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 16:12:43

At 1/6/21 04:07 PM, Fim wrote: Let's not sugarcoat this, the Republican party has officially become a domestic terror threat, cool.

I think my post from a few days ago has become terribly relevant here.

At 1/4/21 02:55 PM, Gario wrote: ... [I] feel it's as good a time as any to point fingers at the modern Republican party for creating delusional psychopaths who not only suffer from incurable brain rot, but also leaves them in a state where they feel they're the only ones left able to do anything about it

This is state sanctioned stochastic terrorism from the Republican party. as long as Republicans hold any sort of power at this point the United States of America will be at risk of continued domestic threats such as this, much like Afghanistan is at constant risk of the Taliban committing acts of terror to control it's population. Republicans are a domestic enemy to the American people, and the more people recognize this the better our country will be for it.

Fucking mongrols.

I stand by what I said here.

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 16:14:31

This seems to be somehow prophetic by Trump biggest congressional supporter of the last 4 years, Lindsey Graham: If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed.......and we will deserve it.

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 16:18:15

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 16:24:05

At 1/6/21 04:12 PM, Gario wrote:
At 1/6/21 04:07 PM, Fim wrote: Let's not sugarcoat this, the Republican party has officially become a domestic terror threat, cool.
I think my post from a few days ago has become terribly relevant here.

At 1/4/21 02:55 PM, Gario wrote: ... [I] feel it's as good a time as any to point fingers at the modern Republican party for creating delusional psychopaths who not only suffer from incurable brain rot, but also leaves them in a state where they feel they're the only ones left able to do anything about it

This is state sanctioned stochastic terrorism from the Republican party. as long as Republicans hold any sort of power at this point the United States of America will be at risk of continued domestic threats such as this, much like Afghanistan is at constant risk of the Taliban committing acts of terror to control it's population. Republicans are a domestic enemy to the American people, and the more people recognize this the better our country will be for it.

Fucking mongrols.
I stand by what I said here.

Reminds me of a line I heard the other day, 'at some point, the Republican party stopped winking at all the crazy Fox News conspiracy think pieces, and started smiling at them'

BBS Signature

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 16:25:12

iu_221069_8392250.jpg

kinda sad how american police wont fire at them, and they lost capitol hill to a bunch of reddit neckbeards and retards.

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 16:41:12

EY, IT ENDED, THE DEMS TOOK BACK CONGRESS

iu_221078_1717894.jpg

Trump released a video on Twitter where he told people to 'go home now' inbetween several rants about the election being stolen.

BBS Signature

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 17:03:16

iu_221091_252797.jpg

The title reads "The Firebug. A president torches his country". How very fitting. It's the issue from 6th June 2020, btw.

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 17:11:16

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 17:12:31

Yes, I did vote for Trump in 2020... If you decide I should be cancelled, I totally understand.

The Antifa rioters vandalized stores and vehicles, but they didn't go so far as to attack our leaders in Congress.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 17:17:30

At 1/6/21 04:41 PM, test-object wrote:
Trump released a video on Twitter where he told people to 'go home now' inbetween several rants about the election being stolen.

Seems that Crazy Rudy Gulliani is also echoing for peaceful demonstrations, while at the same time flaming the situation with conspiracies, claiming they are on the right side of History. You can't have it both ways.

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 17:19:21

At 1/6/21 05:12 PM, Th-e wrote: Yes, I did vote for Trump in 2020... If you decide I should be cancelled, I totally understand.

The Antifa rioters vandalized stores and vehicles, but they didn't go so far as to attack our leaders in Congress.

You're being considerably more realistic than most Trump supporters I've engaged with, so you've passed my bar of not verbally attacking you for your opinion on this, low as that bar is.

*thumbs up*

Response to so there's a coup attempt happening 2021-01-06 17:26:30

Using the media set standard of protests, you could consider this a "mostly peaceful protest." This is not my standard, it is the standard the media set when talking about BLM and Antifa.