00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions

6,108 Views | 51 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello, everyone! Welcome to the first ever Newgrounds Audio Portal Bingo Contest! I’m 1f1n1ty, and I’m excited to be hosting this new competition idea with everyone.

This is the submissions thread for the competition. Please feel free to discuss and ask questions about this event in the discussion thread just over here.

BIG THANKS

Before we get to any details, I have some people I sincerely want to thank for helping out with this. Thank you so much to:

@TaintedLogic: judge and general advisor
@BlueOceans: judge and graphic artist
@Miyolophone: judge
@IoTheEternal: judge
@stardew: graphic artist
@I0TA: prizes
@KaixoMusic: making the discussion thread post for me while I couldn't haha
@samulis: encouragement
@MetalRenard: encouragement
@RealFaction: encouragement
@Bosa: feedback
710Hz: feedback
mewmore: feedback
mistmurk: feedback
JoblessMusic: feedback

These guys helped make this happen! Be sure to give them a big thanks when you have the chance.

THE RULES

Please read all of the rules before entering, and read them again before you submit! Your entry will be disqualified if it does not follow these guidelines.

Contest Rules

1. You must submit one original track made from scratch starting today, December 1st, until the deadline.
2. Below this post there is a bingo board with 25 auditory elements. Your track must make at least 1 bingo on the board by taking 5 elements in any single row, column, or diagonal and incorporating them into your track. It does not matter which one you pick as long as it is clear that your track features all elements listed in the line.
3. You must upload your track to Newgrounds and post it in this thread.
4. After the deadline, judges will score each track by their own rubric and 5 winners will be selected.

General Rules

1. All Newgrounds rules and guidelines apply, both in these threads and in submissions.
2. Do not discuss the competition in this thread! Post only submissions. Please ask all questions and keep all conversation to the discussion thread.
3. Each contestant may submit only one entry.
4. You are allowed to collaborate in groups of two, but no more than that. You won’t get any scoring advantage for working in a team or by yourself. Do also keep in mind that the 1st place prize might not be offered to both people.
5. You cannot have started your track before December 1st. That means no revisiting old scraps or old tracks. If any evidence is found against this rule, your entry will be disqualified.
6. There will be a bit of a grace period right after the deadline, but we won’t accept any entries after the date listed below without a very good reason. Be sure to make time for your final track to render before then!
7. This should really go without saying but... your track needs to be music! Like, not a voice reel or a sound effect demo.
8. Your track must be completely original! We are going by NGADM protocol for this: you can enlist a fellow musician to held sing lyrics or play instruments, but all composition and production must be done by you. No remixes, covers, arrangements, or the like. If you’re concerned about the originality of your work being compromised by a heavy use of presets or samples, please let us know and we will evaluate them on a case-by-case basis.
9. There are no restrictions on the length of each entry, but do keep in mind that you can lose points if your track is “too short” or “too long”!
10. In order to make clear what line you chose to bingo, please indicate in the description of the song the index of the line you cleared! If you do not provide us with this information, we may be unable to judge your submission.
11. There is no concrete boundary that defines “incorporates” when we say to incorporate a bingo element into your song. Use common sense! If it is obvious that you put an effort into using it, you will get credit for it. If you do not know what something is or want extra clarification, feel free to ask (in the discussion thread, of course) and we’ll help you! Consider it a learning experience :)
12. You can clear more than one bingo if you would like… but we can’t award extra points for it, sorry. I admire your tenacity, though! :D
13. Clearly let us know if you update your entry, change your entry, change your account name, etc., so that we can keep things organized.
14. During the judging period, you are not allowed to update or delete your submission. Doing either of these will result in disqualification.
15. You will not necessary get a review from a judge after the competition deadline. If you feel like you really need one, though, feel free to send any one of us a PM! We will be happy to provide feedback and justify scores for you if you ask, it’s just we’re all really busy and it’s a bit too much pressure to require all the judges to leave detailed reviews on everything.
16. If you have any other questions regarding the rules, ask! We can change a rule if people think it’s especially problematic.

THE DEADLINE

DECEMBER 31st, 11:59:59 PM GMT (Newgrounds time)

…after which there will be a judging period of 1 week per 50 entries.

PRIZES

It’s nothing as glamorous as the AIM, but we have some prizes you could win:

- For the 1st place winner, @samulis is offering a copy of his Versiilian Studios Chamber Orchestra library.
- For the top 2 winners, I am preparing a small folder of some random one shots and other sounds for use in small projects.
- For the top 3 winners, @I0TA has a list of game codes that the top 3 winners will get to choose from, including Undertale, GTA, and more.
- For the top 3 winners, @stardew will be making customized forum signatures.
- For the top 5 winners, your submission will get frontpaged.

SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO…

Below is the bingo board for this contest! Best of luck to all participants! <3

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-01 15:36:33

Wow, I support the idea, good luck participants!

Putting the "pro" in procrastination since 2000.

BBS Signature

Alright, I'll join this. I've already started on my song, so I guess I'll be participating anyway

Edit: Mine might seem weird. It's actually in 3/4 with a 4/4 beat... does that count as a 3/4 song?

Best and take care!

~Zach (AlphaStorm)

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-03 02:16:37

At 12/2/18 11:37 PM, AlphaStorm73 wrote: Edit: Mine might seem weird. It's actually in 3/4 with a 4/4 beat... does that count as a 3/4 song?

it's called 6/8

p.s. i am gay

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-03 08:42:32

At 12/3/18 02:16 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 12/2/18 11:37 PM, AlphaStorm73 wrote: Edit: Mine might seem weird. It's actually in 3/4 with a 4/4 beat... does that count as a 3/4 song?
it's called 6/8

Hey you two :) Keep discussion in the discussion thread please! Thanks

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-03 19:23:16

At 12/3/18 08:42 AM, 1f1n1ty wrote:
At 12/3/18 02:16 AM, midimachine wrote:
it's called 6/8
Hey you two :) Keep discussion in the discussion thread please! Thanks

fite me irl

p.s. i am gay

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-05 19:59:44

I'm confused. I did start a track a few days ago though. And I like it so far. But I'm not too clear on what you're saying.

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-05 20:26:22

At 12/5/18 07:59 PM, Zophar wrote: I'm confused. I did start a track a few days ago though. And I like it so far. But I'm not too clear on what you're saying.

Feel free to ask me any burning questions in the discussion thread ;)

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-05 20:57:40

This is such a fun idea, and I just got the Composer Cloud. Definitely getting in on this!

At 12/3/18 07:23 PM, midimachine wrote:
fite me irl

Rohan you rule breaking homo. Song:

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/836161?updated=1544069624

I can't get my groove on. Too many homosapians up in this joint.

quarl BandCamp

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-06 02:12:50

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-06 19:22:34

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-06 22:43:56

At 12/5/18 07:59 PM, Zophar wrote: I'm confused. I did start a track a few days ago though. And I like it so far. But I'm not too clear on what you're saying.

S a m e

-:[ROBLESK]:-

BBS Signature

This is a nice creative idea! I'll definetely join it, even if I am still at the beginning with my music career. Good Luck everyone!

Exploring and shaping this Universe.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-14 13:33:55

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-15 01:11:53

Great idea for a comp! Here's my contribution for R1:

Good luck to everyone involved! The entries so far sound awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-19 22:47:50

line r5

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-20 07:50:01

I did more than one line, so the board below shows what I did. :D

iu_208_5941491.png

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-21 07:07:42

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-22 08:57:51

UUFFFF I am finally done...

Alright, so I have choosen R1 (Guitar, Gb Major, 1 Tempo Change, Ride Cymbal, 16th note run)

I used an FL Slayer (E-Guitar) at the Drum and Bass part (A Section) (0:35) and at the B Section (2:15) of the track. Also there is an Accustic Guitar at the 2nd Break (1:45).

The Gb Major killed me, because I started on a different tonality first XD. Actually, I have no idea if this is really Gb Major lol. So, if it is not, then please let me know XD.

The Tempo change is obvious from 160 to 130 BPM (1:35).

There is an off-beat Ride Cymbal at the first Drop in the beginning (0:05), another one at the B Section (2:15) and the last one in the Outro (3:22).

The "16th note run" is all over the place (Intro, 0:24 as an Arpegiatto, 1:00 as an Arpegiatto, 2:30 as an Arpegiatto), but most notable at the Outro (3:22 as a Lead).

If I have missed anything, then please contact me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, because for the next 2 weeks I will be gone for some time!

Thank you 1nf1n1ty and the rest of the crew for making that contest! I really enjoyed it! :D

Exploring and shaping this Universe.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-23 19:02:17

I think I cleared the board with this... hence the name :p

hi, I do things that make sounds and put them on this site, you can check out my stuff if you want.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-24 08:11:05

LOL, OMG this looks like so much fun!

I love listening to Van Halen, playing with kittens and drinking hard liquor.

BBS Signature

Here's my entry! Started working on this on the 22nd, finished in time for Christmas .

woops, forgot to mention, I completed column C4

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-26 18:39:45

I took a squat and this is what came out. Hope you guys do more competitions like this in the future. This was fun to make.

It's yo boy

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-27 23:33:40

Here's what I've got, went for D1 across.

so wait.. how and where do you submit a song exactly? do i just post it in this thread or is there a link i gotta check to submit it there?

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-29 09:05:55

At 12/29/18 04:40 AM, 8bitLord wrote: so wait.. how and where do you submit a song exactly? do i just post it in this thread or is there a link i gotta check to submit it there?

Post it here ;) discussion and questions go in the other thread

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-29 21:33:10

I've did it! My entry is an attempt at R5 and... How do I post it here?

Well, the link to it is this one so, please consider it!

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/840207?updated=1546136949

Response to NGAP BINGO CONTEST 2018 Submissions 2018-12-29 21:44:40

Changed my mind