00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Construct 3 Game Jam Winners!

8,903 Views | 14 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Construct 3 Game Jam Winners! 2017-06-14 20:12:40

This past month we hosted a Construct 3 Game Jam, to celebrate Construct 3 nearing the end of beta.

Construct 3 allows you to develop games and deploy them to multiple platforms such as web, PC, Mac, Mobile and Xbox One. No programming experience is required and C3 runs entirely in your browser, meaning you can access your game project anywhere, even on a Chromebook. It's the best web-based application I've ever seen and as an advocate of the open web, I'm really excited to see how it progresses.

With no further ado, here are the winners of the jam!

1st - 3rd (one year C3 license and one year honorary Supporter status opn NG):

Butzbo took a break from preparing his Dinomelt demo to try Construct 3 and the result was a solid game that looks and plays great! Butzbo is a great example of an artist / animator who has become a game developer as a result of modern tools that help bring his ideas to the screen.

Escape3 is possibly the most beautiful game of the jam, with it's gorgeous claymation visuals. Some bugs can make things rough at times but the concept and feel is solid.

Royal Cats is another delightfully illustrated entry that remains in your memory well after playing. The mechanic of multi-tiered jumping is both clever and challenging. Difficulty ramps up fast but the overall experience is excellent.

4th - 10th (one year honorary Supporter status on NG):

Get Creamed is a classic NG team-up, with @PhantomArcade3000 bringing his design to @moawling for art and @bonehaver for development. The end result is a fun and beautiful little game that drew a lot of players.

Blind Blade oozes visual style, which I didn't expect going into a game where you can't see. It can be hard but it's really rewarding when you are doing well.

3Pants has charming art, especially on the in-between screens with the trees. The mechanics are fun and keep it simple while feeling fresh. It seemed like it could work on mobile but I tested it and it didn't, curious to know what it would take to get it running.

TEthreeS really stuck out to me as something that has created a legit twist on Tetris; Tetris enthusiasts don't want to miss this. It feels like it will be easy at first but soon you realize how tricky it gets.

Feed Me and Get Out demonstrates Construct 3's ability to produce cool action games with lots of visual oomph. @DiscoFish has a great sense of style and you'll feel it throughout. Go blast some zombie cats!

DevHood Quest is about three game devs making a game for a game jam, how appropriate! It packs in a lot of material and deserves a play.

Vikings has a good Castlevania vibe going on and a lot of potential to be expanded on.

Thank you everyone who participated in this jam, with 147 entries total! There are a lot more games that are worth a play, be sure to check out the Construct 3 Jam collection.

We're thrilled to see what people were able to create in two weeks with a beta version of Construct 3 and I'm hoping to host another Construct 3 Jam on NG in the near future! C3 is turning out to be a great successor to Flash.

Up next: Winners of our Super Rude Bear art contest. Sorry these announcements have been dragging out a bit!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam Winners! 2017-06-14 20:52:59

Dang! Should have worked hard from the get-go. Maybe when I make time, I'll just go back, go through what the Tripower game was supposed to be, work on the animation and code, and, whether it would be a demo or a final product, I'l publish it on this site so that you guys could just finally play it and understand what the game and its' story was all about. If only there was some kind of redemption for not sending a good working game to this game jam.

I even realize that, in my haste, the code in the game was not good or finished at all. I'm afraid that I shamed myself when I did that. Sorry.

Oh well. I have exams to study for now. When I have the time, I'll go through every thing in my game, fix it up, publish it on Newgrounds and let you guys see the final game anyway.

Once again, sorry.

At 6/14/17 08:12 PM, TomFulp wrote: This past month we hosted a Construct 3 Game Jam, to celebrate Construct 3 nearing the end of beta.

Construct 3 allows you to develop games and deploy them to multiple platforms such as web, PC, Mac, Mobile and Xbox One. No programming experience is required and C3 runs entirely in your browser, meaning you can access your game project anywhere, even on a Chromebook. It's the best web-based application I've ever seen and as an advocate of the open web, I'm really excited to see how it progresses.

With no further ado, here are the winners of the jam!

1st - 3rd (one year C3 license and one year honorary Supporter status opn NG):
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694168
Butzbo took a break from preparing his Dinomelt demo to try Construct 3 and the result was a solid game that looks and plays great! Butzbo is a great example of an artist / animator who has become a game developer as a result of modern tools that help bring his ideas to the screen.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694052
Escape3 is possibly the most beautiful game of the jam, with it's gorgeous claymation visuals. Some bugs can make things rough at times but the concept and feel is solid.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694183
Royal Cats is another delightfully illustrated entry that remains in your memory well after playing. The mechanic of multi-tiered jumping is both clever and challenging. Difficulty ramps up fast but the overall experience is excellent.

4th - 10th (one year honorary Supporter status on NG):
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694193
Get Creamed is a classic NG team-up, with @PhantomArcade3000 bringing his design to @moawling for art and @bonehaver for development. The end result is a fun and beautiful little game that drew a lot of players.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/693795
Blind Blade oozes visual style, which I didn't expect going into a game where you can't see. It can be hard but it's really rewarding when you are doing well.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694150
3Pants has charming art, especially on the in-between screens with the trees. The mechanics are fun and keep it simple while feeling fresh. It seemed like it could work on mobile but I tested it and it didn't, curious to know what it would take to get it running.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694041
TEthreeS really stuck out to me as something that has created a legit twist on Tetris; Tetris enthusiasts don't want to miss this. It feels like it will be easy at first but soon you realize how tricky it gets.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694160
Feed Me and Get Out demonstrates Construct 3's ability to produce cool action games with lots of visual oomph. @DiscoFish has a great sense of style and you'll feel it throughout. Go blast some zombie cats!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694234
DevHood Quest is about three game devs making a game for a game jam, how appropriate! It packs in a lot of material and deserves a play.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694175
Vikings has a good Castlevania vibe going on and a lot of potential to be expanded on.

Thank you everyone who participated in this jam, with 147 entries total! There are a lot more games that are worth a play, be sure to check out the Construct 3 Jam collection.

We're thrilled to see what people were able to create in two weeks with a beta version of Construct 3 and I'm hoping to host another Construct 3 Jam on NG in the near future! C3 is turning out to be a great successor to Flash.

Up next: Winners of our Super Rude Bear art contest. Sorry these announcements have been dragging out a bit!

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam Winners! 2017-06-14 20:59:52

Can you estimate when is the next Construct3 Game Jam and let me know right away? I would like to try again to sharpen my game making skills for next time. OH! And don't forget the game jam licence for Construct3 so that we can all compete without worrying about using Construct3 in free mode. Thanks.

I can't wait to get a free Construct3 licence! Thanks!

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam Winners! 2017-06-14 21:33:49

Congrats to all the winners! And even those who made the attempt. I had a pleasant experience participating and playing through most of the submissions.

And a thanks to everyone who enjoyed the game @Moawling, @Bonehaver, and myself worked on. Reading through the reviews has been grand.

I wonder how many people jerked off to our game...

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam Winners! 2017-06-14 22:09:32

congrats butzbo!

they were all really good,! I really dug the duck designs

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam Winners! 2017-06-14 22:45:48

Congrats to all the winners! Cant wait for the next gamejam!

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam Winners! 2017-06-15 01:06:37

YAY DUCKS YAY @BUTZBO

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam Winners! 2017-06-15 04:02:21

Congratulations to all winners! @Butzbo your entry was my favourite. I knew that you'll win :)

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam Winners! 2017-06-15 06:11:14

Gratz to the winners, I enjoyed "DUCKS!" a lot!

It's good to learn something new every day!

Trying to develop games, music and art.

Follow my work!

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam Winners! 2017-06-15 06:57:51

Congrats to the winners!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam Winners! 2017-06-15 08:35:08

Congrats butzbo, well deserved. Cannot wait for his next game.

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam Winners! 2017-06-15 09:47:15

[DevHood Quest Dev here]

Thanks for all the support that you guys gave to our game, and specially to Newgrounds and Scirra for this Jam. I'm really proud of my team and learned a lot from this, and also had fun time playing the games.

Ducks! and Royal Cats were my favs! Congratulations :D

Hope we can get more like this soon.

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam Winners! 2017-06-15 12:00:51

OH BOY, thanks to all who played and reviewed!!,
It was cool to experiment with puzzles on C3; I'm also amazed by the amount of games that came from the jam, I still have some more to try out...
Also, shout-outs to @Coffee-Break for the coolibert tracks I added on the last hours of the jam.
And WOW thanks @Sabtastic , that's one of the most awesome things to happen to the ducks :V !!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct 3 Game Jam Winners! 2017-06-15 23:13:10

3pants was awesome, I hope they expand on it!

I <3 Newgrounds! Congrats to all winners! And Ducks is an awesome game!! Quak! :)