00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

amelia-squealia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters.

93,542 Views | 1,524 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At 8/13/23 10:19 PM, door88 wrote: Homemade fried rice:

For some reason my fried rice picture didn't show up in the last post I made, oh well have a picture of some homemade Swedish meatballs sans lingonberry jam as I forgot to buy some from the store last week.

iu_1103368_9477648.webp

β€œI bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.” - Jack Handey

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-10-28 23:42:40

I meant to post this over a week ago. But seriously, wtf man! Was "chicken flavored" not good enough for this brand?! These dudes definitely knew what they were doingπŸ˜‚iu_1105055_14625826.webp

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-12-22 16:30:03

Bumping this thread to spread some holiday cheer! I made two batches of fudge. One regular (with half of it sprinkled with some Christmas-themed chocolate chips) and the other one peppermint flavored (requested by a relative). I'm not crazy for peppermint in general, so I'm not gonna be eating on the latter batch very much, but it is still pretty good. Used some peppermint extract. Spilled quite a bit on the kitchen floor, but that just means that the kitchen smells good

iu_1133483_14625826.webp

Regular

iu_1133482_14625826.webp

Peppermint

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-12-23 09:06:54

At 12/22/23 04:30 PM, JumboPumpkin wrote: Bumping this thread to spread some holiday cheer! I made two batches of fudge. One regular (with half of it sprinkled with some Christmas-themed chocolate chips) and the other one peppermint flavored (requested by a relative). I'm not crazy for peppermint in general, so I'm not gonna be eating on the latter batch very much, but it is still pretty good. Used some peppermint extract. Spilled quite a bit on the kitchen floor, but that just means that the kitchen smells good

Regular

Peppermint

Looks yummy! πŸ₯°πŸŽ„

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-12-23 20:06:00

Sometime ago I made something called "chocolate bombs" which consisted of some sugary mass filled with chocolate. I used cherry and eggnog chocolates for them.

iu_1134083_10186085.webp

I also made some choco chip cookies, but didn't know I had to spread the choco chips in the mix, and put 'em by hand

iu_1134084_10186085.webp

There was also a time I did brownies, but I don't have pics of these. However, they ended horribly wrong since I forgot to add sugar

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

At 12/23/23 08:06 PM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote: Sometime ago I made something called "chocolate bombs" which consisted of some sugary mass filled with chocolate. I used cherry and eggnog chocolates for them.

I also made some choco chip cookies, but didn't know I had to spread the choco chips in the mix, and put 'em by hand

There was also a time I did brownies, but I don't have pics of these. However, they ended horribly wrong since I forgot to add sugar

Those chocolate bombs look like they'd be fun to make. Did you use a specific recipe? I'm kinda curious about how you made em, if you don't mind

Edit: as for putting chocolate chips in the cookies, if you created the dough from scratch, you can just throw the chocolate chips in after mixing all the other ingredients together. After I beat the ingredients together, I personally put in half a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and kinda eyeball the dark chocolate chips. Typically a bit over half. It'll look like too many chocolate chips at first till you fold em into the dough. Of course, that just depends on what recipe you use. Idk, hope it helps

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-12-23 23:46:36

At 12/23/23 11:19 PM, JumboPumpkin wrote:
At 12/23/23 08:06 PM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote: Sometime ago I made something called "chocolate bombs" which consisted of some sugary mass filled with chocolate. I used cherry and eggnog chocolates for them.

Those chocolate bombs look like they'd be fun to make. Did you use a specific recipe? I'm kinda curious about how you made em, if you don't mind

Edit: as for putting chocolate chips in the cookies, if you created the dough from scratch, you can just throw the chocolate chips in after mixing all the other ingredients together. After I beat the ingredients together, I personally put in half a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and kinda eyeball the dark chocolate chips. Typically a bit over half. It'll look like too many chocolate chips at first till you fold em into the dough. Of course, that just depends on what recipe you use. Idk, hope it helps

Sadly, I couldn't find the exact recipe I used, I got it from instructables.com (I got the one for the cookies there too). However, I remember using like 500 gr of fluor, 200 of butter, 70 gr of sugar and mix everything as you'd do with any other mass mix. Once it got the texture I wanted, I took the chocolates, and covered 'em with a small amount of mass as if it was clay. Once I finished every single one, I spreaded a bit of sugar over them and sent them to the furnace.

It was long ago I did that, so I don't remember exactly, but almost over that way. Also, thanks for the advice for the choco chips, i'll consider it for the next time

BBS Signature

iu_1138329_5867179.pngCheers to a Happy and Healthy New Year! πŸ₯‚ More cooking, learning new recipes, and spending time in the kitchen on my agenda for 2024.

(Photo is vanilla soy yogurt, berry granola and fruit - cantaloupe, pineapple, grapes & bananas)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-01 11:46:29

iu_1139114_5867179.pngFirst charcuterie board of 2024 + fruit accompaniment ☺️

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-07 18:50:47

iu_1142970_5867179.pngMy first time ever making stuffed peppers. I really enjoyed them.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-07 20:46:37

Pasta ca Muddica or pasta with breadcrumbs.

Went a little extra with it by using panko crumbs, crisping up some guanciale, adding some extra herbs, and used some other pasta I can't remember the name of. The texture difference was very pleasant, soft pasta and crunchy crumbs.

Carb city baby.

iu_1143051_1809211.webp

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-07 20:47:35

At 1/7/24 08:46 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Pasta ca Muddica or pasta with breadcrumbs.

Went a little extra with it by using panko crumbs, crisping up some guanciale, adding some extra herbs, and used some other pasta I can't remember the name of. The texture difference was very pleasant, soft pasta and crunchy crumbs.

Carb city baby.

That looks so yummy. I damn you for making me hungry

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-10 18:19:16

Why is this so god damn delicious?!

Spaghetti alla carbonara

I've stopped measuring my ingredients a long time ago, I have it pretty well down pat. A couple tweaks I do are 50/50 percorino/parmigiano, linguine, and I add all the leftover rendered oil from the guanciale to the pasta. Typically I just use all whole eggs, but I felt fancy and wanted an extra creamy sauce.

I'm convinced I could eat this all day every day.

iu_1144772_1809211.webp

iu_1144773_1809211.webp

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-10 18:20:02

iu_1144774_5867179.pngKielbasa, potatoes and fried cabbage 😍

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-10 21:12:34

At 1/10/24 06:19 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Why is this so god damn delicious?!

Spaghetti alla carbonara

I've stopped measuring my ingredients a long time ago, I have it pretty well down pat. A couple tweaks I do are 50/50 percorino/parmigiano, linguine, and I add all the leftover rendered oil from the guanciale to the pasta. Typically I just use all whole eggs, but I felt fancy and wanted an extra creamy sauce.

I too could eat carbonara every single day for the rest of forever. It's one of those insanely simple dishes with big flavour and just so easy to put together. The cured meat you choose will really help elevate the dish, but even a cheap block of bacon from the supermarket will make a tasty (and cheap) dish.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-10 22:27:01

At 1/10/24 09:12 PM, OlTrout wrote:

Spaghetti alla carbonara

I too could eat carbonara every single day for the rest of forever. It's one of those insanely simple dishes with big flavour and just so easy to put together. The cured meat you choose will really help elevate the dish, but even a cheap block of bacon from the supermarket will make a tasty (and cheap) dish.

Why don't we share simple foods we could keep eating for the rest of our lives? In my case, would be a "torta" (spanish name). Whatever they're stuffed with, they're always delicious.iu_1144862_10186085.png

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-14 12:20:11

At 1/10/24 09:12 PM, OlTrout wrote:

Spaghetti alla carbonara

Easy, cheap, delicious. I am carbonara.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-14 12:32:30

At 1/14/24 12:20 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Easy, cheap, delicious. I am carbonara.

I had spaghetti carbonara the last two nights. I put zucchini and pancetta in mine. Kiddo loves the noodles but picks out the peppercorns saying "spicy!". She won't touch the meat or zucchini though.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-17 17:37:32

Good afternoon.

I made a pasta, in a weird experiment. I added dried fruits, as well as amaranth and sesame seeds. Oddly enough, the taste feels kind of sweet to me, but it's pretty good anyway. Also is very simple to prepare, as I just made a regular pasta with butter and olive oil, then added the rest and mixed everything

iu_1148454_10186085.webp

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-20 12:55:27

Might as well post breakfast here too for the +1.

Made an omelette stuffed with Parmesan and pepper, folded some toasted naan bread around that, and dipped it in Cholula chipotle. Plus tater tots because I need to use them up.

iu_1149796_1809211.webp

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-20 18:26:21

At 1/20/24 12:55 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Might as well post breakfast here too for the +1.

Made an omelette stuffed with Parmesan and pepper, folded some toasted naan bread around that, and dipped it in Cholula chipotle. Plus tater tots because I need to use them up.

Cholula Chipotle is the best fucking hot sauce ever manufactured.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-21 12:55:22

At 1/20/24 06:26 PM, OlTrout wrote:
At 1/20/24 12:55 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Might as well post breakfast here too for the +1.

I take this back. It's tied for #1 with Valentina.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-24 01:28:38

Made a new year's resolution to learn some more baking recipes. Decided I wanted to try my hand at making sugar cookies.

I tried two recipes. The first recipe/test batch was...ok. Two of my relatives liked em, but it wasn't really the taste I was looking for. I didn't make me think of a sugar cookie, y'know? Too much tang for my liking, and not the best aftertaste

The second recipe on the other hand? *Chef's kiss* Nice amount of sugar, beautiful taste, and the cookies were met with a more positive response. Now, I didn't document my attempts, but just know that despite the awesome taste, they were very crumbly, barely any structural integrity at all. Did some more reading, took a couple notes from reviews, tweaked the recipe, and now I freakin love em. I even use the dough and throw some cinnamon sugar on em, and BAM! Snickerdoole. I may update this post with a picture of my next batch to show how they look. Personally can't get enough of em rn, might go on ahead and buy some cookie cutters, for the holidays. It is almost Valentine's Day, and I think the family would love it

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-24 10:41:31

At 1/24/24 01:28 AM, JumboPumpkin wrote: Made a new year's resolution to learn some more baking recipes. Decided I wanted to try my hand at making sugar cookies.

I tried two recipes. The first recipe/test batch was...ok. Two of my relatives liked em, but it wasn't really the taste I was looking for. I didn't make me think of a sugar cookie, y'know? Too much tang for my liking, and not the best aftertaste

The second recipe on the other hand? *Chef's kiss* Nice amount of sugar, beautiful taste, and the cookies were met with a more positive response. Now, I didn't document my attempts, but just know that despite the awesome taste, they were very crumbly, barely any structural integrity at all. Did some more reading, took a couple notes from reviews, tweaked the recipe, and now I freakin love em. I even use the dough and throw some cinnamon sugar on em, and BAM! Snickerdoole. I may update this post with a picture of my next batch to show how they look. Personally can't get enough of em rn, might go on ahead and buy some cookie cutters, for the holidays. It is almost Valentine's Day, and I think the family would love it

I love to do sweets and cookies, I'd love to know which recipe you used

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-24 17:14:52

At 1/21/24 12:55 PM, OlTrout wrote:
At 1/20/24 06:26 PM, OlTrout wrote:

I take this back. It's tied for #1 with Valentina.

I need to look for this then. Is it spicy for white people? Because anything hotter than ranch and I'm done for.

At 1/24/24 01:28 AM, JumboPumpkin wrote: Made a new year's resolution to learn some more baking recipes. Decided I wanted to try my hand at making sugar cookies.

That's awesome, I someday will also put in an effort to bake more.

I have dipped in a toe with Amaretti biscuits, and they were amazing amazing amazing, and easy. On the last batch I tweaked it for the raw honey I use instead of castor sugar, they didn't turn out quite as good so I still need to tweak it further.

Anyways, I'd seriously recommend them.

iu_1152133_1809211.png

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-01-24 18:19:58

At 1/24/24 10:41 AM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote:

I love to do sweets and cookies, I'd love to know which recipe you used

Silly me, where are my manners. I used this recipe right here. For me personally, I used just a bit more butter as well as half a teaspoon of almond extract. I followed the rest of the recipe as is. It hasn't failed me yet

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-02-02 21:24:33

Liver and onions!!!

Gave them a quick coat in flour, Tony's, and msg. Fried in ghee.

Everyone's favorite right? RIGHT?!

iu_1156705_1809211.webp

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-02-02 21:42:15

At 2/2/24 09:24 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Liver and onions!!!

For offal, I really prefer chicken hearts to livers, but anyone who likes organ meat is probably considered weird as fuck to those that don't.

I used to make a chicken liver mousse where I'd sear the fuck out of some livers, add shallots and thyme, deglaze with white wine, and then blend it up with cool butter and heavy cream and a hefty helping of salt. It was like a liver milkshake but fuck me was it ever good on toast.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-02-02 21:47:59

At 2/2/24 09:42 PM, OlTrout wrote:
At 2/2/24 09:24 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Liver and onions!!!

For offal, I really prefer chicken hearts to livers, but anyone who likes organ meat is probably considered weird as fuck to those that don't.

I do like me some chicken hearts, and I haven't had them in some time.

I used to make a chicken liver mousse where I'd sear the fuck out of some livers, add shallots and thyme, deglaze with white wine, and then blend it up with cool butter and heavy cream and a hefty helping of salt. It was like a liver milkshake but fuck me was it ever good on toast.

That sounds divine. I tried making liver mousse once and didn't follow a recipe. It didn't turn out well lol.

Also I tried that Valentina hot sauce you recommended. So good, even ate it with the livers.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2024-02-02 22:18:07

At 2/2/24 09:47 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Also I tried that Valentina hot sauce you recommended. So good, even ate it with the livers.

I... You... You're a fucking genius, you know that? Goddamn I've never put hot sauce on liver but this sounds amazing.