00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

neojuge just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters.

93,518 Views | 1,524 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-12-22 22:52:57

First go around with Amaretti biscuits. 300g seems like A LOT of sugar to me. I am experimenting with honey as a substitute, but that'll come with time as it's not even weight, plus honey has some moisture in it. Did a batch with 225g of honey instead of sugar, but no icing sugar, so I'll try them tomorrow with icing sugar, or maybe a couple brushed with Disarrono.

They are absolutely delicious though, plus I used the yolks for Carbonara.

iu_844790_1809211.webp

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-12-26 19:19:37

iu_849091_14065249.webp

I put the fried rice I made with a wok I got for Christmas in a pitcher

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-12-30 21:12:42

Man, I nailed these meatballs out of the park. I don't even remember everything that went into them.

Ground beef

Ground pork

Bits of tenderloin that I threw in the food processor with some Boursin herb and garlic cream cheese and goat cheese

Whole eggs

Pancetta

A very finely blended, whipped, and cooked mirepoix plus garlic clove in Lardo

Montreal steak spice, Tony's, MSG, oregano, basil, thyme, white pepper, white wine vinegar, while balsamic vinegar.

Damn, that's a lot...

Also Duchess potatoes plus Boursin herb and garlic (it's my secret weapon).

iu_853384_1809211.webp

BBS Signature

At 12/30/22 09:12 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Man, I nailed these meatballs out of the park. I don't even remember everything that went into them.

Ground beef
Ground pork
Bits of tenderloin that I threw in the food processor with some Boursin herb and garlic cream cheese and goat cheese
Whole eggs
Pancetta
A very finely blended, whipped, and cooked mirepoix plus garlic clove in Lardo
Montreal steak spice, Tony's, MSG, oregano, basil, thyme, white pepper, white wine vinegar, while balsamic vinegar.

Damn, that's a lot...

Also Duchess potatoes plus Boursin herb and garlic (it's my secret weapon).

I thought those were Peeps for a second

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-01-01 16:36:23

iu_855576_5867179.pngGot fresh lettuce out of my garden (bottom of my salad lol). Cucumber, tomato, chicken, croutons. Staying colorful in 2023 🌈

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-01-03 18:28:03

3 Cheese Italian Mac & Cheese

Fontina, Asiago, with a Parmesean-Reggiano crust

To go with the Italian pulled pork shoulder and broccoli rabe from New Year's Day.

iu_857492_3416439.webp

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-01-03 19:02:19

Did lobster poached in garlic lemon butter as one of my NYE dishes. It was delicious and I'm going to do it regularly with seafood when I have guests now.

My mom does broiled lobster and it's hit or miss depending on if the lobster was thawed enough. My way was fool proof.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-01-03 19:08:49

At 1/3/23 07:02 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Did lobster poached in garlic lemon butter as one of my NYE dishes. It was delicious and I'm going to do it regularly with seafood when I have guests now.

My mom does broiled lobster and it's hit or miss depending on if the lobster was thawed enough. My way was fool proof.

I've never gotten int lobster much, but then I've only ever had it boiled or grilled.

I got a 2 lb. bag of American sourced shrimp today. Going to do some scampi with some oil and garlic linguine with broccoli.

I figure I'm just going to keep this garlic train going until talking to me does this to people:

iu_857538_3416439.gif

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-01-03 22:07:52

At 1/3/23 07:08 PM, Peepers wrote:
At 1/3/23 07:02 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Did lobster poached in garlic lemon butter as one of my NYE dishes. It was delicious and I'm going to do it regularly with seafood when I have guests now.

I've never gotten int lobster much, but then I've only ever had it boiled or grilled.
I got a 2 lb. bag of American sourced shrimp today. Going to do some scampi with some oil and garlic linguine with broccoli.
I figure I'm just going to keep this garlic train going until talking to me does this to people:

For the price, it's probably not worth it compared to other delicious crustaceans to cook on the regular, but it was a treat. I think next time I'll infuse the butter first with shallots, lemon, and garlic. It was a bit messy to separate out of the pot at the table.

BBS Signature

At 1/3/23 10:07 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 1/3/23 07:08 PM, Peepers wrote:

For the price, it's probably not worth it compared to other delicious crustaceans to cook on the regular, but it was a treat. I think next time I'll infuse the butter first with shallots, lemon, and garlic. It was a bit messy to separate out of the pot at the table.

Do you know how to make sauce beurre blanc?

It's basically a butter emulsion with these ingredients, though if I'm using shallot I'll forego the garlic. I use fines herbs or fennel fronds and parsley to balance it's richness with some earthy brightness.

Fuck I gotta edit this fast. Let me expand!

Burn the ever living fuck out of some lemons. I'm talking a screaming hot skillet with no oil and you just put the lemon halves flat side down until they're so burnt they pop off the dry pan. Don't shake the pan. Don't check them too early. Don't even look at them until you're like "okay that's way too burnt what's this guy talking about?"

Pop them out of the pan and allow to cool to a comfortable squeezing temp, then juice them into a small metal sauce pan. Add your thyme sprigs, rosemary tree, fennel fronds, half a shallot rough chopped, a couple whole cloves of garlic. Don't worry about cutting or peeling them too aggressively, you're straining it later.

Chop 1/2 to 1 pound of unsalted butter into 3/4" cubes.

Start your pan on low heat until the lemon is at a simmer or even just before (a shimmer, if you're big on poached eggs). Whisk in your butter cube by cube, using the butter to cool the liquid to just below boiling. As it begins to emulsify and get hotter, put more butter in before it totally melts so you don't ruin the emulsion. One charred lemon should have enough liquid / acid to fully emulsify a pound of butter so long as the butter stays around 50-60°C. If you end up breaking the sauce your guests won't know the difference, but next time you can start with a pinch of xanthan gum or use confit garlic paste to help the emulsion along.

Season lightly with kosher salt, this isn't supposed to be a big hit to your palate like other sauces. Too much salt and all you'll taste is a bright and rich sauce like Hollandaise and the seafood will fall flat.

Top it off with some herbs of choice after thoroughly straining.

You can make beurre blanc with chicken stock, fish stock, white wine, some vinegars, lemon or lime juice. Balancing the acid content will always be important since butter emulsions are so fucking rich.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-01-04 13:04:01

At 1/3/23 11:06 PM, OlTrout wrote: Do you know how to make sauce beurre blanc?

It's basically a butter emulsion with these ingredients, though if I'm using shallot I'll forego the garlic. I use fines herbs or fennel fronds and parsley to balance it's richness with some earthy brightness.

Fuck I gotta edit this fast. Let me expand!

Burn the ever living fuck out of some lemons. I'm talking a screaming hot skillet with no oil and you just put the lemon halves flat side down until they're so burnt they pop off the dry pan. Don't shake the pan. Don't check them too early. Don't even look at them until you're like "okay that's way too burnt what's this guy talking about?"

Pop them out of the pan and allow to cool to a comfortable squeezing temp, then juice them into a small metal sauce pan. Add your thyme sprigs, rosemary tree, fennel fronds, half a shallot rough chopped, a couple whole cloves of garlic. Don't worry about cutting or peeling them too aggressively, you're straining it later.

Chop 1/2 to 1 pound of unsalted butter into 3/4" cubes.

Start your pan on low heat until the lemon is at a simmer or even just before (a shimmer, if you're big on poached eggs). Whisk in your butter cube by cube, using the butter to cool the liquid to just below boiling. As it begins to emulsify and get hotter, put more butter in before it totally melts so you don't ruin the emulsion. One charred lemon should have enough liquid / acid to fully emulsify a pound of butter so long as the butter stays around 50-60°C. If you end up breaking the sauce your guests won't know the difference, but next time you can start with a pinch of xanthan gum or use confit garlic paste to help the emulsion along.

Season lightly with kosher salt, this isn't supposed to be a big hit to your palate like other sauces. Too much salt and all you'll taste is a bright and rich sauce like Hollandaise and the seafood will fall flat.

Top it off with some herbs of choice after thoroughly straining.

You can make beurre blanc with chicken stock, fish stock, white wine, some vinegars, lemon or lime juice. Balancing the acid content will always be important since butter emulsions are so fucking rich.

I have not, but if I ever decide to learn all these beurre monte type recipes, this will be very much at or near the top, because it sounds like a decadent elevation to any dish. I would like to go to some French restaurants that offer these kinds of sauces without taking shortcuts that come out of a package.

Would tarragon be included in the fine herbs? I really started to like tarragon when I was making Bearnaise.

This also very much sounds like a Valentines day thing. If I put in all this effort, I better be getting lucky lmao.

I also have to confess, I used ghee instead of butter for the lobster (which obviously wouldn't work for beurre blanc), and think I'll start infusing it with all sorts of other flavors. I have a half case of Guy Saget Muscadet that needs using for cooking, because it's just not to my palate.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-01-04 14:16:04

At 1/4/23 01:04 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Would tarragon be included in the fine herbs? I really started to like tarragon when I was making Bearnaise.

Parsley, chives, tarragon, and chervil. But we don't see much chervil here. Just follow your heart.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-01-11 13:46:39

iu_864651_14065249.webp

I made a whole batch of lentil curry soup, I'm planning on eating it for dinner for a few days

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-01-17 12:59:35

iu_870133_5867179.pngone of my favorite Christmas gifts this year. I can’t wait to bake with this bad boy.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-01-17 15:24:42

At 6/11/16 11:54 AM, Kiwi wrote: This is a club for people who enjoy cooking, baking, and eating.

I'll be posting some of the different desserts and meals that I have made in this thread. I'm not a professional by any means, but I do enjoy baking and cooking as a hobby. I'd also like to see some of your creations, ideas for food, or hear about meals or desserts that you've really enjoyed and why you enjoyed them.

Feel free to share your creations or reccomendations for foods or food places, as well as why you would or wouldn't like some type of food.

The first thing I'll be sharing is a White Strawberry Jell-O poke cake I made four the Fourth of July last year (pictured below). I made strawberry Jell-O, and baked a plain white cake. I then poked holes into the white cake with a straw after it had baked, and before the Jell-O had molded, I poured it into the white cake. I let the cake cool for a few hours, then I topped the cake with whipped white frosting, blueberries and strawberries in the shape of an American flag.

This cake was really good. It had the perfect sweet taste to it, and the fruit went so well with the taste of the Jell-O that was inside of the cake.

at school rn so i can't send a picture, but i make a pretty good pizza casserole/pasta salad

DID A SHRIMP FRY THIS RICE?!

Making some bolognese.

iu_870541_1809211.webp

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-01-20 19:30:08

Threw together Shepherd's pie.

iu_873223_3416439.webp

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-01-29 18:33:17

iu_881761_5867179.pngMade way too much pasta today. Goulash with peppers and onions 🧅 breadstick on the side.

BBS Signature

iu_884326_5867179.pngiu_884327_5867179.png

art

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-02-01 17:48:05

At 2/1/23 10:05 AM, Kiwi wrote:
art

First time?

Using the machine.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-02-02 08:59:20

At 2/1/23 05:48 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 2/1/23 10:05 AM, Kiwi wrote:
art
First time?

Using the machine.

YES I LOVED IT

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-02-04 18:58:01

Made some shrimp scampi with oil & garlic linguine.

The shrimp turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself.

iu_887752_3416439.webp

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-02-06 21:22:26

Red beans & rice on a Monday night!

iu_889761_3416439.webp

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-02-06 22:26:27

I just made the most incredible grilled cheese sandwich.

Goat cheese

Balderson 4 yr cheddar

Fried shallots & mushrooms w/ Tony's & msg

Also ghee instead of butter

I tasted like French onion soup in grilled cheese sandwich form.

I need more.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-02-09 09:19:37

You guys ever watch videos for inspiration?

This guy's voice took forever to get over. BUT... he's got some pretty wicked experiments that he does with dry-aging steaks, and he made this compound butter with beef marrow and a cured egg yolk that I really want to try. He also did a dry-age experiment with MSG that got great reviews from the judging panel.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-02-09 10:18:45

At 2/9/23 09:19 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: You guys ever watch videos for inspiration?

This guy's voice took forever to get over. BUT... he's got some pretty wicked experiments that he does with dry-aging steaks, and he made this compound butter with beef marrow and a cured egg yolk that I really want to try. He also did a dry-age experiment with MSG that got great reviews from the judging panel.

I've done marrow butter and it's fantastic. One of the best ways to top a steak. Also cured egg yolk shavings are a great way to top anything since it looks cool and adds so much umami.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-02-13 22:53:11

iu_895819_5867179.pngShark coochie board

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-02-14 13:21:35

At 2/13/23 10:53 PM, Kiwi wrote: Shark coochie board

What is that meat up top. I'm salivating ova here!

iu_896331_3416439.gif

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-02-20 17:20:11

Switched out some herbs and spices from the Puerto Rican Arroz con Pollo I usually make and made some Creole chicken & rice. (Overcooked the chicken a touch)

iu_902299_3416439.webp

iu_904249_5867179.pngiu_904248_5867179.pngmy birthday cake

BBS Signature