00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JoJoshke just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters.

93,521 Views | 1,524 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-06-18 01:38:22

Homemade pizza:

iu_998563_9477648.webp

“I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.” - Jack Handey

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-07-02 17:17:45

Roast pork that I'm going to take to my Uncle's slicer for sammiches.

iu_1011870_3416439.webp

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-07-10 22:47:27

Made some super tasty burgers.

1/2 ground beef

1/2 ground pork

Panko

Cured egg yolk

Whole eggs

Bone marrow

Anchovy paste

MSG

Tony's

Garlic powder

Topped with fried onions and smoked chedder on a garlic cheese bun.

Tried doing it as a smash burger but it didn't flatten out as it should have, so they were maybe 1/2" thick. Still delicious though and would do again.

BBS Signature

Panko chicken tendies made from chicken tenderloin:

iu_1024037_3416439.webp

with garlic, rosemary and thyme roasted poh-tay-toes:

iu_1024041_3416439.webp

Lazy man's lo mein - bag of "Asian slaw" and Wegman's Stir Fry sauce(I was going to make the sauce, but I had been in the sun all day long, and got incredibly lazy)

iu_1024831_3416439.webp

With sesame shrimp!

iu_1024832_3416439.webp

That was yesterday, today I made some French onion dip

iu_1024845_3416439.webp

And some chicken noodle soup.(Don't know why I made this in summer, but it was still delicious)

iu_1024846_3416439.webp

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-07-16 21:39:59

Aight so I'm a dad still, so I fuck with meal prepping real good to keep my lil chop goin. I found this recipe for some protein bars for quick lunch packing during the week that's pretty good.

https://thebigmansworld.com/no-bake-peanut-butter-protein-bars-keto-sugar-free-vegan/#wprm-recipe-container-18305

I made em as written and the flavor was extra peanut butter-y, but pretty good woth hints of chocolate and coconut. I've since been fixin them up by spreading them in larger dishes with more honey, Nutella, pecans, etc. They've tasted good each time I've made em, anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-07-22 23:39:14

I enjoy cooking, but I've recently gotten into baking as well. I've tried looking around for a homemade cookie recipe that I could proudly make for myself and others, and after a couple of failed, bland attempts, I finally found a recipe on youtube that the whole family loves:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rEdl2Uetpvo&feature=share9

I did make a few adjustments (like using 1 tsp of salt instead of 2, using unsalted butter, using Starbucks espresso roast instead of espresso powder, and baking at 320 degrees F instead of 350), but they're delicious, and I'm really into em

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-07-26 13:35:04

Finally took some pictures of food. Lasagne with a Bolognese style meat sauce and bechamel, with parmagiano reggiano layered and on top.

Other than the insane amount of time it takes to make this particular meat sauce because I fry the everliving shit out of the beef and pork so every grain of mince has that lovely Maillard reaction that we all love, and the soffritto. I also add smoked paprika and msg, because the flavors are incredible.

iu_1033309_1809211.webpiu_1033310_1809211.webp

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-07-29 19:30:50

I make this focaccia bread often. It has thyme, rosemary and garlic on top (and a little inside). Please ignore the completely burnt garlics, you can’t taste them at all when you eat it so no burnt taste.

iu_1036105_17703774.png

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-08-03 09:24:00

At 7/29/23 07:30 PM, MondoBilby wrote: I make this focaccia bread often. It has thyme, rosemary and garlic on top (and a little inside). Please ignore the completely burnt garlics, you can’t taste them at all when you eat it so no burnt taste.

damn this looks good af

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-08-03 09:24:57

iu_1040882_5867179.png

bon appetitties

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-08-06 20:46:20

What is up party people. I'm high as shit but I been meal prepping breakfast burritos lately. They're good as fuck and braindead easy to do across two nights. So I thought I would share this with y'all while lil chop kicks my shit in before bed.

First, get you a chub of breakfast sausage. I fuck with the hot sausage, but regular is good too. I ain't a maple boy so use at your own risk. Right now, I got a loaf of sausage cookin in a pot right now. Cook up about half for a small batch or the whole thing and divide it evenly between two containers. The cooked sausage'll keep for a couple days if you wanna make tacos across multiple days. When you go to save it, drain some of the grease off but reserve it for the beans and hash browns.

Next up, I use some dehydrated hash browns I nab from Costco. I cook em according to the box directions, although you could use frozen too. I fry em in the sausage grease for a bit of extra cronch.

Meanwhile, I got some pinto beans mashed up with salt, pepper, cumin, and my boy sausage grease! Throw them babes over low to medium heat and give em a good mush and stir every so often and once they're at a good consistency, let em cool to room temp while your other shit cooks.

Now, eggies. I use about 24 eggs for a full loaf of sausage so to make it easy on myself, I drop 12 in a bowl with a generous dash of salt and pepper, a splash of milk. Split the cooked sausage into two portions and use half of the hash browns. Get your sausage and browns together in a pan over medium heat and drop your scrambled egg mixture in. Occasionally stir it until it's all cooked and crumbly.

So now, put your cooked egg mixture in a bowl and set it in the fridge for a bit to cool down some. Hopefully your beans are cool by now, otherwise, toss em in the fridge for a few.

Once your shit's all cool, go on and heat some big ass tortillas over a medium heat until they're all poofy and gettin lightly browned. Grate some cheese while you wait and once your tortillas are coming out good, spread some beans on the tortilla, followed by the egg mix, then a nice helping of cheese. Roll a big ol taco blunt and roll it in foil. Toss em in the freezer and boom, you got meal prep tacos. Reheat em for 2 minutes or so

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-08-09 08:59:21

iu_1046317_5867179.pngEnsalada bonita (dressing oN tHe SiDE)

BBS Signature

iu_1046409_586221.webp

Solid hangover meal from a while back. Three egg cheddar cheese and Valentina omelette, yogurt with berries. Large but weak coffee.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-08-13 13:49:55

iu_1049781_586221.webp

Steak and eggs on sourdough. Pan seared and brown-butter-basted AAA Alberta Beef Tenderloin. 2 eggs basted medium. Pan-toasted sourdough, to soak up all that basting fat. Drenched the toast in the meat drippings after I rested it in brown butter. Fresh ground pepper to garnish.

Went for a one hour bike ride this morning to burn off all that grease I'd just consumed. Did a massive hill-climb right off the get-go and boy was that a terrible idea. Took me about 40 minutes to catch my breath and for my lungs to stop burning.

This breakfast was much too rich, but I think I earned it.

Homemade fried rice:

iu_1050270_9477648.webp

“I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.” - Jack Handey

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-08-28 23:27:25

Made French onion soup for the first time, roughing Julia Child's recipe. Definitely didn't have enough onions, didn't caramelize them enough, and used chicken stock instead of beef because i didn't want to go out, and added mushrooms.

Is was bland, but still good enough that I ate the shit out of it for two days in a row. Definitely needed more salt too. The parmesan on top of sourdough toast helped on the second day.

I think next time will be absolutely delicious.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-09-18 00:14:41

With fall coming around, I've been in the mood to make pumpkin-related desserts. More specifically, I found this wonderful pumpkin bread recipe about a year ago. Didn't have a bread pan, so I made them into muffins instead. The first time, I didn't follow the instructions quite exactly, but they still came out amazingly, very soft and moist. Second time, idk wtf I did the second time around, but they came out a bit blander and not quite as moist on the outside. Very sad waste of ingredients. Tried again this year (yesterday) and followed instructions more closely this time around (even got to try out a bread pan), and it was great! Very similar to the first time I ever made it. Only thing I messed up on was trying to pop the bread out of the pan before letting it cool for 10 minutes which I'm pretty sure resulted in the bread kinda falling apart. But everyone absolutely loved eating the bits of bread regardless. Very stoked to make another loaf

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-09-19 22:28:28

iu_1081358_5867179.pngSpooky Szn spooky snacks 🧁

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-09-20 19:09:08

At 9/19/23 10:28 PM, Kiwi wrote: Spooky Szn spooky snacks 🧁

oooh my gawwddd. gimme gimme gimme!

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-09-25 17:16:57

A few days ago, a relative made some homemade chicken tenders for dinner. Very good stuff. But, when she got down to coating the last few tenders in egg and flour, I got curious and asked that, since we didn't have breadcrumbs, she tried using sesame seeds instead. And I'm so glad I suggested it, cuz they were delicious! Now, the picture isn't the highest quality, but I hope you can at least see what the end result was. The whole breading process was the same (egg, flour, etc), but you just replace breadcrumbs with the sesame seeds

iu_1086626_14625826.webp

And, if you're a fan of spice, she coated mine with this Korean hot sauce and spicy honey. Very delicious end result. I had also made another batch of pumpkin bread, so that night was wonderful.

iu_1086625_14625826.webp

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-10-16 15:59:48

No one's posted here in a bit, so I hope y'all don't mind if I respond here again. Since Halloween's just around the corner, I've really wanted to try this bad boy out:

https://eatthedead.com/brimstone-bread-black-and-red/

iu_1098499_14625826.jpg

Wish me luck, I've never made bread outside of pumpkin bread

by myself before

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-10-18 18:04:13

At 10/16/23 03:59 PM, JumboPumpkin wrote: No one's posted here in a bit, so I hope y'all don't mind if I respond here again. Since Halloween's just around the corner, I've really wanted to try this bad boy out:

by myself before

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-10-18 18:44:54

At 10/18/23 06:04 PM, Kiwi wrote:
At 10/16/23 03:59 PM, JumboPumpkin wrote: No one's posted here in a bit, so I hope y'all don't mind if I respond here again. Since Halloween's just around the corner, I've really wanted to try this bad boy out:

by myself before

Lmao, I tried it not too long after I posted that. It turned out way different, but the taste? Immaculate for a first time.iu_1099401_14625826.webp

"Wow, it...certainly looks different from the reference photos."

So, I've never baked bread that included yeast. I didn't realize that you could kill yeast with hot water. So I wasted the first two packs of yeast cuz of hot water. I ended up using the last of my yeast on my second attempt. That means I didn't have enough yeast to make the black part of the bread. I also didn't use enough food coloring, so the bread came out pink instead of red. I also nearly destroyed the electric mixer, cuz it was the closest thing I had to a stand mixer. A whole buncha mistakes happened, but in the end, they turned out quite tasty. I'm down to make some homemade bread again; I'm especially psyched to try out sourdough.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-10-19 09:10:40

At 10/18/23 06:44 PM, JumboPumpkin wrote:

by myself before
Lmao, I tried it not too long after I posted that. It turned out way different, but the taste? Immaculate for a first time.

So, I've never baked bread that included yeast. I didn't realize that you could kill yeast with hot water. So I wasted the first two packs of yeast cuz of hot water. I ended up using the last of my yeast on my second attempt. That means I didn't have enough yeast to make the black part of the bread. I also didn't use enough food coloring, so the bread came out pink instead of red. I also nearly destroyed the electric mixer, cuz it was the closest thing I had to a stand mixer. A whole buncha mistakes happened, but in the end, they turned out quite tasty. I'm down to make some homemade bread again; I'm especially psyched to try out sourdough.

That’s a tasty looking fleshlight 😂

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-10-19 09:33:14

At 10/19/23 09:10 AM, Kiwi wrote:
At 10/18/23 06:44 PM, JumboPumpkin wrote:

by myself before
Lmao, I tried it not too long after I posted that. It turned out way different, but the taste? Immaculate for a first time.

That’s a tasty looking fleshlight 😂

I swear that wasn't my intention 😭 I had cut into it to make sure the center wasn't underbaked. Thanks tho, I might try again when I get a proper stand mixer

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-10-20 02:27:11

I'm on a mission to find and eat whole a really good chocolate cake. Like the entire cake to myself.

The last time I made one it turned out really badly. It was too dense, didn't rise at all.

too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-10-21 22:27:00

iu_1101122_586221.webp

Rotini in a smoky ragu. Used Aleppo peppers for some heat and some Spanish smoked paprika for depth of flavour. This is rich as rich can be, perfectly balanced with balsamic vinegar and fresh-grated parm. The Sangiovese here paired insanely well, with it's own smoky notes and a good amount of acid / sugar / tannins to cut through the richness of the beef and olive oil. I spaced on picking up some fresh herbs for the evening so the plate looks a little bit like the picture you might see on a jar of pre-made pasta sauce.

Anywho... Buon appetito.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-10-23 09:27:44

At 10/21/23 10:27 PM, OlTrout wrote:
Rotini in a smoky ragu. Used Aleppo peppers for some heat and some Spanish smoked paprika for depth of flavour. This is rich as rich can be, perfectly balanced with balsamic vinegar and fresh-grated parm. The Sangiovese here paired insanely well, with it's own smoky notes and a good amount of acid / sugar / tannins to cut through the richness of the beef and olive oil. I spaced on picking up some fresh herbs for the evening so the plate looks a little bit like the picture you might see on a jar of pre-made pasta sauce.

Anywho... Buon appetito.

Brb coming over for date night and you’re serving me this

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2023-10-23 09:46:39

At 10/23/23 09:27 AM, Kiwi wrote:
At 10/21/23 10:27 PM, OlTrout wrote:

Anywho... Buon appetito.
Brb coming over for date night and you’re serving me this

I'll have my driver meet you at the airport. He always keeps the Phantom stocked with the finest Champagne.