00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2

32,330 Views | 234 Replies

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-05-13 22:03:02

At 2/28/12 01:42 PM, knugen wrote: ------------------------------------------------------------
--
tl;dr version
Old scripts are broken since the redesign so we are remaking the thread (old one is here).
Check this news post for a list of scripts!

cool!

Gather, control, build anywhere. Ensemble Online: pure MMORTS.

playensemble.com

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-05-20 12:34:05

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting for a bit, but I've been busy with work and sick lately.

I'm still working on a bunch of new scripts, but for the moment, I've whipped up a quick little tweak for Movies and Games.

Name: AutoReview
Description: Auto expands the review box on Movies and Games to mirror the Audio and Art Portals' functionality.
Verified for: Firefox 11.0+, Chrome
Install

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-06-10 23:23:34

Hey all, just a short post to let you know what's been going on with me.

I've gotten back to my second job which is summer-only, and this means I have less time to work on scripts. Though I intend to continue working on new scripts, I also plan on getting back into the swing of submitting Flash content to NG. Therefore, I'm going to go quiet for a bit and experiment with some new script ideas in my spare time.

I still really enjoy all the nice things you guys have to say, and the appreciation my work gets, so don't worry, I won't forget you all. Even though I won't be posting much, I'll be reading this thread every so often.

In my absence, I hope my scripts work as a tool to inspire a new generation of GM'ers to rise above and beyond the level of work I produce.

Regards,
Xaotik

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-07-02 17:38:03

Hi guys!

Sorry I haven't been updating the list of scripts but I rarely go to NG anymore :( So while I could make an update now I would probably just lag behind again. If anyone wants to pick up the task let me know!

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-07-31 00:44:57

Just wanted to bump this thread. Hope there's still some good scripts coming out. I'm especially interested in the progress of the Hush! script. There's some people I would certainly like to ignore. Thank you and good day.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-07-31 18:03:01

Hey guys, this is my first script in a while. Finished it in a hurry due to a request I received via PM. The finalized version of my Hush! Ignore List.

When you first install, your browser will be analyzed to see if HTML5 Storage is supported, which is a requirement of the script. If not, you will be alerted immediately. I put this new check in place to make sure everyone knows right away whether or not the script will work for them.

Underneath each post, you will see a red button which offers the option to ignore that user. Ignores are currently BBS only, but I hope to one day offer the option of ignoring reviews and threads as well. Unfortunately comments on news posts are not available for ignoring because of HTML5 Storage restrictions. (It has to do with userpages and BBS pages being considered two different domains of Newgrounds)

When a user has been ignored, there will be a small message explaining that the post was made by an ignored user. The next version of the script will have the ability to "View Anyway" and then re-hide the hidden content.

In the same message that explains the block, you will have the option to view your entire ignore list.

The ignore list can also be accessed from the account settings page.

One other feature I plan in the future is to force a double-check before ignoring a mod, because things they say may be important.

I also wish to clean up the interface a bit, but I think it looks OK for now.

Currently tested on Chrome and Firefox 12.0.

You can download the script here.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-07-31 20:19:25

At 7/31/12 07:31 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote:
At 7/31/12 06:03 PM, Xaotik wrote: Hey guys, this is my first script in a while. Finished it in a hurry due to a request I received via PM. The finalized version of my Hush! Ignore List.
It works good on Chrome. One suggestion though is like a box to type a username into and be able to ignore them that way.

I originally planned that as a feature but scrapped it later because I didn't think it would be all that useful since you can just block someone next time you read one of their posts.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-01 23:21:47

Hey guys, this is just an important message for all you Chrome users.

In the most recent version, v. 21.0.1180.57, Google has decided it would be a great idea to remove free will from the userscript process. You can't just one-click to install scripts now, instead they'll download and Chrome will tell you that scripts, extensions, and apps are only available from their Web Store.

If you're like me, and you say "piss off, Google", here's the new way to install scripts:

1. Click on the Wrench icon.
2. Click Tools > Extensions.

---> Alternatively, you can just Bookmark chrome://chrome/extensions/ for a one-click route there.

3. Now that you've got your Extensions page open, locate the file on your computer (it's most likely in your default Downloads folder) and Drag-and-Drop the file onto the Extensions page. You'll then be prompted to install it as usual.

I have no clue while Google has gone all a-la-Android on their desktop web browser, but I half feel like it's all to show off their fancy Drag-and-Drop Extensions page. I for one, as a developer hope they list these asinine restrictions to allow us to always install from domains we choose to, you know, exactly like we had before.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-07 17:38:33

Hey guys, Xaotik here and I'd like to let you all in on a project that I'm considering spending August/September on. I call it (for lack of a better name) The Big Upgrade or TBU for short.

Basically, I have spent a lot of time growing and learning since I began posting in the original GM scripts thread back in 2010. I have learned a lot about how to script properly, and how to streamline my scripts to be as fast as possible. The idea behind TBU is to be a refresh of my collective body of work, basically, an all-encompassing script that will include features from all of my scripts combined (even never before published scripts), and made to work together.

So the point of my posting is that I want to leave my door open, if you want any features added to the collective script, PM me, comment here, get in touch with me however you can, and I will work to get the feature added. Also, I may accept collaborators on this script at some point. That's all for now, expect updates on progress soon.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-08 11:37:19

Hey guys, just a progress update on the script. I've decided on a better name, I'm calling it Newgrounds+ now. I've currently rewritten and streamlined the features for Quote-&-Reply and Inline Poster, they now take up 240 lines of code together as opposed to the 410 they would take up in their old forms.

I've even managed to squeeze a few new features into the script as well, all within that 58% size reduction! More updates soon.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-08 12:33:18

At 8/8/12 12:14 PM, EJR wrote:
At 8/8/12 11:37 AM, Xaotik wrote: Hey guys, just a progress update on the script. I've decided on a better name, I'm calling it Newgrounds+ now. I've currently rewritten and streamlined the features for Quote-&-Reply and Inline Poster, they now take up 240 lines of code together as opposed to the 410 they would take up in their old forms.

I've even managed to squeeze a few new features into the script as well, all within that 58% size reduction! More updates soon.
Nice. i like the idea of a collective script. You planning on releasing updated versions of individual scripts like the Quote-&-Reply and Inline Poster, too?

Well, thats the point of doing a collective. I'm going to make this really nice settings screen that will have global settings for the script, so the idea is to uninstall all the old scripts, install this one script, and turn features on an off as one wants.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-09 09:44:42

I've taken over the NG Greasemonkey scripts list.
It can be found here.
I'll update it with new scripts as you guys make it, I just need to make sure it's 100% up to date.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-09 11:21:55

At 8/9/12 09:44 AM, LiquidFire wrote: I've taken over the NG Greasemonkey scripts list.

Thats awesome news, cant wait for your next list update, it'll give me a chance to test out another feature I'm planning for Newgrounds+.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-09 11:39:07

Nice job Mikey, welcome aboard the GM crew :)

I'm just using this test post atm for a new feature in NG+, Shift+Enter to post replies across NG. Also, what would you guys think of having a hotkey for Quoting and Responding as well? Like (Q) and (R).

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-09 12:00:12

At 8/9/12 11:53 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote:
At 8/9/12 11:39 AM, Xaotik wrote: Nice job Mikey, welcome aboard the GM crew :)

I'm just using this test post atm for a new feature in NG+, Shift+Enter to post replies across NG. Also, what would you guys think of having a hotkey for Quoting and Responding as well? Like (Q) and (R).
How would it work, at least for quoting? Like you click on a post to highlight then press q?

(R) would globally work for responding, (Q) would be whatever post the mouse is currently over.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-09 12:22:16

Just tried it out and it works great. Since this script is going to have a ton of user-configurable options, I decided to keep it in there.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-09 12:42:19

At 8/9/12 12:22 PM, Xaotik wrote: Just tried it out and it works great. Since this script is going to have a ton of user-configurable options, I decided to keep it in there.

That looks awesome. It's going to be great to use when I'm on a laptop, since I hate using those mouse track pad things laptops have.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-09 13:14:21

Ok, last sneak peek before I get back to fulltime work on this script. Since you guys liked the hotkeys idea, I now made it so N will open the New Thread page.

I also made this tweak in NG+ yesterday, the New Thread page now has a drop down that allows you to post in a different forum if you choose, so that way you can't be reading for example, Art, and post in it when you meant to post in General. Don't know how much use it'll get, but once again, it can be turned off, so I don't see the harm in putting it in the script.

Pic:

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-10 02:26:19

At 8/9/12 01:14 PM, Xaotik wrote: Ok, last sneak peek before I get back to fulltime work on this script. Since you guys liked the hotkeys idea, I now made it so N will open the New Thread page.

Are you going to let people try out the script before it's complete?

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-10 05:59:36

I updated the post. Let me know if you see anything I'm missing.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-10 08:49:41

At 8/10/12 02:26 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
Are you going to let people try out the script before it's complete?

Most likely at a later date because at the moment I have no system in place to mix old and new preferences saved on the user's computer, so every new feature I add requires me to clear the file manually, it's a process I wouldn't want to make anyone go through, especially if they weren't familiar with how to do so.

I would definitely like some feedback from the mod community and the NG regulars, since I don't have access to mod-only features, I want to make sure I didn't break anything, and regulars who use the site a lot probably have great suggestions for new features.

Like I said, I would love an eager crew of beta testers, but the script is still too young for that.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-10 09:22:18

At 8/10/12 08:49 AM, Xaotik wrote: Like I said, I would love an eager crew of beta testers, but the script is still too young for that.

I'm definitely interested in that.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-10 10:27:09

At 3/3/12 03:59 PM, Xaotik wrote:
So here is NosalgiaLevels 2.0

Chrome demands these to be in the Web Store now...

Would you please upload it there if you can?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-10 11:01:56

At 8/10/12 10:27 AM, Slint wrote:
At 3/3/12 03:59 PM, Xaotik wrote:
So here is NosalgiaLevels 2.0

or you could use this method

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-10 12:12:47

At 8/10/12 11:01 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 8/10/12 10:27 AM, Slint wrote:

or you could use this method

The method I wrote a tutorial on that Liquid linked to is actually really easy. I also greatly disapprove of Google doing this with Chrome, it really creates a lot more hassle for scripters like myself, that's why I won't ever make use of the Chrome Web Store as a protest for users being able to install things at will.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-13 02:17:14

Well, its official guys! Newgrounds+ has passed 1000 lines of code. Also, it got a bit messier than I expected, but still no errors showing up in Firefox or Chrome so I didn't mess up :)

I leave you guys with this, a pic of the work-in-progress preferences screen.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-13 16:27:06

Ok guys, at 1000 lines of code and counting, I'm looking forward to a beta release. I did find a few bugs, nothing that fatally impairs the use of the script, mostly just Firefox not playing nice with some UI styles. While I work bugs out and write some introductory documentation / possibly a bug reporter, I'd once again like to stress the desire for any and all suggestions, I like to know what the user base wants most!

Also, I normally like to let my body of work speak for itself, but since this project is so massive, if anyone knows someone who might like this script and isn't a regular here at the GM thread, I kindly ask that you spread the word.

Also all beta testers, or anyone who suggests/contributes a feature will appear in the credits on the About screen and the special thanks screen of the final script.

Thanks guys!

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-13 17:49:07

At 8/13/12 04:27 PM, Xaotik wrote: I like to know what the user base wants most!

Implementation of older scripts. Like quote and reply, quick bbs and bbs jump.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-13 18:49:42

Holy fuck, I really HAVEN'T visited this thread in a while. I unfortunately haven't actually made much of any progress with my programming abilities, so I can't really offer anything up as of now.

Also, Xaotik, good luck with your project.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-13 19:22:29

At 8/13/12 05:49 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 8/13/12 04:27 PM, Xaotik wrote: I like to know what the user base wants most!
Implementation of older scripts. Like quote and reply, quick bbs and bbs jump.

Quote & Reply and BBS Jump are already new and improved in the script, and Quick BBS is coming soon. Anything else you think would be helpful?