Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-29 15:46:21 Reply

Another new script guys!

Name: PM Signature
Description: Allows you to create a PM Signature which is attached to all messages you send using the Newgrounds PM system.
Verified For:Chrome 18.0+, Firefox 12.0+
Download

Below:
(top-left) - where to find signature settings
(top-right) - signature settings screen
(bottom) - sample signature in PM

Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-29 15:56:26 Reply

At 4/29/12 03:46 PM, Xaotik wrote: Another new script guys!

Description: Allows you to create a PM Signature which is attached to all messages you send using the Newgrounds PM system.

Well, that's pretty interesting. Not sure who'll use it often, but very neat. Now, if only PMs had image support, then it could really be used.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-04-29 18:13:23 Reply

At 4/29/12 03:46 PM, Xaotik wrote: Name: PM Signature

Creativity at its finest.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-05-11 16:05:47 Reply

Update: Fixed the Pico Day glitch on the Wallpaper Script. Should display custom wallpapers again.

Download

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-05-11 16:25:18 Reply

Also updated the inline poster, a few quick UI tweaks.

*** If you're using Quote 'n' Reply, please uninstall because it glitches when used with inline poster. ***

- Added the same shadow effect that NG Pods have to the Inline Poster window so it fits in better.
- Removed the blank space left by the Inline Poster.
- Made it so the text field can be vertically resized only (if your browser supports it), this allows you to stretch the text box as you please without disturbing the UI.

Download Here

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-05-11 17:39:03 Reply

At 4/29/12 03:46 PM, Xaotik wrote: Another new script guys!

Download

Below:
(top-left) - where to find signature settings
(top-right) - signature settings screen
(bottom) - sample signature in PM

Gonna use that. Well, I will if I can remember how to install it from that link. I suggest using this site instead of Google for your scripts, since all you have to do is click "install".

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-05-11 22:23:49 Reply

The only reason I use a proprietary method of delivering scripts rather than Userscripts.org is the fact thatI'm not quite fond of the way UScripts has their site set up, and server errors are fairly frequent there. I agree my way is not perfect, but I plan on fixing that in the near future.

My website (real .com address, not my Google site) is still under construction, and it will feature a place for those, like myself, who have an interest in scripting, to develop and publish scripts and other add-ons for easy download.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-05-13 19:01:38 Reply

[A copy of this post will be in the Wallpaper thread and GM Scripts Thread]

Hey guys, after some suggestions and comments from a user of my Wallpaper Script, I've decided to scrap the old script and start fresh with a cleaner, more streamlined interface.

Before I dive into remaking it, I'm going to wait a day and consider any and all suggestions to enhancements that can be made to the script.

Please post suggestions in either thread or PM them to me, I really want to go over the top with this rewrite because it's fairly uncommon for me to entirely rewrite a script from scratch.

Asandir
Asandir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-05-13 19:26:39 Reply

At 5/13/12 07:01 PM, Xaotik wrote: Please post suggestions in either thread or PM them to me, I really want to go over the top with this rewrite because it's fairly uncommon for me to entirely rewrite a script from scratch.

Well, I am not sure if it is possible to make it but here is my suggestion that I thought of:

I know that Newgrounds stores the old background images:
Example:
Background 1 for Gold pages
Background 2 for Gold pages

I can't find the ones for the others right know - their links are different. Anyhow, maybe it would be possible to add a drop-down menu where those "Official Newgrounds skins" can be selected - and other ones that are well made like the Classic Newgrounds one that EJR made. Would make it easier to switch quicky between different skins - and you could use your favourite official skin for every part of the site.
Although that would be something that I would like to see as official feature at some point.

Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
Asandir
Asandir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-05-13 19:58:57 Reply

Update with the other links:
Background for Blue pages
Background for Red Pages
Background for Green pages
Background for Pink pages
Background for Purple pages
Background for Grey pages

Apparently, those links don't work when they are used in your current script - so you would have to upload them somewhere and use the links to them in the script. Also, the backdrops for those skins are needed - atleast aslong as the Pico Day background is up for every Newgrounds page -.-
Right now the skins for the other pages apart from the Golden ones haven't be changed anyways but I guess that it would be still good to already implent them in the possible dropdown menu ( if that is even possible to make, of course).
I imagine a dropdown menu with those official ones and an option "custom link", where you can use a skin that is not officially supported by the script. When you select a skin, then it should automatically select the background and backdrop image that belongs to it.

Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
corndogs15000
corndogs15000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-05-13 22:03:02 Reply

At 2/28/12 01:42 PM, knugen wrote: ------------------------------------------------------------
--
tl;dr version
Old scripts are broken since the redesign so we are remaking the thread (old one is here).
Check this news post for a list of scripts!

cool!

Gather, control, build anywhere. Ensemble Online: pure MMORTS.

playensemble.com

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-05-20 12:34:05 Reply

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting for a bit, but I've been busy with work and sick lately.

I'm still working on a bunch of new scripts, but for the moment, I've whipped up a quick little tweak for Movies and Games.

Name: AutoReview
Description: Auto expands the review box on Movies and Games to mirror the Audio and Art Portals' functionality.
Verified for: Firefox 11.0+, Chrome
Install

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-06-10 23:23:34 Reply

Hey all, just a short post to let you know what's been going on with me.

I've gotten back to my second job which is summer-only, and this means I have less time to work on scripts. Though I intend to continue working on new scripts, I also plan on getting back into the swing of submitting Flash content to NG. Therefore, I'm going to go quiet for a bit and experiment with some new script ideas in my spare time.

I still really enjoy all the nice things you guys have to say, and the appreciation my work gets, so don't worry, I won't forget you all. Even though I won't be posting much, I'll be reading this thread every so often.

In my absence, I hope my scripts work as a tool to inspire a new generation of GM'ers to rise above and beyond the level of work I produce.

Regards,
Xaotik

knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-07-02 17:38:03 Reply

Hi guys!

Sorry I haven't been updating the list of scripts but I rarely go to NG anymore :( So while I could make an update now I would probably just lag behind again. If anyone wants to pick up the task let me know!

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-07-31 00:44:57 Reply

Just wanted to bump this thread. Hope there's still some good scripts coming out. I'm especially interested in the progress of the Hush! script. There's some people I would certainly like to ignore. Thank you and good day.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-07-31 18:03:01 Reply

Hey guys, this is my first script in a while. Finished it in a hurry due to a request I received via PM. The finalized version of my Hush! Ignore List.

When you first install, your browser will be analyzed to see if HTML5 Storage is supported, which is a requirement of the script. If not, you will be alerted immediately. I put this new check in place to make sure everyone knows right away whether or not the script will work for them.

Underneath each post, you will see a red button which offers the option to ignore that user. Ignores are currently BBS only, but I hope to one day offer the option of ignoring reviews and threads as well. Unfortunately comments on news posts are not available for ignoring because of HTML5 Storage restrictions. (It has to do with userpages and BBS pages being considered two different domains of Newgrounds)

When a user has been ignored, there will be a small message explaining that the post was made by an ignored user. The next version of the script will have the ability to "View Anyway" and then re-hide the hidden content.

In the same message that explains the block, you will have the option to view your entire ignore list.

The ignore list can also be accessed from the account settings page.

One other feature I plan in the future is to force a double-check before ignoring a mod, because things they say may be important.

I also wish to clean up the interface a bit, but I think it looks OK for now.

Currently tested on Chrome and Firefox 12.0.

You can download the script here.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-07-31 20:19:25 Reply

At 7/31/12 07:31 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote:
At 7/31/12 06:03 PM, Xaotik wrote: Hey guys, this is my first script in a while. Finished it in a hurry due to a request I received via PM. The finalized version of my Hush! Ignore List.
It works good on Chrome. One suggestion though is like a box to type a username into and be able to ignore them that way.

I originally planned that as a feature but scrapped it later because I didn't think it would be all that useful since you can just block someone next time you read one of their posts.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-01 23:21:47 Reply

Hey guys, this is just an important message for all you Chrome users.

In the most recent version, v. 21.0.1180.57, Google has decided it would be a great idea to remove free will from the userscript process. You can't just one-click to install scripts now, instead they'll download and Chrome will tell you that scripts, extensions, and apps are only available from their Web Store.

If you're like me, and you say "piss off, Google", here's the new way to install scripts:

1. Click on the Wrench icon.
2. Click Tools > Extensions.

---> Alternatively, you can just Bookmark chrome://chrome/extensions/ for a one-click route there.

3. Now that you've got your Extensions page open, locate the file on your computer (it's most likely in your default Downloads folder) and Drag-and-Drop the file onto the Extensions page. You'll then be prompted to install it as usual.

I have no clue while Google has gone all a-la-Android on their desktop web browser, but I half feel like it's all to show off their fancy Drag-and-Drop Extensions page. I for one, as a developer hope they list these asinine restrictions to allow us to always install from domains we choose to, you know, exactly like we had before.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-07 17:38:33 Reply

Hey guys, Xaotik here and I'd like to let you all in on a project that I'm considering spending August/September on. I call it (for lack of a better name) The Big Upgrade or TBU for short.

Basically, I have spent a lot of time growing and learning since I began posting in the original GM scripts thread back in 2010. I have learned a lot about how to script properly, and how to streamline my scripts to be as fast as possible. The idea behind TBU is to be a refresh of my collective body of work, basically, an all-encompassing script that will include features from all of my scripts combined (even never before published scripts), and made to work together.

So the point of my posting is that I want to leave my door open, if you want any features added to the collective script, PM me, comment here, get in touch with me however you can, and I will work to get the feature added. Also, I may accept collaborators on this script at some point. That's all for now, expect updates on progress soon.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-08 11:37:19 Reply

Hey guys, just a progress update on the script. I've decided on a better name, I'm calling it Newgrounds+ now. I've currently rewritten and streamlined the features for Quote-&-Reply and Inline Poster, they now take up 240 lines of code together as opposed to the 410 they would take up in their old forms.

I've even managed to squeeze a few new features into the script as well, all within that 58% size reduction! More updates soon.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-08 12:33:18 Reply

At 8/8/12 12:14 PM, EJR wrote:
At 8/8/12 11:37 AM, Xaotik wrote: Hey guys, just a progress update on the script. I've decided on a better name, I'm calling it Newgrounds+ now. I've currently rewritten and streamlined the features for Quote-&-Reply and Inline Poster, they now take up 240 lines of code together as opposed to the 410 they would take up in their old forms.

I've even managed to squeeze a few new features into the script as well, all within that 58% size reduction! More updates soon.
Nice. i like the idea of a collective script. You planning on releasing updated versions of individual scripts like the Quote-&-Reply and Inline Poster, too?

Well, thats the point of doing a collective. I'm going to make this really nice settings screen that will have global settings for the script, so the idea is to uninstall all the old scripts, install this one script, and turn features on an off as one wants.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-09 09:44:42 Reply

I've taken over the NG Greasemonkey scripts list.
It can be found here.
I'll update it with new scripts as you guys make it, I just need to make sure it's 100% up to date.

I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-09 11:21:55 Reply

At 8/9/12 09:44 AM, LiquidFire wrote: I've taken over the NG Greasemonkey scripts list.

Thats awesome news, cant wait for your next list update, it'll give me a chance to test out another feature I'm planning for Newgrounds+.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-09 11:39:07 Reply

Nice job Mikey, welcome aboard the GM crew :)

I'm just using this test post atm for a new feature in NG+, Shift+Enter to post replies across NG. Also, what would you guys think of having a hotkey for Quoting and Responding as well? Like (Q) and (R).

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-09 12:00:12 Reply

At 8/9/12 11:53 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote:
At 8/9/12 11:39 AM, Xaotik wrote: Nice job Mikey, welcome aboard the GM crew :)

I'm just using this test post atm for a new feature in NG+, Shift+Enter to post replies across NG. Also, what would you guys think of having a hotkey for Quoting and Responding as well? Like (Q) and (R).
How would it work, at least for quoting? Like you click on a post to highlight then press q?

(R) would globally work for responding, (Q) would be whatever post the mouse is currently over.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-09 12:22:16 Reply

Just tried it out and it works great. Since this script is going to have a ton of user-configurable options, I decided to keep it in there.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-09 12:42:19 Reply

At 8/9/12 12:22 PM, Xaotik wrote: Just tried it out and it works great. Since this script is going to have a ton of user-configurable options, I decided to keep it in there.

That looks awesome. It's going to be great to use when I'm on a laptop, since I hate using those mouse track pad things laptops have.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-09 13:14:21 Reply

Ok, last sneak peek before I get back to fulltime work on this script. Since you guys liked the hotkeys idea, I now made it so N will open the New Thread page.

I also made this tweak in NG+ yesterday, the New Thread page now has a drop down that allows you to post in a different forum if you choose, so that way you can't be reading for example, Art, and post in it when you meant to post in General. Don't know how much use it'll get, but once again, it can be turned off, so I don't see the harm in putting it in the script.

Pic:

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-10 02:26:19 Reply

At 8/9/12 01:14 PM, Xaotik wrote: Ok, last sneak peek before I get back to fulltime work on this script. Since you guys liked the hotkeys idea, I now made it so N will open the New Thread page.

Are you going to let people try out the script before it's complete?

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-08-10 05:59:36 Reply

I updated the post. Let me know if you see anything I'm missing.

BBS Signature