Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-04 23:52:52 Reply

At 9/4/12 02:10 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote:
At 9/4/12 12:02 PM, Xaotik wrote: Its still in very early testing stages, but basically it randomly selects an online mod and sends them info and a link to a post, this way any user can easily/quickly send mods info about rule-breakers.

I'm not totally sure how it is going to be implemented in its final stages, but it is something I'm thinking about.
Nice idea. It could cut down on backseat modding. Or you could troll everyone and just have it send to ultrabear.

No, this script and all its features are meant to enhance Newgrounds. Flooding one mod with automated PMs is not going to help accomplish that.

The current setup is to choose randomly from a list of all online mods and admins, and if none are online, it defaults to a random selection from all mods and admins. Some ideas I've been tossing around have included semi-random results favoring admins, having mods individually volunteer to be part of the system, etc.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-08 13:16:34 Reply

I'm putting out a call here for any moderators to beta some content for NG+ which is closely tied to the mod community. PM me for details. Some of you may have already been offered this opportunity via PM, so be sure to check there too!

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-08 13:23:37 Reply

At 9/8/12 01:16 PM, Xaotik wrote: I'm putting out a call here for any moderators to beta some content for NG+ which is closely tied to the mod community. PM me for details. Some of you may have already been offered this opportunity via PM, so be sure to check there too!

Are you looking for forum mods only? If not, audio mod at your service.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-08 13:26:44 Reply

At 9/8/12 01:23 PM, Step wrote: Are you looking for forum mods only? If not, audio mod at your service.

From what I understand the call was put out to a few active, trusted mods of varying status within the NG community. I am sure he would allow any mod to participate, but only sent out a few messages to get started with.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-08 16:57:40 Reply

The list of mods I started out with was entirely based off of suggestion, but any mod can get involved in this because we are doing some assessment of how the script will interact with the mod community.

Features such as the BBS Post Reporter are planned to be field tested by mods only at first, because it could get messy if regulars had full access to an open beta and did things like spammed reports. We expect that mods will be more responsible in using the system, that's why they've been asked to field test first.

Also Step, welcome aboard, I'll send you links when the pre-beta is ready.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-09 21:37:26 Reply

Here's another sneak peek of some features being worked on. Just waiting for the list of pre-beta testers to get finalized and I should have a demo ready to go!

Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-09 22:07:08 Reply

Thank you Xaotik, this ignore list is a godsend

Tentakill
Tentakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-09 22:10:35 Reply

At 9/9/12 10:07 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Thank you Xaotik, this ignore list is a godsend

Why the hell would you block Sectus and Tails?

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-09 22:12:15 Reply

At 9/9/12 10:07 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Thank you Xaotik, this ignore list is a godsend

Oh god... I've created a monster...

wreckr
wreckr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-09 22:15:20 Reply

At 9/9/12 09:37 PM, Xaotik wrote: Here's another sneak peek of some features being worked on. Just waiting for the list of pre-beta testers to get finalized and I should have a demo ready to go!

What exactly is this if you don't mind me asking? Does it tell you how many New PMs you have on your bookmarks?

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-09 22:21:20 Reply

At 9/9/12 10:15 PM, wreckr wrote:
At 9/9/12 09:37 PM, Xaotik wrote: Here's another sneak peek of some features being worked on. Just waiting for the list of pre-beta testers to get finalized and I should have a demo ready to go!
What exactly is this if you don't mind me asking? Does it tell you how many New PMs you have on your bookmarks?

Well, kind of. Since the script actually runs after the NG page is actually open, you need to have two NG pages or more open to see the changes reflected in the Bookmarks bar, but the favicon on the tab changes.

And yes, it shows up to 3 new PM's and then anything after becomes 3+. Eventually the count will include the number of new Notifications you have as well. Also, I'm planning to implement automatic fetching of new PM's/Notifications. So if you have NG open in another tab, for example, and you're busy browsing another site, you'll be able to peek up at the NG tab and see if anything new has been sent to you.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-14 16:55:11 Reply

Hello all, back with another update. I recently tested a lightweight implementation of an "Everything" search feature, capable of pulling up results from every search type on Newgrounds. It's fairly quick and loads only html, which is then properly rendered by the browser, so it should accomplish the goal of searching through all 5 search options with minimal use of bandwidth.

Now then, the following preview is 4MB because it is an 18000+ px tall screen shot of the multisearch. I apologize in advance if you've got a slow connection and can't easily download this.

4MB Preview

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-14 17:03:43 Reply

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, or even if it is in progress, but a script that allows you to search for a keyword, and if it is anywhere on the BBS, have it turn up would be interesting.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-14 17:08:23 Reply

At 9/14/12 04:55 PM, Xaotik wrote: 4MB Preview

Looks great, It'll be really useful.

I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-14 17:47:34 Reply

At 9/14/12 05:03 PM, Sectus wrote: I don't know if this has been mentioned before, or even if it is in progress, but a script that allows you to search for a keyword, and if it is anywhere on the BBS, have it turn up would be interesting.

This can't be done because of the way things are indexed. Newgrounds' servers only match titles, and it's nearly impossible to grab Google results without using their API. Use of the Google API would require me to be someone who actually runs NG, I'm not, so there's nothing I can do to increase the precision of the search.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-09-20 16:00:13 Reply

Any mod signed up to beta test, check your inbox, theres a surprise in there :D

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-10-22 15:30:46 Reply

Hey guys,

Another update because its been forever... I'm working on a huge list of features to drop into the NG+ beta sometime before the end of November. Been a bit busy with schoolwork as of late but I plan to keep up with updating NG+.

Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-10-22 15:50:17 Reply

At 10/22/12 03:30 PM, Xaotik wrote: Hey guys,

Another update because its been forever... I'm working on a huge list of features

TELL ME.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-10-22 17:42:05 Reply

At 10/22/12 03:50 PM, Slint wrote:
TELL ME.

College man... :(

Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-10-22 17:53:04 Reply

At 10/22/12 05:42 PM, Xaotik wrote:
At 10/22/12 03:50 PM, Slint wrote:
TELL ME.
College man... :(

I meant the features, but I'm close to know your pain brah.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-10-24 20:57:50 Reply

Sneak peek at one of the most powerful new features. I added a Dev console for on-the-fly changes to variables in NG+, that way beta testers with compatibility issues can address them without having to dig through pieces of Javascript and "hack" the script into working.

Pic:

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-10-24 20:59:24 Reply

Well... I messed up... forgot the pic...

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-10-25 19:48:32 Reply

At 10/24/12 08:57 PM, Xaotik wrote: Sneak peek at one of the most powerful new features. I added a Dev console for on-the-fly changes to variables in NG+, that way beta testers with compatibility issues can address them without having to dig through pieces of Javascript and "hack" the script into working.

Pic:

You are amazing, did you know that?

I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-10-26 15:44:46 Reply

At 10/25/12 07:48 PM, LiquidFire wrote: You are amazing, did you know that?

:D
I try my best.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-11-11 16:59:39 Reply

Just testing something for quotes.

At two weeks ago, Xaotik wrote:
D
I try my best.
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-11-22 16:31:08 Reply

Hey all, sorry to say it, but it's looking like the new features I had planned for launch in November will actually have to be pushed back to sometime during my winter break in December. Will post more updates as I complete features.

Tentakill
Tentakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-11-25 13:35:25 Reply

Is there possibly going to be a feature that let's you ignore the actual threads posted by certain people?

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-11-26 15:22:44 Reply

At 11/25/12 01:35 PM, Spretznaz wrote: Is there possibly going to be a feature that let's you ignore the actual threads posted by certain people?

I've been considering doing so. It's not like it would be difficult to script, yet I'm unsure about how many people actually want that option. I may add it to the newest beta and see what the feedback is like.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-11-27 21:56:09 Reply

At some time 1 day ago, Xaotik wrote: Just testing more stuff for inline poster updates.

Hey guys, back again testing some features for NG+

Working on allowing multiple quotes in a post without having to copy/paste.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-11-28 02:25:26 Reply

Well, I definitely stayed up way too late working on this, but I want to announce that I now have an almost 100% working replica of the NG system. Now pressing the quote button when already posting will drop the quote right into the textbox. :)

Later today I'll try sorting out some minor bugs, like random colons appearing on empty lines of text.