00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2

32,326 Views | 234 Replies

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-12 15:26:11

Quick update, not really a huge deal, but I made it so the "Unchecked Events" notifier now displays a combination of Friend Requests and PMs.

More on that soon..

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-12 17:04:16

Here's a draft of another little quick feature I'm working on. It condenses the quick links bar to just the social elements, for those who wish to use the site as more of a social experience.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-12 19:01:37

Finished! Here is what NG+ now offers for users who prefer a more clean, social-oriented layout:

By the way, the "Add" button is for the unfinished Account Switcher :)

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-16 01:34:26

I'm particularly proud of how well this feature came out looking. It's a set of four features to streamline those quicklinks.

Top Left: Friends preview. Yes, the Deny and Approve buttons are functional. Friends link goes to NG Social.
Top Right: Just a restyle of the Event Feed, made it match the other quicklinks and gave it that classic NG dark coloring.
Bottom Right: Showed this off already, but just showing how it looks along with the others, its all the non-social links condensed into a menu.
Bottom Left: Private Messages preview, Inbox and Compose buttons readily available, plus titles for messages. Thinking of adding a Key to the bottom to tell what each colored dot means, but they're identical to the inbox page.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-16 15:56:05

Just another test post. Experimenting with an improvement I thought up for the inline poster.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-22 20:00:38

Another features test, please disregard.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-22 20:02:17

At 12/22/12 08:00 PM, Xaotik wrote: Another features test, please disregard.

Please stop giving people false hope.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-22 20:03:23

I'm not. I'm working on a way to make the inline poster changes reflect without reloading the page, so I need to do test posts for that.

Basically if I can get this working, it will be possible to inline post on the BBS without ever refreshing the page.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-22 20:27:14

Ok, it seems like everything is working on my end. I've added that feature to the inline poster, so it now posts without ever leaving the page.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-22 20:31:52

Ok, it almost works 100%. Just need to sort out a glitch with the link watcher disappearing.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-22 20:47:56

Alright, heres one final test post for this feature. If all goes well, NG+ has seamless inline posting.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-22 20:58:24

At 12/22/12 08:47 PM, Xaotik wrote: Alright, heres one final test post for this feature. If all goes well, NG+ has seamless inline posting.

I meant false hope as in "new post by Xaotix, must mean new script" and then it's a test post.

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-22 21:00:25

At 12/22/12 08:58 PM, Slint wrote:
At 12/22/12 08:47 PM, Xaotik wrote: Alright, heres one final test post for this feature. If all goes well, NG+ has seamless inline posting.
I meant false hope as in "new post by Xaotix, must mean new script" and then it's a test post.

Sorry :(

Tbh its been a long time since I posted anything not relating to NG+. When I actually do get around to releasing NG+ though, I think it'll be worth the wait.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-22 21:03:36

At 12/22/12 09:00 PM, Xaotik wrote:
Sorry :(

Tbh its been a long time since I posted anything not relating to NG+. When I actually do get around to releasing NG+ though, I think it'll be worth the wait.

I'm just kidding, you've been doing a stellar work so far, I'm sure it'll turn out great.

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-12-25 20:25:19

Hey guys, I'd like to show something I've been spending quite a bit of time working on. It's an all new way of displaying the Settings for NG+. I'm moving towards a new system where there will be no need for a dummy URL for the NG+ settings, and they can be edited from a Modal window on any NG page.

This new color scheme is also going to include major changes to the organization of settings, which I always felt was a bit lacking and messy. It's going to take quite a bit of work to rewrite the system I have in place now, but I feel like it will be more than worth it. Once I perfect the way users can actually modify features, it opens a whole new window of possibilities.

Until now, the only settings available have been Booleans (ON or OFF), and a single Array (List), being the Ignore List, which had proprietary code to render and control it.

I'm moving the settings "engine" to a more Object-Oriented system, where the different Settings can be made more customizable. The eventual hope is that one day NG+ will be able to support "scriptlets", meaning user-made modules that run in conjunction with the basic NG+, and that they can have their settings dropped right into NG+'s.

All of that is a long way down the road, but for now, I leave you with this screencap, comparing the two interfaces. Oh, and FYI, the coloring of the new one changes based on which page it's opened on, so opening on a Games page will make it blue, Movies red, etc.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2013-01-13 18:14:30

Hello all,

I have a serious question to ask of you guys, and I would really appreciate feedback on it. At the time of writing this, Newgrounds+ has reached a staggering 2,795 lines of code. Over the past 6, almost 7 years, I have been programming/designing/developing all off of self-taught knowledge. When I look at the monolith NG+ has become, I'm both proud of the hard work I've put into it, and disappointed because I believe I can do better. Right now, the features I'm capable of creating have almost all been exhausted, and I need to branch out further than a simple userscript if I want to make NG+ operate at it's fullest potential.

Here is the crossroads I have arrived at, either continue to develop NG+ as a userscript, and deal with the inherent limitations of that distribution method, or hold development right now, and release the current script as a public beta. My intent if I release the current NG+ as a public beta is to get feedback on it from the community, while I work on a fully optimized, rewritten version that will be packaged as a native extension for distribution on Chrome and Firefox, possibly Safari and Opera as well.

As I said, I'd appreciate if you all could give me an opinion on this.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2013-01-27 21:14:47

Glad to see this thread is still (kinda) going on! Mad props to you Xaotik for all the work you seem to continuously pump into your script-making! :)

As for NG+ it's hard to say with my limited knowledge of it, but just going by your last post I would say releasing it in some way would probably be beneficial as long as it's "stable enough". That way you can get some quality feedback: good feedback can give you energy and motivation which I reckon can be needed, and although it's never fun finding bugs in your stuff it's always good to find them as early as possible. Just make it very clear of the state it's in at release, and maybe even call it alpha if you deem it appropriate.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2013-02-01 03:28:40

At 1/13/13 06:14 PM, Xaotik wrote: As I said, I'd appreciate if you all could give me an opinion on this.

I think a public beta would be the way to go.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2013-02-03 18:13:47

Well guys, I took your advice on the public beta. It's LIVE NOW!

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1331750

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2013-02-04 12:23:14

I can't seem to get the Newgrounds Walls script to work. Anyone else having this problem?

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2013-02-04 13:47:27

At 2/4/13 01:45 PM, Ma1achi wrote:
At 2/4/13 12:23 PM, LiquidFire wrote: I can't seem to get the Newgrounds Walls script to work. Anyone else having this problem?
Make sure the links are ending in .jpg.

It's not that, the options wont show up at all under my settings. I've tried rockmelt and chrome. None of them work.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2013-02-04 13:50:18

Using it right now, pretty sweet.

BBS Signature

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2013-02-19 10:39:05

The wallpaper glitch may be due to Newgrounds adding a "supporter" class on to the document body for Supporter accounts. I'm trying to juggle a bunch of projects at the moment, and I have midterms coming up soon, but I'll probably just end up rewriting the script ASAP.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2013-05-31 18:04:23

Hey, weird question. If Tom does decide to keep the forums gray like this, would it be possible for there to be a script that makes the forums the old orange color they've been for the past year? Same goes for the games section, only they would be their old blue color.

Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2013-07-31 11:44:36

Just a heads up.
Newgrounds changed the voting system, so now you have to start movies/games before the vote bar is enabled.
Which means this script no longer works. When I use it the movie won't start when I click on it
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1150914/21#bbspost237434 64_post_text

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature