New Topic Respond to this Topic
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-03 22:45:45 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Tateos wrote: Daww, the easy bar doesn't work for me.

What browser are you using, and what OS? I'm actually scripting atm, so if you tell me, I can try to find a fix since I have my web console enabled.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-03 23:19:55 Reply

Testing just one more part of a script, sorry for all these random posts guys...

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-03 23:40:48 Reply

Ok, well, EJR, I could make that script, but it would not work on User Pages. The reason for this is that HTML5 Storage (which I use because it PWNS cookies) is a bit picky about domains. The thing is cookies could solve this but here's a little comparison:

Cookies:
- Maximum of 4KB per domain (Not a whole lot)
- Maximum of 20 cookies per domain (NG uses about 8-10 for site features and ads)
- Need to use a function to parse out a little piece of the document.cookie string just to get your cookie

HTML5 Local Storage:
- Maximum of 5MB minimum per domain, some browsers allow up to 20MB, so a minimum of 1250 times the data
- Easy read/write/delete with built in JavaScript functions
- No restriction on the number of pieces of data
- Only downfall is www.newgrounds.com can't communicate to <username>.newgrounds.com

Also, I'm posting so hastily to test my quick and dirty inline poster. It's working well, just hammering out a few bugs. And yes, for those interested, I am calling the script "Inline Poster Ghetto Version"

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 00:45:25 Reply

is it possible to write a script that lets you bookmark certain bbs threads? i'd love to come back to this from time to time, but im afraid im gonna forget, and to be able to bookmark this thread would be awesome. Probably not, just wishful thinking, but all the same

Tateos
Tateos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 02:16:23 Reply

At 3 hours ago, Xaotik wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Tateos wrote: Daww, the easy bar doesn't work for me.
What browser are you using, and what OS? I'm actually scripting atm, so if you tell me, I can try to find a fix since I have my web console enabled.

Mozilla Firefox 10.0.2, and my comp runs on Windows 7.

thuh-ohm-ass

BBS Signature
EtchASketchClock
EtchASketchClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 02:20:06 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Lionel738 wrote: is it possible to write a script that lets you bookmark certain bbs threads? i'd love to come back to this from time to time, but im afraid im gonna forget, and to be able to bookmark this thread would be awesome. Probably not, just wishful thinking, but all the same

Ctrl+D

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 10:00:57 Reply

You can display text at certain time's

var d = new Date();
var time = d.getHours();

if (time < 10)
{
document.write("Good morning");

If it is less then ten in the morning, then it will display ''Good morning!'' I think this would be nice as greeting text.

And you can also make popups , so I was thinking if we can integrate both.

<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
function show_alert()
{
alert("I am an alert box!");
}
</script>
</head>
<body>

<input type="button" onclick="show_alert()" value="Show alert box" />

</body>
</html>

If I can work out how to make them both function together then it will possibly make a popup if morning saying ''Good morning!'' it would be quite simple.

I will play around and see if I can work it out , I am a script kiddie :3

original I am.

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 10:54:12 Reply

At 52 minutes ago, mandog15 wrote: I am a script kiddie :3

"A script kiddie or skiddie, is a derogatory term used to describe those who use scripts or programs developed by others to attack computer systems and networks and deface websites."

Hmm...

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 11:21:10 Reply

At 26 minutes ago, Gimmick wrote:
"A script kiddie or skiddie, is a derogatory term used to describe those who use scripts or programs developed by others to attack computer systems and networks and deface websites."

Hmm...

I think he meant that he's kind of a noob, but he didn't want to call himself a noob. No offense mandog, we've all got to start somewhere...

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 11:22:31 Reply

At 27 minutes ago, Gimmick wrote:

Hmm...

I think this script ain't gonna just pop alert messages in my screen.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 11:35:42 Reply

At 11 minutes ago, tonypar16 wrote:
At 27 minutes ago, Gimmick wrote:

Hmm...
I think this script ain't gonna just pop alert messages in my screen.

That's the beauty of userscripts though, you can read the source before using them. What he posted above is completely harmless but annoying at the same time...

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 11:46:29 Reply

At 8 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: That's the beauty of userscripts though, you can read the source before using them. What he posted above is completely harmless but annoying at the same time...

I know Javascript.Also I know that this is one of the most usual examples in JS tutorial sites.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 11:49:38 Reply

At 32 seconds ago, tonypar16 wrote:
At 8 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: That's the beauty of userscripts though, you can read the source before using them. What he posted above is completely harmless but annoying at the same time...
I know Javascript.Also I know that this is one of the most usual examples in JS tutorial sites.

I know Javascript too, and he's got to start somewhere. I don't see what all the hostility towards him is, that's what I'm saying. Big deal, he wants to make some little greeter script, if he publishes it and nobody wants to use it, it won't get used. I don't see what the big loss is here..

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 11:54:35 Reply

At 2 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote:
At 32 seconds ago, tonypar16 wrote:
I know Javascript too, and he's got to start somewhere. I don't see what all the hostility towards him is, that's what I'm saying. Big deal, he wants to make some little greeter script, if he publishes it and nobody wants to use it, it won't get used. I don't see what the big loss is here..

I know you know javascript(thanks for the scripts btw).I don't mean to be mean,I just say if he wants to make some scripts he can make something original.

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 12:19:06 Reply

At 22 minutes ago, tonypar16 wrote:
I know you know javascript(thanks for the scripts btw).I don't mean to be mean,I just say if he wants to make some scripts he can make something original.

You guys took me seriously? I laugh at your failure HAHAHAHA

Good luck next time!

original I am.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 15:36:23 Reply

Ok then, new script guys!

I managed to remake the Inline Poster using my ghetto iframe idea, and it looks great on my end!

Name:Inline Poster (Ghetto Version)
Description:Post in the BBS without ever leaving the page! This is the ghetto version though, I hope to make one that's less "quick and dirty", but this works wonders as is.
Browser Compatibility: Chrome, Firefox 10.0.2+
OS Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.6.8+, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit SP1+

Notes: You really shouldn't need the Post Preview script I wrote alongside this script, since you can read the entirety of the page you were reading while you post, but if you do need it, I've added in features to detect whether or not you're using this Inline Poster. I can't guarantee flawless performance between the two scripts though, so I highly recommend you disable or uninstall the Post Preview to use the Inline Poster. Still, if you'd like to use the Inline Poster, I'll add a download link for the newest version.

[TL:DR Notes]: Post preview is probably broken when used with Inline Poster. Tried to fix it up, can't guarantee fixes work.

Downloads:

Inline Poster (Ghetto Version)
(Semi)Fixed Post Preview

Pic of Inline Poster:

Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 15:38:51 Reply

The inline posting script seems to run very well, and work flawlessly, very good job you've done with it!

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 15:41:21 Reply

At 4 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: Ok then, new script guys!

This man deserves a medal. Somebody give him a medal.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 15:45:24 Reply

At 4 minutes ago, Sectus wrote: The inline posting script seems to run very well, and work flawlessly, very good job you've done with it!
At 2 minutes ago, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 4 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: Ok then, new script guys!
This man deserves a medal. Somebody give him a medal.

Thanks guys! It's the appreciation I get that makes scripting so enjoyable for me.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 15:54:17 Reply

At 4 minutes ago, EJR wrote: The inline poster is great. Kind of loads a little slowly for me but it's not too bad. Nice job Xeotik.

The reason for that is pretty simple, the poster is really just an inline frame that loads a copy of the reply page underneath the last post.

It loads in the same time going to the page directly would. In fact, if you want to see the way it works, heres what happens if you go to "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/post/quote/23797406"

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 16:02:27 Reply

At 1 minute ago, Xaotik wrote: Thanks guys! It's the appreciation I get that makes scripting so enjoyable for me.

You deserve all the appreciation you can get!

Just a few quirks - when the post is posted, the page seems to load quite a few times for some reason, making it a tad bit slow. Also, there's a weird gap under the inline poster for some odd reason (I'm on Chrome 17 and Windows 7 x64).

Lastly, when you have the inline poster open and you refresh in a new tab, the inline poster remains open in the new refreshed page and the page scrolls down to the very bottom each time. I don't know if that's fixable though.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 16:20:56 Reply

At 16 minutes ago, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Xaotik wrote: Thanks guys! It's the appreciation I get that makes scripting so enjoyable for me.
You deserve all the appreciation you can get!

Just a few quirks - when the post is posted, the page seems to load quite a few times for some reason, making it a tad bit slow. Also, there's a weird gap under the inline poster for some odd reason (I'm on Chrome 17 and Windows 7 x64).

Lastly, when you have the inline poster open and you refresh in a new tab, the inline poster remains open in the new refreshed page and the page scrolls down to the very bottom each time. I don't know if that's fixable though.

It loads like that because the script finds the location of your post and points the browser to it. The refresh is necessary for your post to show up.

The gap is there so if you upload an image, the post button doesn't disappear.

The scrolling thing upon refresh is a behavior some browsers exhibit, quite honestly, I don't know how to fix that.

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 18:41:10 Reply

I like your Scripts, Xiaotik, I'm using your preview one and separate reply buttons scripts as is, I think I'll use your "ghetto" inliner post scripts too. Thanks.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 18:46:20 Reply

At 3 minutes ago, HollowedPumkinz wrote: I like your Scripts, Xiaotik, I'm using your preview one and separate reply buttons scripts as is, I think I'll use your "ghetto" inliner post scripts too. Thanks.

Cool. Just make sure to read the notes about it. It tends to work a little unexpectedly with the Post Preview so I recommend removing or upgrading to the version I linked to. If you go the upgrade route, make sure you do so (after) you've installed the Inline Poster.

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 18:46:49 Reply

Just testing the Inliner post. Works great! Good job, also, sorry about fucking up your name. It's Xaotik. I'll take note from now on.

It's pronounced like "Zow-tik", right?

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 19:18:40 Reply

At 28 minutes ago, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Just testing the Inliner post. Works great! Good job, also, sorry about fucking up your name. It's Xaotik. I'll take note from now on.
It's pronounced like "Zow-tik", right?

I intended for it to be "Zay-Ah-Tick" but pronunciations are no big deal.

I guess since I posted, I'll put a preview of a new script I'm working on.

It's called Hush!, and it will basically be a highly-featured ignore list for the BBS.

Pic:

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 20:06:45 Reply

At 26 minutes ago, EJR wrote: Bug reports~

Easybar kind of messes up the look of large pieces of art in the art portal. It brings them down to the bottom right corner for some reason and I can't ever view the entire picture if it's large.

Eagle Eye still doesn't work on Chrome or Firefox :-(((((((

K. Fixed EasyBar, I tried to make it move the art on mouse over so the bar wouldn't cover it up. Now I've changed it so it shifts down below the bar.

EagleEye is something I'm working on. I just tried the 0.6.0 beta and Firefox seems to be terribly allergic to it, Chrome, however, seems to deal with it just fine on my end.

Here is the Fixed EasyBar
Here's EasyBar Lite (For slower computers)

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-04 20:44:58 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Xaotik wrote: It's called Hush!, and it will basically be a highly-featured ignore list for the BBS.

I can use this very well for some specific users.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Snake-Arsenic
Snake-Arsenic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-05 16:32:35 Reply

Newgrounds News Section: Restores the News section on user pages. It also "completes" the news page when there is no news by adding a panel and a footer to the page.

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Greasemonkey Scripts For Ng V2 2012-03-05 16:56:27 Reply

At 22 minutes ago, Snake-Arsenic wrote: Newgrounds News Section: Restores the News section on user pages. It also "completes" the news page when there is no news by adding a panel and a footer to the page.

Oh thank you I was really looking for this in the userpages.

BBS Signature