00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Cd 2011 Project Results!

88,996 Views | 620 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 14:49:07

Echo - The Everglades - Orchestral

Fixed ;)

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 15:50:29

I'm sad now.

life can be real fuckin crazy

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 15:53:11

At 11/16/11 03:50 PM, Kogey wrote: I'm sad now.

I guess I should have known this anyways, I knew my music skill still wasn't up to par with most artists on this website as I'm still learning. Oh well, shit happens right? Congrats to everyone.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 16:10:55

Thanks for being a good sport! And no your music skill is not shit. I liked what you were going for in your submission. Tru extending the track and expanding upon it. :)

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 16:16:31

At 11/16/11 04:10 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Thanks for being a good sport! And no your music skill is not shit. I liked what you were going for in your submission. Tru extending the track and expanding upon it. :)

I just wish I found out myself without SpaceWhale having to tell me on skype :U

[3:46:13 PM] The Freq: oh god.
[3:46:17 PM] The Freq: kogey.
[3:46:20 PM] The Freq: did you read the thread?
[3:48:22 PM] The Freq: i still think your song is good c:
[3:48:50 PM] Kogey: what
[3:48:58 PM] The Freq: well
[3:48:59 PM] The Freq: uhm
[3:49:08 PM] The Freq: ugh i wish i hadn't brought this up sorry
[3:49:20 PM] The Freq: well, what happened was
[3:49:24 PM] The Freq: there was a typo
[3:49:30 PM] The Freq: and fatkidwithajetpak

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 17:03:08

As a side note, are we still getting the judge's comments via mail? FKWAJP did a great job with feedback on all of the ones, but moar feedback never hurts.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 17:10:24

At 11/16/11 05:03 PM, samulis wrote: As a side note, are we still getting the judge's comments via mail? FKWAJP did a great job with feedback on all of the ones, but moar feedback never hurts.

If you would like extra feedback, ask some people you know here on Newgrounds, or ask Pixelested, one of the other judges.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 18:09:02

At 11/16/11 05:10 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: If you would like extra feedback, ask some people you know here on Newgrounds, or ask Pixelested, one of the other judges.

I wasn't a judge or anything, obviously, but I would be happy to give anyone who asked some feedback. ...excuse the error in sentence structure there, I'm on my phone, and for some reason editing is a bitch on ng, so I'm not going to fix it. ANYWAYS YOU GET THE POINT.

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-16 23:52:54

At 11/16/11 04:15 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Xyresic - Into the Deepest Azure - Drone

:(

Can't we keep it to the shortened "Azure"? I woke up the next morning after submitting that title and thought "Oh god... what have I done?"

bork bork bork

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-17 00:48:05

I got in, yay! One thing, please put my artist name as 'OxKing' not 'KieranNG.' KieranNG is just my username.

Very excited for the release :)

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-17 02:38:44

woah i'm the only dubstep track on the album. that is pretty damn cool :D. title and artist and everything is right :)

http://soundcloud.com/timarbury PM me here or there if you want to use anything. thanks

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-17 06:09:13

But wait, hmm... wasn't the judging meant to be based on a score of 100?
And what about Quality, Fit, Originality etc?
Not to be annoying here, I know judges have done a nice work reviewing, but I would like some detail.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-17 10:56:13

At 11/17/11 06:09 AM, adsubzero wrote: But wait, hmm... wasn't the judging meant to be based on a score of 100?
Not to be annoying here, I know judges have done a nice work reviewing, but I would like some detail.

There was no exact judging criteria. The judges simply picked their top 40 choices based on originality, style, etc. There was no scoring system. The judges simply communicated with eachother about which entries were the best of tre best after listening to all of them thoroughly. Redt assured, everything was fair.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-17 11:51:31

At 11/17/11 10:56 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 11/17/11 06:09 AM, adsubzero wrote: But wait, hmm... wasn't the judging meant to be based on a score of 100?
There was no exact judging criteria. The judges simply picked their top 40 choices based on originality, style, etc. There was no scoring system. The judges simply communicated with eachother about which entries were the best of tre best after listening to all of them thoroughly. Redt assured, everything was fair.

Ok, that's fine with me. :P
Just don't forget to change my artist name, I see others have also talked about some changes that need to be done.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-17 14:54:09

With regards to the NGO to donate the funds to, I think ThermalLaser is right with the National Association for Music Education. Anything we can do to bring up and equip a new generation of creative and able musicians and composers is worth more than some of the other stuff I can think of... Either that or we can split it between two or three (though probably no more than that) different NGOs.

Speaking of advertising this, should someone make up banner ads? Should we get together some sort of web-page about it with a formal "sales pitch" or something?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-18 08:35:33

At 11/17/11 02:54 PM, samulis wrote: Speaking of advertising this, should someone make up banner ads? Should we get together some sort of web-page about it with a formal "sales pitch" or something?

I think it would be cool if we make the banners based on the cover artwork for the 4 CDs, but since we still haven't got the needed art... you know, that would make it secondary. Thanks for pointing that out though, banners would be great to have, for all sizes.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-19 01:53:32

Having NGCDC forum sigs, or even just an NGCDC logo or something to put in your sig might go a bit of a distance, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-22 04:40:28

Do we have a rough idea as to when the CDs will be available?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-22 20:49:24

At 11/22/11 04:40 AM, Subliminalvids wrote: Do we have a rough idea as to when the CDs will be available?

Hopefully by Christmas!!

***Sorry i have been busy the past couple of days guys. I have been working at Apple and the store is BUSSSSSSYYYY with holidays coming up***

I got an artist to do our Album Art!!! :D

I am mixing the music meow!

I need to get someone to master... MrMilkCarton is a good bet but he's busy. I'll PM him.

I can't decide which charity we should do this for... I've been considering the whole charity for some sort of musical related thing... but thats more of a charity for creativity and not for dying people, lol.

Anyone else have a T-shirt design idea?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-22 20:51:11

Also, should we move all of this into one album with multiple CDs since we don't have that wide of a variety? *most of them are DnB, House, and Elektro*.

I think the singular album would interest many people and it would be MUCH easier to organize for both Tom and our group! :)

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-22 20:52:56

At 11/22/11 04:40 AM, Subliminalvids wrote:
Do we have a rough idea as to when the CDs will be available?

Hopefully by Christmas!!

Sorry i have been busy the past couple of days guys. I have been working at Apple and the store is BUSSSSSSYYYY with holidays coming up. Anyway, here are a few updates:

I got an artist to do our Album Art!!! :D

I am mixing the music meow!

I need to get someone to master... MrMilkCarton is a good bet but he's probably busy. I'll PM him.

I can't decide which charity we should do this for... I've been considering the whole charity for some sort of musical related thing... but thats more of a charity for creativity and not for dying people, lol.

Anyone else have a T-shirt design idea? If not I think we should start a vote :P

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-23 00:08:45

At 11/22/11 08:52 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
Anyone else have a T-shirt design idea? If not I think we should start a vote :P

Lol i could through something up...together, so that there are more than 2 choices lol

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-23 00:11:03

At 11/22/11 08:51 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Also, should we move all of this into one album with multiple CDs since we don't have that wide of a variety? *most of them are DnB, House, and Elektro*.

I think the pros and cons are the same for both.

The way we have it now may mean more work for Mr Fulp, but it also means people can choose genres they are most interested in. It does also mean there are only a few tracks per album.

If we condense it into one album it may mean less work, and a simpler way to present and sell it. However, it also means that it might of less value to people who are only interested in a particular genre. Buying a multi-CD album is kind of pointless if you're only going to listen to one CD. It would probably also require a higher price.

bork bork bork

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-23 00:35:23

At 11/23/11 12:11 AM, Xyresic wrote: It would probably also require a higher price.

True, but we never lowered the price when we cut the the number of songs on each CD. It shouldn't be raised by much, though. As long as we charge less than $20 we should be fine. People tend to be pretty free with their money when it comes to stuff under twenty bucks.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--

Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-23 20:27:42

We could also do this:

Sell each album separately for a minimum donation of, for example, $8.

Then also offer the full pack of 3 albums for a minimum donation of something like $20. (Less than if you paid for each separately)

Yes, I said "minimum donation" - give people the option to donate as much as they like, since I'm sure some people would be more than happy to pay significantly more for the albums because they're for charity.

Simple. Sure, there'd be the hassle of setting up the minimum donation thing on the website, but I don't see Tom disliking the idea so much as to simply dismiss it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-24 07:01:06

At 11/23/11 08:27 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: good plan

I rather like this idea, considering the profits are going to charity. Allow people to pay what they want, if they pay above a certain amount they have the choice of getting all the albums together.

bork bork bork

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-24 17:20:15

At 11/24/11 07:01 AM, Xyresic wrote:
At 11/23/11 08:27 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: good plan
I rather like this idea, considering the profits are going to charity. Allow people to pay what they want, if they pay above a certain amount they have the choice of getting all the albums together.

I second this... if it's possible.

I did talk to a few non-audio newgrounds friends, and they said they would be very interested in purchasing individual albums per genre/grouping instead of a total, as the lack of excessive funds was a general theme. Besides, many people buy albums for three or four songs within them.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-24 21:22:17

fatkid, did it completely slip your mind that I told you about juggernautknights stealing his submission from Dominik Rebitzer, aka Fake Smile Revolution? fuck, hes even accepted into the CDs. you're going to have to remove him asap, dude. please tell me production of physical copies hasn't been done yet...

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-24 21:30:05

At 11/24/11 09:22 PM, Lashmush wrote: fatkid, did it completely slip your mind that I told you about juggernautknights stealing his submission ....

Send him a PM, hopefully he'll get this message soon....

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-25 15:02:43

At 11/24/11 09:22 PM, Lashmush wrote: fatkid, did it completely slip your mind that I told you about juggernautknights stealing his submission from Dominik Rebitzer, aka Fake Smile Revolution? fuck, hes even accepted into the CDs. you're going to have to remove him asap, dude. please tell me production of physical copies hasn't been done yet...

Sure did. I'll remove him ;)