00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Ng Cd 2011 Project Results!

84,648 Views | 620 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 14:34:18


At 11/12/11 02:22 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:

:... I'm perfectly OK with it and whenever possible I'll still take part in competitions in the future.


It's just an opportunity to push yourself into making great new music, improving and having a bit of fun in the process :3

Kudos. <3
So, champagne for the winners, anyone? I'm afraid I'm devoid of any... :S

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 14:59:21


Wonderful work, everyone. I listened to pretty much every entry, and as a whole, the audio was all really well done. Whether you made it in or not, you all submitted some damn nice audio, and I'm happy we all got the chance to get together like this.

I'm honoured to have made the list, and cheers to everyone else that did, too. For everyone who didn't (or even if you did!), use the opportunity to connect with each other, collab, grow. It's pretty special that all of us musicians were able to come together this way - 10 years ago, something like this would be unheard of.

"The only real failures are wasted opportunities."


Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 15:00:12


Seriously guys, no need for bad sportsmanship here. In fact it's incredible that it was rare
to see a sog get a score lower than an 8! You should all feel proud to have made it past your WIPs! The goal here isn't to attack you and say who's better, it is to help everyone improve and showcase their work. We are all involves in this project as a community, along with every other contest on here, and I strongly reccomend NOT goving up. Along with Super up there, I have never won a forum contest. I never let that get me down though. I never received critique in the contests I entered, but I was lucky to get done great tips by reaching out to the community and now I an very proud of my ambient pieces.

Have faith on not only yourself, but in the people here. We are here to support eachother, not to fight like little school girls over eachothers cock sizes. *although mine is clearly larger than everyone's here*

Ps, I hope I didn't offend anyone in any of the poorly spelled reviews I left. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I can run you through your song.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 15:12:57


Extreeeeeeemely honoured to have made it into the CD and a huge congratulations to all of you too! I'll be eagerly awaiting the final products of the CDs and T-Shirts. :)

Thank you so much FatKidWitAJetPak... THANK YOOOOOUUUU. :D


Check out my album, "Virtually Conducted #1: Bonhoga": here!

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 15:26:12


At 11/12/11 03:00 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Ps, I hope I didn't offend anyone in any of the poorly spelled reviews I left. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I can run you through your song.

I feel deeply offended by your poor syntax and critique. Go rewrite that, bitch. XDDD
Oh, did you see the PM I sent you a couple of hours ago? No rush man! I can feel the pressure.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 15:31:17


Meh fatkid, you're too uncritical of music lol.

My shirt vote is kkslider btw.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 15:36:13


At 11/12/11 03:31 PM, jpbear wrote: Meh fatkid, you're too uncritical of music lol.

My shirt vote is kkslider btw.

You deserve cake. :3

Ng Cd 2011 Project Results!

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 16:13:26


As for the shirts, I vote KKSlider HOWEVER I think that both designs should be offered in the store because they're both awesome. Also I would buy and wear either or both gladly.


Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 16:36:13


Keep reviewing all the submitted songs. I want to see my song's review.


Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 16:48:18


At 11/12/11 04:34 PM, zelazon wrote: Stuff.

You make some perfectly valid points, but reviews shouldn't put you down. I thought the reviews FatKid made were brief, to the point and perfectly fine, and don't forget that the reviews weren't necessary over here. The way I see it he probably only did all those reviews to give us a bit of insight and feedback.

In other competitions were reviews may be necessary, there is nearly always a variety of different judges so that the bias is reduced (even here FatKid wasn't the only one judging). And in the end, if you made a good song and you enjoy making music, then you're bound to have enjoyed contributing towards the album, whether you made it in or not.

If these competitions just aren't your thing then that's up to you, but if I were you I'd make the most out of the competitions I join whether I do well in them or I don't!


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 17:09:53


wooohooo! Great job everyone, very happy with the results and the submissions that made it in. Thanks fatkid for setting this whole thing up. Really honored to be apart of music for charity :)


http://soundcloud.com/timarbury PM me here or there if you want to use anything. thanks

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 17:21:54


I'm extremely honored to have been chosen, this is the first NG competition that I've been successful enough to pass in. I'd like to say a huge thanks to all the mystery judges, protecting our city streets from vigilantes in the dead of night, and to FatKidWitAJetPak for putting so much work into this project.
Congratulations to all the winners, and to those who weren't lucky enough to make it in I would like to initiate a round of applause for all your outstanding tracks.


bork bork bork

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 17:49:21


At 11/12/11 05:21 PM, Xyresic wrote: ...and to those who weren't lucky enough to make it in I would like to initiate a round of applause for all your outstanding tracks.

*Applause*


Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 18:33:50


there were to many submissions to review, that fatkid took the time to review what he did is seriously a really kind act.

Im a harsh guy on the internet so ill say this flat out: your submission clearly did not deserve to pass through.

Have a nice day.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 18:49:44


I'm... in?

This is the first contest I've ever entered, and I'm in. I have no words for how happy I am right now. I thought for sure my submission would be lost among the flood of amazing songs. To be honest, I actually look up to many of the people that didn't make it. Everyone put their best foot forward and it showed. Soooo many good tracks.

At 11/12/11 07:24 AM, FatFaggotWitABowlCut wrote:
AetherX 10/10

Woh, you used a wobble as a.. as a... AS A BACKBEAT AND NOT A LEAD. WHO ARE YOU?!? Oh wow. This song is orgasmic! I want to blow up the room with this noise. Lordy lord son, youve got yourself a nice combination of house, dubstep, and hard style here. GOD THIS IS SO GOOD. I cant even explain to you how fucking fantastic this fucking piece of fucksauce is fucking me in the fuck hole FUCK YEA. This fills my ears with musical cum. Im melting to this smooth ass tempo.

I'm glad that I could... satisfy you? So pumped that you liked it! I can't wait for the CDs release!

I vote for Trois' design by the way. It doesn't matter too much, though, both designs are beautiful.


--NG Music -- Soundcloud--

Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 18:52:10


At 11/12/11 06:40 PM, SpaceWhale wrote:
At 11/12/11 06:33 PM, jpbear wrote: Im a harsh guy on the internet so ill say this flat out: your submission clearly did not deserve to pass through.
you don't need to be a dick about it

its a pretty concrete and neutral statement, and its the reason his track didnt pass. Not genre bias on the judge's part.

Not too complicated of an issue.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 20:15:26


Wait........ Hah I just noticed that I got reviewed twice. Does that mean I actually got a 16?


Listen to my (shitty) original music! (Only if you want to.)

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 20:41:21


I agree 100% on Oozles piece... it represents the Orchestral-Classical section quite well... the only thing I'd like to see is have it mastered with some really good VSTs for the CD (or performed and recorded outright, it's that good). The other classical pieces I listened (including mine) to were awesome as well, but didn't have that clean-cut polish that traditional orchestral music has... which was captured by that piece.

I'll have to look into bringing out the drums more in my pieces in the future, thanks for the good review FKWAJP! When will the judges' reviews be sent out? I love this chance for constructive critique, especially since you gave us all a chance for us to make a song that symbolizes our style and skill.


My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 21:42:28


Those biases DO exist that I've chosen to stop entering. It's no one's fault specifically, but I just feel that this environment isn't suited for me.

There are many contests here where, as you have said, Biases do exist... but that's because many of the contests on here are generated by its users on a volunteer basis. We aren't trained professionals or anything. There are going to be biases every now and then, but currently I think you are over exaggerating by saying you shouldn't enter because of these occasional bias decisions. When I judge here on NG, I try to get judges that are NOT bias at all. In fact, this is one of my main focuses because I noticed a large amount of biast BS in the main NG contests where Mindchamber basically choose all dub step tracks for the winners of the Robot Day and Madness Day contest. I make it a very large goal of mine to get rid of all the bias in the results.

I assure you me, and the other judges, were not bias at all. I choose judges that have a very large taste on the musical spectrum. I thoroughly enjoy music, and every bit of what music is. I didn't vote down on your song because it sounded like video game music. In fact I quite enjoy video game music. Some of my favorite songs are all 8-bit classics from games such as Final Fantasy and Chronos Trigger. I voted down on your song because I think there was large room left for improvement. Instead of blaming the judges for you not getting in, why not do your best to improve on your submission? The song can be interrupted as whatever genre you classify it as, but it can also be interrupted as whatever genre the listener classifies it as. Don't feel attacked by the system here.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 21:44:01


At 11/12/11 04:36 PM, J-Rex wrote: Keep reviewing all the submitted songs. I want to see my song's review.

I reviewed all the final entries, what username did you post your song under? I don't see your username in the thread.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 21:55:32


At 11/12/11 09:44 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 11/12/11 04:36 PM, J-Rex wrote: Keep reviewing all the submitted songs. I want to see my song's review.
I reviewed all the final entries, what username did you post your song under? I don't see your username in the thread.

Were you only posting the reviews of the songs that are on the CD?


Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 23:33:58


No I reviewed all of the entries, so yours should be there :)

I did not review the WIPS though.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-12 23:50:13


At 11/12/11 11:33 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: No I reviewed all of the entries, so yours should be there :)

I did not review the WIPS though.

I got the link to the site and remember uploading something to it.


Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-13 00:41:16


At 11/12/11 09:42 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:

... biast BS in the main NG contests where Mindchamber basically choose all dub step tracks for the winners of the Robot Day and Madness Day contest....

Mindchamber had little to nothing to do with those, other than being a staff member for the most part. They get a panel of people to judge the songs. I remember those from this year, and the best tracks where dubstep, since they felt like they fit the contest better. There is a bias towards what sounds more like the contest. And sorry to say that classical type (or other certain calmer genres) things, unless done right don't fit well. That and a lot of the other songs submitted where tracks people had already made and didn't seem fit to find the time to make an original track for the contest.

/end

Also WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Second thing i've gotten out of a contest. First was a shirt from the Hania contest a bit back (got third in that) and now this. Next maybe i'll win american idol, or the RAC's (If they come up this year)! :P

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-13 00:58:29


Im talking about The very first robot day we had lol. The results were kind of BS in my opinion. I don't know anything about this years robot day.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-13 01:51:06


At 11/13/11 12:58 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Im talking about The very first robot day we had lol. The results were kind of BS in my opinion. I don't know anything about this years robot day.

Well sir, YOU have GOT to get a look at it! Although it was unlike last year's, it had some nice features, including newgrounds' favorite troll Hooplahloo or something like that...

Anyway, I had an amazing time reviewing the music submitted by others. Everyone had decent submissions, some were over the top and quite surprising to hear from those that are really unheard of in the Audio Portal in general. Despite the lack of time I had for listening, I did have a chance to listen to everyone's piece, whether they have been WIP's or reposts for their finals. I really can't help but look forward to the finalization of this CD.

Still, with the attitudes from everyone in mind, as everyone will take things differently as intended, keep in mind that although you may or may have not gotten in, this gives everyone a chance to better themselves and become much greater composers and DJs in their future. I know for a fact that the feedback in Audio Portal is usually spot on, and it helps sculpt who we are as artists. With this, I bid everyone's well-put effort not with a grain of salt, but with an aspect that we will all get better.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-13 03:50:48


At 11/12/11 06:52 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 11/12/11 06:40 PM, SpaceWhale wrote:
At 11/12/11 06:33 PM, jpbear wrote: Im a harsh guy on the internet so ill say this flat out: your submission clearly did not deserve to pass through.
you don't need to be a dick about it
its a pretty concrete and neutral statement, and its the reason his track didnt pass. Not genre bias on the judge's part.

Not too complicated of an issue.

That's bias, for that'll mean not having paid attention to the song itself. We're not expecting you to be Mr Nice Guy, but if you think that person didn't deserve entry, substantiate your argument with something much more musically technical than 'You didn't deserve it'. Then, and only then, will we salute you for being much less biased.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-13 03:52:11


At 11/13/11 12:58 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Im talking about The very first robot day we had lol. The results were kind of BS in my opinion. I don't know anything about this years robot day.

I was disappointed by RD2010. I actually participated just for fun, to see how things really work in such contests, and how do the judges... judge. I lost of course, but some months later I came up with (IMO) a handful of beautiful tracks, deep and atmospheric.

I'm not self-celebrating, but even though I consider most of the contests to be flawed since the beginning, that doesn't stop me to continue improving myself and experiment something new, while strengthen what I already have. Who cares about how do they judge, really? You're here primarily to help people choose the right music for their projects. Numbers, scores, reviews, contests... it doesn't matter. It's just you and your audio.

To be honest, I don't really approve that FK called it a "system", since every judgement in the end is personal and objective up to a limit. But I can accept that, as long as my audio will continue to flow in this site undisturbed. The judgement methods they use... it's simply their problem. That's all I can say. I remember having a shitty time saying something like "That's totally unfair!!" or "Why didn't I make it to the top??" It just makes things worse.

/OT

Was the cake any good? :3

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-13 12:01:09


At 11/13/11 12:58 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Im talking about The very first robot day we had lol. The results were kind of BS in my opinion. I don't know anything about this years robot day.

lol you can't get an opinion from one instance, that would be a bias within it self. A bias within a bias :P

Don't worry, i'll try to not pick apart your logic to much more >:3

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-11-13 12:36:30


At 11/13/11 03:50 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
That's bias, for that'll mean not having paid attention to the song itself. We're not expecting you to be Mr Nice Guy, but if you think that person didn't deserve entry, substantiate your argument with something much more musically technical than 'You didn't deserve it'. Then, and only then, will we salute you for being much less biased.

I'm not a judge lol. He got his review, he doesnt need me to spell out why his track was unappealing and very amateur, it was a simple train wreck, sounds like the stuff i made within my first two months of production.