00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Ng Cd 2011 Project Results!

84,654 Views | 620 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-11 05:30:24


At 12/10/11 05:38 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: How about the *loser* lol who doesn't get their shirt picked hand write all the names of he participants down on a nice piece of paper, scan it, make it into a transparent PNG, and we can put it on the back if the T shirt! That way, everyone wins :D

Hopefully I can get enough money together to get these shirts up and running. I'll need about 50 shirts
roughly, so that's around 500 bucks. I'm sure I can talk to my friend who owns a t shirt business and get a great deal.

>___>
Ok dude, please send me a PM with ALL the participants' names. Sooner or later, you'll have what you're looking for. Lol. Any design ideas? Just a wall block of names?

(You better not getting me angry or I'll say everyone you STILL haven't made your split album track with me. ^^ trololol)

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-11 11:51:18


Slow down there skippy you have plenty of votes. If you don't want to write the names down you don't have to lol. And that split album track thing will be done, I just got my hands ties right now. I haven't been able to finish my next track. Once I do then hell yes I'll do a split album track with you.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-11 13:18:16


At 12/11/11 11:51 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Slow down there skippy you have plenty of votes. If you don't want to write the names down you don't have to lol. And that split album track thing will be done, I just got my hands ties right now. I haven't been able to finish my next track. Once I do then hell yes I'll do a split album track with you.

Rofl, I love when you get mad :3

Seriously though, maybe I have an idea... What if everyone writes down his signature on a white sheet, scans it, and then one puts them all together in a big, colorful transparent file?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-11 13:41:52


At 12/11/11 01:18 PM, KKSlider60 wrote: Seriously though, maybe I have an idea... What if everyone writes down his signature on a white sheet, scans it, and then one puts them all together in a big, colorful transparent file?

I like this idea cos it gives the name list a bit more of an artistic style other than just a block of names

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-11 13:47:28


At 12/11/11 01:41 PM, Echo wrote:
At 12/11/11 01:18 PM, KKSlider60 wrote: Seriously though, maybe I have an idea... What if everyone writes down his signature on a white sheet, scans it, and then one puts them all together in a big, colorful transparent file?

If everyone would have access to a scanner then sure. Hell just write it on a piece of a paper and take a pic with your phone lul.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-11 13:54:46


Everyone should find a cool font online and write their names (different fonts of course).
I think that would be great.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-11 14:32:41


At 12/11/11 01:54 PM, adsubzero wrote: Everyone should find a cool font online and write their names (different fonts of course).
I think that would be great.

There are tons of calligraphic fonts, OR... one could choose its signature font according to the song's style he/she originally posted! If it's a chilling/ambient song, I'll use a sans serif font for example - if it's classical/orchestral I'll use an elegant calligraphic font - if it's harsh-sounding or rock/metal I'll use a distorted font type. What do you think? Too complicated?

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-11 19:56:06


At 12/11/11 02:32 PM, KKSlider60 wrote: What do you think? Too complicated?

Just a tad... I quite like the first idea of just finding our own font, although that could get pretty messy on the back of a tee, and it might not look the best with heaps of different fonts.


bork bork bork

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-11 22:38:02


Let's go ahead and stick with the original plan for now. if we have time we can add the names.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-11 22:43:53


If it's going to be our own custom fonts then it should be set out like a poster to a festival. Y'know, some bigger than others and all that shit. I personally prefer just having them set out regularly listed.


Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-12 06:41:16


I am sooooooo happy that I made it on the CD!!!!! WOOOO, But i didn't knew I got on until someone pm'ed about it :O!

Anyways, thanks for that crazy review! I was like what the hell?!?! It was that good :O?

Oke let's go to the point, I was making this post becuase,

AirQuake - Love for music! - Dance/Elektro

And

AirQuake - Show me Waves - House

Are practically the same. Sorry for posting the same song under different names.
I would like to ask if you can delete "Love for music" And keep "Show me waves" I like that title more.

Thanks, Fatkid for this awesome Project!

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-12 21:05:12


Couple of questions FatKid

1. Do we need to send you WAV's at some point

2. Where you getting the 500 bucks for the tshirts i wouldent want to see you out of pocket mate i would rather pay for them if that was the case.

3. Christmas realese? I was hoping to give the CD to some of my family for christmas (but its not a big deal)

4. Spreading the word. Soundcloud, Facebook ect i was thinking a facebook launch event would be easy and free way spread the word about if everyone invited there whole contact list we could get good exposure.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-13 12:25:18


At 12/12/11 09:05 PM, gavkay21 wrote: 4. Spreading the word. Soundcloud, Facebook ect i was thinking a facebook launch event would be easy and free way spread the word about if everyone invited there whole contact list we could get good exposure.

There IS a Newgrounds group on FB, but very little is taken seriously here; unless it's important to the actual NG IRC.
Newgrounds IRC Group

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-13 12:29:01


ALSO

This custom font idea is cool but wouldn't it be simpler for each artist to post their personal "symbol/ Icon", and make a collage of those on the back of the shirt?
(That way everyone's symbol is about the same size, and it wouldn't look as messy)

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-13 16:47:25


BY THE BEARD OF ZEUS!!!
Thanks so much!!

Can't believe we got into this! Thanks for the review!
Much Love!

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-14 12:53:39


Hey guys! We need moar votes :D

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-14 23:37:38


At 12/14/11 12:53 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Hey guys! We need moar votes :D

I could always vote again... :P


Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-15 08:22:14


Glad to see that this is going well. I haven't been on the Portal too much of late, but I'm still glad.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-15 09:05:13


At 12/15/11 08:22 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Glad to see that this is going well. I haven't been on the Portal too much of late, but I'm still glad.

Yeah, it's turning out great :D Thanks to everyone here.
Oh, Xmas avatars.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-15 17:13:07


WE NEED MORE VOTES!

Go to page 7 and read the entries, then vote on your favorite charity and T shirt design! Thanks guys.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-15 17:15:46


I take it I can't vote on this one, can I? :S

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-15 22:41:45


At 12/15/11 05:15 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I take it I can't vote on this one, can I? :S

Anyone can vote :)

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-15 23:33:54


Music for Charity's got me and the first shirt has my solid vote _O_

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-17 19:19:34


LAST CALL FOR VOTES

Then we tally up the scores.

And I get everything finalized with Tom Fulp

And we work on Mastering

We get together the demo

We get the album art put together

Sadly I don't think we will have this done for Christmas, but that's fine. People will have money after Christmas so posting it after Christmas might be a good idea.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-19 06:17:45


I am thinking of going with Music for Therapy (is that the right name?).
And, naturally, Shirt #2.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-19 08:25:25


At 12/19/11 06:17 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I am thinking of going with Music for Therapy (is that the right name?).
And, naturally, Shirt #2.

Hey, I still didn't vote for mine! Shirt #1. XDDD

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-21 11:17:55


At 12/19/11 08:25 AM, KKSlider60 wrote:
At 12/19/11 06:17 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I am thinking of going with Music for Therapy (is that the right name?).
And, naturally, Shirt #2.
Hey, I still didn't vote for mine! Shirt #1. XDDD

>_> I thought you already did vote for your shirt; I even thought your name was included in the list of people who voted for Shirt 1...

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-21 15:28:01


At 12/21/11 11:17 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 12/19/11 08:25 AM, KKSlider60 wrote:
At 12/19/11 06:17 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I am thinking of going with Music for Therapy (is that the right name?).
And, naturally, Shirt #2.
Hey, I still didn't vote for mine! Shirt #1. XDDD
>_> I thought you already did vote for your shirt; I even thought your name was included in the list of people who voted for Shirt 1...

Nope, I didn't. Mine was a question, not a vote. <__<

"Charity: Music as Therapy
T-shirt: Uum... should I vote on mine? XDD"
Posted at: 12/6/11 10:14 AM

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-21 17:08:51


Aah. I fail. XD Thanks for notifying.

Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! 2011-12-21 17:24:33


At 12/21/11 05:08 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Aah. I fail. XD Thanks for notifying.

No probs. *hugs*