Due to the constant hurdles, lack of support, and mastering issues, I am going to go ahead and close this thread.
There are a lot of you who stayed by my side, helping me through difficulties and striving for success. Sadly, in the end, there were far too many issues to deal with. To be straight forward with you all, here is a list of the problems we experienced.
- The label we originally set ourselves up with posted the album with the MP3 files converted to WAV files... which sounded awful.
- Attempts to communicate with this label were unsuccessful for both FridayFox and I. In fact, the label ran off with the short amount of money we had made. (it was only $10 anyway). The label also closed down as soon as the album was posted.
- Attempts to find another label were unsuccessful. No one wanted to submit an album that listed so many genres, which is a reality I should have accepted in the very beginning.
- Attempts to grab original WAVs of the files were unsuccessful. Sonik and I both sent out plenty of emails to the artists in this album, and only a handful replied.
- The original mastering done to the files by MrMilkCarton did not work well, since only a few of the songs were mastered. He did a fantastic job, but compared to the rest of the songs nothing really fits together.
- Many of the original WAV files we received sounded awful in many sound tests. It was rare to find a professionally done track. (no offense to artists, there were many of the tracks that sounded fantastic, but the other half only sounded good with headphones and after extended testing these tracks clipped on sound tests so speakers did not handle them well)
- It has taken A YEAR to revert the damages done by the label that posted our music across the net... I have had to seek out the websites and take down the album. There are still some sites hosting that album right now.
- To clarify, the money donated to the team by several members here was used for printing off the CDs. I spent a few hundred bucks to print off those CDs, so I did not use any of the money for my own advantages and never would have any intentions to be so scandalous. I have receipt files located in a link below this post for proof. The CDs are actually waiting in a warehouse. I will go ahead and have them ship the CDs to me if anyone wants them. I mean, hell, the artwork is awesome. I will send them for free, just pay the shipping and handling if there is any. (I live in the US)
- As stated before, the original server hosted by our good friend Mich was deleted, as it should have been. Him and I communicated that would be fine, and It was my fault for thinking a backup server wouldn't be necessary. Well, all the original WAVs were lost, so the journey to get them all back simply never was accomplished because many artists moved on and never replied to the numerous emails sent to them.
- As for excuses, I am simply far too busy to continue dealing with this project. I am working in internships with Apple, writing a book on Psytrance culture, and am Djing on the side. My own personal projects have come up and I hate stressing over this project everytime I lay down in my bed. I have a life, as many of us do. It is time to deal with reality here.
I would like to offer my apologies for all involved, I can see a lot of passion in you guys. Throughout many conversations, different ideas were sprouted into an awesome project that took years to achieve... but in the end, the album never came to its full fruition. This is sad news to bear, and I wish it didn't turn out this way. For the first time, I am closing a community project. I have always enjoyed collaborating with the people here. There is such a wide variety of talent and we all share those talents together as a team. I am not perfect, however, and find this particular project to be far too overwhelming. I mean, we have been working on it since 2011. It is time to close this and move onto better achievements, which I feel many of us can.
I would like to thank all of you for being so patient, coming up with lots of great ideas in the discussion thread, and producing great music for all to enjoy. If you haven't already, post that music to soundcloud, show people what you are made of, and get ready to explode. I would like to give a very special thanks to the following people for helping with this project in the biggest ways possible.
FridayFox - Helping me deal with labels. He is a fantastic promoter, musician, and businessman. He defintley helped me in many different situations throughout this project.
KKSlider60 - Drawing an AWESOME T-shirt design, making an AWESOME ambient song, and simply being so AWESOME every step of the way.
XsakuX - Helping out with so many things towards the end of the project. He has been by my side during many issues, helping me communicate with every member associated with this project. You are a godsend, a talented house producer, and a good friend.
Mich - Having the talents to code a server for hosting all the original entries. I have seen this guy crack out some great designs.
Kuokehttp://kuoke.newgrounds.com/ - Drawing such PERFECT album artwork.
MrMilkCarton - Mastering a few tracks here. He is a musical genius.
There are many I could list here... but my memory is clouded since this project has been going on for so long. I am having this thread locked soon. Move on with your lives guys, continues composing amazing tunes, and keep checking back in the audio forums for better opportunities. This may be a failed project, but that doesn't mean we haven't grown. We have learned so much from this, and I will use this knowledge gained to make a much better project in the future. I hope everyone has improved their styles a bit. I wanted this project to combine the talents of this community, and it did. It just wasn't made into a CD.
Keep growing and keep composing Newgrounds.