00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bertn1991 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join!

43,319 Views | 692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-28 06:55:51

I think we should give these guys a shout http://www.ribi.org/. They are a group of business men and women that work for charity. I think that if we offered to support one of their charities (they work for a few) they could help allot with getting the word around about the album and even encourage their members to sell the CD in their stores. Small companies to big ones are involved with this group, so you would think they have decent contacts at their disposal and could prove valuable partners. I think they like the image of young people working for charity, so they mabey very willing to help out with this.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-01 18:51:16

bumpity

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-03 09:36:12

At 7/28/11 06:55 AM, gavkay21 wrote: stuff gavkay21 said...

I think this sounds pretty decent. I also need to report that theres some serious Parental Advisory shit going on with my tracks lyrics but it would seem the Hardcore album atleast cannot avoid that to some extent.

I also want to reiterate donating towards helping with the famine in Africa since its effects have been quite relentless...

Srsly, dem folk only be half-a-folk rite now.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-03 09:41:57

At 8/3/11 09:36 AM, Lashmush wrote: stuff lushmush said

I think there working with the african thing right now. But the "polio" seems to be the main one

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-03 09:49:04

At 7/28/11 06:55 AM, gavkay21 wrote: I think they like the image of young people working for charity, so they mabey very willing to help out with this.

this sounds like a great idea. that way the CD could possibly be sold on a much larger scale than just it being on the NG Store.hell,if we get enough copies sold,it could be on Television/News Stories.

anyone vote for FatKid to be our commercial persona? ;)

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.

"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-03 10:13:58

At 8/3/11 09:49 AM, NimblekidX wrote:
At 7/28/11 06:55 AM, gavkay21 wrote: anyone vote for FatKid to be our commercial persona? ;)

If we do go with this we WILL need someone to represent the project and newgrounds and approch the rotary club. The way i see it theres no harm in asking. Hell these guys might even fund for more copies to be made and send those copies out to thier local groups, you just dont know what they will say but very much doubt they dismis us without a good reason.

If it gets big enough to be on TV and news were doing somthing very good. It could be like band aid but worth buying as it covers all the main genres and anyone could get into it. (and a xmas release)

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-03 11:01:33

I'd vote for FatKid but he's a bit too fat and kid-like. Also, he keeps flying the fuck off whenever he feels like.

Srsly tho, if FatKid wants to, my vote goes on him too. I don't mind representing it if he's not up for it.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-03 11:13:24

The idea is that EVERYONE represents this contest. If you want commercial persona, tell people about the project! Send out PMs, put up banners in restroom stalls, and do whatever you want to get the message out there!

THINGS WE STILL NEED TO DISCUSS:

- Which charity organization should we donate to? *rice depot, heifer, japanese relief, e.t.c.*

- How much should the albums cost? *Name your own price past $5 for electronic, past $12 for physical, e.t..c*

- WE SHOULD PM EVERYONE WE KNOW ABOUT THIS PROJECT!

I am sending out moar PMs now with passwords and stuff for the forum.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-03 12:15:52

How much will it cost all in to produce one album, cover case everything? I think we need someone to spear head the marketing side of things and be the "face" of the project becuase EVERYONE can't approch people and companys it would just scare them.
We need to start telling people about this and i dont mean our freinds. I think we need to focus on the strong points of the album to our avantage to promote it IE: its for charity, it covers like every genre therefore it has a huge target audience ect. Thats why i think http://www.ribi.org/ is the best way to go. They support varoius charitys including the somalia aid appeal and its a collection of intenational buisness's that could sell the album in thier stores. Here is a direct qoute from their site ...

"Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland (RIBI) is an association of Rotary members, clubs and districts. It is part of Rotary International, a worldwide organisation with 1.2 million business professionals and community leaders in over 200 countries and geographical areas."

Thats the amount of exposure working with them could give us. I'll let you guys do the maths ..

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-07 12:29:45

Um. Sorry if everyone new this.. But if I could make a suggestion.. Reverbnation could come in handy.

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-11 17:30:57

At 8/3/11 12:15 PM, gavkay21 wrote: stuff gavkay21 wrote

yeah, RIBI might be a boon, but we'll have to proposition it to them and for them to sell the albums in stores means someones gonna have to dish out money for physical copies. 4x Double Albums in enough quantities will get quite expensive to print. Maybe if we get them a digital copy, they can have a listen and judge if they are willing to front money for physical copies and then be reimbursed only the productioncost, or if we want to pay for it ourselves we could also do that.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-14 15:35:27

4.) The list of genres for each album can include:

- Heartwarming, serious themed album based around the orchestral, folk, jazz, solos, and classical genres."
- Upbeat, dance/grindcore themed album based around Dubstep, Drum N Bass, progressive, and trance."
- Hardcore, brutal themed album based around metal, rock, face melters, and others."
- Chill, visual themed album based around ambient, pop, drone, 8-bit, and experimental/glitch.

So... Hip-Hop got no slot on this? It's one of the most happening sections in the AP. I would definitely sign up for a Hip-Hop section.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-16 23:01:28

How is everyone doing so far on their submissions? :)

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-17 02:02:59

At 8/16/11 11:01 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: How is everyone doing so far on their submissions? :)

mine is pretty much done,the only thing is,i dont know how to use a DAW,i only know how to score. this could either make or break me. but the song has a few things i want to tweak. but other than that,it's finished(can you go listen pl0x? :3)

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.

"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-17 02:59:21

At 8/16/11 11:01 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: How is everyone doing so far on their submissions? :)

Yup, I'm almost finished with my submission for the upbeat album. :)

Btw, my suggestion for the prices is $5 for the digital, and $12 for the cd, and the bundles of all 4 would cost $15 for the digital, and $36 for the cd, so the prices for a bundle would be like 3+1 free.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-18 11:46:27

The recording process is almost finished for me! I just finished the guitar tracks yesterday, drums the day before, and I just have a little left to do with keys. All I gotta do then is work some Pro Tools magic!

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-18 23:45:10

Glad to hear people are still on this! I'll send out PMs to check up on everybody and update.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-19 06:40:10

At 8/18/11 11:45 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Glad to hear people are still on this! I'll send out PMs to check up on everybody and update.

I haven't received any PM yet :'( But then again this is my update to tell you I'M STILL HERE!! :D

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-19 13:49:30

I've basically finished two tracks for the project, one for the Hardcore album and one for the Upbeat (though it's ironically a dutch mainstream hardcore track).

Also, the game.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-19 20:27:06

Is it cool if we post a couple different songs and ask which one people think we should use as our final? I've seen some people do this, but I just want to know if it's acceptable or if it's overkill. I like my current track as it is, but I've got stuff in the works that might be better. Dunno if I'll end up doing it, though.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--

Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-20 08:30:54

I have been working on something for a bit now, I hope my Industrial sound can fit in somewhere, but time is still in the process of becoming spent further, I had submitted a small clip no comments yet though.....maybe I should edit a longer preview....or maybe people just don't care about old school industrial like they used to....hmmmm either way i am having fun with this...and that makes good music.....usually....

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-20 09:53:15

HEY NEWCOMERS, READ THIS PLEASE BEFORE POSTING!Otherwise you'll just get yelled at ;)

Things that need to be discussed:

1.) What charity organization should we donate to? I say help with the japanese relief by donating to the heifer project. Teach a man to fish, you know that sort of thing.

2.) What should we charge per 2CD pack? *Each pack will include a certain list of genres that go well with eachother. Each pack will contain aprox. 30 songs*

3:) WHO WANTS TO JUDGE?

Feel free to bring up NEW points of discussion! Here are the things we have discussed so far:
This list contains everything we have gone over so far. Feel free to discuss it if you disagree with it, bring new points up, or PM me for info / if you want to be a judge or do some other help in promoting this. If you don't want to get involved just yet, that's fine, but please tell us that you are interested so we can send you a nifty PM when its time for you to make music like a boss.

1.)The album should include new songs not available on the portal. There will be a nice and private place to submit your entry. Only people with the password to the private server can access your song. Basically, only the people involved in this project will be able to listen to it, which means you will receive critique on your entry and be able to give critique on all the entries! No outsiders can come in and pirate the music :)

2.) Due to the inability to determine if people will enjoy the fact that the album has multiple genres on it, we should instead develop multiple themed albums based around certain genres that fit well together. Each album will be sold to the NG store with about 20+ songs on each album.

3.) Since there are so many people that will be put on the albums, we should donate all funds towards charity. Otherwise, everyone would get only $10 or so for condoms and electricity bills.

4.) The list of genres for each album can include:

- Heartwarming, serious themed album based around the orchestral, folk, jazz, solos, and classical genres."
- Upbeat, dance/grindcore themed album based around Dubstep, Drum N Bass, progressive, and trance."
- Hardcore, brutal themed album based around metal, rock, face melters, and others."
- Chill, visual themed album based around ambient, pop, drone, 8-bit, and experimental/glitch.

5.) I am making a sign up thread to sign up in. Basically, this sign up thread will replace the originally intended contest thread. "signing up" means that you get a PM with a password to the private website where all the music will be posted. This site will contain all the contest Information, rules, and a place for submitting your final amazingly bodacious track. This will allow the audio community to hear and give their opinion on all the music submitted, but NOT allow outsiders to come in and download/steal the music! Since we are making 4 albums, 8CDs, and 120 songs all together... That's a lot of music to steal! Having a private password protected submission page just for us seems to be the right way to go.

HERE IS THE SIGNUP THREAD. <-- POST THERE IF YOU WANT TO JOIN SO I CAN PM YOU

So, all in all we will have two threads:

A signup thread
This thread for discussion

6.) Once the contest is over, a team of judges and I will use a judging sheet to determine which the best tracks are. This "judging sheet" wlll most likely be out of 100 points and will be judged based on Quality, Fit, Originality, e.t.c. Only we judges have to worry about this though! :)

7.) Everyone who doesn't make it in will then be allowed to submit their song on the NG Audio Portal for proper criticism and suggestions. The main reasoning behind letting EVERYONE submit a newly made piece is to give EVERYONE a chance at getting into this. If someone ends up working hard and not making it in, then at least they can say they tried their best and therefore improved!

8.)Each album will be designed by someone over on the art portal.

9.)Each album will be mastered and mixed properly from a professional quality technician over here.

10.) We can promote and sell this album in just more than the NG store! With proper research on security to prevent piracy, we can sell this album in Itunes, ReverbNation, e.t.c. but it will mainly be created for Newgrounds by Newgrounds ro promote the Newgrounds audio community and Newgrounds as a whole... NEWGROUNDS.

11.) It has been decided that everyone will produce a new track for the album and choose the best tracks made to put on the album. This way, everyone can get involved, receive critique, and develop online friendships along the way. It will really strengthen the community.

CURRENTLY I NEED VOLUNTEERS THAT WILL:

Help Judge
Help Promote

This is coming along nicely so far!

Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join!

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-20 10:03:09

I feel my work would benefit the CD ;)

here's a dance project i'm working on, it's sounding pretty awesome!

If anyone's interested, check out the link details (:

First track is in production, not long now.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-20 10:04:16

At 8/20/11 10:03 AM, iheartsonyheadphones wrote: I feel my work would benefit the CD ;)

forgot the link xD

Summerphresh! - A sign of things to come

First track is in production, not long now.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-20 11:19:51

At 8/20/11 10:04 AM, iheartsonyheadphones wrote:
At 8/20/11 10:03 AM, iheartsonyheadphones wrote: I feel my work would benefit the CD ;)

forgot the link xD

Summerphresh! - A sign of things to come

Read ze rules, monsieur. No uploading tracks outside the private project thread. :3

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-26 10:33:57

Sending out more PMs with the private password and thread... how is the thread on the private server coming? I havent checked it lately.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-26 10:49:31

I'm thinking about creating a totally different song for the album, the one I'm working on now isn't coming along. I'm still aiming for dance/trance/house though.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-27 17:40:42

Quick question. I didn't see it addressed in the thread, but I only read through about half of the pages. Is it acceptable to submit a track that is a colaberation with another artist, (provided both artists are okay with submitting the song).

Thanks!

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-29 12:57:24

I'm trying to log onto the NGCd website, but it's not loading :/

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-08-30 12:20:29

At 8/29/11 12:57 PM, joekuli wrote: I'm trying to log onto the NGCd website, but it's not loading :/

Hmm, it works now, must have been down for a few hours...