00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chineeztac0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dungeons and Dragons.

2,110 Views | 32 Replies

Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-18 23:24:53

I know I'm going to regret asking this question but.

Has anyone on NG played D&D? If yes anything funny happen?

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-18 23:26:10

I played D&D online. Pretty boring.

Cockz and whatnot

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-18 23:28:53

I've never played it, personally, but I hear it's for nerds and fags.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-18 23:31:29

It's not as nerdy as its reputation gives it. I tried it once. It was interesting, but it didn't go very far.

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-18 23:31:55

I agree with you on that my friend.

i'll give my thread a story.

I was playing a very stupid dwarf fighter who hit stuff and and didn't have much reason to be made. he was my first character, what can I say? None the less, the group i played with had a lot of funny things happen. One that sticks out is when our half orc healer (cleric) summon some kind of flying creature, let it pick him up, fly him to a theif we were chasing and then drop him from 60 feet in the air....The theif was out cold (-1 Health) and the healer broke several bones, punchured like 3 organs and passed out as well.

Why is this funny? Think about a large grey monster falling from the sky on top of from some poor sap in the middle of the woods.

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-18 23:32:35

I've played at a cousin's house once. Not too bad, but it takes for ever to do simple things, and one battle could be like 45 minutes. A good thing though, is you're only limited by imagination. So I impaled people on poles, then ripped their legs off, and swung them like a club.

Twas fun till I died.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-18 23:36:24

At 5/18/11 11:30 PM, Travis wrote:
At 5/18/11 11:28 PM, Sevkat wrote: I've never played it, personally, but I hear it's for nerds and fags.
Same.

There is no god damn reason to have anything over 20 sided dice unless it's for a magic 8-ball.

Eight ball?

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-18 23:36:54

At 5/18/11 11:28 PM, Sevkat wrote: I've never played it, personally, but I hear it's for nerds and fags.

Not stereotypical nerds though. I've seen all kinds, all pretty normal. None are the zero social life, still is a virgin, fat nerds you always see. Most of just normal people. Also cigarettes can't play games silly.

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 00:05:10

I've never liked board games so I probably wouldn't like playing D&D.

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 00:05:38

At 5/18/11 11:36 PM, Sevkat wrote: Eight ball?

You stop that, you stop that right now. Why must you tempt me so?

On-topic, I used to play D&D with my friends until about a month and a half ago. Our DM got three jobs and hasn't had time to do it anymore or get us organized. Funny shit happened all the time, like our priest hitting on every female NPC in town, my Bard getting one-shot by a giant Earth Elemental (critted me for WELL over my feeble HP, splattering my brains), etc etc.

Oh and we were in a town that was on fire and two of us had our mind's taken over by a ghoul or something, and we were dragging eachother into the fire, constantly trying to get them off of us AND kill that damn thing.

Ignore this signature.

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 00:06:55

i played grade 6-8

back in 3rd edition

nothing funny really happened, but it was fun

we're a punchline to spengler's joke

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 00:19:21

I love D&D. I play every week, and hilarious things happen all the time, if everyone is in a good mood. You just have to get a group together. For example, I used to play an eladrin wizard. One time we were fighting lizardmen and drakes, and I was doing well until I forgot about to drakes in back that two-shotted me. Another time we were fighting automotons when a balista two-shotted me from across the (very long) room. See a trend here? I was very easy to down, but the game was still fun.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 00:22:50

I never have, I wanted to when I was younger. But not anymore. My friends moms boyfriends tried to get us to play, and it sounded lame when he was trying to explain everything.
Also, this.

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 00:29:21

At 5/19/11 12:19 AM, icecreammac wrote: if everyone is in a good mood.

What would happen if not everyone was in a good mood? Suppose one person was in a bad mood, would he wreck the game?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 00:35:36

At 5/19/11 12:29 AM, Sanjeev98 wrote:
At 5/19/11 12:19 AM, icecreammac wrote: if everyone is in a good mood.
What would happen if not everyone was in a good mood? Suppose one person was in a bad mood, would he wreck the game?

Sometimes, they would. Other times, though, they lighten up and join the rest of us making jokes and all.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 01:31:34

my friend is obsessed with it, and hes trying to get me interested in it, but its not working
me personally, i couldnt care less about it

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 04:28:28

It sems great to me, though. All the freedom and fantasy involved.

Sadly, it takes you to know some people who play it cause forming a group on your own is kind of boring. So I never got to playing it.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 04:34:48

Its like wow. I'm already nerdy enough. I don't want to touch that shit.

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 04:36:02

At 5/18/11 11:24 PM, Skarrde wrote: I know I'm going to regret asking this question but.

No but I vaguely remember the old cartoon.

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 04:41:22

At 5/19/11 04:36 AM, ngman7 wrote:
At 5/18/11 11:24 PM, Skarrde wrote: I know I'm going to regret asking this question but.

No but I vaguely remember the old cartoon.

There was a D'n'D cartoon?
Hm, I think it was more popular in the 80's than it is today.
Although, I grew up in the 90's without ever hearing of it.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 06:17:39

Dungeons and Dragons is a genius game, I mean, if have a little imagination, if you're all gray-haired you're going to find it boring and call it a faggy, nerdy game.

Heh, jealous, old people.

Tick Tock

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 06:27:14

I tried it once, but everything takes too long, so you can only play it if you have alot of time on your hands, I prefer games that don´t take over 3 hours.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 06:30:20

At 5/19/11 06:27 AM, Asandir wrote: I tried it once, but everything takes too long, so you can only play it if you have alot of time on your hands, I prefer games that don´t take over 3 hours.

I guess Axis and Allies isn't your game then, which can take over 8 hours to play.

Tick Tock

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 06:34:17

At 5/19/11 06:30 AM, Falonefal wrote:
At 5/19/11 06:27 AM, Asandir wrote: I tried it once, but everything takes too long, so you can only play it if you have alot of time on your hands, I prefer games that don´t take over 3 hours.
I guess Axis and Allies isn't your game then, which can take over 8 hours to play.

Axis and Allies is fun because you can be Nazi Germany and conquer that shit.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 06:34:45

At 5/19/11 06:30 AM, Falonefal wrote: I guess Axis and Allies isn't your game then, which can take over 8 hours to play.

You are right, I wouldn´t like that game, since it takes so long, also I am not really a fan of strategy board games in general.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 09:15:51

I've played D&D for years - funny stuff happens all the time, the best way to experience this is to pick up some dice and get together with some RPers and see for yourself.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 09:18:46

At 5/19/11 09:15 AM, Coop wrote: I've played D&D for years - funny stuff happens all the time, the best way to experience this is to pick up some dice and get together with some RPers and see for yourself.

+1 reason to love Coop.

Tick Tock

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 09:29:13

No I definitely prefer videogames.

More funny stories can come from that.

"Aww man I shot marvin in the face..."

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 16:06:26

At 5/19/11 09:29 AM, RalphieUJ wrote: No I definitely prefer videogames.

More funny stories can come from that.

The only way you can be quite as random in VGs is by playing MMORPGs. Similar, but if you're playing on the RPG side of things, very possible.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Dungeons and Dragons. 2011-05-19 21:30:09

At 5/19/11 04:34 AM, TheColourAwsome wrote: Its like wow. I'm already nerdy enough. I don't want to touch that shit.

I would agree with you but WoW is powered by programming which is limited. DnD is all in your mind, which pretty much means, if you have a awesome DM you can very well get some awesome powers to blow shit up with.